Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Wizarding Wireless Network (Musicians, Theatre, etc...)
TMPDGM (Band) Practice Space - Cici's Garage - East End

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:18 pm
User Image

User Image

Practice space for the band The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Myth
Located in scenic Cici's garage, East End, London, England

xxxBAND MEMBERSxxx
Cecilia "Bubbles" Quintana - Singer/Guitarist/Songwriter/Founder/Jill of All Trades
"Candy" (NPC) - Bassist/Backup vocals
"Rebel" (NPC) - Keyboard/Songwriter
Johanna Blake - Drums

All NPC band positions are open - if you want to join the band, contact Cara MiaKitty
NPC member will be put on a bus so your character can replace her

Credit for art goes to Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:21 pm
xxxx X xxxxAbout The Bandxxxx X xxxx
Formed in 2035 by Lead Singer/Guitarist Cecilia "Bubbles" Quintana following the break up of her third band
The band member's nicknames started as a joke, and it kind of spiraled from there
The band name itself was a half-baked 2 am idea on the part of former drummer Vivian "Cherry" Cross after hours of trying to choose a name
It was prompted by Cici's comment that they "needed a name to let people know they were a bunch of angry chicks who weren't going to fulfill some stupid fantasy for some stupid boy"

xxxx X xxxxCecilia "Bubbles" Quintanaxxxx X xxxx
Founding member of TMPDGM
Member of 3 bands before TMPDGM
Formed this one so she'd stop losing bands via break ups

xxxx X xxxx"Candy"xxxx X xxxx
Founding member of TMPDGM
Worked as a waitress/bartender prior to joining

xxxx X xxxx"Rebel"xxxx X xxxx
Joined TMPDGM six months after it formed
And one week after the original Keyboardist bailed
Dropped out of college to pursue music

xxxx X xxxxJohanna Blakexxxx X xxxx
Was recruited for TMPDGM by Cici in 2041
Part-time employee at Dominic Maestro's in Hogsmeade

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 pm
xxxx X xxxxCurrent Projectsxxxx X xxxx

Recording Album "UNTITLED"
Song list includes - "Blood Red Nails", "Scream", "Who Are You", "Bad Poetry"

Gigs - None
Contact Cecilia to book a show

Collaborations - None
Contact Cecilia about collaborating

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            I was supposed to do great things, I know the road was long-
                                            But I wasn't raised to shoot for fame, I had the safety on
                                            I cut my ties, I sold my rings- I wanted none of this
                                            If you start from scratch, you have to sing just for the fun of it!
                                            I’d be alright, if I could just see you (Come up for air, come up for air!)
                                            A miracle mile, where does it lead to? (Come up for air, come up for air!)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Aυѕтмαя Ƙяιѕтвנσяη Ɛι∂є x
                                            Durmstrang AlumnusHalfbloodDragon Keeper Multilinguistxxxxx

「 Early Spring 2036 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Austmar didn't know what to deal of being so jittery over a girl, because usually he was confident of having the charm and smoothness to the ladies. But now? He had been in the bathroom for an hour and a half back home to practice his lines of how to ask Cici out properly. Matteo was so pissed about it, though, since he had to use the bathroom as well because the shower in the other bathroom was broken. Look, he and Cici had been hanging out for a few months here and there, talking about small things like "What's your favorite type of music" or "what's your patronus?" She was kind of nice, though occasionally guarded. Austmar wasn't the type to ask people personal question unless it's someone in his family because Austmar loves them so much. On the other hand, he was feeling irritated about how Vilhelm was shoving baby pictures to prove the point that Austmar was still single. But then, he guessed it's karma because Austmar used to make fun of Vilhelm about his "lack of romantic social life". Oh well, at least his little brother was happy and s**t.

Arriving at East End, Austmar was only a block away from the practice garage Cici had talked about a few times. While he did came her to ask her out, Austmar also wanted to know how she makes music, or sing, to be honest. Damn, he knew his sister Arnbjorg plays guitar, she should try joining the band so that she will stop bother him. Though, as much as he wanted to semi-swallow his pride for once and ask Arnbjorg, Austmar didn't want to because she just recently broke up with her boyfriend Marcus. "Long-distance issues," she said, "Though it was mutual." It was kind of sad, because Marcus proved too much that he's worth being Arni's boyfriend, even though Austmar threatened to club him if he broke Arnbjorg's heart. He didn't do it, though, because Arni insisted not to and said that she's not going to spend an entire week moping. Welp, he'll just hope that she's right...

The Norwegian can hear the rock music from just a block away, so he made his pace a bit faster to see the show. Austmar put his hands on his bomber jacket's pockets as he looked over the garage door to see a band singing. He had to admit, but the song was good- and Austmar was sure that Rubin and Arnbjorg would love these types of songs, to start with. As the music goes on, he was feeling awkward standing here just watching but Austmar knew better than interrupting them, so he was yet to figure out his move. But first, he wanted to hear the end of this.

« with [some band] at [East End] »
                                            « [single] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

I feel the air upon my face; forget the mess I'm in!
                                            Hold me again, don't count mistakes- I lost track of them
                                            I was in the mud, I was in the dirt-
                                            Went underground and I found what I was worth!
                                            All alone and I know I can't stay-
                                            But we're walking up and down the streets to stay awake

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:39 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGarage
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus - The Band
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ℓιкє тнє ℓєgєи∂ σf тнє ρнσєиιχ αℓℓ єи∂ѕ ωιтн вєgιииιиgѕxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωнαт кєєρѕ тнє ρℓαиєт ѕριииιиg - тнє fσя¢є σf ℓσνє вєgιииιиgxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ωє'νє ¢σмє тσσ fαя тσ gινє υρ ωнσ ωє αяєxxxxxx
                                                          ѕσ ℓєт'ѕ яαιѕє тнє вαя αи∂ συя ¢υρѕ тσ тнє ѕтαяѕxxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceIt wasn't the first time the band's practice sessions had attracted an audience. Actually, they pretty much always did, unless the weather was shite and people had no interest in being out in it. Even still, this was London; it rained a lot. Unless the streets were flooding and you were liable to get struck by lightning, people would stop and listen for at least a song or two. Normally, Cici didn't pay them much mind. Every once in a while someone would try to 'tip' them, which was weird because they weren't busking, they were practicing, and there wasn't a guitar case or anything open to throw money in. Or, there didn't used to be. Candy had taken to leaving her case open just because she'd gotten sick of people awkwardly setting it on the ground, or fidgeting around while they waited for the band to take a long enough break so they could awkwardly hand over a couple pounds. Plus sometimes they just gave up and walked off. Cici wasn't about to stop mid-practice session just to take five quid from a rando off the street.

spaceThis was different, though, because it wasn't a rando off the street standing at the garage entrance. Admittedly, it took a minute for the singer to notice, since she wasn't really looking at his face. But she finally realized he looked familiar, and took a second to focus on him. Realizing it was Aus, she debated internally for a moment. She could pause practice and talk to him, or she could make him wait it out. It was Aus, so he'd probably stand there watching the whole time and not mind much. Meanwhile her bandmates might get a bit twitchy if she halted their session just to chat up some bloke. Alright, keep playing, then. Finish the set, at least. They had a small show coming up, nothing big, just playing at some club Rebel knew the bouncer at. Not much pay, but exposure. Cici was sick of exposure, but they didn't have much choice, she guessed.

spaceThey were almost at the end when Aus showed up anyway, only two songs left in the set. He didn't have to wait long. Maybe six minutes went by before Cici was waving the girls off to talk to him. She tactfully chose to ignore Thorn's teasing; the little brat was only nineteen, of course she was immature. They'd all heard a bit about the blonde, of course, and probably knew damn well who he was just because Cici was taking the time to talk to him. Whatever; she was allowed to have friends. Even ones that happened to be male.
                                                          "Hey," she greeted, faint confusion on her face. "What brings you by? Just on this side of town, or...?" For a half second, she got a little freaked out. Had he stalked her? How had he found out where her practice space was? There was no way he just so happened to walk by her garage, her flat, by coincidence, while she was playing with her mates, with the door open for anyone to see.

spaceBut, before her thoughts could race too much, she remembered drunkenly inviting him to stop by sometime, and telling him the street. 'You can't miss it,' she'd giggled. 'Only all girl rock band on the block.' Or rock band period, she figured. There was a neighbor down the road a bit who played drums, but that was all she ever heard. And old Mrs. Watkins a floor down from her had a piano, which was actually pretty sweet. She was damn good, no matter how much better she claimed she'd been as a young woman. Plus, sometimes she came down and watched the band play, only to take over Rebel's keyboard and return the favor with their own private concert. She'd been a professional in her youth, apparently. Cici thought she was the coolest old lady she'd ever met.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxѕнє'ѕ υρ αℓℓ иιgнт 'тιℓ тнє ѕυи, ι'м υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ѕσмє
                                                          xxxxxxѕнє'ѕ υρ αℓℓ иιgнт fσя gσσ∂ fυи, ι'м υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ℓυ¢ку
                                                          xxxxxxxxxωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт 'тιℓ тнє ѕυи, ωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ѕσмє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт fσя gσσ∂ fυи, ωє'яє υρ αℓℓ иιgнт тσ gєт ℓυ¢ку

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galakslyph

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 am

「 Early Spring 2036 」

"Um. Hei Cici." Austmar greeted as well, though it was like his speech was all set to waste because being fidgety wasn't part of the plan. But that was what Gypsy told him, right? Being dorky and all? Well now, Austmar was not a natural of it, and he didn't think it was a good thing because he was thinking that this might screw up... yet he called himself as a confident guy. Shame. However, Cici looked as if she didn't recall telling him the address of her band's garage- which was probably making him look like a stalker. "Sorry, I... I should've owl'd you that I'm stopping by, so... Nice music, by the way- I think my sister would like that, too. You should meet her sometime, you know?" 'Should've brought my sister here, he thought, thinking that Arnbjorg will be there to ensure that he wasn't stalking or something like that. On the other hand, she was just going to torment him again by the power of teasing- because she's Arnbjorg Sunneva Eide.

"Also, you told me to visit sometime here and you gave me the address so. There's that." Though, Austmar recalled Cici being slightly buzzed when she told him that. Fiddling with his unzipped bomber jacket, that it revealed his Blink-182 shirt, his brown eyes refocused on her and asked, cheeks flushing into pink, "Okay so, I think I shouldn't be circling around, except- are you lot busy? We can talk later, if you like." He knew better than just telling her with straight 'I'm asking you on a date, let's go" or something like that. That's stupid, and he might earn a slap across the face... Austmar never gotten a slap since his... sixth year.

« with [Cici] at [East End] »
                                            « [single] »

ooc

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:12 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGarage
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus - The Band
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceCici couldn't help but giggle a little at how flustered he seemed. She crossed her arms, biting her lips to keep the small giggle from turning into a full on belly laugh, which would've been mean. He got enough shite from Gypsy from what she heard, he didn't need to catch it from her as well. "It's not a big deal," she replied. "Just wasn't expecting to see you, is all. Was a bit on the tipsy side when I told you where we practice, and I don't usually make a habit of telling people that information. Sorry I forgot." Truthfully, she still wasn't sure why she'd told him. On the one hand, he wasn't really any more dangerous than any other person that could come around the garage. It wasn't like she couldn't pick up a stalker just by playing with the door open. But, he already knew a lot about her, so telling him more didn't seem the best idea, unless she was positive she wanted to go all in with the guy, which she wasn't sure about. He was a nice guy, from what she could tell, but nice guys didn't always stay nice. Though, his relationship with the metamorphmagus made her feel slightly more comfortable; she doubted a woman like that would put up with a guy if he was a real arsehole. Then again, she was taken, so maybe he just hadn't ever bothered to show her what an arsehole he was.

spaceAll that was moot, though, since she had in fact given him the address and he had in fact stopped by. At least she hadn't mentioned she lived upstairs... She didn't think. She had been pretty drunk, though, so who knows? She could already hear her bandmates (aside from Thorn, anyway) calling her an idiot if she had. They weren't wrong, either. So far, Cici hadn't picked up any creeps that'd hung around very long, but Rebel had a couple guys following her around for a few weeks, and Candy had a fan turned boyfriend turned ex turned stalker. The girls tended not to give out personal information. Cici even less than the others; she was the one who had the biggest weakness, after all. Now that, she definitely hadn't told Aus. And probably never would.

spaceShe flipped her hair over her shoulder, smiling at him.
                                                          "You're free to bring her by sometime," Cici replied cheerfully. "Does she play anything? Sing? She could join the band. Or be a roadie, Thorn could use the help. Or a groupie, Candy'd be into that." She was joking, of course. At least, about the last part. Or, well. Mostly joking. Candy really would be into some cute female groupie. Cici wouldn't mind one herself, except groupies caused a lot of drama. There was a reason this was the third band she'd been in, after all. Plus, if she wasn't actually going to pursue anything with someone, it'd be sort of stupid to want a girl hanging around like that. She wasn't a tease. Most of the time.

spaceGlancing over her shoulder, she saw that the others were more or less packing up, getting ready to head out. They had been whispering among themselves, and practice wasn't really supposed to end this early, so she wondered if they were making themselves scarce because she had company. She wasn't quite sure how she felt about that, honestly. On the one hand, it was sweet, on the other hand, they were being pretty presumptuous. Turning back to Aus, she shrugged.
                                                          "Everyone's putting up their gear, so I guess we're calling it quits for the day," she said, a little more loudly than necessary. Her voice echoed through the garage, and she received a few calls of assent from the others, various excuses being tossed out.

spaceSo they were definitely bailing because Aus had shown up. Brilliant. She rolled her eyes, reminding herself to get them back for this. She couldn't tell if they were trying to play matchmaker, or what. Either way, it was annoying.
                                                          "I could eat," she said, for no real reason other than the fact that she knew her stomach would probably growl and prove she was lying if she said otherwise. Plus, it'd get Aus away from her flat before he realized she lived there. "What's up, anyway? This seems like more than just a social call." 'We can talk later' implied there was more than small talk to be had, which had her curious. She called for Candy to make sure the garage got locked up, and grabbed Aus' arm, pulling him down the street. "You want anything specific? I know all the good haunts around here."

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galakslyph

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:47 pm

「 Early Spring 2036 」

Austmar just said nothing and shrugged nodded in forgiveness when Cici apologized, when in truth he was wondering why she should be apologizing. Then again, maybe his standards of women was ridiculously high that Gypsy was probably not surprised as of why Aus was still single. That... and he was type to decline one-night stand offers that he was given a glare by the ladies he was flirting with. Yeah, that too. And then there was that running gag of his younger brother throwing shade at him about who got the sex first, like Odin's beard, ******** Vilhelm for all Austmar cared.

He did however snickered at the idea of Arnbjorg trying to go on a tour, to which Aus though his sister will appreciate. But on the other side of the coin... "I know she plays a guitar as a hobby, my sister Arnbjorg probably has her dream job by now... probably being an arse to our brother's busy a** in London." He shrugged, as if Austmar was pretty much resigned to it by now. But knowing her... he guessed Arni was the type to be some part-time roadie "just because it's interesting" so... Aus didn't think that won't cross out. Though he was beginning to think that Cici's bandmates didn't like him, but Aus didn't care- it wasn't like he was a pretentious pureblood or whatever.

Now that Cici was perceptive enough to know that Austmar wasn't really here for small talks, he guessed that makes things easier for him or no? Maybe he was expected to expect the worst, but at least she was up for lunch. "I was thinking of..." Austmar began to speak, and he was thinking that him being awkward was foreign to him. But ******** it, he didn't care anymore. "I was thinking of asking you out on some date? If you want to, of course. I mean, sure I think we've been hanging out for a few months so it's chill if it's a no but yeah... I was wondering if you're up to it or something?" On one hand, he sounded nervous and uncertain... but on the other Austmar was sounding like he was bluntly rambling. Oh Charisma, where was it when he needed it?

« [single] »

ooc

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:07 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGarage
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus - The Band
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceCici was more than a little shocked by Aus' question. Less shocked, of course, by her bandmate's reactions. Candy and Thorn had giggled, and Rebel had let out a rather loud 'whoop!', which was annoying, to say the least. All three girls thought she was too paranoid. They were all pretty paranoid, but Cici took the cake. She had good reason to, though. It wasn't her fault if she had only entrusted one of them with her secret thus far. The other two... Well, they were just too young. And acted it. Cici didn't trust them to keep her secret, or to take it seriously. They both needed to mature a bit before she could tell them. Of course, Rebel didn't have that excuse, and Cici was going to remind her of that fact the second she got the chance. Loudly.

spaceShe really hadn't expected this from Aus, and wasn't the least bit prepared. But, she couldn't stand there gaping at him. Truthfully, she'd never thought of dating him. He was cute, but he'd always given off this sort of 'no' vibe. She had honestly figured on him being asexual or something. He never really looked at girls when they were out, or guys, and had been super annoyed at Gypsy trying to set him up when they'd met. Of course, ace didn't mean aro, but she'd not noticed him caring much about that, either. He seemed more exasperated with romance than anything else. Which was part of why he had this address, because she'd figured he was safe. Not that actually being interested in her meant he wasn't, it just meant he might be safe in a different way than she'd thought. He'd have to be a really good actor to've just been playing some long con with her, after all. And as much as she liked him, she didn't think he could act for shite.

spaceShe recovered quickly, inhaling deeply to try and center herself. Okay, so she hadn't considered it, but that didn't mean she was opposed to it. He was nice. A gentleman. Funny. Very cute. And... yeah, safe. Still, that didn't make her want to dive headfirst into anything. She clicked her tongue.
                                                          "Do you mean like, right the hell now?" she asked, semi-jokingly. "'Cause no offense, your timing could use some work if that's the case. I smell like sweat and garage and I'm not really dressed for a proper date, yaknow?" This felt very surreal. Which made sense, considering it was literally the last thing she'd expected from him. "That's not a no, mind, just a rain check? I mean, I guess if we went to grab a bite now it could technically be a date, but I figure if that's the case we've been dating for a couple months and just didn't know it." She chuckled slightly. Part of her wondered if maybe that was the case, and Aus was genuinely just so benign and unoffensive that they'd been 'dating' without her realizing that's what he thought they were doing. Except he'd actually just asked her on one, and seemed a little nervous, so probably not. "How about, totally normal non-date lunch now, and then we can go on a date-date later this week... Maybe Saturday night?" Where they'd go, she had no clue. Maybe she could scout around for a show they could go to? Was Aus a concert kinda guy? ... If he wasn't, this relationship was probably doomed anyway, truth be told.

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:45 am

「 Early Spring 2036 」

Austmar had always thought himself of being a daredevil... in his job and sports, or maybe just in everything. But to Rubin's words, daredevil means "impulsive" and that's why they couldn't leave him alone. And, maybe they're right and Austmar was exhibiting his reckless streak because he just rambled to Cici about his 'asking out' a bit too much. Not at Austmar cared, because he didn't really care about Rubin's sarcastic quips because hey, they're still single as a lonely stick in a bare island. So whatever. On the other hand...

"I mean..." Austmar was a bit taken back when Cici asked if it meant right now, which was something Austmar didn't have in mind. He was more thinking of like, say, next week or something. "Nope, not really. I was gonna ask like, probably next week or so. You know, whenever you're free or something. But um. Yeah. I think I could use some timing training or something." He cleared his throat as if trying to calm himself up a bit, not that it was going to stop his impulse control or something like that. Though, she has some sort of a point- Austmar wanted to think that maybe him and Cici simply hanging out would count as dating, but geez, he had to keep in mind that Cici didn't think of that. Because again, she was a bit on her guard to probably think that this was a date, right? Austmar did laugh, however, when Cici considering that maybe they were dating and just didn't know it. "Haha! I wish it was pretty much like that, kind of. As much as I'm charming, I'm not really into fancy date stuff. I mean, I could... but I was more into, you know, hype-type of dates? Like say, concerts and movies?" Then came upon the realization that he didn't answer her question if they could do a lunchy date-date, and so he became flustered that it was obvious given his Class Pale Nordic complexion. "But sure! We can have a non-date lunch. Payment's on me, though I wasn't sure where- d'you got some suggestions?" He said, sounding enthusiastic, "And yeah... Saturday Night works for me. What kind of place do you want to go, though?"

« [single] »

ooc

Cara Miakitty

Quote:

Quote:

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:27 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxGarage
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAus - The Band
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceCici giggled slightly, lightly punching Aus' upper arm. "Well, that's a relief," she told him. "I like looking cute on dates, yaknow. And smelling like I've bathed recently." Truthfully, she liked smelling like she'd bathed recently almost all the time. She was all for earthy smells, being half wood nymph. But body odor wasn't something she'd ever been fond of. Some people smelled alright when they sweat, but the best word Cici could come up with to explain her own scent was 'swampy'. Which made sense, she guessed. She was descending from magic plant/humanesque hybrids, and water plus dirt plus greenery created swamps, once the water level got high enough. Or bogs. Maybe she was a bog. Either way, it wasn't a good smell.

spaceShe still wasn't quite over how surreal it felt that he was asking her out. Maybe it should've been obvious, and she'd just missed the signs. But it wasn't a bad kind of surreal by any means, so she was more than willing to roll with it.
                                                          "I'm free whenever," she said. "I can cancel band practice if I have enough advance notice, that's no big deal. And I'm between temp jobs right now. Even if I wasn't, I just work normal office hours usually." She was getting a little nervous about the job situation, actually. She temped both in the muggle and magical world, and cleaned houses when she wasn't getting work. But lately the only 'jobs' she'd been getting were helping out her elderly neighbors. She'd even cleaned her landlady's storage area to make up for not having her full rent for the month. It probably wouldn't happen again, which meant if she didn't get a job or a well-paying gig for the band soon, she might be in some trouble.

spaceBut, now was not the time to worry about her financial woes. What was important right now was figuring this date-thing out. She tried not to laugh when he called himself charming. Not because he wasn't, but because of the way he said it, so matter-of-factly, and how inconsistent that confidence was with every other interaction she'd ever had with him. And even with this one, really. He was adorable specifically because he really wasn't all that smooth at all. But, then, maybe his bumbling innocence was a type of charming. Still, it was quite the relief when he said he liked concerts and the like.
                                                          "No, that's perfect!" she told him. "I mean, movies are kind of blase, but concerts are my thing, in case you couldn't guess. I bet I could snoop around and find us a show to go to, easy. Might just be a small gig at a pub or dance club at this kind of short notice, but still." She paused, biting her lip and giggling at a sudden thought. "That is, assuming you dance," she added. Cici tried to picture Aus dancing, and found she couldn't. But, maybe he'd surprise her.

spaceSaturday night would be an easy night to find some show to go to. The real question was, where to eat now? She considered for a moment.
                                                          "Uh, well, I'm pretty ripe, so no where niceish. There's a pub around the corner that's pretty chill? Good fish and chips. They've got bread pudding on the dessert menu, too, and it's to die for." Honestly, that pudding was going to make her fat. She sometimes popped into the joint just for one of those. And a whiskey, but it was a pub, after all. "Or, there's a family-run Indian joint down a couple blocks. Spiciest food I've ever had, it's the best." Dammit, she shouldn't have mentioned that. Now she was craving curry. Maybe she'd get lucky and he liked spicy food... though few people she met actually did. They might think they did, but once you stuck an actually spicy dish in front of them, they threw in the towel. He'd already said he liked concerts, him liking spicy food too would probably be too much. She might have to actually marry the guy then.

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Jade Galaksylph

Wizarding Wireless Network (Musicians, Theatre, etc...)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games