Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
So I'm rewatching Game of Thrones, NSTGers, and... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:39 pm
If you've ever read, "The Shining", you might remember the line, "This inhuman place creates inhuman monsters."? All of them, Even Cirsei, Even Joffrey, are all formed, good or ill, by the rigors of the game for power that is being played out and the situations that stem from that strife. So, I think all of them are tragic figures and all of them fall victim in one way or another to "The Game". For some it starts as early as infancy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:54 am
I pretty much agree with the original list, too.
For me Margaery Tyrell would be a tragic one.
And.... I know ppl will hate me for it but Tommon Baratheon on the "deserved it" list.  

aka4ever23

Greedy Fatcat

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:57 pm
    This is actually a great analysis! I do think that our circumstances play a huge part in who we become, and especially for morally ambiguous characters with tragic pasts -- Jaime, Theon, and Arya come to mind most immediately -- one has to wonder what could have been.

NorRainForest
    If you've ever read, "The Shining", you might remember the line, "This inhuman place creates inhuman monsters."? All of them, Even Cirsei, Even Joffrey, are all formed, good or ill, by the rigors of the game for power that is being played out and the situations that stem from that strife. So, I think all of them are tragic figures and all of them fall victim in one way or another to "The Game". For some it starts as early as infancy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:00 pm
    Tommen was certainly foolish, but he was a child, and I usually give children the benefit of the doubt, especially when it's clear that their intentions are pure. I don't think that he had a chance to survive -- he was too young and soft.

aka4ever23
    I pretty much agree with the original list, too.
    For me Margaery Tyrell would be a tragic one.
    And.... I know ppl will hate me for it but Tommon Baratheon on the "deserved it" list.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

aka4ever23

Greedy Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:52 pm
Ebania
    Tommen was certainly foolish, but he was a child, and I usually give children the benefit of the doubt, especially when it's clear that their intentions are pure. I don't think that he had a chance to survive -- he was too young and soft.

sigh i know. logically i'm like.. he's just a kid. He's just trying to follow the authority in his life. That's normally a good thing. And TBH I missed the part of the show when that church took over Tommen's reign. But that part where he ended up making it to where Margaery HAD to sleep with him by order of that creepy bald guy... Well, I strongly dislike him for that.
    Trust me, the logical part of my brain is yelling at me, he made a mistake it's not like he understands everything that is happening right now.
    I'm gonna have to rewatch the whole show to really see what happened though. You are right. He was too nice for that world.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:26 pm
lol I didn't quite get into the series after watching the first season. I still want to know what happens next though, so eventually I'll watch the rest of the series.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas