Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
abandoned newbie wanting to join a campaign

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galaxy4314

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:43 pm
Yo, i'm a semi-new player, i have played three total campaigns (about 16-ish sessions total), all of which disbanded (or i had to leave) for some reason or another (moving, DM was taking school finals, etc) i have several characters in my head, but which my previous DM's kept the sheets for. i am open to any kind of campaign, but i would need help putting together a sheet (again), and i would need the DM and co-players to be patient with me.

the two characters ive played with and grown attatched to are as follows:

a CG rogue, (Dm allowed Khajit-like creatures) Golden Tiger named Jacob. i recycled him as a fursona, but i've been wanting to use him in another campaign

a 'made' creature, tall and lanky, with a protruded cat-like face, i noted she kinda looked like the little dudes in Journey (entire body was covered save for eyes and arms, we were playing dark sun) she had some difficulty speaking common, and had been alive for about a year total (before campaign time) i didn't get to know much else about Jas'Khara before the campaign disbanded. which i actually cried, because it was my longest running campaign.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:09 pm
Galaxy4314
Yo, i'm a semi-new player, i have played three total campaigns (about 16-ish sessions total), all of which disbanded (or i had to leave) for some reason or another (moving, DM was taking school finals, etc) i have several characters in my head, but which my previous DM's kept the sheets for. i am open to any kind of campaign, but i would need help putting together a sheet (again), and i would need the DM and co-players to be patient with me.

a CG rogue, (Dm allowed Khajit-like creatures) Golden Tiger named Jacob. i recycled him as a fursona, but i've been wanting to use him in another campaign

a 'made' creature, tall and lanky, with a protruded cat-like face, i noted she kinda looked like the little dudes in Journey (entire body was covered save for eyes and arms, we were playing dark sun) she had some difficulty speaking common, and had been alive for about a year total (before campaign time) i didn't get to know much else about Jas'Khara before the campaign disbanded. which i actually cried, because it was my longest running campaign.

And if all gm's reject your fursona?

Let alone what edition are these fursona's for?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:32 pm
He wants to be a Tabaxi.
Or whatever the animal guys in 4e were Hengyokai or whatever  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:25 am
Mongooseh
Galaxy4314

And if all gm's reject your fursona?

Let alone what edition are these fursona's for?
broh, i have no heckin clue what edition the DM was using, all i know was that i'm pretty sure it was based off of skyrim, because a co-player was a dragonborn.

and if they reject my character, they reject my character. *shrugs* i don't know why you're so concerned about it, but thanks for worrying about me  

Galaxy4314

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 am
sweatdrop Dragonborn isn't the same in d&d as it is in Skyrim. In 4th and 5th editions, they look like strong reptile humanoids. I can't remember, if they were in pathfinder nor 3rd and earlier. (I am not saying the dm's world wasn't Skyrim. I know a 4e bard or Invoker can pull off the shouting part. Just that DB's are different in the two.)

Edit: Dragonborn D&D style.
User Image

The problem is 4e, save from pirate downloading the PHB, would be a nightmare to create a character in. It's legal stuff doesn't allow a third party SRD(like 5e's here).

So, I will ask did you have to figure out your character's bonds, traits, flaws, personality traits? Did your ability scores(strength, dexterity, Intelligence etc) have saving throw modifiers? Or did you hear Advantage and Disadvantage a lot(allowing you to roll a die twice taking the highest or lowest die depending on the aforementioned word used)?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games