Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Flourish and Blotts ~ Open ~ Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:32 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

third year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch watergirl

Weslyn nodded. Yes, of course Kenny would be in Art. Then she hesitated and did a double take-- she hadn’t seen any obvious paint on him when they left! She was relieved to find a spot on his cheek. Good. The world made sense again. Normally Wes would have offered a corner of her dress to wipe it away, but right now that was a very important blob of paint that ensured Kenny would be in Art with her next year.

She considered Yukon’s advice carefully. Three or four classes, but self-study the rest...I never thought to self-study...can I handle studying by myself? She considered what she might self-study, giving up the book when Yukon claimed it. ”Maybe if there were fewer clubs there would be less to do?” she murmured, moving towards the titles Yukon pointed out. But which club could she bear to leave?

Working with Annie the last two years in the Daily Dragon and sometimes Art club had her doodling more, but Weslyn still only drew water creatures with any sense of proficiency. Or, water plants. She could draw seaweed and octopi pretty well, okay? Still, she liked the relaxed atmosphere of the Art club more--but that was selfish. Even if most of her ideas had to be redrawn before publication, Wes was happy to help behind the scenes or help write and always felt a little giddy when they decided to use something she was involved in making. Herbology was and Cooking had turned out to be sone of her favorite clubs--she knew the members a little better now and even dared call some of the older ones her friends. Plus maybe later this summer she could actually make dinner by herself! She’d love to let Mum relax at least for a little. And she was happy to be a last-resort backup in Quidditch-- she hardly had to play, and had spent the better part of last year knitting custom towels for her Quidditch teammates.

She plucked out a short text on the Statute of Secrecy that looked like a simple enough read, and her hand was ghosting over a book about potions when she crouched down to the bottom shelf and pulled out an art book next to a few cursebreaking texts. She thumbed through the pages--there was a breadth of mediums on display, and each page seemed to be animated with a special kind of life and movement.

”Hey, Kenny, look!” She piped excitedly, shifting the book. What had caught her eye was a large painting that spanned both two pages: The details of the undersea reef-scape would were beautiful, but Weslyn was excited to show her brother primarily because of the magical animation on the page: the gentle swaying of an anemone, the aimless weaving of fish, the gentle shift of colors as the light shifted from light to dark to light again in an endless repeat. She glanced over, hoping the differences were enough for Kenny to tell--it was the kind of thing she imagined he would like, with vibrant colors and shifting tones and not just lines. ”The bright orange colors are a coral reef," she said briefly, thinking of what else might be interesting about reefs. She wished she could remember more, but it had been years since she’d touched a piece of coral at a museum. "They’re...hard, and cool to the touch, like really bumpy stones or bones.” .

setting Diagon Alley, Early summer 2050. || with Yukon and Kenny
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing light skirt
status Books and electives and art!

Kungfudemoness

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home
✿❀
~"Home" by Phillip Phillips, cover by Peter Hollens. .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So your confidence is quiet
                                                                          To them quiet looks like weakness
                                                                          But you don't have to fight it
                                                                          'Cause you're strong enough to win without a war

Kenny smirked at his siblings. Wes was trying to take many classes which sounded fun till the thought of homework popped up. Yukon had some good advice. He was having his test year so Yukon understood how much work was coming for them. Next was Yukon asking other than art what classes he was thinking. "Well Muggle studies cause it would be fun to get an O for using a toaster, but otherwise I wanted Wandless magic cause I lose my wand right in front of me and it would be a good skill to have. Mythology sounds fun so that too but haven't decided if I want any others that's 4 classes anyways" Kenny said thoughtfully. Wes's voice came from deeper in the shop and Kenny went over to her she had found an art book. Kenny liked the moving pictures. it was easier to imagine what the looked like to everyone else. he still had to get close to the book but it wasn't like he could see if he got a weird look for it, not that he cared. Wes seemed excited too. He would totally have to pair it for her later. "We got some extra money we can prob get it!" Kenny said before looking to locate Yukon as he was the keeper of the money.

If you look past this moment
                                                                                                You'll see you've got a friend
                                                                                                Waving a flag for who you are
                                                                                                And all you're gonna do

Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                                                                                addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:53 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year

▬▬"A potato a day keeps the doctor away"▬▬

Yukon chuckled, if there were fewer clubs? If someone wasn't so eager to join everything they suggested. Then, Wes started being excited over other books and showing them to Kenny, trying to explain what a coral reef looked like. They should go to the ocean someday soon, Kenny would see all sorts of colors there, he would probably enjoy it, and then paint everything he could remember from it.

Kenny said which classes he had been considering, Yukon laughed, "That's why I took muggle studies, plus it's kinda fun to watch all the purebloods with no muggle experience struggle. Those other electives sound like a good spread of choices though, it'll get you some experience in several different areas, won't get you too locked out of many careers." Of course, they were too excited over the book to care about the elective conversation anymore. Yukon chuckled and took the book from Wes, "Yeah, we can get it, as long as you both also get books for your studies for next year, any subject you're interested in." that was a fair compromise right? Yukon waited to see which books they would get next. It was great having these two around, they were always so kind to each other and supportive, that was the kind of relationships he loved to see.

▬▬"If you throw it hard enough."▬▬

Where & Who: Yukon & Siblings in Diagon
Thinking about: I'm getting old
Wearing: brown pants - white shirt.

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:02 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

third year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch watergirl

Weslyn listened to her brothers’ reasons for taking Muggle Studies. If Muggle Studies was just learning to use a toaster that didn’t sound very useful. But an easy grade--who was she kidding, nothing was easy. She surrendered the art book, but brightened when Yukon said they could get it as long as they also got study books. That was fair. She went back to looking for elective books. "Yukon, was this the book you had for--"

“Hey! A boy that looked no more than five or six crashed into Kenny while running down the aisle. He made a face like he was going to pout but just fixed the tiny glasses on his face. ”Sorry, my bad. I just got glassies. They’re called speak-take-alls,” the boy informed, finishing with a quite-proud smile. ”Do any of you know where the space books are? This bookshop is weird.”

Before they could really talk though, or before the boy could throw another word he couldn’t quite pronounce at them, an impatient voice found them.

”Angier, hurry up, we’re going.”

At the voice, Weslyn spun around. The woman at the end of the aisle made her look away again, as quickly as she could. Her back stiffened straight and her fingers dug into thebook she had been browsing. She hadn’t heard that voice for...years now. She hadn’t even been sure she’d remember it. But the glance--the briefest glance had been familiar--maybe? Maybe she'd got it wrong. Wes hoped she got it wrong. Please let it just be a coincidence. It’s not her. It’s not her. Even if it was, she isn’t your mother anymore!

“Ma, can we--”

”Next time, okay?”. The woman tucked her purchase into her bag and took the little boy by the hand, eager to leave when she glanced at the three Knolle kids. ”Please excuse u...s--Alice?”

setting Diagon Alley, Early summer 2050. || with Yukon and Kenny
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing light skirt
status This isn't happening!

Kungfudemoness

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home
✿❀
~"Home" by Phillip Phillips, cover by Peter Hollens. .

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:22 am

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

fourth year || Gryffindor || halfblood
Art Club mapmaker || Cooking Club snacker || Quidditch chaser
irregular attendee of any club events

Usually, Aire and Harmony were not to be trusted buying their own schoolbooks. But when the adults got a last-minute response for to meet the funder of a possible multi-year grant, the kids were given a chance to redeem themselves.

Partially. The adults were right there at the Golden Lotus, and technically Miles held all the money. He was supposed to watch them, but they had gotten him distracted browsing the latest Quidditch texts. The girls had already snuck off to Sugarplum’s Sweets to stock up on a bag for the summer. Now, they were sitting in a corner of Flourish and Blotts with books stacked high around them --both of their core texts, plus all of Aire’s electives--as they decided on Harmony’s electives.

”So you’re definitely taking Flying again, because it’s like extra, essential Quidditch practice. Plus core classes.” Aire started sorting through her elective texts and offering comments on each class. ”Wandless--good subject. Professor Lovette’s got a flair for the dramatic. I usually don’t fall asleep. I figure it's useful, with how much mamon and ami use it in their work.” She shrugged. She didn’t seem to be any good in Wandless, but maybe Harmony would be better.

”Muggle Studies-- great class. No idea what it’s about. I think we just talk about non-magical things. I spent the whole class drawing ship models on giant pages and posted them up next to the car models in April. Professor never took it down.

“Law-- fantastic class. Bring a pillow and blanket. The classroom is the perfect temperature for napping. Mythology--even better, you don’t even need to bring your own pillow.”
she paused thoughtfully, and as she continued she remembered more fun memories from the class. ”Actually I don’t get much sleep during Mythology? It’s kinda fun. We spent a whole unit on Beetle the Bard-- who he was, the context of when he wrote, his style of telling myths. Professor Harlowe is a really good storyteller already, but there’s always creative retellings and different versions, and it’s like...oh, you know the one-actor monologues at that Drama Club show last year? Like that, but every week. And then discussion is kinda like how we swap stories and poems at home: share, response, analysis, all that. Good time.”

Aire grinned, unaware they had an audience. "What else?”

setting corner of Flourish and Blotts, end of June 2052 || with Harmony + mysterious audience
appearance 5'1", lithe || wearing light cardigan and shorts
status Picking electives

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Some say our dreams are a distant road
Down which our hearts would like to go
But I have always stayed in place
Under that old illusion that it's safe
You said, "The ship in port is the safer one,
but it's not the reason it was made."
So forgive me if I wander off
And forgive me more if I just stay
☁✶
~"The Ship in Port" by Radical Face.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                  тнe ĸιng, нe laυgнed and ѕaιd, “dear gιrl, ι’ll тell yoυ wнaт we need!"
                                                  мen oғ valor wнo wιll ғιgнт тнe dragon тo тнe deaтн
                                                  warrιorѕ тo go eхтιngυιѕн ғιerce and ғιery вreaтн
                                                  ѕelғleѕѕ ĸnιgнтѕ тo ғιgнт тнe вaттle, мan agaιnѕт мacнιne
                                                  нeroeѕ wнo wιll gιve тнeιr lιveѕ ғor ĸιng and qυeen!

spaceTechnically, Austen did not need to shop for books. Firstly, his mum worked for one of the biggest publishers in the UK, and he could get his books from her. Plus, to be honest, there were already copies, sometimes multiple copies, of all the required school texts at his house. Enough of them had gone to Hogwarts, after all, and magical educational texts did not generally change editions with the same frequency of muggle ones. It was, really, a waste of money to go book shopping.

spaceHowever.

spaceHowever, Austen liked to have two copies of his books, one clean, and one for annotating. It helped him with note-taking, if he could take the notes right there in the margins. This was, to some people he knew, utter blasphemy. But Austen didn't see the point of a book meant to help you learn, if you did not use it in the way that helped you learn best. Plus, sometimes professors had helpful corrections or alterations, and he'd like that information in the textbook itself, not on a page of notes he may or may not remember to check later on. So, he tended to spend at least a small portion of his allowance on duplicates of his books, so that he could brandish the new-and-mint-condition copy if someone were to voice their displeasure over the markings littering the margins of the older ones.

spaceBesides that, he liked books, and he liked shopping for books. It was, in fact, his favorite thing to do, aside from actually reading them.

spaceHe expected to see some of his classmates doing their own back-to-school shopping. What he did not expect, however, was to spot Aire with what was, to his mind, an absolutely absurd amount of books for someone who wasn't exactly big on reading. Unless she had undergone a dramatic personality shift, of course. She wasn't alone, so perhaps the mountain of books was for the other girl?

spaceHe hesitated, because while he knew Aire (sort of) and liked Aire (as much as you could like someone you only sort-of knew), he wasn't sure they qualified as "friends," exactly. Still, he was sort of curious, because surely all of those couldn't be for lessons? Austen debated for another moment, then shook himself. There was no harm in saying hi, at least. He stepped into the girls' line of sight, waving.
                                                  "Are you building a fort back here, Aire?" he half-joked, feeling like an idiot, but somehow still less so than he would've if he'd just awkwardly said 'Hi'. Still, that didn't stop him from blushing.

and ѕo ѕнe тraveled тo тнe ғιeldѕ and ѕнe called тнe dragon near
                                                  aѕ ιт ғlew on down, ιт coυld нear a ѕoυnd qυιтe ғaмιlιar тo ιтѕ earѕ
                                                  тнe тιcĸιng oғ нer clocĸworĸ нearт ѕoυnded ѕo мυcн lιĸe ιтѕ own
                                                  and тнe calмιng тιcĸ нad reмιnded ιт oғ ιтѕ мaĸer way вacĸ нoмe
                                                  we need valerιe тo тaмe тнe dragon ғor υѕ all
                                                  wнo’d нave ever тнoυgнт oυr нero woυld нave вeen ѕo ѕмall?

wнere - F&B
                                                  wнen - Summer 2052
                                                  wιтн - Aire, Harmony
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:41 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Third year Gryffindor
Quidditch Reserve User Image Adventurer's Club Newbie

▬▬"We need, in every community, a group of angelic troublemakers."▬▬

Harmoy and Aire had lost their adult tail - otherwise known as Miles. Of couse he would probably be able to find them, they weren't exactly hiding, and really they couldn't be in trouble, Aire was talking about classes she was in, for once that Harmony could take. "Okay yes, Quiditch is a must. Wandless sounds cool. Oooo Aire! Imagine all of the cool things we could do without our wands present, the crew wouldn't know what hit them." She pulled off one of Aire's elective books. Law. She laughed with Aire's description, the poor book probably never got opened. Mythology sounded promising, it didn't put Aire asleep at least.

Harmony saw someone approach as Aire asked what else. Harmony glared up, and saw someone that looked close to their age. He looked very familiar, but she couldn't quite place him, maybe he was on another quidditch team? Maybe she had just passed him in the halls enough? No... not quite. That's it, someone that looked that familiar but she didn't actually know was defiantly someone you shouldn't trust. Harmony slowly pulled the next book off the stack, Care of Magical Creatures. She opened the pages, and immediately closed it, nope she was not going to do anything that dealt with creatures. The boy asked if they were building a fort, and had addressed Aire directly. Harmony's head snapped to Aire and Harmony gave a "Who is this and what trouble did you get into with him?" kind of look. That was the only way that someone would have actually remembered Aire's name, but not have met Harmony yet.

Harmony began to undo the connections to her prosthetic leg, preparing to launch it at the boy if she needed to scare him away or anything. "Yes outsider, we are building a fort of knowledge here. Making decisions that will affect the rest of our lives, or at least the rest of mine. Including and not limited to the one about needing to force you out of our fort or not." She held her half leg at the ready, hoping she wouldn't need to run out of the shop now, if she used her leg to throw at the boy, she wouldn't be able to escape...maybe Aire would be able to run and get help before the guy retaliated over the leg.

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

Where: Book Store!
With Whom: Aire, New boy.
Thinking about: How does she take so many naps? Who is this guy?
Wearing: Black shorts that show off her fancy leg floral shirt in image

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Flourish and Blotts
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Austen, Aire, Harmony
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? I'm not sure yet
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This oughta be interesting

Maya and Austen had been released upon the alley, given that pretty much every shop had someone they were related to (though Maya no longer needed looking after, since she was legally an adult now). She started her morning getting the boring stuff for school. Her mom had done an inventory on books they had at the house, leaving a shortened list for her daughter to shop for. That meant Maya was going to have to go into the bookstore. Gross. It always smelled musty in there.

Sighing in annoyance, Maya pushed open the door and headed to the section where her elective books would be kept. She vaguely overheard snippets of conversation about classes and falling asleep. Sounded about right for Hogwarts. It was then that she caught a glimpse of her brother -ugh- carrying about. He went to join in the conversation with the others.... so naturally, Maya decided to spy. Looking around the corner, violet eyes spied Austen, along with Aire and Harmony from Gryffindor.

Harmony, it seemed, did not like Austen at all (a fact which made Maya grin a bit) and she was pretty immediately snappy. It also looked like she was preparing to hit Austen with her prosthetic. Maya decided to step in then, if only to prevent getting grounded for not helping Austen when he got the snot beat out of him. "A fort of knowledge, eh? Any of those books about quidditch? Or... fighting without using a weapon? Not that I wouldn't like watching someone get beat up with a leg, mind you." She donned a casual grin, one she'd managed to mimic from her father's expression. She tucked her hands in the pockets of her shorts and leaned against one of the heavy shelves.

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ᴀ ᴡʜɪsᴋᴇʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ I sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡʜᴀᴅᴅᴀʏᴀ sᴀʏ?
          I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴠɪᴇᴡs
          Iᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ sɪɢʜᴛs ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪᴠᴇʀs,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ. Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴏʜ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:05 pm

User Image✶☁

Aire did a trouble take and nearly jumped when Austen Masters stepped into her line of sight. It was hardly unusual for him to be here, but she hadn’t expected to actually run into him. Had she been talking too loud? Was he going to judge her for sleeping in class? Did he think they were weird for sitting here half-buried in a pile of books? ...Was he jealous she had more books than he did right now? Hehehe

”Hi! No! I mean, kinda?” Forts were allowed, right? She didn’t see a no-forts sign anywhere in the store. "Yes, fort."

Harmony gave her a look that clearly indicated she knew Aire had gotten in trouble with him and Aire was thinking about how to explain the conversation during the sorting feast, or classes, or her failed attempt to include Austen in her perfect crime of organizing each card deck in divination in the exact same order and orientation. Would Harmony be mad Aire hadn’t told her someone had found out about their Potions Storeroom pranks? That Aire had told him about it? She had honestly just forgotten? Or maybe she had a reason to forget and forgot about that?

Thankfully, Harmony had a much calmer head on her shoulders, explaining their fort of knowledge--Aire nodded emphatically in agreement--and even greeted him appropriately--no wait she was threatening him with eviction from the fort! With her leg!

”Wait-wait!” Aire jumped onto her knees, holding one hand out for Harmony to pause her attack. ”Not an outsider. Or kinda-but-not-really! He’s a friend--This is Austen!” Right, that would completely help, especially because Aire made a point never to mention who the people she occasionally walked to class with were, instead of climbing or something. She knew he had some issue with being identified as James Masters’s son and didn’t want to be the one to introduce him like that, but how else might Harmony know him? Wait, was it okay if she called Austen her friend? Were they friends? ”I mean classmate! I mean--he foundoutaboutthePotionsStoreroomanddidn’ttell!He’scoolit’sokay! Really!” she said in one breath, hoping some part of that make sense. ”Maya! Thank Lir!” Maya was here! Maya could introduce them!

….Or she could encourage death by leg! Aire had half a mind to interject again, but the only sound her brain was making was the groaning, screeching sound when the ship pulled too close to something. Wait, this was Maya AND Austen-- Together! What if they found out she talked to both of them? Was that okay? Obviously it was okay to talk to Maya while they played Quidditch, and Aire dared think of Maya as a friend--or the closest thing she had to a friend that wasn’t also crew. What if people found out she talked to Austen? She didn’t have an excuse for that! Besides, you know...he was in her classes and she liked hearing him talk. Wait, that wasn’t a reason. Or if it was, it was a creepy reason!

setting corner of Flourish and Blotts, end of June 2052 || with Harmony, Austen, and Maya
status Someone is going to die here and it should probably be me

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

☁✶

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:05 pm
User ImageUser Image

spaceNormally, Austen would have had some sort of sarcastic response to the vehemence with which Aire's companion came at him. He'd asked a simple question, in what he'd thought was a reasonably friendly (if teasing) tone of voice. And Aire had not seemed offended, so he didn't quite get why her friend was kind of freaking out on him. He was, however, not going to say anything about it, snarky or otherwise, because the bloody girl had taken off her own bloody leg and was threatening him with it.

spaceInstead, he squeaked, and held his hands up in the universal "I am not a threat" gesture, which he did not think was particularly going to help him, but he was at something of a loss. He was not prepared for this! Who could possibly be prepared for this?

spaceHe was, at least somewhat, mollified by Aire's attempt to diffuse the situation. She didn't seem bothered by his intrusion, at the very least. Although, he couldn't help the little frown that appeared when she called him a friend, and then immediately recanted and changed it to 'classmate.'. That sort of hurt. Was he really that embarrassing of a person to know, that not only did she not want people to know they were friends (at the very least, she must've been thinking it, for it to've slipped out like that), but even correcting to 'classmate' didn't fix the blunder? He knew he wasn't, like, cool or anything, but c'mon.

spaceTo make matters worse, his sister appeared, and before he could even consider trying to convince her to be a proper older sibling and, you know, defend him or something, she was making her stance on the matter quite clear. He glared at her.
                                                  "Aren't older siblings supposed to be mean to their younger sibling but not let anyone else be mean to them!?" he half-shouted at her, tone a little reedy with his desperation. And with puberty, but he was going to choose to ignore that. "Back me up, here!" It was a futile request, he knew, but he tried it anyway. Aire was a Gryffindor, and played Quidditch (and he may or may not have gone to watch her play, but no one was ever going to know that but her, because he'd sworn her to secrecy). She knew Maya, and now that he looked he was pretty sure the other girl was also a Gryffindor, so surely she would listen to his sister. Except that didn't do him much good, if his sister continued to encourage her crazy threatening-him-with-a-leg behavior.

wнere - F&B
                                                  wнen - Summer 2052
                                                  wιтн - Aire, Harmony
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Third year Gryffindor

Harmony grinned when she saw Maya Masters, her role model for all things quidditch. "Maya our hero! Yes, the bottom half of that stack there is quidditch, I'm sure Mr. Miles has more wherever he is. I think a few are wandless books to fight without a weapon, but why do that when you can just his thugs with legs." She waved her fancy leg around in the air, still ready to pommel the boy should he not be threatened by Maya Masters, who was a very important and wise person, so he should be afraid of her.

Of course, Aire started to mumble and not have clear word pronunciation, what was wrong with her? Harmony glanced up at the boy, who seemed more worried at her holding a leg than at being caught doing underage magic. "So this Austen, he's your classmate? How well do you know this classmate? Can you confirm he didn't cast a curse on you - then the rest of Aire's sentence caught on. Harmony quietly shrieked "What do you mean someone found out about the potion sotre room! I thought no one had found out! WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME AIRE. Are you hiding things from me?" Oh no, what if Aire stopped trusting Harmony, what if Aire started keeping all the secrets from her cousin, and Harmony was just left alone in the dark without her best friend?

She took her leg and prepared it to throw, clearly this guy was not good for being near Aire, but then he mentioned siblings? Well he certainly wasn't Aire's sibling. She glanced at Maya, "This Austen mentioned siblings. Maya do you claim any knowledge of this guy, or is he an imposter? I'm thoroughly ready to pummel if he's an imposter who's just been using the leverage of finding out about our prank to make Aire do horrible things for him." Yeah. blackmail, that had to be why Aire had never introduced her to the boy or never mentioned Austen.

▬▬"That's me, the angelic one. The Angelic Troublemakers, has a nice ring to it."▬▬

Thinking about: He's still kinda sketch

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Flourish and Blotts
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Austen, Aire, Harmony
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? I'm not sure yet
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? This oughta be interesting

Maya grinned when both Aire and Harmony seemed glad she was there. Harmony even noted that they had a bunch of quidditch books. Good deal. They'd make pro-teams yet. The conversation then turned back on Austen, and Maya had to wonder if "classmate" wasn't code for crush. Ugh. Austen with a crush would probably be worse than regular Austen. Apparently they did something with the potions storeroom, but Maya wasn't sure she wanted to know.

It was then that Harmony asked who Austen was, then threatened to beat him up. Austen asked for assistance in his Austen sort of way, and Maya had a humorous idea. "I have no idea who this kid is. Is he bothering you?" She tried her best not to laugh, but only a moment later she broke down to titters. She'd stop it before any actual violence happened, and if Harmony was faster than she was, Maya knew healing well enough. As long as he didn't find a parent before her, she'd be fine. And if he did make a run... well.... she could do magic outside of school.

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Stefan Lee Salvatore

I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛᴡᴏ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ᴀ ᴡʜɪsᴋᴇʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ I sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʟɪᴋᴇ sᴏᴍᴇ sᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀɴʏ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʟᴇᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ, ᴡʜᴀᴅᴅᴀʏᴀ sᴀʏ?
          I'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴡᴀʏ 'ʀᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴠɪᴇᴡs
          Iᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴏᴜɴᴛᴀɪɴs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ ʀɪᴠᴇʀs, ɪᴛ's ɢᴏᴛ sɪɢʜᴛs ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪᴠᴇʀs,
          Bᴜᴛ ɪᴛ sᴜʀᴇ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛɪᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ. Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ᴍʏ ʜᴀɪʀ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ, ᴏʜ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ᴍɪss ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ɢᴏɴᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:06 am

User Image✶☁

Aire’s attempt to convince Harmony everything was fine had backfired spectacularly, and she was again scrambling to deny, watching carefully in case Harmony thought it prudent to proceed with throwing. “Nonono! He’s um, like one of the smartest kids in class? We just talk sometimes about books or poems or...the weather.” She glanced at Austen worriedly, wondering what she should say. Just as she never dared to do something so brazen as talk to him in class in front of everyone--besides, he had his own friends, and Aire had her preferred spots nestled in the back corners--she was worried she was somehow breaking some kind of social rule or order. not cursed, more like char--I mean I’m sorry that was a joke!”

Harmony changed subjects with a whisper-yell. ”Sorry! I...forgot probably?” Aire stammered out. She shook her head fervently. No no, of course she wasn’t hiding anything! (If she was, it was probably just because she forgot, right?) Oh dear, what if Harmony didn’t trust her after this? Harmony didn’t trust people already as it was, and Aire really should have said something when she told people about their master scheme. This wasn’t supposed to happen.

”It’s not blackmail either! Promise! It was during the Sorting Feast, and then we got distracted talking and it was actually really nice but I think I probably said something stupid but then he said hi in the hallway and so now we say hi and I showed him the divination card prank and really it’s okay and he doesn’t tell me to do horrible things--well he did say to not try doing a flip off the Astronomy stairs once but I did it anyways lol-- but that’s it I think!!” Aire’s voice was already airy in general, and the high pitch and rapid speech from nervousness had her sounding like a mouse on caffeine. Aire blushed furiously; she was being so awkward and weird and probably creepy somehow! In a meek, quiet voice, she added: ”Yeah, so not blackmail. It’s totally fine, really...”

Any hope that Maya was going to back her up and smooth things over was promptly vanished-- ”Maya!”--but moments later, Maya was laughing and after a moment more of confused panic, Aire couldn’t help but smile. So… this was just Maya’s version of a prank! She giggled a little too, settling back down as the tension drained. Hey if no one was getting beat over the head with a leg, then all was fine, right? She took a deep breath before speaking up again quietly: “Harmony, this is Austen from Ravenclaw in my year. Austen, this is my cousin Harmony, also in Gryffindor, but the year after us. We're...partners in crime! And we all know Maya. Because Quidditch. And uh Gryffindor. So. Yeah. No blackmail. Or curses. Sorry?”

Alright. Now she was about ready to bury herself somewhere deep within the Fort of Knowledge and not come out again.

setting corner of Flourish and Blotts, end of June 2052 || with Harmony, Austen, and Maya
status Someone is probably still going to die here and it should probably still be me

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

☁✶

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 am
User ImageUser Image

spaceAusten had been trying to tell himself that he was overreacting to Aire's backtracking on the whole 'friend' thing, but her not being able to come up with much more than 'we talk about books sometimes' and 'we say hi sometimes' was pretty harsh. Okay, so she was pretty much definitely embarrassed about him. That was... that was fine. Really.

spaceOf course, maybe his horrified reaction (an audible choking sound) to her saying she'd gone and flipped off the bloody Astronomy Tower?! was a pretty good reason to be embarrassed about being his friend. Since apparently, that was the sort of thing her other friends encouraged. Why did she even want to be friends with him, then? He'd assume it was because of his dad, but she'd pretty much proven that had nothing to do with it, so... what gives? His eyes narrowed slightly; she had tried to get him in on the Divination prank. Was this some sort of... weird teen movie "try to corrupt the nerd kid" thing? Not a bet, probably, since who would she be betting with? Except maybe Maya, he guessed, since they all knew each other from bloody Quidditch, and wow, that was actually a not-totally-implausible theory, and he really, really hated it.

spacePredictably, Maya was less than zero help; she actually probably made the situation worse, and had just guaranteed his untimely death. He hoped that, when the authorities questioned everybody, Aire told them everything, and specifically that Maya had egged the other girl on, so that his parents found out and, like, locked her in a dungeon for the rest of her life, or something. Not that they would, because Maya was spoiled bloody rotten and that's why she was such a pain in his arse to begin with. His muttered,
                                                  "Et tu, Brute?" was barely even audible over her snickering, which he found even more offensive than her throwing him to the wolves (wolf?) in the first place.

spaceHe had more or less determined that he was a, not wanted, and b, not likely to survive this encounter if he overstayed his welcome anymore than he had already. Which he'd done by speaking in the first place, apparently. Flushed crimson, he ducked his head, shoving his hands in his pockets.
                                                  "Alright, I'm, I'm leaving. Before I actually get hit or something," he muttered. "Uh, it was, um. Nice to see you, Aire." As he spoke, his volume gradually decreased, the words running together towards the end. Well, she'd barely even wanted to admit to knowing him, after all. He'd come back and do his shopping later, he guessed. At the moment, he didn't want to do much except go home. He'd settled for his mum's office, though, if she wasn't too busy.

wнere - F&B
                                                  wнen - Summer 2052
                                                  wιтн - Aire, Harmony
                                                  - ooc -
                                                  blah blah blah

addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:04 pm
User Image
Harmony Aindrias
Third year Gryffindor

Maya didn’t know who the guy was, Aire was still tripping over words, it was time to take action. Harmony looked at Aire and her long talks about how the kid was smart, well he obviously wasn’t so smart as to avoid being caught casting curses possessing people. Then, Aire tried to further explain who he was and why it was okay. A Ravenclaw in the same year as Aire? Harmony looked closely at him, well he did seem pretty young to be able to cast a curse while in public without the trace catching him… and Aire did just say Harmony was her cousin, so maybe Harmony wasn’t being replaced.

Of course, the look of betrayal in Austen’s eyes… and his muttered Shakespeare, okay maybe he wasn’t so bad. Harmony re-attached her leg and grabbed a book instead. “Well Mr. Austen of Ravenclaw, It’s been a pleasure to meet you, you were almost past the fortress of knowledge’s protective wall, and would be allowed the pleasure to sit here with dear Pirate Poopswabber. The only test remaining was to see how quick you think, and it’s harder for you to think fast if your back is turned.” With that she tossed the book at his head, it was only a book, surely he could block it… alternatively him being smacked in the face with the book would probably equally be as well, a nice reminder to not hurt Aire, especially hearing about all the things Aire had done with him, which was more than Harmony had heard before, so it was a lot.

Harmony grinned at Aire, “Now look Aire, I didn’t really hurt your boyfriend. That’s what I’m going to call him. Your boyfriend, if only because you’ll hate it and everyone on the ship will panic if I tell them that you have a boyfriend. Even if he’s only a friend boy.” She then looked at Maya back to the serious mode they had been in before being intruded by the strange Austen boy, “So Maya, any great exciting adventures for you this summer? Next school year? Life? Suggestions over electives? We accept any and all knowledge that comes from the bloodline of James Masters.” Why was elective picking so difficult? Why were bookstores so full of books that were way cooler than the ones for classes. And why did you meet weird people in bookstores? She hoped that Austen wouldn't run off, Aire did seem to like the guy... maybe IAre liked the guy too much, she better not start liking Austen more than she liked Harmony.

Thinking about: He's still kinda sketch

addaellis

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash