Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Flourish and Blotts ~ Open ~ Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:13 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Flourish and Blotts
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Ferdie, a guy
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Book-Looking
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How can I scare him....

Eion frowned when Ferdie effortlessly said he'd never seen their mom do the full-veela-spook thing. That was disappointing. As he was searching for more facts, Ferdie reminded him that they were, in fact, on a mission. Eion rolled his eyes, then had to gently correct the one that got stuck half-way through. Dangit. "I don't want to be on a mission. Because I'm not going. So I don't need these!" He grabbed the list he'd been sent in the mail, frowning at the book titles. He didn't want to learn History (since it was tedious at best in Primaries), Potions sounded hard, Herbology was probably just a bunch of plants that'd make him sneeze, and he didn't even know what Transfiguration was. All in all, the school sounded like it would be miserable. He hadn't liked spending six hours a day with the kids at his last school, but now they expected him to live with them all? What a load of butts.

Eion cradled the book on Veelas as he pouted, but he looked over when someone else said Ferdie's name. Eion peeked around the shelf to see a guy holding a bunch of books and smiling like a loon. The youngest boy stepped closer to his brother, hiding against his side for protection. Of all the things in the world Eion didn't like, meeting new people was one of the most prominent. The boy looked over with a small frown, studying the guy carefully. He seemed nice, but Eion knew a few people that seemed nice and turned out to be big jerk-faces. His fingers curled around the book tighter, the boy using it as almost a shield to protect from any possible danger.

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴀᴍᴀᴢɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴘʜʀᴀsᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴡᴇᴀᴘᴏɴ ᴏʀ ᴀ ᴅʀᴜɢ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴜᴛᴄᴀsᴛ ᴏʀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋʟᴀsʜ ᴏꜰ sᴏᴍᴇʙᴏᴅʏ's ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏꜰ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
          Oʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ sᴘᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ!
          Nᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʜᴜʀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ sᴇᴛᴛʟᴇ 'ɴᴇᴀᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴋɪɴ
          Kᴇᴘᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɴᴏ sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛ, sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴀ sʜᴀᴅᴏᴡ ᴡɪɴs
          Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ʟᴇᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ꜰᴀʟʟ ᴏᴜᴛ, ʜᴏɴᴇsᴛʟʏ I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇ ʙʀᴀᴠᴇ!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:44 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie smirked as Eion continued to search and insisted he still wasn't going. "Well if your not we're going to need these books to teach you at home. Either way we need the books" He said with a friendly but authoritative look. He knew as scary as it might be Eion would find his own place at Hogwarts. He knew of plenty introverts that had a swell time at Hogwarts. He heard his name called out by a familiar voice. “Hey August been a bit, huh!” Ferdie said happily greeting his friend. He felt it Eion as he practically glued himself to him. ”Oh! This is August a friend from school. He’s nice you can say hi if you want.” Ferdie said trying to be encouraging. He also didn't want to demand Eion be friendly if he really didn't want to. “How's the newspaper doing they keeping up the cookie tradition?” Ferdie said to deflect attention from Eion so His little brother could feel safer. Perhaps once he knew august was a friend he feel better!

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

Miss GryffindorK
                                                                      addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:19 am
User Image
AUGUST TANZIL MEYLIAN LI
fourth year || Slytherin || muggleborn
Daily Dragon writer || Language club || Quidditch Announcer

August shifted the books around and set them down to greet the young boy that seemed to suddenly disappear behind Ferdie. “Hullo. You must be Ferdie’s little brother?" August recalled Ferdie mentioning a shy little brother in his last letter and hazarded a guess: “Eion? Good to meet you.”

He was going to set his books down to shake Eion’s hand properly, but Ferdie almost immediately turned the conversation away again. He kept his confusion off his face, going along with whatever Ferdie was thinking. ”Yes, actually,” he replied, fondly remembering the Daily Dragon’s cookie tradition. ” Well, I think Felix asked the house elves and I’m pretty sure Lane is planning to ask his sister, but practically yes. Vespera’s kept up her traditional greeting poke as well and we have some interesting new blood.”

He continued for a few minutes, catching Ferdie up on the latest in the Dragon and Quidditch that hadn’t been previously covered in letters. August, of course, was more relaxed talking to Ferdie than most people-- had this been a deliberate step so that he wasn't, as everyone said, "too serious"?

”Are you a writer too?” he asked Eion, keeping his tone casual and conversational. If the boy seemed hesitant to respond, he could turn the conversation right back to Ferdie without any pressure. And if he did, well, Ferdie had hyped up this meeting for him!

setting Flourish and Blotts, late Summer 2046 || with Ferdie and Eion
wearing Short sleeve shirt and white pants+glasses || status Daily Dragon recollections

Kungfudemoness

User Image User ImageUser Image

As a child you would wait
And watch from far away
But you always knew that you'd
be the one to work while they all play.
In youth, you'd lay
Awake at night and scheme
Of all the things you would change
But it was just a dream

"Warriors" by Imagine Dragons, from League of Legends, cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:12 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Ferdie, August
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? How can I scare him....

Eion was conflicted for a moment when Ferdie told him they'd need the same books for teaching at home. Reluctantly, the boy looked over the list with a small sigh. As long as Ferdie understood he wasn't going, all would be well. And maybe Ferdie could use his charm to convince their parents... Maybe they'd make him go, but take him home if he got bullied? It seemed reasonable enough, though the boy wanted to avoid bullies forever. When Ferdie's friend showed up and Eion had hidden a bit, Eion watched them greet one another for a second before Ferdie told the younger boy that his friend was nice. Nervously, the darker haired boy issued a small wave, blushing a bit when the other boy called him by name. "Y-yea, I'm Eion. Good to... to meet you, I guess." He allowed himself to step slightly away from Ferdie's side, relaxing just a bit.

Eion was secretly glad when Ferdie changed the topic to their news team. Since he wasn't on said team, he didn't have to talk at all. He did, however, listen closely, because he liked learning about Ferdie. Though... he'd never admit that. Ever. After a few minutes, August turned back to the youngest boy, making Eion go a bit rigid. The question, however, disarmed the boy. He pondered for a second, then shook his head slowly. "No, I'm not. Not like Ferdie is. 'Cause he's... s'posed to write for work and all. I'm not good at it like he is." He nervously shuffled his feet, wondering if there were any way to impress the older boys. Unfortunately, he couldn't think of any skills he had to share...

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:32 am
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
                                                          ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
                                                          ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
                                                          ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
                                                          ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Ferdie was glad to hear the cookie tradition stuck around after he left. He did wonder if anyone managed to get that one typewriter to not stick so much. It also sounded like Ves still greeted with pokes. "That's good to hear so Felix picked Jonah then huh?" Ferdie asked rhetorically. August then acknowledged Eion who seemed to loosen up a bit. Eion mentioned he didn't think he was a writer and not as good as Ferdie was which broke his heart a bit. "I think you be a swell writer with practice. I wasn't the greatest when I started. The newspaper club helped me be a good writer" Ferdie replied to Eion. Writing or not he hoped Eion found a passion of his own.

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
                                                                      ‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
                                                                      ‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
                                                                      ‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

Miss GryffindorK
                                                                      addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:16 am

AUGUST LI xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♥♡ SPARROW WINCHESTER

fourth year | Slytherin | mugglebornxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9 years | Theatre student | pureblood

User ImageUser Image
Daily Dragon writer, Language club, Quidditch announcer
Alto, Aspiring Actress

setting Flourish and Blotts, late Summer 2046
with Ferdie and Eion Delacroix

”Precisely,” August agreed with Ferdie’s comment with an encouraging smile at Eion. He felt a warm feeling of nostalgia, and imagined that this might have been what Ferdie thought then he first welcomed August into the Daily Dragon. ”I was rubbish when I started. Still not great, but much better.Of course, I had Ferdie to mentor me,”

”Helllooooo~” a cheerful voice chirped in greeting, appearing next to August with a flounce of her skirt and interjecting herself into the conversation without actually cutting anyone off. Sparrow Winchester was a blur of pink, aside from brown hair braided into a circlet of pink flowers. Usually Sparrow might have waited impatiently to be introduced, but she was curious. August was smiling--which was nothing special really at surface level, since he always had a polite smile--but he seemed genuinely awestruck! Who were these idol-worthy person? Familiar friend! And vaguely unfamiliar friend!

”Ah, Sparrow, this is--”

”Ferdie Delacroix of course,” Sparrow said, actually interrupting him this time, with cheerful impatience. ”The Delacroixs come to Moo and Da’s parties, cuz. ‘Course I know them! It’s great to see you, Ferdie!” She greeted Ferdie with an enthusiastic handshake, literally bouncing.

Sparrow whirled on Eion with a wide grin. ”Hello! You must be Eion! It's a tragedy we didn’t get to talk before, but it’s lovely to meet you! What kind of books are you shopping for?" Eion, of course, was closer to her age, so a handshake would be entirely too formal. Sparrow opted for a hug in greeting, squeezing him with exuberance before letting him go.

Miss GryffindorK

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Ferdie, August, Sparrow
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Oh no....

Eion shuffled awkwardly when Ferdie began to tell him he'd be a swell writer with a bit of practice. He didn't think so, but then again, he didn't think he was very good at anything. Maybe he would join the newspaper club, if only to make Ferdie happy. The boy looked up at August when he added that he himself hadn't been good at the beginning, but he'd gotten better. Maybe Eion would find a skill with it too? Out of nowhere, Eion's ears perked up when a happy, high pitched voice chimed in. He looked over to see a younger girl, closer to his age fluff over. She was wearing a looooooot of pink too.

August went to introduce them, but she, Sparrow, cut him off. It seemed like she knew Ferdie, but then again, who didn't? Apparently she knew them from one of the boring parties Eme and Seweryna kept making him wear suits to. She gave Ferdie a wild handshake, and Eion cringed about the idea of her being all touchy-feely with him too. After a second, she turned on him, claiming tragedy they hadn't talked yet, even though it was secretly by design. Eion didn't like the stuffy old people and he REALLY didn't like talking. "I'm getting... school books. And also this one." He mumbled, more under his breath than out loud. He was expecting a weird handshake, but when she wrapped her arms around it, he panicked. His entire body went tense, eyes growing wide. He wasn't used to hugs, especially unexpected ones from people he didn't know. He whimpered slightly, looking over at Ferdie for help.

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:20 am
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi nodded when Callie asked for help. She figured that was the answer, but she didn't want to assume anything. She pulled a bag off her shoulder and gently placed the box of potion ingredients and scales inside. "Alright off to the next store." Steffi led the way out of the store and towards Flourish and Blotts. As Callie had pointed out, most of a first years supply list was books, so they might as well get those next. Thankfully, her bag had an undetectable extension charm on it, so they'd be able to fit everything inside it.

Steffi led Callie into the shop and smiled when she looked around. She loved books. It had been one of the few things that had given her an escape in her childhood, and books had allowed her to learn as much as she wanted.
                                                              "Alright," She said glancing around. "Hopefully they have a first year section as well to make this a little easier. Do you want to find a shop keeper, or just start looking for the books we need ourselves?"

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:03 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Calliope handed over the cauldron to Steffi, hoping she was able to store it as well since it was a bit cumbersome. After Steffi mentioned the next store, Callie waved goodbye to Lia as they headed out. "Thanks Lia! You were very good!" Her little sing-song voice chimed through the store as she wandered back to the street. Once back into the ever-darkening street, Callie took Steffi's hand. The last thing she wanted was to be taken away again... or made a meal for any vampires. It always rather made her ill.

Luckily the woman seemed to know where they were going and led them quickly into the bookstore. Once inside, Callie took a moment to straighten her dress a bit, not wanting to look rumpled up. Steffi pondered about a first year section, then asked if they should seek help. "Oh! No, no no. We don't want to bother anyone. I'm sure we can find them!" She nodded, though her nervous expression was pretty plainly visible on her face. She hurried to start looking, consulting her list every few seconds as she did her best to find the correct tomes.

—————————————————————————
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Slugg and Jiggers
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Steffi
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Shopping
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's so nice

Devlyn Maycry

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:48 pm
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi put the cauldron in her bag as well when it was handed to her. When Callie said she was sure they could find the books themselves, she smiled. "Alright, sounds good." She paused, looking around the store. The smell of books made her happy, and sending another of her orphans to Hogwarts. It was a good day. She liked good days. Her days weren't always good. Working at an orphanage had sad days and lots of them. Happy days were what she lived for.

She glanced over Callie's shoulder at the list and nodded. Standard books really. They didn't get complicated until the students started picking electives. Steffi glanced once more around the store.
                                                              "I'd be they have these organized by classes, so lets go ahead and start looking." It didn't take her long to find a couple, and Callie grabbed a couple too. Before she knew it they had all the books they needed piled in their arms, and Callie had been right.... it was a lot of books. It seemed most of her list was books after all. "Alright, lets head to a register and check out with all your books so we can head to the next store. Sound good?"

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:14 pm
User Image

Leave my door open just a crack. 'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep when I'm far too tired to fall asleep?
To ten million fireflies, I'm weird cause I hate goodbyes
I got misty eyes as they said farewell

Calliope nodded at Steffi when she agreed to the plan. The girl started her search, pausing only when she noticed the woman trying to read the list. Steffi mentioned a probable organization system and Callie lit up with new determination. Hurrying quickly, she found a few of the books only to meet up with Steffi who had found the rest. Brilliant! Casting a bright smile toward the lady who Callie figured was kind of a mum, the girl led the way to the counter. "We can go... to the clothes shop, maybe? It would be nice to have appropriate wear, plus it's getting a little late. You're probably sleepy!" A small, tittering laugh escaped as the blonde set her books up by the register. Hopefully Steffi had a good way of carrying them because they were pretty heavy!

✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Flourish and Blotts
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Steffi
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? School Shopping
                                                                  ✯ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? It smells so good here

Devlyn Maycry

But I'll know where several are if my dreams get real bizarre
'Cause I saved a few and I keep them in a jar
I'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:10 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year

▬▬"A potato a day keeps the doctor away"▬▬

Yukon and his siblings had went to Diagon to get their supplies for the year, although, not all of them yet - they didn't have book lists or any lists really. There were standards though, and they could get them now, plus Wes needed some talking time away from their parents. They went into the book store and denied any help, no they would just browse the rows of books to see if anything stood out to them, for now at least.

Yukon spoke up, and picked a random book off the shelf, scanning it's cover and table of contents for anything interesting. "I can't believe I'm already in my OWL year, feels like yesterday that I was choosing my electives for third year, speaking of" He looked at Weslyn and Kenny, "What electives are you looking at? We can pick up some standard books on those while we're out, always come back for the ones actually assigned?" Sure that wasn't subtle at all, but sometimes you just had to ask the questions. The kids were growing up, they had to start thinking about their future.

▬▬"If you throw it hard enough."▬▬

Where & Who: Yukon & Siblings in Diagon
Thinking about: I'm getting old
Wearing: brown pants - white shirt.

OOC: The amount of text typed in small box is deceiving to what actually shows up.
Sorry for the shortness
Double OOC: Kung says they pick electives in summer - we trust Kung. This is probably start of summer

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:29 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

third year || Hufflepuff || halfblood
Art Club || Cooking Club || Daily Dragon || Herbology Club || Quidditch watergirl

It was her third time in as many years visiting Diagon Alley, and despite the sheer number of unfamiliar people, Weslyn was doing quite okay. She followed Yukon aimlessly down an aisle, even reaching up and plucking a deep teal book with a many-tentacled creature on the cover.

Yukon was scanning the table of contents of his own book, and Weslyn followed suit. She opened Dreadful Denizens of the Deep to read the chapter titles. She had encountered many of these names in her readings before, but magical creatures were still quite new to her. They had an entire chapter on merpeople! Maybe it would teach her mermish and she'd be able to actually communicate with her merman friend.

Weslyn looked up when Yukon remarked it was already his OWLs year. She already dreaded taking final exams or tests in general-- OWLs and NEWTs sounded like a complete nightmare. But Yukon just asked them what electives they were considering. Wes considered the question carefully, remembering the elective slip that was still sitting, blank, on her desk. At least with Yukon this wasn’t a test.

”I haven’t filled out the form yet, but Care of Magical Creatures, for sure,” she replied. Skip had said he was definitely taking that one too. She counted down on her fingers as she explained what she was thinking: ”Healing and Muggle Studies sound useful but difficult. Divination sounds interesting--but I'm not really sure? And...Art? Kenny you’re taking Art, right?”

Yukon was in Art, and she was pretty sure Kenny would take Art, which made her want to take it, if only to be in the same class as her brothers. She wasn't quite sure she was good enough to be in Art, but as long as the class didn't have a portfolio requirement, she could try!

She had been very interested when Yukon's Law class discussed magical creatures as part of the Statute of Secrecy-- there had been some kind of incident in London a few years ago--and since then she thought his Law homework looked interesting as well, but Wes was even less sure about that than Art.

setting Diagon Alley, Early summer 2050. || with Yukon and Kenny
appearance 4'7", 90 lbs || wearing light skirt
status Books and electives

Kungfudemoness

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost, you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm going to make this place your home
✿❀
~"Home" by Phillip Phillips, cover by Peter Hollens. .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

So your confidence is quiet
                                                                          To them quiet looks like weakness
                                                                          But you don't have to fight it
                                                                          'Cause you're strong enough to win without a war

Kenny enjoyed trips out of the farm. Not that he hated being at the farm quite the contrary, it was always good to mix things up. They could pick up the order of 3rd-year standard braille books and perhaps Kenny could find a good read in the small stock of braille books they had on hand. Yukon had big tests this year and not too long before he would be taking them too. Yukon asked what kind of classes they were considering. Oh yeah, this was the year they could do electives. Wes mentioned the classes and asked if he was taking Art elective. He smirked and looked toward her familiar blob of color. "As sure as I probably have paint on me somewhere." He said considering he was certain there was some on his arm. He knew the weird skin feel of dried paint. perhaps he had some on his face too.

If you look past this moment
                                                                                                You'll see you've got a friend
                                                                                                Waving a flag for who you are
                                                                                                And all you're gonna do

Stefan Lee Salvatore
                                                                                                addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:04 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Fifth Year

▬▬"A potato a day keeps the doctor away"▬▬

Yukon smiled at Wes's uncertainty, she wanted to try everything didn't she? Not sure where she was going in life probably. "I think you would like Care of Magical creatures, and if you take art it helps in creatures, since you sketch a lot of them." Of course, she had said 5 different electives, that wasn't too many, but Yukon had a busy workload with his numerous electives, and didn't think that Weslyn would need the stress of 5 electives and clubs. Not to mention, she probably hadn't even said all of the electives she was considering. "If I had to give my third year self advice, it would have been to only take 3, maybe 4 electives. If you find yourself interested in other subjects, you can always go and self study and ask a professor any questions. The benefit, without all the homework." Yes, that was solid advice, he took the book she had out of her hand, that was too far an expert book, she needed more vague, then went over to other various areas and found shorter books on various subjects, he wasn't ignoring Kenny but Kenny was more decisive about everything - the kid probably already had his exact electives picked and the form sent back already. "Why don't you maybe skim some of these, or you can skim some of my notes from third year and see if anything reaches out to you to keep studying."

He looked at Kenny and grinned, "So boy with the paint on your cheek, what electives are you taking besides art? Any ideas yet?" The kid was always covered in paint, if he took a bath he almost certainly still had paint on his face, in his hair, anywhere really. It wasn't a bad thing, it was just very... Kenny. They would have to look in the braille books and see what was available in stock for Kenny, it was always such a disadvantage for Kenny, Yukon thought, they had to go and order some books if he wanted a specific text. Sure, when school book lists came in there would be a stock of Braille, but sadly not all of them were.

▬▬"If you throw it hard enough."▬▬

Where & Who: Yukon & Siblings in Diagon
Thinking about: I'm getting old
Wearing: brown pants - white shirt.

addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers