Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Where can I get daffodils? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:36 pm
I'd like to support Cancer Awareness in April for the Daffodil Movement but after perusing the threads in that forum, I don't see any links to where I can get the kind of daffodils they are sporting. Anybody know where to shop for this item?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:55 am
So Rina from the Buttercub Caffee does not have the flower item you want?

Hmm, did you try to collect stuff in Towns?
Towns can be entered via the "World" drop down menu. Be sure to pick just "Towns" and not "Towns 2".
Once you entered it, you click the "Directory" in the middle of the lower menu. Or speak to Ian. Pick any quadrat, does not matter. This will show you a 3*3 grid. Again, pick any except for the middle one. Normally you have the fountain in the middle + 1 chess field + 2 open clearings + 5 spaces for homes (they have red markings).

In any, except for the fountain, the following things can spawn: crumbled newspaper of any colour, various bugs (for catching) and, ofc, different kinds of flowers.
Now, you just have to find some, click them. They are transported to a temporary inventary. If you save that, they will get transported to your real inventory where you can see and use them.

Keep note, that if your Towns session gets too long (30+ minutes in one place) will make bugs uncatchable and stuff unpickable. Just refresh Towns for that.

Lifehack: if you dont want an extra window for Towns you can right-click it and "open in another tab".
Or use http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/towns/

I hope this helps you, if not tell me here 3nodding

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:20 pm
Marc Gosgosh
So Rina from the Buttercub Caffee does not have the flower item you want?

Hmm, did you try to collect stuff in Towns?
Towns can be entered via the "World" drop down menu. Be sure to pick just "Towns" and not "Towns 2".
Once you entered it, you click the "Directory" in the middle of the lower menu. Or speak to Ian. Pick any quadrat, does not matter. This will show you a 3*3 grid. Again, pick any except for the middle one. Normally you have the fountain in the middle + 1 chess field + 2 open clearings + 5 spaces for homes (they have red markings).

In any, except for the fountain, the following things can spawn: crumbled newspaper of any colour, various bugs (for catching) and, ofc, different kinds of flowers.
Now, you just have to find some, click them. They are transported to a temporary inventary. If you save that, they will get transported to your real inventory where you can see and use them.

Keep note, that if your Towns session gets too long (30+ minutes in one place) will make bugs uncatchable and stuff unpickable. Just refresh Towns for that.

Lifehack: if you dont want an extra window for Towns you can right-click it and "open in another tab".
Or use http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/towns/

I hope this helps you, if not tell me here 3nodding

Hi, Marc! I went through the whole inventory of the Cafe Store but didn't find anything. I'll have to look again, It's easy to miss things.

I think you're right. Towns is the next place to look. Thanks for your instruction on how to pick things up in the towns! It is very informative!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:30 pm
After you pick some, you go to Rina`s shop to make them into bouquets.
Single Bouquet Cost: 100 gold ~ Flowers: 1
(Regular) Bouquet Cost: 1000 gold ~ Flowers: 10
Deluxe Bouquet Cost: 2500 gold ~ Flowers: 25

You can use ink (made of bugs, 50 bugs per ink bottle) to color the paper (and around larger bouquets, ribbon).  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:51 pm
norrainforest

xp I ought to know. Back in my day Towns was one of the big places to meet new people; chat, befriend, meet in guilds. I met there some people...they dont go to Gaia anymore I think. I havent tried Towns 2 that much, so I cannot vouch for that.

Also it is no big deal if you hadnt heard about it. If you dont quest for bugs/inks or flowers (or trash paper) you dont go to Towns. I saw a few peeps there, but they were nowhere near the numbers back in '09 and '10. Since then so many new features and forms have opened, it simply has fallen out of use I guess.

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games