Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Where do all those cool Backgrounds come from? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:41 pm
I've been posting in the forums, watching the runway daily and sometimes voting. I see so many avatars with really cool backgrounds. Where did they get them? Can I just go to a store and buy one or is there another way that members come by getting these items? Are the backgrounds that I see on avatars in forums posts the same as the ones I see on the runway or do they have different origins?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:26 am
NorRainForest
I've been posting in the forums, watching the runway daily and sometimes voting. I see so many avatars with really cool backgrounds. Where did they get them? Can I just go to a store and buy one or is there another way that members come by getting these items? Are the backgrounds that I see on avatars in forums posts the same as the ones I see on the runway or do they have different origins?

Those backgrounds are from items you can get in the marketplace. Some of them are strictly background only items, but you'll find a few regular clothing items that have a background included inside. If you run a MP search with the term "background" you'll find some of them (just ignore the aquarium ones that pop up). You can't buy backgrounds in the regular gold shops. A lot of astra items have backgrounds too, so you might want to run a search with that term as well  

Auriga La Shock

Mythrill Knight

80,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

LotusInChains

Dapper Strawberry

28,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:23 am
NorRainForest

If you play Lake Kindred, in the Fafnir's Peak map if you play enough, you'll get a drop that's a RIG (random item generator) called A Picture for the Wall. It is all backgrounds-a lot of the Moga ones (that's another thing to search).

Also, if you go shopping on the Outfits Shop in the marketplace, they'll equip a background and often you can see the items that make up the outfit. So then you can buy the whole thing or you'll know the name of the item and can search for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:21 am
There is only one background I know of in the gold shops, but it's in Loyal's Bazaar which you can only access after signing on 30 days in a row. And it's kinda expensive (though not as expensive as most of the others!): Lilac Heart.  

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

Medievalia2000

Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:53 am
LotusInChains
NorRainForest

If you play Lake Kindred, in the Fafnir's Peak map if you play enough, you'll get a drop that's a RIG (random item generator) called A Picture for the Wall. It is all backgrounds-a lot of the Moga ones (that's another thing to search).

Also, if you go shopping on the Outfits Shop in the marketplace, they'll equip a background and often you can see the items that make up the outfit. So then you can buy the whole thing or you'll know the name of the item and can search for it.

Oh! OK! That's very cool, super helpful advice on the topic!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:13 am
Auriga La Shock
NorRainForest

Those backgrounds are from items you can get in the marketplace. Some of them are strictly background only items, but you'll find a few regular clothing items that have a background included inside. If you run a MP search with the term "background" you'll find some of them (just ignore the aquarium ones that pop up). You can't buy backgrounds in the regular gold shops. A lot of astra items have backgrounds too, so you might want to run a search with that term as well

Thanks for being so helpful!

Medievalia2000

Phantom

☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas