Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
The cringe is so real. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:25 am
Marc Gosgosh
maui boy no ka oi
IDK, but it seems too ridiculous to be anything but a joke to me.

That's a good point, IMO. Then again this is either a really *good* troll or it is real (and believe me, there are people [or rather: men] like him around).

This is no joke, these guys believe that what you can see above is kind of "being a gentleman".
Possible, but why include things like *slyly grabs handkerchief and politely dabs* and "Apologies my dear girl for I got distracted" on a Facebook comment? He could obviously have just used the backspace key if that were truly the case. That's RP s**t right there. Maybe he's just a hardcore RPer? Possible. I'm not an RPer so IDK what they do IRL.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:48 am
maui boy no ka oi
It looks like this post was taken out of context. I could be wrong, but it seems like he was posting on her timeline based on something she might have said about people being racist to Asians and is using this cringeworthy writing style to basically tell her "you're stupid". Either that or he posted something about being racist to Asians, someone told her about it, and he's defending himself. IDK, but it seems too ridiculous to be anything but a joke to me.

It does kinda look like he's trying to debate...something...but the writing style is so weird and trying-hard-to-sound-smart, that it's tough to figure out what the message is.

I want to believe it's a troll, but I've met a couple people who act like this unironically. Like adding *purrs and licks* in a chat which was never meant for RPing in. Dude, no. >_>;

hiimbeary

Marc Gosgosh

Supportive Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:19 am
maui boy no ka oi

hiimbeary"

That's what I meant. The "gentleman style" of those nerds. Please do note, that I mean special nerds; as I consider being a nerd myself. (Seriosly, I am lol I am a proficient video game player, I go nutz over Warhammer 40k and TCGs (MtG, Dark Millenium))
But I would never EVER approach a woman like that. Or, on that matter, any human being. I am not really good with human interaction due to my past being bullied hardcore in elementary school. Still, even I have enough self-reflection and insight in how social skills work to NOT do as those nerds do. sweatdrop

These are 101% "friendzone" material, the "good guys" who complain that the women always go "for the bad guys" and "how nice they would threat the woman who choses them as a boyfriend".

It makes me a bit angry thinking about this whole story because they shed a REALLY bad light on both nerds AND introverts like me. mad  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:10 am
hiimbeary
maui boy no ka oi
It looks like this post was taken out of context. I could be wrong, but it seems like he was posting on her timeline based on something she might have said about people being racist to Asians and is using this cringeworthy writing style to basically tell her "you're stupid". Either that or he posted something about being racist to Asians, someone told her about it, and he's defending himself. IDK, but it seems too ridiculous to be anything but a joke to me.

It does kinda look like he's trying to debate...something...but the writing style is so weird and trying-hard-to-sound-smart, that it's tough to figure out what the message is.

I want to believe it's a troll, but I've met a couple people who act like this unironically. Like adding *purrs and licks* in a chat which was never meant for RPing in. Dude, no. >_>;
But his grammar and spelling is so bad lol. I don't think anyone would think he sounds smart. In any case, *purrs and licks* is nothing like what was written here. This s**t is just... wut?

Marc Gosgosh
I just call them pretentious personally. I'd consider myself a bit of a nerd. I was a fan of the Star Wars EU before Disney nuked it. I'm somewhat into WH40K in terms of its lore and video games but never dropped the funds to get my own tabletops. The only TCG I was into was Yu-Gi-Oh back in middle school, but I used to wreck scrubs in that game. I am very knowledgeable in a bunch of historical and practical subjects from medieval armor and weapons to auto mechanics and electronics repair. I compose music and am VERY critical of any music I listen to (to the point that the people I discuss with get very frustrated by me explaining to them scientifically why their music is absolute s**t).

As per approaching women, I was lucky enough in high school that girls would approach me. Funny thing is that back then, I was apathetic and/or oblivious to their advances and just did my own s**t. I spent more time sharpening knives and lifting weights than talking to anyone except a very very small group of friends. These days I have to work for the girls I get, but due to my forward no-nonsense approaches, it's not a problem for me. That being said, this guy is completely over the top. I respect that he at least had the guts to approach her, but he should have just been real instead of hiding behind this bullshit personality he crafted (assuming he's not trolling). You could be an arrogant, Nazi-sympathizing bigot and still get bitches if you're just honest and confident in who you are.

As per "friendzone", no I do not agree that these are the so-called "good guys". I know because I used to be one of these good guys. Who else would ride the bus for an hour just to come over and comfort a girl who was crying about how she ******** her presentation up? Who else would sneak onto campus despite threats of trespassing charges to accompany that same girl during said presentation to make her feel less nervous about it? Who else would always be there to hold her when her BF neglected and/or abused her for the 50th time? In a moment of weakness, we had a thing going on for a bit, but her pride kept it from going anywhere past that "friendzone" level. She put so much emphasis on being that "good girl who was always loyal" that she was willing to stay in a completely toxic relationship just to preserve that image. I never did any of this bullshit that he did. I literally just went out of my way to be there whenever she needed me. Her friends, her family, and I all asked why she didn't just leave Blaine to be with me and it was always her damn pride that she cited. Like a damn fool I stuck around. Like a damn fool I was left in the dust. When she got her new abusive BF, like a damn fool I came back. For 9 and a half years I made sure I was always there for her. Finally, I just told her that if she's going to continue entering these shallow relationships simply because they catch her on the rebound, I'm leaving for good. I ended up leaving for good. She can kill herself on her own time. I'm not wasting my own on her anymore.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

hiimbeary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:13 am
maui boy no ka oi
But his grammar and spelling is so bad lol. I don't think anyone would think he sounds smart. In any case, *purrs and licks* is nothing like what was written here. This s**t is just... wut?

I mean he probably thinks he sounds smart haha. Assuming it's not a troll...like why else would someone talk like that x-x;

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:44 am
hiimbeary
maui boy no ka oi

I mean he probably thinks he sounds smart haha. Assuming it's not a troll...like why else would someone talk like that x-x;
I can't see this as anything but a troll lol. If he's not, maybe he's just a hardcore RPer obsessed with pretending to be someone he's not? I've yet to meet anyone like that but I've read stories about them.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Vxctor

Devoted Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 pm
Wow.. This hath taken my breath away.  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2