Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Wizarding Wireless Network (Musicians, Theatre, etc...)
Welcome to the Wizarding Wireless Network (Read First!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:56 am
_________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_________
XXX♪ ♫ ♬XXX Welcome to the Wizarding Wireless Network XXX♬ ♫ ♪XXX

The Wizarding Wireless Network (WWN) is the popular wizarding wireless station. While the main headquarters are located in Hogmeade Village, they broadcast all over the United Kingdom. They have a large variety of programmes, music from muggle to magical, advice and news, and even a radio drama!

This subforum is for all musicians, DJs, radio personalities, or any performers to be posted in their offices. This also will include venues where various performers of all ilk can perform their craft, be it musicians, actors, dancers, and the like. Some of the locations mentioned in this forum can be found elsewhere in the guild or in Hogwarts, and thus still fall under the purview of being listed amongst the locations that performers can perform. Please note that like in the Shopping in the UK and Diagon/Knockturn Alley subforums, people may apply to own or work at these locations as well. These positions can be applied through the Shopping in the UK subforum.

Any and all performers, however, must fill out an application in this thread to be considered as working on their craft. They must also post an office in this subforum for people to visit and interact with them regarding their jobs when they are in their offices, be it at home or elsewhere. All the rules for posting offices must follow the same guidelines as the offices in the Entrepreneur subforum.

- The list of current performing artists/groups/bands can be found here: [x]
- The application for the venues to work at/own can be found here: [x]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm
_________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_________
XXX♪ ♫ ♬XXX Application for Performers XXX♬ ♫ ♪XXX

Performers include Actors, Musicians, Dancers, Comedians, DJs, or any other performing artists. The application below must be filled out in its entirety and posted to this thread. In the case of joining a troupe, band, etc, a separate application can be found in the next post.

Follow all the instructions in the parenthesis while you're putting your skeleton together and include all the information we ask for (if you want to spruce it up, feel free). Remove the parenthesis and everything in between them when you're done, please.

The Crew reserves the right to deny or accept anybody. Please make sure you follow the rules when applying.

Post this form in this thread and the crew will either ask you to edit something in your post or quote you with either "Accepted" or "Denied". The crew will try very hard to get you accepted within a day or two. If it's been three days and you still haven't been accepted, PM the Jobs Manager the link and they will check it out.

Do not post your performing artist request more than once.

Once you've been accepted, go ahead and put your studio together in the Wizarding Wireless Network subforum. Create it based on its description. If you have a dance group, make it an open space for dancing, don't make it crowded! Have fun with your studio and try to stay as close to the original as you can, if applicable.

[b]Performing Artist Application[/b]

[b]Hello, my name is[/b] (Link your profile: [url=my profile]Character first and last name[/url])

[b]I am[/b] (number) [b]years old at time of application[/b].

[b]I am a(n)[/b] (your particular performing art: musicians, songwriters, dancers, actors, comedians, etc.)

[b]My group is called[/b] (only fill this out if you have a band or troupe name. Otherwise remove this option.)

[b]It is a[/b] (magical, muggle, magical & muggle) [b]business.[/b]

[b]I perform[/b] (what genre of music do you play? If you are not a musician, remove this option)

[b]It is located in[/b] (what city the business is located in the UK.)

[b]How did I get my start? Well...[/b] (Did you start from scratch out of your basement? Did you get lucky and was scouted for your talent? Be creative!)

[b]The things I love about my craft are[/b] (At least five things your character likes about you're signing up for.)

[b]The things I despise about my craft are[/b] (At least five things your character hates about the shop you're signing up for.)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here about what you do/say/etc. in the business specifically that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

[b]I acknowledge that any magical & muggle arts must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.[/b]

[b]Signed,[/b]
(Your character's signature here)

[spoiler][quote="Essy ze Ninja"][/quote][/spoiler]

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:07 pm
_________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_________
XXX♪ ♫ ♬XXX To Join a Pre-Existing Group XXX♬ ♫ ♪XXX

Must be posted in this thread as a separate post. Must follow the same rules as Performers.

The Performing Artists Group you are applying to must quote your post and approve that they have "hired you". They are in charge of hiring and firing their staff..

[b]Application to Join A Pre-Existing Group[/b]

[b]Hello, my name is[/b] (Link your profile: [url=my profile]Character first and last name[/url])

[b]I am[/b] (number) [b]years old at time of application[/b].

[b]I would like to join[/b] (what group do you want to work with?)

[b]I am a(n)[/b] (your particular performing art: musicians, songwriters, dancers, actors, comedians, etc.)

[b]The things I love about my craft are[/b] (At least five things your character likes about the group you're signing up for.)

[b]The things I despise about my craft are[/b] (At least five things your character hates about the group you're signing up for.)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here about what you do/say/etc. in the business specifically that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

[b]Signed,[/b]
(Your character's name here)

[spoiler][quote="(Username of person that owns the business)"][/quote][/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:37 pm
_________XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_________
XXX♪ ♫ ♬XXX Rules For Your Studio/Office/Etc XXX♬ ♫ ♪XXX

When your artist has been accepted, feel free to post your shop:
+ To do so, start a normal topic here.
+ Title the thread as "Artist/Group Name ~ Location".
+ The first post should be about your artist/group, where you are located, what your particular performing art is, who is in your group (if applicable), if you are magical and/or muggle, etc. Please also note that you must include a link to the artist's profile. (Not all entrepreneurs have to run their own shop. Instead you can own a workshop and supply goods to another business or store. Such as wand-makers/broom-makers would offer to Diagon Alley shops, etc.)
+ This is important! At the bottom of the first post, there should be a short note detailing the magical/muggle/both status of a business. it should read similar to "The Theatre is Muggle Only." Or "The First Floor is Muggle Only. The Second Floor is Magical Only." Or "This Club is Magical Only." Etc.
+ The second post should be more in depth about past performances, possible music/albums, upcoming events, etc.
+ The third post should be reserved; in this post you can look for other members if you'd like, or place whatever you wish for your followers to see.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:30 pm
Performing Artist Application

Hello, my name is Matthew Eccleston

I am 32.

I am a(n) Songwriter and Fiddle Player

My group is called The Bleeding BlackHearts

It is a Magical and Muggle band

It is located in Cambridge, England

How did I get my start? Well... my brother and I began writing songs and working on things back while we were still in Hogwarts. Back then it was just a hobby but after we graduated we started pursuing it as a more stable career, even after my accident.

The things I love about my craft are I enjoy getting to listen to fans sing along with our songs, and making people happy with out music. It's a great feeling to know that something you created has made an impact on others. I also enjoy the traveling that we get to do. Also because we preform for muggles and magical folks, the contrast between the two types of crowds is always fun to see. It's a place we can just be carefree and not really worry about anything bad that's happened. It's calming.

The things I despise about my craft are Sometimes the fans can be a bit much. Sure they're nice but i really don't enjoy people pulling at my clothing when i'm just trying to walk places. The long nights are also terrible, staying up late writing so I don't lose my thought process is extremely frustrating. It can also be a hassle when I want to take my Niece and Nephew out places and someone recognizes me. The constant need to produce new songs it also exhausting and take a lot out of me when i'm dealing with writers block.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The band currently consists of four people, myself and my brother included. Also whenever we play for Muggles I tend to not preform anything but back up vocals since I can't use my magical prosthetic.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle arts must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Matthew A. Eccleston

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:10 am
Fuzzymelonlord

Hello, my name is Matthew Eccleston

I am 32.

I am a(n) Songwriter and Fiddle Player

My group is called The Bleeding BlackHearts

It is a Magical and Muggle band

It is located in Cambridge, England

How did I get my start? Well... my brother and I began writing songs and working on things back while we were still in Hogwarts. Back then it was just a hobby but after we graduated we started pursuing it as a more stable career, even after my accident.

The things I love about my craft are I enjoy getting to listen to fans sing along with our songs, and making people happy with out music. It's a great feeling to know that something you created has made an impact on others. I also enjoy the traveling that we get to do. Also because we preform for muggles and magical folks, the contrast between the two types of crowds is always fun to see. It's a place we can just be carefree and not really worry about anything bad that's happened. It's calming.

The things I despise about my craft are Sometimes the fans can be a bit much. Sure they're nice but i really don't enjoy people pulling at my clothing when i'm just trying to walk places. The long nights are also terrible, staying up late writing so I don't lose my thought process is extremely frustrating. It can also be a hassle when I want to take my Niece and Nephew out places and someone recognizes me. The constant need to produce new songs it also exhausting and take a lot out of me when i'm dealing with writers block.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The band currently consists of four people, myself and my brother included. Also whenever we play for Muggles I tend to not preform anything but back up vocals since I can't use my magical prosthetic.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle arts must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Matthew A. Eccleston

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:55 pm
Application to Join A Pre-Existing Group

Hello, my name is Erzulie Levy

I am 21 years old at time of application.

I would like to join Covert Generation

I am a(n) Electrical bass musician

The things I love about my craft are I get to play in front of more than ten people at a time, I'm not playing classical pieces, getting to say the words "sorry I've got a gig," the work out you get from playing a great show, bass solos.

The things I despise about my craft are Stupid people mistaking a bass guitar for a plain guitar...it's in the ******** name. People asking if I'm sleeping with one of my male members (gross), bad stage bombers, when practice runs so late I literally want to die rather than make my 9am class the next morning, and when my bass just won't stay in tune no matter what I do.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I was told about this band from Caty who heard it from her dad who heard it from his friend who heard it from his friend who heard it from her godson?

Signed,
Erzulie Levy

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:09 pm
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Erzulie Levy

I am 21 years old at time of application.

I would like to join Covert Generation

I am a(n) Electrical bass musician

The things I love about my craft are I get to play in front of more than ten people at a time, I'm not playing classical pieces, getting to say the words "sorry I've got a gig," the work out you get from playing a great show, bass solos.

The things I despise about my craft are Stupid people mistaking a bass guitar for a plain guitar...it's in the ******** name. People asking if I'm sleeping with one of my male members (gross), bad stage bombers, when practice runs so late I literally want to die rather than make my 9am class the next morning, and when my bass just won't stay in tune no matter what I do.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I was told about this band from Caty who heard it from her dad who heard it from his friend who heard it from his friend who heard it from her godson?

Signed,
Erzulie Levy

Diamond Wales

You're Hired!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:12 pm

Hello, my name is Yenifer Desai

I am 28

I would like to join TMPDGM

I am a(n) Bassist, Pianist, Violist and Singer. But I am just applying as a Bassist and Singer!

The things I love about my craft are Well, Cici has been my friend for like ever so it is one part for her and one part for me. Preforming is a lot of fun! I've never been in a band before so it will be a fun experience. I've been playing Bass since I was little but I never really got to DO anything with it so I want to get better by doing this! I also really love making music, it just makes me so happy! Oh oh and being on the road to preform is a lot of fun!

The things I despise about my craft are Practicing! It's so booooring sometimes. I also dislike that I have to stay in one place to make sure I can go to said practices. Oh and don't get me started on the callouses I get on my fingers because of playing, they are the worst! Oh and I hate creeps who think that they are entitled to a performer just because they do love songs, that's dumb. I also don't like performers that use their craft to just sleep around! It gives the rest of us a bad name!

Signed,
Yenifer Desai

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:15 pm
Fuzzymelonlord

Hello, my name is Yenifer Desai

I am 28

I would like to join TMPDGM

I am a(n) Bassist, Pianist, Violist and Singer. But I am just applying as a Bassist and Singer!

The things I love about my craft are Well, Cici has been my friend for like ever so it is one part for her and one part for me. Preforming is a lot of fun! I've never been in a band before so it will be a fun experience. I've been playing Bass since I was little but I never really got to DO anything with it so I want to get better by doing this! I also really love making music, it just makes me so happy! Oh oh and being on the road to preform is a lot of fun!

The things I despise about my craft are Practicing! It's so booooring sometimes. I also dislike that I have to stay in one place to make sure I can go to said practices. Oh and don't get me started on the callouses I get on my fingers because of playing, they are the worst! Oh and I hate creeps who think that they are entitled to a performer just because they do love songs, that's dumb. I also don't like performers that use their craft to just sleep around! It gives the rest of us a bad name!

Signed,
Yenifer Desai

Cara MiaKitty

You're hired!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:26 pm

Hello, my name is Asher Eccelston

I am 18 years old at time of application.

I would like to join The Bleeding BlackHearts

I am a(n) singer and guitarist, primarily, but I can play most instruments.

The things I love about my craft are meeting new people all the time, having an outlet for my feelings (that isn't going to get me punched in the face... usually), getting free stuff (just being honest), traveling, and knowing that what I'm doing matters to somebody out there.

The things I despise about my craft are helping Matt write songs (not my strong suit), dealing with other bands, keeping members in this band (so we have high standards, so what?), planning the technical aspects of shows, and dealing with roadies who break my stuff.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Technically Matt and I co-own this band, we started it together when I was just out of school.

Signed,
Asher Ezra Eccleston

Fuzzymelonlord

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:05 pm
Hello, my name is Ceallachan O'Madaidhin

I am a(n) actor, director, general theater jack-of-all-trades.

My group is called The Hobgoblin Theater Co. acting troupe

It is located in Cardiff, Wales

If I were to describe my group, I'd say: The Hobgoblin is a magically-run theater troupe organized by a pair of siblings with a passion for the dramatic arts. It specializes in performances for the magical community, but frequently performs for muggle audiences as well.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My sister and I abused our father's name to collect a few investors among his colleagues in the music and entertainment industries. We didn't take any money from him, because we didn't want to encourage him. But we definitely schmoozed a few of his friends. We managed to purchase a building to build a venue, and have been aggressively recruiting fellow actors, as well as stage-hands, musicians, set-builders, etc.

The things I love about this group are getting to be involved in the theater in general, having complete creative control (more or less) over what's done, working with younger and inexperienced performers to help them improve, providing a unique work experience for various employees, being able to use magic to create effects normally only seen in film.

The things I despise about this shop are casting for larger plays when there aren't enough people, having to figure out how to eliminate or downplay magical effects for muggle audiences, fighting with my sister over creative differences, my dad constantly stopping by to offer his two pence on everything we do, and auditioning people who only think they can sing.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Agnes Maura McDonald and I co-run this theater trope. Our main venue is located in Cardiff, but we will sometimes do small performances in parks and other venues.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:29 pm
Cara MiaKitty

I would like to purchase The Hobgoblin Theater Co.

If I were to describe my shop, I'd say: The Hobgoblin is a magically-run theater company and troupe organized by a pair of siblings with a passion for the dramatic arts. It specializes in performances for the magical community, but frequently performs for muggle audiences as well.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My sister and I abused our father's name to collect a few investors among his colleagues in the music and entertainment industries. We didn't take any money from him, because we didn't want to encourage him. But we definitely schmoozed a few of his friends.

The things I love about this shop are getting to be involved in the theater in general, having complete creative control (more or less) over what's done, working with younger and inexperienced performers to help them improve, providing a unique work experience for various employees, being able to use magic to create effects normally only seen in film.

The things I despise about this shop are casting for larger plays when there aren't enough people, having to figure out how to eliminate or downplay magical effects for muggle audiences, fighting with my sister over creative differences, my dad constantly stopping by to offer his two pence on everything we do, and auditioning people who only think they can sing.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Agnes Maura McDonald and I co-own this company! ( Fuzzy is on hiatus but will pick up when she returns, hopefully soon >.> )
/quote]

Accepted!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:43 pm
Cara MiaKitty

I am a(n) actor, director, general theater jack-of-all-trades.

My group is called The Hobgoblin Theater Co. acting troupe

If I were to describe my group, I'd say: The Hobgoblin is a magically-run theater troupe organized by a pair of siblings with a passion for the dramatic arts. It specializes in performances for the magical community, but frequently performs for muggle audiences as well.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... My sister and I abused our father's name to collect a few investors among his colleagues in the music and entertainment industries. We didn't take any money from him, because we didn't want to encourage him. But we definitely schmoozed a few of his friends. We managed to purchase a building to build a venue, and have been aggressively recruiting fellow actors, as well as stage-hands, musicians, set-builders, etc.

The things I love about this group are getting to be involved in the theater in general, having complete creative control (more or less) over what's done, working with younger and inexperienced performers to help them improve, providing a unique work experience for various employees, being able to use magic to create effects normally only seen in film.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Agnes Maura McDonald and I co-run this theater trope. Our main venue is located in Cardiff, but we will sometimes do small performances in parks and other venues.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 8:58 pm

Hello, my name is Sherwood Meadows

I am 20 years old at time of application.

I am a(n) musician

It is a magical & muggle business.

I perform folk-style music and traditional ballads

It is located in Lancashire, England

How did I get my start? Well... Originally I was going to do... whatever my grandparents and father expected of me, really. But then my sisters inspired me to do what I wanted with my life, so I began working more on music, which had been a passion of mine for a while.

The things I love about my craft are doing something I'm actually passionate about, getting to be creative, making people happy, having an excuse to go to places like ren faires, dressing up for gigs in ridiculous historical clothes.

The things I despise about my craft are interacting with people when I'm not performing, messing up in the middle of a performance, having to be extra careful with my voice, when the inspiration isn't there, and having gigs cancelled because of weather.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I mostly like to work festivals, but I will sometimes help out with stage productions based on folktales.

Signed,
Sherwood Meadows

Diamond Wales

Wizarding Wireless Network (Musicians, Theatre, etc...)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games