Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
Are there any charity owners who are free Feb 10-20th? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Salut, NSTG!

Okay, here's the deal. A fantastic user-run event called the Heartbreak Cafe is in search of people to help out in their thread, which is running around Valentine's Day, February 10th to the 20th. (If you're not in a position to help out, I still suggest checking out the thread on the day! It's always an excellent event where you can play games and chat with people)

I know there are plenty of generous souls here, and I've seen multiple people donate their time and creative towards charitable causes - the NSTG is a hub of giveaways and games, and I know there are multiple people here who could do something fabulous with this. At this point, I'm not sure if I can commit, which is why I haven't arranged something myself. That said, the people involved in this are absolutely fantastic, and this is so in the spirit of the NSTG's creed that I'm hoping I can recruit someone here for the event.

If you have any ideas for a contest or game you would like to run and are free for the event, please visit this thread, and describe the contest you'd like to host. There are at least two slots to be filled, and I know our NSTG-goers tend to be brilliant at this.

If you have any funds to spare and would like them to go towards Contests, Games, etc, the Heartbreak Cafe is also holding a Donation Drive.

Eeep! I forgot to mention: Application for the Art Freebies section is now closed. The quota for freebie artists has been met and they already have preparations underway. The thing they need most right now is hype and donations.

I've edited this to adapt to changing circumstances. The original is here:

Okay, here's the deal. A fantastic user-run event called the Heartbreak Cafe is in search of artists to give out freebies to guests in their thread, which is running around Valentine's Day, February 10th to the 20th. (If you're not an artist, I suggest watching out for it anyway - it's a great place to play games or chat with other users)

I know there are plenty of generous souls here, and I've seen multiple people donate their artistic talents towards charitable causes. As big an amateur as I am, I was hoping to be able to join in myself, but it's likely I won't be around enough at that point to commit. That said, the people involved in this are absolutely fantastic, and this is so in the spirit of the NSTG's creed that I'm hoping I can recruit at least one artist for the event.

If you're interested, please pop by VV o l f e h's thread for further details about what all this entails, here. She posts more details throughout the thread, and you're free to ask if you have any questions.

If you have any funds to spare and would like them to go towards Contests, Games, etc, the Heartbreak Cafe is also holding a Donation Drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 am
    So I'm not an artist, but this is really cool and I encourage you to keep bumping it up. Would you be cool with it if I plugged this somewhere in February's newsletter?

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:20 pm
Thanks for spreading the word!

Funny enough, I'd just explained the HBC to a friend. XD But I'd ended my explanation with a statement about how I wasn't sure if it was still around because I hadn't seen any HBC stuff lately. And then this thread appeared the same day. <.< >.>

Whiiiiile joining as an artist would be the push I need to draw, I can't guarantee my schedule a month in advance. > < So thank you for also including info about their donation drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:23 pm
Ebania
    So I'm not an artist, but this is really cool and I encourage you to keep bumping it up. Would you be cool with it if I plugged this somewhere in February's newsletter?

I'm not officially an organizer, but I think it would be amazing if you plugged this, considering it's such a great user-run effort. Perhaps the NSTG could contact them about becoming affiliates? I'm more a rogue enthusiast than part of their team at this point.

I found out from a Gaia friend of mine that they've recruited enough artists, so from what I can gather, what they need most right now are people to run contests or games (which I know the NSTG-ers can do in spades, so I'm editing this post accordingly), donators and... well, participation when the time comes around. As much as I know that Gaia as a site needs to change to recharge community spirit (Hopefully this is already starting), I just know that a few good characters and conversationalists can absolutely make a thread.

As a side-note, Spirit Week is nearly upon us and I am not ready. I'd best start gathering funds before the early-year celebrations explode.

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:33 pm
sdrawkcab
Thanks for spreading the word!

Funny enough, I'd just explained the HBC to a friend. XD But I'd ended my explanation with a statement about how I wasn't sure if it was still around because I hadn't seen any HBC stuff lately. And then this thread appeared the same day. <.< >.>

Whiiiiile joining as an artist would be the push I need to draw, I can't guarantee my schedule a month in advance. > < So thank you for also including info about their donation drive.

Ah, it's my pleasure, Cabbi. It's positive user-run efforts alone that have kept me coming back in recent years, so I'm a fan.

That's an interesting coincidence! I know the Cafe tried to run somewhere late last year, but ended up being moved into an event that was centered around bumping. From what I gathered, it was pretty disruptive to the way the thread runs - it's hard to take people's orders and look out for newcomers to talk to when everyone is just spamming the thread for energy.

I was going to sign up myself, but declined for exactly the reasons you outlined - I have no idea how much I'll be able to commit in February, and I didn't want to let them down. On that note, I think that they're alright in the artist department, but I'm sure they'd be overjoyed to receive any donations! Maybe when the time comes I'll see you there.

(Your Miori costume is very cute, by the way! It's too bad that I wasn't at my computer for Ask the Artists - next time, maybe)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:26 am
    Thank goodness! I'm so glad to hear that they've secured enough artists.

We've casually affiliated with them in the past -- for our Halloween event, I think, when they were spotlighed -- but nothing more than that. Perhaps this is an opportunity to do something more involved! I've already got something in mind, but don't want to spill the beans in case they turn me down, lol. emotion_awesome

Yes! Spirit Week launches on Sunday. We're all having a blast getting ready behind the scenes!

Vishkah
          I'm not officially an organizer, but I think it would be amazing if you plugged this, considering it's such a great user-run effort. Perhaps the NSTG could contact them about becoming affiliates? I'm more a rogue enthusiast than part of their team at this point.

I found out from a Gaia friend of mine that they've recruited enough artists, so from what I can gather, what they need most right now are people to run contests or games (which I know the NSTG-ers can do in spades, so I'm editing this post accordingly), donators and... well, participation when the time comes around. As much as I know that Gaia as a site needs to change to recharge community spirit (Hopefully this is already starting), I just know that a few good characters and conversationalists can absolutely make a thread.

As a side-note, Spirit Week is nearly upon us and I am not ready. I'd best start gathering funds before the early-year celebrations explode.

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:45 am
Ebania
    Thank goodness! I'm so glad to hear that they've secured enough artists.

We've casually affiliated with them in the past -- for our Halloween event, I think, when they were spotlighed -- but nothing more than that. Perhaps this is an opportunity to do something more involved! I've already got something in mind, but don't want to spill the beans in case they turn me down, lol. emotion_awesome

Yes! Spirit Week launches on Sunday. We're all having a blast getting ready behind the scenes!

Apparently, more than enough. I'm kind of thrilled to see the talent they have on board, frankly - I'm strangely at peace knowing it's going better than expected. The samples I looked at were all well above any level I could achieve.

I had a feeling we would have! The NSTG is one of the major user-run efforts I've seen on this site, so it just makes sense that we as a Guild would be affiliated with other user-run efforts, even indirectly. It makes even more sense to be more involved in future. We're hot stuff, after all.

I'm dying to know what you're thinking. A penny for your thoughts, Ebania? A bribe? I'm absolutely not above this. By all means, Message me. I'd love to help make this happen if I can, whatever it is.

I'll bet. I've long been tempted to apply for the CAP (for your consideration, of course!). If life-circumstances permit, largely thanks to Ely, I probably will. Again, Message me if you guys need anything. I know you have plenty of creative people on board, but I've always been drawn to this team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:52 pm

Oooh. For anyone who is interested in attending, the theme for this Heartbreak Cafe is 80s Glam Rock or the Alleycat colorscheme/CMYK!

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:19 pm
    Haha! What I'm thinking of is doing a simple exchange of exposure: we make an announcement in the guild about their event, and they invite their participants to come to our Valentine's Day party somewhere on their front page. That way, both events get more exposure surprised ur party and their festivities!

We would love to have you aboard the CAP! It's always open and I would be thrilled to see you apply. 3nodding

Vishkah
          Apparently, more than enough. I'm kind of thrilled to see the talent they have on board, frankly - I'm strangely at peace knowing it's going better than expected. The samples I looked at were all well above any level I could achieve.

I had a feeling we would have! The NSTG is one of the major user-run efforts I've seen on this site, so it just makes sense that we as a Guild would be affiliated with other user-run efforts, even indirectly. It makes even more sense to be more involved in future. We're hot stuff, after all.

I'm dying to know what you're thinking. A penny for your thoughts, Ebania? A bribe? I'm absolutely not above this. By all means, Message me. I'd love to help make this happen if I can, whatever it is.

I'll bet. I've long been tempted to apply for the CAP (for your consideration, of course!). If life-circumstances permit, largely thanks to Ely, I probably will. Again, Message me if you guys need anything. I know you have plenty of creative people on board, but I've always been drawn to this team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:42 pm
Ebania

E! heart

I just saw that you had taken one of the contest slots. What contest are you hosting? I'm so tempted to take the tenth, but I need to double-check on some real-life engagements I might be having during that time...

Maybe I should see if I can pitch a poster raffle... *eyebrow raise*

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:54 pm
    It's actually not a contest! It's a Towns party. Stay tuned. wink

Vishkah
          E! heart

I just saw that you had taken one of the contest slots. What contest are you hosting? I'm so tempted to take the tenth, but I need to double-check on some real-life engagements I might be having during that time...

Maybe I should see if I can pitch a poster raffle... *eyebrow raise*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 pm

GLORY. GLORY TO THIS MOMENT.

heart

Ebania
    It's actually not a contest! It's a Towns party. Stay tuned. wink

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

GrimDaeva

Cute Monster

22,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:42 am
Vishkah

Ebania

Ahh! I'd love to help.
Will be gathering up a nice Gold donation and possibly items if I can find some good ones.
I will also offer up a Chibi for the Art section and Ebania, let me know if you need help with your Towns party.
I can also help donate prizes for the party.

I really shouldn't be taking on more art right now but I can't pass up helping such a good cause!
Plus, by the time it's needed I should be more cleared up!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:02 am

Aer, Aer, lady fair, I'm afraid the Art Freebies section is closed since there tends to need to be a lot of prep for the Artists prep themselves for the Cafe (You need to make art of yourself for a sort of an identity badge made in advance, so they've closed applications! I'm so sorry for directing you there - I really should have updated my post!). You really are so generous to offer - I've done freebies before and always admire the work and dedication that goes into creating art, let alone for strangers online.

All that said, it's so generous of you to get involved in this and I'm so excited to have both you and E on hand!

I also volunteer should you need any help with your Towns Party, Ebania! Just say the word. I've got a busy week coming up, so I've been going back and forth about whether to PM you about the upcoming Valentine's Day festivities.

Aeris Dysnomia

Ebania

Vishkah

Lavish Lunatic

20,875 Points
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Attending the Ball 25

GrimDaeva

Cute Monster

22,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:04 am
Vishkah

WHOOPS. I was so excited I didn't read it properly.
I wanted to donate/apply before I left the house.

It's ok! I'm just glad to have helped somehow <3
No worries!!  
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas