Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Cartographers
L5R - Cartographers - Mapmaker's Tent (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:51 pm
Two questions: If Gahl chose to help Ayame would his rolls possibly quicken or aid her success?

If the first isn't the case, Would there be enough time to meditate for an hour(and regain one of my Void points)?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:24 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
Two questions: If Gahl chose to help Ayame would his rolls possibly quicken or aid her success?

If the first isn't the case, Would there be enough time to meditate for an hour(and regain one of my Void points)?

Mm... it would depend entirely on what Gahl would do to 'aid' her. The monk is basically explaining the planned layout of the shrine they're building so she can accurately have it depicted on her maps later. If it's something that you can do to aid that process with her, it would be the first example of the cooperative skill roll rules listed on page 81 in the book. Namely, Ayame would gain a bonus to each of her rolls equal to your skill rank in each skill (so if you had 2 ranks in Engineering and 1 rank in Craft: Cartography, you'd give her +2 and +1 to her rolls, respectively).

If you opt not to, then yes, you suspect there would be time to attempt a meditation roll instead. One or the other, but not both. smile  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:44 pm
Cartographers players, post a picture of your "I voted" sticker here with a paper that lists your screen name and today's date (I don't need selfies, just the sticker and name), and earn 1 xp! It matters not how you voted, just that you did so.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:44 pm
Oof, cheated by early voting. My I Voted sticker is long gone.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 pm
Psychofish
Oof, cheated by early voting. My I Voted sticker is long gone.

Borrow someone's? I advised Plainsfox for way to show his patriotic enthusiasm, you can come up with a way to represent as well.

Also, cheater.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:42 pm
I'm not too worried about 1 xp. Atm I'm poking my nose in because I'm frustrated at the archaic formatting and requirements on this website my interviewer for tomorrow/today shot me an email to in the middle of the shift saying "oh, we already did interview one, but before the second I need you to put your application in this page, not just through the program".

So when I'm done with the recent rash of interviews maybe i'll make one of those.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 7 10-sided dice: 2, 3, 5, 6, 10, 7, 4 Total: 37 (7-70)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:17 pm
Rain Yupa
Tsuyoshi, give me a trio of rolls: Strength/Craft: Carpentry, Stamina/Craft;Carpentry, and Intelligence/Craft: Carpentry, all vs TN 15, non-voidable.

3k3 Strength/Carpentry: 10 vs 15
2k2 Stamina/Carpentry: 16 vs 15
2k2 Intelligence/Carpentry: 11 vs 15  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:42 pm
Yeah, I stuck my sticker on my forehead so my roommates didn't fuss at me about it, and then threw it away at the end of the day. sweatdrop  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm
Isn't throwing away your forehead kind of extreme?

@ Psychofish, Paidi, if either of you want to substitute the sticker with something else voting related, you can. Or perhaps why you voted the way you did for Question X on your ballots, or something.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
(speaking of which, what is the time in the game?)

Early afternoon.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:23 pm
Voted in favor of Maryland Question 2, authorizing legislation to enact laws allowing for same day voter registration. Because allowing more people to vote should always be considered a good thing, and there are more than a few people in the area at the income level where getting time off to do things to let them vote isn't easy.

Also voted in favor of question 1, to allow certain kinds of gambling revenue to be taxed for funds to be used exclusively for funding public education, because schools in the city are criminally underfunded, and even those outside the city aren't exactly getting all they should.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:36 am
Sorry guys! Life has gotten the better of me as of late. I'm trying to get things back on track. This morning was the first time I've been able to sit at my desk for the better part of two weeks sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:15 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Southern Cross Nemesis

Psychofish

Paidi tou Selini

GustyFox

Current state of Rain

I've been super busy with work, and I've been working at getting my cats to get along better after that incident a year ago (they got in their first physical fight and one got messed up pretty bad and they've been touch-and-go ever since).

I recently got a calming scent diffuser on the 6th and I'm going to see if that makes a difference.

Work is busy enough where one of the three managers for our department (not my personal manager) couldn't take it anymore and walked yesterday. Also, for the new program we're developing, January was the busiest month by far (about 150% busier than the previously most-busy month, something like 220 requests vs 144).

HOWEVER, we have a new hire as of a week and a half ago and once she's fully trained, it will take a large amount of pressure off of my responsibilities (which I've fallen drastically behind on) and maybe I can have my head above water for the first time in about 4 months. When the new person is fully trained, my schedule will go from 8-5 Mon-Thu 9-6 Fri, to 9-6 Mon-Fri. I'm NOT a morning person so I'm hoping I'll be better rested and have more energy and get back into a steady posting habit.

I'm sorry this has fallen to the wayside. I haven't forgotten or give up, and think about my games all the time!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:55 pm
Rain Yupa

sweatdrop I wish I heard this a week ago...

If allowed, I am going to need to recreate my character when we continue.

Every few months or so I delete my characters, and character concepts, I haven't played in a while and don't foresee playing again. And with all three L5R games silent I thought we were finished with it.
sweatdrop
Ignore everything I said.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:26 am
That said, if we do jump back into the game, can I redo my character? To something not so combat focused... sweatdrop  
[L5R 4e] Cartographers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff