Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Cartographers
L5R - Cartographers - Mapmaker's Tent (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:52 am
GustyFox

Because you're a new player to my L5R, I figure just in case, I'd let you know about XP expenditure. For the most part, I'm okay with you spending any accumulated XP at any time, except during a scene.

So you can't go, "Oh, if only I had a rank of, say, Hunting, I could contribute to this situation!" ninja *spend 1 XP for 1 rank in Hunting* "Hey guys I can help!"

Generally, the most "appropriate" in my eyes is overnight, but during long stretches of time (say, while traveling) it could be spent as well. smile

(That said, I'm playing a shugenja in Plainsfox's "Desert Winds" game so I know the feeling of "I need my rinngggsssss" so I'm in no way encouraging you to spend XP now. Just letting you know you have the option 4laugh )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:48 pm
Rain Yupa

Yes, I need rings. I'll be hoarding XP like a dragon hoards gold for a while razz

Thank you for letting me know, I'll keep in mind when expending it.

And I'm ok with advancing the scene.  

GustyFox

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:27 am
Psychofish
Tsuyoshi tried to do anything but relax, ensuring everything was made ready for their travel, and then made a patrol of checking around the mountain, on the off chance he came across any signs of them being followed still, and only when all else he could think to do for the day was done and light began to fade would he allow himself a short soak.

Not without a Perception/Investigation (Search) you ain't.  
Psychofish rolled 6 10-sided dice: 3, 1, 1, 8, 9, 9 Total: 31 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 am
4k3  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:19 pm
2xp on Investigation 2. Do you want us to annotate that somewhere on the profile or the XP page for recordkeeping purposes?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:01 pm
Psychofish
2xp on Investigation 2. Do you want us to annotate that somewhere on the profile or the XP page for recordkeeping purposes?

In the Experience Log thread would be swell :3  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:19 pm
GustyFox
[She checks the "health of the kamis", if nature and the elemental kamis are undisturbed she believes everything is fine.

You'll need to actually cast sense to know this. Each casting will tell you the element you used to cast (so Earth roll to sense Earth kami, Water for water kami, etc).

You don't HAVE to do every element, just the ones you want to sense. smile  
GustyFox rolled 7 10-sided dice: 3, 6, 9, 6, 8, 10, 7 Total: 49 (7-70)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:30 am
Sense Air
6k5 = 46

(depending on what I sense I may pick another element, but still don't know which one)  

GustyFox

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:37 pm
GustyFox
Chiharu would nod in disbelief. This is a serious lack of manners for the heimin, especially crane heimin.
She waved her right hand towards the men urging them to assume a more proper posture.

—You, please stand up and offer a proper greet to Miya Ayame-sama, the Imperial cartographer.

I'll need you to back that up with an Awareness-based skill of some kind. Likely Courtier or Intimidation.  
GustyFox rolled 5 10-sided dice: 3, 9, 6, 6, 4 Total: 28 (5-50)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:55 pm
Rain Yupa
GustyFox
Chiharu would nod in disbelief. This is a serious lack of manners for the heimin, especially crane heimin.
She waved her right hand towards the men urging them to assume a more proper posture.

—You, please stand up and offer a proper greet to Miya Ayame-sama, the Imperial cartographer.

I'll need you to back that up with an Awareness-based skill of some kind. Likely Courtier or Intimidation.

Courtier.
5k4
-1k1 because of Ebisu Curse
+0k1 Benten's blessing (I suppose she is more like teaching the right thing to do than coercing them)

4k4 (if BB applies): 24
4k3 (if BB does not applies): 21  

GustyFox

Psychofish rolled 5 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 1, 7, 10 Total: 23 (5-50)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:46 am
4k3 Hunting/Perception to determine what they're smoking/if he's arresting even more peasants.

7+4+1=12

...they're probably just really happy peasants with some fresh tobacco?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:39 pm
Paidi tou Selini
[Intelligence/Medicine (Herbs) 4k3 vs. TN ?? to identify the smoke
Roll: 4, 8, 5, 9 = 22]

20 if you've only ever read/heard about it.
15 if you've been exposed to it once or twice.
10 if you've been enough opium smokers to recognize it by scent.

(The TNs are a bit higher because you're trying to determine it by odor alone; Tsuyoshi was going by more clues than that)  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

GustyFox

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:14 am
Hey everyone.

I'm going to be on vacations until January 8th so I won't log in as often as I would like.
Rain Yupa may take Chiharu if necessary. smile

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to every one ^__^  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:32 pm
GustyFox
Hey everyone.

I'm going to be on vacations until January 8th so I won't log in as often as I would like.
Rain Yupa may take Chiharu if necessary. smile

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to every one ^__^

Gotcha and have fun! You left yourself quiet and Psychofish is in the position to post next, and I'm really trying to prompt him into doing so. gonk

Like so.
Psychofish

Have a merry Christmas, Ms. Fox!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

[L5R 4e] Cartographers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games