Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
general rules question about 3.5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tikkiro

Interesting Lunatic

8,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:52 am
so the question I have is say something says requires 4 ranks in religion but it's a cross class skill does that mean I have to spend 8 ranks to have 4 full ranks or spend 4 ranks  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:37 am
No one runs skype based games here. Time zones and differing job times kills it off immediately hence why play by post is the preferred method.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:53 am
Tikkiro
so the question I have is say something says requires 4 ranks in religion but it's a cross class skill does that mean I have to spend 8 ranks to have 4 full ranks or spend 4 ranks

Cross class skills are skills that are outside your class's normal knowledge, thus require more effort to master. A basic fighter with an interest in Knowledge Religion, for example, would need to spend more time to acquire the same amount of knowledge than a basic Cleric.

So, if your class doesn't have Knowledge Religion as a Class skill; then yes, it will cost you 8 ranks to reach 4 ranks.

But, there are ways that add skills to your class skills. Multiclassing, feats, prestige classes, races, etc...

Just because I am nice, and it is a holiday; here is one such feat that would make Knowledge Religion a Class Skill.

Quote:
Education
[General] (Eb p52)
1st level only All Knowledge skills are added to your In-Class Skill List.
+1 bonus on two specific Knowledge skills of your choice.

Happy Holidays.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff