Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [D&D 4e] - Bridgepuddle
Old buildings, new owners; Bridgepuddle Story Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:50 pm
"Ugh," Acorn would groan, holding her upper arms with both hands, arms across her chest. "This is one thing that I've never liked about cibilization," she would start. "Why put all your dead in one place? Why not bury them where they pass? That's what my tribe used to do..."

She would scan the empty graveyard, not to spot anything, but because she was mostly bored. "Hey, is it true that human skellytons just get up and start walking around sometimes? That's weird. Humans are weird."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:00 pm
Duren had already donned his armor before going to the meeting, so he had been ready to leave right away. Heading through town, he made no effort to cover himself; he was a proud ex-soldier, and he didn't care what anyone might think of him for being a dwarf. As they entered the graveyard, though, the beast-girl's unexpected comment really got to him. He was caught off guard by the question and nearly let out a laugh. Instead, the Dwarf caught himself and merely cracked a smile. "Aye, that they are, lass...Weird indeed." He made his way over to the catacomb that had been mentioned, wanting to get a good look around it before even thinking about going in.  

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
Kowsauni rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:01 pm
User Image

Seraphina would march along in silence as the group made there way to the graveyard. She didn't even make eye contact with anyone outside of the party. As far as she was concerned they had no business with her and she had no business with them. All that mattered was the mission. Anything else was just a distraction.

Seraphina would roll her eyes at her loud wolfish companion. The only weird one she felt was around here was Acorn...well excluding herself. At least she was modest about it, anyways. She hoped the funeral procession didn't hear her crass comments. They didn't need any more attention.

Once they arrived on scene Seraphina began to look around for anything out of the ordinary.((15 perception check))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:22 am
Four of the funeral, would turn back and look at the group for Acorn's loud comment, most would turn back to their own grief. Though, a child orc would smile and wave, before being pulled back to the event by an adult human.

Save for the one guard, the shorter lizardfolk, would find no other guards.

The building stood roughly 20 ft long x 15 ft wide x 20 ft. tall with a single chained iron gate entrance, Duren would easily recognize the architecture as being dwarven(only one in the town), symbols to Palor and the Raven Queen were chiseled into the stone, along with a list of names by the door(passive History check would tell Morenth [and Acorn, if she is with] that it was a list of those who died in the war and their bodies were never recovered). The door inside was sealed with a rusty lock.

Seraphina would notice two things out of place in the cemetery, first being the honor guard didn't have a symbol to his god. Bridgepuddle doesn't have an official church, so the city council made a ruling that all pious individuals who wish to operate in the name of a god has to publicly display their symbol. It was a big deal when you first arrived in the city, especially to followers of not so nice gods. Though, the drama following that ruling has since passed and it became accepted. The second being a stark white thin fey decedent, only a brown bear's head loin cloth covered his private parts and armed with a spear. Originally you thought, he was with the funeral, but he isn't following them. Instead, he looks to be wondering around aimless. The stranger part, is it appears only you else notices him.

OCC: Not certain if Acorn is with Duran and Morenth, or not.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Kowsauni rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:30 pm
User Image
At first Seraphina didn't think much of the missing symbol on the honor guard. Rules and regulations were things she only cared about in so far as to keep herself out of trouble, but then they were here to investigate and this was definitely something out of place. Perhaps the procession was a farce to smuggle something inside the coffin, or perhaps the honor guard was just absent-minded. Nonetheless, she would let the rest of the group know about it, in a voice just loud enough for them to hear. "The honor guard for the procession over there is missing his religious symbol. Against city rules, if I recall. Kind of an odd thing for a holy man to forget about, don't you think?"

Seraphina would then approach the scantily clad fey creature and speak to him. "You look lost, friend, and that ain't the kind of clothing for this weather. Do you need help with something?"

((20 Nature check of the white fey dude to see if Seraphina recognizes anything about his origin or where he came from.))  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:58 pm
He'd nod at Seraphina's words about the honor guard before moving towards the man, keeping his head bowed. "Excuse me, sir, we have heard recently of a group of goblins having made a ruckus here. Our employer, Mister Thompson, sent us to take a look and find out where they could have come from." The kobold spoke in a normal tone, so as to not bother the funeral, while eyeing the guard himself for anything else that could be out of order about the man, "I was hoping that you may have some information on the incident."

Perception: +7

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:32 pm
Acorn's in the same stealth range as Duren, so if Morenth and Seraphina scout ahead, Acorn stays with the dorf.

"Oh!" Acorn would take note of the fey man that Seraphina approached and addressed, and also approached him.

"I didn't realize it was going to be that kind of funneral," she would say, grinning as she sized the man up. Making finger crossbows at the fey, she'd ask him, "Ursa major or ursa minor?" as she winked at him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:44 am
Duren would cast a glance at each of the others splitting off separately, one by one, and shake his head. It did strike him as odd when it was pointed out that the honor guard was bereft of holy symbols, but then...so was he. Perhaps they were merely honoring the dead and had no deity that they bowed to. No, gaining access to this crypt was far more important that attempting to start a crusade. His attention focused back on the chain barring access and the rusted lock inside the small structure. Both would be easy work with his hammer, and his hand dropped to his side, fingers brushing lightly over the haft. The Dwarf hesitated though, because as much as duty urged him to bash his way in, destroying something of this nature made him uneasy. So instead, he headed over to where the Honor Guard was being questioned and chipped in by asking, "Perhaps you could also point us in the direction of the priest in charge of this cemetery, or a groundskeeper?"  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:16 pm
The guard stood about 5' 7”, and appeared to be a hairless, pale skinned human by heroic stature. Armed with an iron sword, and adore a set of blackened scale armor; the man didn't appear to have any thing else standout-ish. “You should ask the one that stood on guard that day, She was both the keeper and priest.” He would motion to the casket.

He would turn to the two shorter than he, and motions the two to follow, the substitute would lead the two away from the grievers “Officer Grant, I normally walk the southern docks at night. But, the council feared without an active guard, honor or otherwise, hoodlums would destroy the cemetery. And I drew the short straw; at least 'til they can get a replacement.”

Grant would lean on a grave stone, “If there is any way I can help, speak plainly and ask it. Though, Lieutenant Rikka was heading the investigation, she might be more helpful. Goblins, if you could call the stick figures at the barracks goblins, then yes, two of them.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From her knowledge, despite the tribal scaring, tattoos, and two broken horns; Seraphina could tell the bear clad male was satyr. His pale skin and blue lips, made it appear he had been out in this weather for some time, how he was still up and walking would be a no small miracle.

“Dara, It is good to see you again, my old friend.” He would bow to Seraphina, and letting his spear fall to his shoulder the satyr would reach a hand out to Acorn's crossbow hand “And this lovely sight must be, Rose. Dara has told me much of you. I am glad you could arrive, I am Puck.” Looking her over, then again Seraphina, as if judging something and finding them wanting. “Have you two ever been treasure hunting before?”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:06 pm
User Image
Seraphina would look over at Acorn, then back at the satyr. "...I think you might be confused, friend; you've been out in this weather too long. My name is Seraphina and this is Acorn. Now, I'm accustomed to hunting beasts, not treasure, but before we do any sort of hunting I think we should get you somewhere to warm up... not that I care or anything, but the cold is clearly affecting your mind."

Seraphina's tail twitched underneath her cloak. This guy was weird, but it looked like he was about to collapse from exposure, so they had to do something.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:05 pm
"Ah." He lowered his head slightly as the man motioned to the casket. Listening to his response to Duren, he looked up slightly. "Then we might want to go speak with Lieutenant Rikka. I'd rather see what she knows first before we attempt to head back the way the goblins came."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm
"Hrm..." Duren thought things over for a moment. Perhaps going to speak with the Lieutenant would give them more insight, but it would be a waste to come all the way out here just to leave without doing anything. "I see...well we have been asked to investigate the matter while the guard is otherwise...shorthanded. It would be a shame to smash our way into the crypts though. Do you happen to know where the key may be? Among the keeper's belongings, maybe?"  

Ryssa Blackblood

11,215 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:13 pm
Acorn's expression would first grow to one of great concern, then it would soften.

"So you're the femous, Puck. I don't always go by Rose, but I'd be delighted for you to call me by that name," she would say, making a little curtsy motion. "And yes, I have! But not recently. Before we go treasure hunting though, we'll need a light."

Kneeling down, she would withdraw a torch from her pack and light a torch, despite it being earlier in the day.

"Okee, Puck. I'll hold the torch, and stick close to you, and you can protect me. Sound like a plan?" she would ask, smiling.

She did not bring a blanket or anything immediately suitable for helping someone who might be suffering from exposure, but a heat source a couple feet away would still do wonders compared to doing nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:56 am
“It is protocol, anything held for an investigation would've been taken to the second floor of the Town Hall. That is includes all she worn, had, held on her when she died.” Looking over at the funeral, the officer would continued in a hushed tone. “I didn't tell you this and I can't help you if it turns sour, but she had a habit of losing her key and you might be able to find a spare in her house. Though, her next of kin will be heading that way after the proceedings here and they may not make friendly to strangers in her house. It would be the first one on the left as you leave the grave yard.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Is that a joke?” Puck would stare in a pouting confusion at Seraphina, follow her words. “Earlier it was cold but, it has clearly the hottest day of summer, and you want me to warm up?”

Though his expression would change, with Acorn's acceptance. “That is a good idea, we will need the torch when the humans leave. You wouldn't believe the treasures they have buried here! The bald one will leave soon, and we can start digging!”  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:43 pm
Acorn would raise a brow at Puck's exclamation. "I thought they just buried their skellytons so they don't go around attacking people. They bury their tresszure too?" Her eyes would widen. "Humans are pirates....." she would whisper to herself.

Suddenly, she would look like she realized something, and turned her gaze to the sky. "It'll be a little bit until it's sundown, and digging's more fun when you're sloshed. Lets get some drinks first before we get down to business, Mister Puck."  
[D&D 4e] - Bridgepuddle

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff