Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
5th Ed D&D | The Children of Mother | Autumn`s Night Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:29 pm
This is a testing of the waters so to speak. Forum based DMing is something new to me, so those interested in joining I ask to keep that in mind.

This Topic is predominantly to access if there is interest in such a campaign to begin with. I will include below a short summary of the Children of Mother Setting and themes that typically can be expected with my style of campaign. I will include any limitations I can immediately think of that may be pertinent to those interested, and also gladly answer any questions about the setting and system as you have them and my ability allows.
XXSo feel free to note questions and concerns here, or pm me for such details.

To start.
XXXXThe Children of Mother is a setting heavily influenced by novels and stories including "Mouse Guard", "Redwall" and "Mrs. Frisby and The rats of Nihm". Taking on roles from a small mouse to a mighty Cardinal, the setting aims for a more light hearted approach to the themes in D&D, full of whimsy and childlike wonder, even in the darker sections of its stories.
XXXXThis particular campaign takes root early in this history of our world. Founded in the city of Camelot, Fabled home where 'Mother' once resided long ago. It Is long sense been empty of her or her people, left now to her children who claim it as their own. Many kind are blessed here: Mice, Squirrel, Weasel, Chipmunk, Mole, Rat, Toad and Avian. Kept safe by the immeasurably high walls of their land from the unknown beyond. Living in relative peace with one another.

I think it will be easier to provide bulletin points from here on.

* The current King is King Johannes of Cameel. A Rat nearly 50 seasons in age.
xxxIn his reign he has brought pace and prosperity to Camelot.
xxxHe has created a governing body of Dukes and Counts the strengthen the crowns rule.
xxxHe has created a Standing army.
xxxThrough his reign a Generation now lives that has not known conflict in any way.
xxxWhile there are a few collections that consider him a Tyrant and work against him, the majority consider him a wonderful him and wish him many more years.

*The Current Pope of the Orthodox Church of Mother is Pope Abrham Tellith. A Blue Jay who is older then Record. Some Believe him to be 200 seasons old.
xxxHis order has works closely with the crown to Promote peace in Camelot.
xxxWhile there has not been open conflict for some time, his order has been at odds with the Druidic Conclave since before written history.
xxxThe prominent existence of his order is to teach the blessings of mother, and provide comfort to those in need.

*The Current ArchDruid is Tandreel Willowleaf. She is a young Chipmonk often influenced by those who lead the Druidic Conclave with her Father before.
xxxWhile considered the opposing faith to the Othidox Church of Mother, both share many of the same beliefs.
xxxThe Conclave also works closely with the crown to Promote Peace in Camelot.
xxxThe prominent existence of the conclave is to promote unity with in communities and show the blessings of Mother.

*While Camelot was the City of Mother, to her children it is their entire country and, for some, their entire world.
xxxOnly Legends exist of those who have ventured beyond the walls of Camelot. The unknown beyond is seen as evil and something even children are though not to wonder.
xxxIn history, Camelot has never known war. However, there has been many recorded events of towns and cities going to battle over land, resources and even 'Honor'; though, this has not been the case since King Johannes came into power.
xxxThe Othidox Church of Mother and Druid Conclave hold the oldest written histories of Camelot. While the Order is said to maintain a more event oriented history, the Conclave is suggested to have a more Genealogical recording.
xxxWhile it is believed all of Camelot was once a grand and magnificent city, now much of its land are forests and grasslands. The few buildings that remain have becomes great cities, and what is believed to have been Mothers home, A vast castle great in size and form, is now the Capital and greatest City of the land.

*Rules alterations to be expected.
xxxDue to the tone and setting of "The Children of Mother" many class features, spells and basic rules are either astatically or functionally altered. While I will not go through all of them here, I will gladly go in-depth on any you have questions about. Below are a short list of what to expect to be altered to varying degree.

Druid's Wild Shape Ability.
Ranger's Animal Companion Ability.
Conjure Animals Spell. (Most Conjure Spells have some alteration.)
Charm Person.
Dominate Beast/Person/Monster.
Hold Person/monster Spells.
Mounts and Other Animals.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:01 am
Kuxri

One normally post expected PC levels and such in these things.

I might be interested if it was level 6+  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:29 pm
Oh, Well, Unexpected of that etiquette, Will rectify this then.

Game will start off at 5th lvl.
No Class restrictions. Though some classes and Variants do work slightly differently as stated above.
Looking for 3-5 players
Tend to run a good mix of roleplay and combat. might lean a little more toward roleplay and non combat encounters.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:33 pm
Quick question. Are the animal names based on family clans or actual races?  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:54 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

If you are asking about the names the people call themselves. It is pretty race variant Each race has its own way of naming their children and I don't mind going into more detail if that is what you are asking.

If you are asking weather the animal names are suggesting of different "Humanoid" clans or of actual animals. It is actual animals. You play the roles of Mice, Rats, Small Birds, Moles, Squirrels, Ferrets, Chipmunks, Small Bats or Toads.    
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:57 pm
Kuxri
TerashiLeonGoken

If you are asking about the names the people call themselves. It is pretty race variant Each race has its own way of naming their children and I don't mind going into more detail if that is what you are asking.

If you are asking weather the animal names are suggesting of different "Humanoid" clans or of actual animals. It is actual animals. You play the roles of Mice, Rats, Small Birds, Moles, Squirrels, Ferrets, Chipmunks, Small Bats or Toads.  
Sorry, but that doesn't interest me. Hope you find what you're looking for.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:44 pm
I'm in. Quick question before I make a character. What benefits do the different races give you?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:23 pm
Lavander42

To go through this list with no real detail beyond the numbers.

Avian (bird): +2 Dex, -1 Con, Move Speed 20ft
      Minor: Size Small, +1 Cha, Fly speed 50ft
      Major: Size Medium, +1 Wis,, Keen Senses (Prof. with Perception Skill.) Fly Speed 40ft

Chipmunk: +2 Dex, +2 Cha, Size Medium, Blessed (Adv. vs Charm effect, Magical Sleep.), Natural Illusionist (Cantrip, Minor Illusion.), Speak With Vermin, Move Speed 30ft, Climb Speed 30ft

Chiropteran (Bat): +2Wis, +1 Dex, Size Medium, Superior Darkvision 120ft (Hearing Based.), Move Speed 25ft, Climb Speed 10ft, Fly Speed 30ft.

Mole: +2 Con, +1 Wis, Size Medium, Darkvison 60ft, Blind sense 10ft, Sunlight Sensitivity (Did Adv. On Att. rolls & Wis {Perception} Checks based on sight in direct sunlight.) Stonecunning (As Dwarf Pg. 20 PHB 5th. ed.) Move Speed 20ft, Burrow Speed 10ft

Mouse: +1 Your Choice, Size Small, Luck (As Halfling Pg. 28 PHB 5th. ed.) Skill Versatility (As Half-Elf PHB 5th. ed.), Naturally Stealthy (Select one Terrain from "Natural Explorer" {Ranger Class Ability Pg. 90 PHB 5th. ed.}. Adv. on Stealth Skill Checks to Hide in selected Terrain.) Move Speed 30ft

Rat: +2 Int, +1 Con, Size Medium, Darkvision 60ft, Rat Reselience (Adv. Saves vs Poison & Disease, Resistant to Necrotic Damage.) Rat Combat Training (Rapier, Swortsword, Hand-crossbow)

Squirrel: +2 Str, +1Wis, Size Medium, Brave (As Halfling Pg 28 PHB 5th. ed.), Squirrel Combat Training (Longsword, Morningstar, Warhammer, Shortbow.), Squirrel Armor Training (Light, Medium), Move Seed 30ft, Climb Speed 30ft

Toad: +1Dex, +1Str, Size Medium, Menacing (As Half-Orc Pg. 41 PHB 5th. ed.), Endurance (As Goliath Stone's Endurance Pg. 11 EEPC 5th. ed) Natural Jumper (Adv. Athletics {Jump} Skill checks.) Move Speed 30ft

Weasel: +2Cha, Size Medium, Keen Sense (Prof. with Perception Skill)
      Ferret: +1 Dex, Artificer Lore (When you make a Int (history) Check related to Magic items, alchemical objects or technological devices, you can add twice your proficiency bonus instead of any proficiency bonus you normally apply), Tinker (You have proficiency with artisan's tools {Tinker's tools}. You may spend 1 hour & 10gp of material to construct tiny clockwork devices {Ac 5, 1 hp} that functions for only 24 hours {can be repaired with 1 hour of work} or until you dismantle it, reclaiming all materials. You can have up to three such devices at a time.)
      Stoat: +1 Str, Stoat Combat Training (Scimitar, Hand Axe, Net, Heavy-Crossbow) Savage Attack (As Half-Orc Pg 41 PHB 5th. ed,)

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:23 pm
To Provide a very basic Social understanding between the Races, and this is the board strokes and while should be considered a influence for characters is by no means a stone description of individuals in a race.

Rat's are typically leaders, The Royal Bloodline of Camelot, Many Dukes, Counts and Barons, Leaders of Guilds and even the heads of more questionable collections are of this race. Rats often find a seat in power through either their own actions or inherited through the actions of their family. They are not seen as being very personable though, more capable of making plans of action then rallying a cause.

Avian are typically viewed as more religious, they tend to be the heads of the church, or among the most faithful. Some see them as having to high a view of themselves, but most rely on the Avian race for guidance in tough times and direction towards the right path in life.

Squirrels are typically viewed as the stalwart defenders of Camelot, especially in recent years and many high ranking members of the now standing army are of this race. Strong, dependable and often seen as holding some of the greatest sense of honor, many call upon them in times of danger and look to them as the strength to accomplish difficult tasks.

Chipmunks are often viewed as the most Intune with nature and history. Heads of druid conclaves, and protectors of the land, many see them in a great light as they were, in history, the first Mother Blessed. They are often the first called upon when drought or plague comes to the land, and are viewed as the alternative to the more strict worship Avian proclaim.

Mice are viewed with a idea of weakness, but a value in numbers and variety. Mice hold many skills and form strong communities. Family, friends and community are bounds they treasure and work towards bettering as they accomplish a task through a stronger combined force rather then what any single hand could manage.

Weasels are viewed as the travelers of Camelot. Unable to settle in a single place for long. Traveling alone or in groups, often taking the role of merchant or wandering minstrels. They collect in their vast array of Travels many items, knowledges and skills and are most often seen as ever hungry for something new.

Moles are viewed as reclusive, kept to their deep subterranean world that some argue is a land all its own. Their praise "The Black Dark", their exotic way of life, and deep devotion to the world below the earth, they are mostly acclaimed for strong family ties and powerful builds, capable of preforming jobs with out rest that would bring others to collapse.

Toads are viewed as the most relaxed of the races. Full of strange wisdoms, and a desire for simplicity and self fulfillment over connection with others. Many are seen as only holding the minimum connection to family and community, understood that an invitation into their life is among the greatest praise they can give.

Chiropteran are an alien race that reach beyond the walls of Camelot. Not considered true children of mother, they have shown no reason to hold mistrust or disdain, though many still find their communities to be strange. They came from beyond Camelot in the distant history of the world, and worship strange "Forfathers" who accomplished and created in effect many things of the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:52 am
That is cool, I'm in. I have one question though, are we humanized animals, or actual animals?  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:16 pm
Youroka Kage
That is cool, I'm in. I have one question though, are we humanized animals, or actual animals?

Note the date. The last post was from 10 months ago. This isn't happening. However I am running recruitment for a 5e campaign here.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm
PupSage
Youroka Kage

Note the date. The last post was from 10 months ago. This isn't happening. However I am running recruitment for a 5e campaign here.

Yeah, I noticed after I posted ^.^;  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500

Kuxri

Wheezing Sex Symbol

6,275 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:49 pm
To answer the question though.

In the Campaign setting of Children of Mother you play Animals very similar to those of "The Secret of Nimh" or "Red Wall".  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:24 pm
Kuxri
To answer the question though.

In the Campaign setting of Children of Mother you play Animals very similar to those of "The Secret of Nimh" or "Red Wall".

Are you still going to run this?  

Youroka Kage

Devoted Guildswoman

16,240 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Cool Cat 500
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash