Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Shopping in the UK
Sticky Wicket Sweets ~ Kenmare, Ireland ~ Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:18 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxCandy Shop
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCiaran
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxHappy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ιмageѕ oғ в r o ĸ e n lιgнт wнιcн d a n c e вeғore мe lιĸe a м ι l l ι o n e y e ѕ xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнey c a l l мe on and on a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тнoυgнтѕ мeander lιĸe a r e ѕ т l e ѕ ѕ w ι n d ιnѕιde a l e т т e r в o х xxxxxx
                                                          тнey тυмвle в l ι n d l y aѕ тнey мaĸe тнeιr way a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e xxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceNirav looked up very abruptly at Ciaran's outburst, eyes going wide at the sudden change of tone. His gaze fixated for a short moment on the Irishman's cheeks, noting the flush, and his own mirrored them. "I just, uh, it seemed as though you were uncomfortable," he said, not really understanding. Moments ago he would've sworn on his mother's grave that the other man couldn't wait to be rid of him, but the look on Ciaran's face implied otherwise. "I wouldn't want to... I am very, very sorry. Um. For causing that. So, I would... assume, uh. That shutting up would be preferred? To continuing to talk and say uncomfortable things?" He swallowed, forcing himself to look down at Ciaran's hands rather than continue focusing, rather awkwardly, on his face. "Uh, I suppose a subject change would be acceptable?"

spaceUnfortunately, he was at a complete loss for what exactly to change the subject to. Not his work, since Merlin knew he'd end up prattling on and boring the man to tears. They'd already talked about Ciaran's, and he was sure the man got a million and one questions about that anyway. Before he could come up with anything (the silence got rather awkward, which only flustered him more), Ciaran offered to ring him up. Nirav gave a sheepish, unsure sort of smile. "Uh, I've not got anywhere else to be, no," he replied. "I... Surely you're busy? Or have things you need to be doing?" As soon as the words left his lips, he wanted to slap himself. "Not that I'm trying to find an excuse to leave, I just, I don't imagine you really want me hanging around, you've already helped me with the candy selection so anymore time I spend here, I'm wasting yours-" He cut himself off, head falling back slightly, and he sighed. "I'm sorry. I, uh. Don't get out much." Or ever, really. If Anandi was here she'd either be claiming she'd never met him before in her life, or dying on the floor laughing at him. Jaya would just be shaking her head and muttering in Hindi. Meanwhile, he just wanted to know exactly how much of an arse he was making of himself.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════

xxx ѕoυndѕ oғ l a υ g н т e r ѕнadeѕ oғ l ι ғ e are r ι n g ι n g
                                                          xxxxxx тнroυgн мy o p e n earѕ ι n c ι т ι n g and ι n v ι т ι n g мe
                                                          xxxxxxxxx lιмιтleѕѕ υ n d y ι n g l o v e wнιcн ѕ н ι n e ѕ aroυnd м e
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx lιĸe a мιllιon ѕ υ n ѕ and c a l l ѕ мe on a c r o ѕ ѕ тнe υ n ι v e r ѕ e

User Image

xx» «xx
                                                          xx» oυт oғ cнaracтer «xx
                                                          speak now

Yukina101

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:13 pm
I'll be your light, your match, your burning sun,
I'll be the bright, in black that's makin' you run.
And we'll feel alright, and we'll feel alright,
'Cause we'll work it out, yeah, we'll work it out.

User Image
User Image

▷Former Hufflepuff ▷Muggleborn ▷Father of Three ▷Sticky Wicket Owner and Chef

→Ciaran didn't think in his entire forty plus years on this Earth that he'd ever met someone as seemingly hopeless at talking to people as he. Though Nirav at least had a viable excuse; he had been afraid of insulting or causing him any duress while he himself was only tongue tied due to surprise hotness. It was like the man had no comprehension of how attractive he was, which just had to be a joke because c'mon. There was no way he went a day, an hour if he would, without at least one catcall or wolf whistle. Hell if he hadn't been too busy both salivating and trying to not garner a sexual harassment suit he would've done one or the other. He was equally shocked and appalled that he actually didn't have greater plans than visiting his candy shop (ok so shocked and appalled might not've been how he was feeling but it would've been a tad excessive to preen at such a thought) but he wasn't going to intervene. He couldn't contain the snort that erupted from him at his admittance and then immediately pinked in horror at what he'd done. "Iammsosorry! I wasn' laughin' a' you bu' more uh, laughin' a' t'e similarities." Ciaran tried explaining rather lamely. "Ijus'mean, I can understan' you w'en you said you don' ge' ou' much since if i' weren' for my kids an' my bes' frien' I'd jus' go from here ta home. Or prolly buy a better bed to fi' in t'e back." he added with an awkward short laugh thinking of the cot he sometimes transfigured back there whenever he didn't want to go home. Which happened infrequently but did still happen and his family only found out because Adam would snitch to them.

Speaking of the teen, he was ringing up all the purchases and looking between both men with a curious expression on his face. Ciaran was about to ask him about when he began speaking. "Sorry sir, I couldn't help but overhearing your plight of being a homebody and I have a minor suggestion about that. You could go out with my boss, who's also an admitted homebody, and yaknow, get out together?" Adam gave a wide toothy grin while Ciaran flushed brightly with his mouth threatening to fall open in mortification. He didn't care how big his stupid blue eyes could get he was so fired after this! "Youcanjus'ignorehim! He's uh, I don' really know w'at he's tryin' ta do."' he said sending a glare towards the young man hoping it would send him scurrying to the kitchen but was incensed when it only made him grin bigger. Goddammit!←

Cara MiaKitty

I got my mind made up, man, I can't let go.
I'm killing every second 'til it saves my soul.
(Ooh) I'll be running, (Ooh) I'll be running,
'Til the love runs out, 'til the love runs out.
And I'll start a fire, and I'll shut it down
'Til the love runs out

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:45 pm
This is gospel for the fallen ones
Locked away in permanent slumber
Assembling their philosophies
From pieces of broken memories
User Image
User Image

Uɴɪᴠᴇʀsɪᴛʏ Sᴛᴜᴅᴇɴᴛ DIY Eɴᴛʜᴜsɪᴀsᴛ Nᴏɴ﹣Sᴇᴇᴋɪɴɢ Asᴇxᴜᴀʟ

Adam couldn't believe it. He'd done everything he could think of and he was still so bored. Which in itself was a travesty since one should never ever ever feel bored in a candy store. It was a crime against nature! And yet here he stood with a broom in hand after sweeping the front, back, and even outside of the shop, cleaned windows, and helped prep a batch of fudge since Fall was practically upon them and it was one of the number one best sellers of the season. That and bundt cakes for some reason. For the fourteenth of fifteenth time in the past hour, he cursed the flakiness of tenured university professors. His had sent out a mass email about an hour before the schedule class telling them it was cancelled and to just re-read their last two chapters to be prepared for the quiz next class. So of course he took a well deserved nap-if he did say so himself-before getting to work actually early in order to help since Shirley had about an hour and a half break to get her kids shuffled from one place to another. She was a miracle worker, he had to say. Five kids, three under ten, and barely a hair out of place. He wanted to be like her when he grew up. Minus the five kids though, maybe two more cacti if Priscilla didn't seem jealous. Though who was he kidding; he'd once taken home a small potted sunflower from his terrain class and made the mistake of placing it next to the cactus. He went to the bathroom and when he came back the poor sunflower had been knocked clear off the shelf. Adam didn't own a pet and his roommate hadn't come in so he had to assume that Priscilla was just a petty bint. He sighed again balancing his chin on the top of the broom nearly wishing for another wave of customers to alleviate his boredom. He even almost wished his sister would come by and make a scene just to do something even though he knew she wouldn't. Come by or make a scene, he just wasn't worth it apparently. That and she promised poor mummy and daddy that she wouldn't and, as he well knew, someone had to remain the golden child. So instead he pulled out his mobile (that was actually charged, wonders of wonders) and began texting Jojo using emojis to convey the utter depths of his boredom. If he hadn't been threatened with extreme and creative violence, he'd send her a snapchat of Ciaran arguing with radio again while elbow deep in diabetic friendly chocolate.

Oh, this is the beat of my heart, this is the beat of my heart
The gnashing teeth and criminal tongues conspire against the odds
But they haven’t seen the best of us yet

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:53 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxSweets Shop - Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAdam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

αм ι вяανє єиσυgн؟ αм ι ѕтяσиg єиσυgн؟xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          тσ fσℓℓσω тнє ∂єѕιяє тнαт вυяиѕ fяσм ωιтнιи xxxxxxxxx
                                                          тσ ρυѕн αωαу му fєαя тσ ѕтαи∂ ωнєяє ι'м αfяαι∂ xxxxxx
                                                          ι αм тняσυgн ωιтн тнιѕ ¢υz ι αм мσяє тнαи тнιѕxxx

spaceFar be it from Jojo to be normal, in any sense of the word. She was quite happy being the complete opposite of normal, in fact, in almost every way she could be. Of course, her perspective of what others might view as 'normal' was skewed, thanks to her upbringing and various traumas doled out by a psychopath. But, she got enough odd looks as she walked down the street that she was relatively certain that she wasn't normal, even by the standards of... well, normal people. That was perfectly fine with her.

spaceOne of the ways she wasn't particularly fond of being abnormal, however, was her anxiety. Still. Not that she should be surprised; the latest entry in her journal of '******** up things that've happened to me' wasn't that far in the past, and the latest entry in '******** up things that've happened to my loved ones' was the direct result of the entry in the former. But she would like to've been able to be a normal girl who didn't find the idea of standing in a room full of people she knew very well, and making vows she was perfectly happy to make, thank you very much, without a completely irrational fear of attention driving her to a panic attack. Unfortunately, the very idea of a wedding was enough to make her take to her wings and fly off for an hour or two, so an actual wedding was out of the question. Kenny's proposal had, then, been keep utterly secret, as the pair planned to elope so that there would be no meddling from well-meaning relatives who didn't quite understand that this wasn't something she could just get over. Add in the fact that she knew weddings themselves were stressful events, even for perfectly sane girls, and she had no desire to give any hint to someone who might insist on one that there was to be one.

space... All that said, she was dying to tell someone.

spaceJesse, of course, had been told, and Elliott, but neither had given her quite the reaction she would've liked, which involved excitement and absolutely no looking at her like she was crazy (she was, but this time it wasn't related) or like they were trying to refrain from telling her so. She swore she could practically hear Elliott questioning if she and Kenny were rushing into something or if they'd thought it through. Jesse was slightly better, but he obviously wasn't thrilled at the notion. Neither of them were at all interested in the concept of marriage (even though they were planning on adopting a kid?!), so she wasn't surprised. Still, it left her feeling rather unsatisfied about the whole thing.

spaceAdam was the obvious solution. He was properly enthusiastic about most everything she needed him to be, didn't ask too many questions, and never pressured her. He would absolutely keep it a secret, because in spite of not knowing the details of her past, he was always exceptionally understanding of her peculiarity and her boundaries. If she told him Ciaran couldn't know, Ciaran wouldn't know. Of course, the trick was having the conversation where the older man wasn't eavesdropping. But if they were really that slow, she bet she could talk Kenny's da into letting her kidnap Adam for a lunch break.

spaceThe blonde entered the shop with a grin, holding up her mobile just as it chimed.
                                                          "You are so lucky I'm not busy right now," she declared cheerfully, flouncing over to the man in question with a snort. "And that I wanted to see you anyway." She opened the most recent text, rolling her eyes. He was so dramatic sometimes. Then again, so was she, which was why they made such good friends. She really ought to get him and Jesse to hang out more; the lot of them could probably drive Elli up the wall. That'd be funny. "Is Da in the back room? Tell him you're gonna take a break, I'm famished and I need protein, not sugar." Sugar, she'd like... later. She heard a faint murmur of agreement from Persephone, and snorted. A few months ago the other couldn't stand sweets, now she was as bad as Jojo. Which made sense; they had the same taste buds. It was honestly more confusing that she'd had a different opinion for any period of time. But then again, Lysandar had always thought of sweets of any sort as a useless frivolity. What a lamearse.... For being a psychopathic murderer, he was incredibly boring, now that she thought about it.

xxxι ρяσмιѕє тσ муѕєℓf αℓσиє αи∂ иσ σиє єℓѕє
                                                          xxxxxxму fℓαмє ιѕ яιѕιиg нιgнєя - ι αм тнє fιяє
                                                          xxxxxxxxxι αм вυяиιиg вяιgнтєя яσαяιиg ℓιкє α ѕтσям
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxαи∂ ι αм тнє σиє ι'νє вєєи ωαιтιиg fσя
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxѕ¢яєαмιиg ℓιкє α ѕιяєи αℓινє αи∂ вυяиιиg вяιgнтєя

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Adam wasted exactly three seconds to drop the broom and go rushing over to Jojo as she entered just barely restraining himself from bundling her into a gigantic bear hug. But he knew she sometimes needed boundaries so he merely gave her the biggest smile he had to offer while childishly sticking out his tongue, he could basically read her thoughts about how much of a drama queen he was and he could care less. "Let's be real here, when are you ever busy?I'm pretty sure the only reason you can't answer my texts at work is cos of that wonky signal thing that you told me about." he told her with snicker. He never asked, though he sometimes really really wanted to, about whatever had happened in her past to make her...Jojo but whatever it was had left her with a rather nervous nature. Which was actually hilarious considering how she dressed and looked but as that age old saying goes,ya can't really judge. All he knew was that her home life before Kenny and Ciaran had been s**t (which he understood all too well) and now she was slowly getting better and even got a job at some fancy smhancy music store which was amazing since he's heard her sing (ok so like hum a little to the radio but that was certainly more musical than him) and he thought that a store that was filled primarily with instruments would do better than something soul crushing like retail. Adam didn't stop to think about her request (he was more than willing and it wasn't like it never happened) before nodding and going in the back where Ciaran was still arguing with the program on the radio but now folding his chocolate into molds. "Hey Mr. Ci, Jojo came by and demanded I feed her, 's it alright if I take a lil' break?" he asked with an innocent blinding smile. Which was wasted considering the baker didn't even look up from his creations towards him. "Yeah yeah, jus' be sure ta be back before four-t'irty. 'Cides, Shirley jus' came in t'e back way an' can cover t'e fron' while yer go-NOW WHY'D YA GO AN' TELL'ER T'AT FOR?! NOW SHE'LL T'INK THA' EVERY GUY IS AF'ER HER AS A PITY DATE YA BUGGERIN' TWATS!" he randomly yelled at the talk show being broadcast. Adam had long learned to just ignore any yelling that wasn't getting sent his way and had in fact left to go hang up his apron after being told when to come back. He gave his older co-worker a wave (and a hair tousle to her third youngest who usually stayed in the back with homework and a book until her husband came off his shift) before making sure he had his wallet (and running back to get it) and meeting back up with Jojo in the front. "So! What do ya feel like? Our usual haunt or something different?"

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:44 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAdam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceJojo scoffed at Adam, pretending to be offended as she clutched her phone to her heart. "I am a very busy person, I will have you know!" she declared, sniffing lightly and turning her nose up. "I work a real job like a responsible adult, and I do not slack off or waste time, thank you very much." Truthfully, the shop wasn't horrendously busy, customer-wise. It was located in Hogsmeade and had to compete with the shop in Diagon Alley, which was most people's preferred shopping district. When you could apparate or floo wherever you needed to go, convenience of location wasn't much of a thing. That said, they got enough traffic from Hogwarts students and various hobbyists that she was rarely completely bored. She might work slowly to drag out a task from time to time, but there was always something to do. Tuning instruments and putting out new stock, organizing the back room, whatever. Personally, Jojo liked it when it was slow. Sometimes, it gave her a second to play with the instruments. She would be lying if she said she didn't sometimes take it upon herself to tune things just so she could practice with them. And when there was legitimately nothing to do, there were always some drums to fiddle with. She liked the drums.

spaceShe half-followed Adam to the back, lingering in the store's main room as she listened in. Jojo swore, she'd never understand Ciaran's obsession with those stupid talk shows. But, then again, she had little to no interest in drama. She'd had more than enough of that, thanks very much. As Adam returned to the front, she crossed her arms, once again pretending to look offended.
                                                          "I didn't ask you to buy my lunch," she said pointedly. "I have money, I can get my own food. This is me doing you a favor by rescuing you from your boredom, remember?" To punctuate, she blew a raspberry at him, skipping ahead a few steps to push the shop's door open with her bum as she faced her friend. "I don't care, I'm hungry enough to eat a dragon." For a second, she wondered if that qualified as a slip. But, dragons were pretty well known in pop culture, so not really. It wasn't like she'd said 'hungry enough to eat a Hungarian Horntail' or something.

space"I am too hungry to make decisions. I just want food in front of me. You don't have to pay for my meal, buuuut..." Her face scrunched up, resembling a petulant child. "I might make you order for me." Really, she was exaggerating just a little. But she had no opinion whatsoever so making him order her food might be easier in the long run. It wasn't like he'd pick something she hated. She didn't think. Suerly he knew her well enough by now that she didn't have to worry about that.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:55 pm
User Image
User Image

Adam merely rolled his eyes at his friends faked dramatics as he put his stuff away to get ready for their impromptu lunch. He did however feel guilty for his wording of taking her to lunch, even if she tried to lessen it by throwing him a raspberry. "I know, you're right, and I'm sorry for saying otherwise. Forgive your lowly squire who's brain was temporarily turned to mush from utter boredom." he apologized with a small smile but still slightly guilty. He knew how it felt to have what you had or didn't have thrown into your face and felt like kicking himself for doing it to his friend. So he tried to think of a place that was quick but close enough to make it up to her and looked around at the places near them.

Ciaran's shop was surrounded by tourist trap restaurants that only served "traditional Irish foods" made by people he was sure only made a traditional meal once a year when their in-laws were visiting and even then probably ordered in. Thankfully though there were still a few small gems scattered among them that he knew they liked and even a few non-traditionals that the small town just started accepting. He remembered reading about the town meeting in secondary about all the voting it took just to get a McDonald's in around the early 2000's. And that crap was everywhere! Guh, now he was hungry for a burger. Ooo, maybe a milkshake too..."You know, we haven't been to Taverns in a while, lets go there. I'm starting to crave a burger." Adam suggested already walking towards the family owned-establishment. Much like 90% of Kenmare, it was owned by a family that had owned it since probably the time of their ancestors and had yet to change anything about the place, interior or exterior. The inside wasn't bad, the outside though could do with a fresh coat of paint but really, as long as they kept making burgers and chips the way they did, who really needed to see the all the letters?

He held the door open for her without question and led them over to a small booth thankful for the casual "seat yourself" atmosphere and immediately began perusing the menu to pinpoint exactly which burger he wanted. When the teen waitress (he wanted to say niece but it could easily be the owner's youngest daughter) came to ask for their drinks he remembered Jojo's mention that he might have to order for her and quickly grinned. "Two milkshakes please, I'll have vanilla and my friend will have a strawberry please." Adam turned back to his friend once the young girl had left with his grin still in place. "I know you said I might have to order your food buut, milkshakes are sorta like food, right?" Well he thought they were. Totally food.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:16 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxAdam
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExcited

spaceJojo had meant it when she said she didn't care where they ate, so she simply nodded in agreement when he suggested Taverns. It was close enough that walking there wouldn't take long, and therefore she wouldn't have to wait super long to share her big news. She followed him inside, settling in the booth across from Adam. She glowered at him slightly when he said milkshakes were food. "If I was just going to eat sweets we could've stayed at the candy shop," she pointed out dryly. "And that would've been free. Milkshakes aren't food, they're an unholy combination of dessert and beverage made almost entirely of sugar." One might take her use of the word 'unholy' as an insult, but she didn't mean it as such. She did think they were evil, but quite frankly Jojo had faced far worse evil in her life and it had ******** right off (on the end of her boyfriend's knife, but no need to get into that). Point being, milkshakes were only evil in that she tended to drink them too fast and get a brain freeze, and in that she would rather like to continue fitting into her current wardrobe.

spaceShe inhaled deeply, slouching in the booth.
                                                          "Hurry up and pick something, she's bringing the milkshakes and I can't talk to you if you've got your face in a menu," the blonde whined, nudging his leg under the table with her foot. All he wanted was a burger, how hard could that be? Of course, the place did have its fair share of burger toppings and condiments, and a build your own menu if you were really particular. After a faint huff, she added, "I want an egg on mine," and slouched further, sliding down in her seat like a child. 'Behavior like this is why Elliott and Jesse think you're crazy for getting married,' Persephone whispered, and Jojo shushed her dramatically. 'Elliott and Jesse are commitmentphobic arsehats who're just too co-dependent to ever break up,' she replied, and then chose to ignore Persephone trying to explain how that didn't make sense. It didn't matter if it made sense or not, it was bloody true. She would know, she knew them better than almost anyone, except each other and Elli's brother.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Yukina101

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:25 pm
User Image
User Image

Adam pouted at Jojo and her dissent about milkshakes, even if she wasn't actively saying no to her own."Ciaran only does them for like, a week at most in the summer. He says their too messy, which I can't help but see the irony of that when the many has anywhere from ten to fifty splotches of something on his shirt or apron by the end of the day." Plus The Tavern served them year round which was just grand in his books and they even did a free refill of it if you stayed long enough. He raised an eyebrow at her impatience to talk to him (wasn't that what they had been doing anyway?) and even going so far as to childishly slouch in her seat as he took his time which may or may not have been adorable and had his hands not been full with a menu he would've snapped a picture to send to her boyfriend. With a witty snapcaption of course. The uni student finally decided on the mini slider meal and hastily adding that he wanted no mayo and a substitute of sweet potato fries. Once the girl had taken their orders and their menus Adam placed his elbows on the tables holding his chin aloft and fluttered his eyelashes. "Ok, you have my complete and undivided attention." He didn't even turn when their server returned with their milkshakes and kept his eyes on Jojo as he grabbed his own and took a sip.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                              мαувє σиє ∂αу уσυ ωιℓℓ υи∂єяѕтαи∂ тнαт
                                              ι ωαит иσтнιиg fяσм уσυ вυт тσ ѕωєєтℓу нσℓ∂ уσυя нαи∂
                                              тιℓ тнαт ∂αу נυѕт ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т вє ѕσ ∂σωи
                                              ∂σи'т мαкє fяσωиѕ уσυ ѕιℓℓу ¢ℓσωи

spaceAnandi opened the door for Julius, wondering briefly if he would be bothered by that before deciding to ignore it. She wasn't sure just how traditional his family was with regards to such things, but she imagined they were the sorts who thought a boy should hold the door open for a girl, not the other way around. But this was her (not) Da's shop, and she'd invited him to meet her here. Besides, he ought to know by now that she wasn't exactly a traditionalist herself, and be used to her acting in ways that defied the norms he'd been raised with. Aware she was probably overthinking things, she waited until he entered, then followed him inside, and pushed the entire train of thought aside.

spaceThe scent of the candy shop never failed to make her smile, chocolate and sugar and taffy assaulting her senses until all she could think about was how badly she wanted something sweet. Of course, she'd been making something of a calculated move, choosing this location for their meeting. She was hoping that getting some chocolate in Julius would put him in a good mood, and thus make him more receptacle to what she had to say.
                                              "C'mon," she said, ignoring all sense of protocol and taking him right behind the counter. "If you don't see anything you like out here, there's more stuff in the back. Probably some experimental stuff, too, if you're feeling brave." She grinned slightly, and wondered what sort of nonsense Ciaran was working on at the moment. Hopefully something interesting. Not that she was here for that, but she always liked trying his new recipes. She'd sort of hoped he and her father would move in together properly before she graduated so she could get a little bit of living with the man and his kitchen habits, but she'd settle for being given free reign over the back counter of the shop.

נυѕт, ¢σмє αи∂ σρєи υρ уσυя fσℓ∂ιиg ¢нαιя иєχт тσ мє
                                              му fєєт αяє вυяιє∂ ιи тнє ѕαи∂ αи∂ тнєяє'ѕ α вяєєzє
                                              тнєяє'ѕ α ѕнα∂σω - уσυ ¢αи'т ѕєє му єуєѕ
                                              αи∂ тнє ѕєα ιѕ נυѕт α ωєттєя νєяѕισи σf тнє ѕкιєѕ

wнere - Ciaran's Shop - Front Room
                                              wнen - Afternoon - Summer 2041
                                              wιтн - Julius
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

murruelecreuset

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Seventh Year Slytherin Prefect
Family Heir - Engaged

Location : Sticky Wicket Sweets Shop (Summer 2041)

Julius wasn’t sure how to handle what was going on at home. He knew that his parents made a decision but everything seemed different. Walking passed his brother’s bedroom only to see that he wouldn’t be there was odd. Like a part of the family was missing. Still he couldn’t think that way. Not in front of his parents and definitely not in front of Caleb. His brother would never let him live it down.

It was a no brainer when Anandi asked for him to meet her at the Sticky Wicket Sweets. Julius couldn’t say he’d been there before, but his parents didn’t seem to care. For starters he was an adult by the ministries standards and they knew nothing about Anandi being lesser company. Regardless he needed a reason to get out of the house. Why not let Anandi be that reason? She was a good friend and was always a help when he needed someone with decent advice.

Anandi held the door open for him upon arrival. Julius wasn’t overly bothered by it. When you were betrothed to someone like Chrysanthemum it was hard not to just let some traditions lay. His first thought upon entering the shop was how bright and colorful it was. Not surprising given it was a candy shop. Following her to behind the counter, he silently tried to figure her out. “Experimental…? Do I even want to know?” He questioned. “And, who was it again that you know that gets us exclusive access to the back?”

Status : Escaping Home Life / Content
                                                  Company : Anandi

OOC : - - -

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

мαувє σиє ∂αу уσυ ωιℓℓ υи∂єяѕтαи∂ тнαт
                                              ι ωαит иσтнιиg fяσм уσυ вυт тσ ѕωєєтℓу нσℓ∂ уσυя нαи∂
                                              тιℓ тнαт ∂αу נυѕт ρℓєαѕє ∂σи'т вє ѕσ ∂σωи
                                              ∂σи'т мαкє fяσωиѕ уσυ ѕιℓℓу ¢ℓσωи

spaceDespite the serious nature of the conversation she wanted to have with him, Anandi found herself giggling at Julius' apparent discomfort. And the fact that he couldn't remember who she knew in the shop, which was everyone. It sort of reminded her of her Papa, which... well, they did say people tended to be attracted to those that reminded them of their parental figures. She supposed she was fortunate she was attracted to someone similar to her father, and not her mother. "I know everyone," she said brightly. "But most importantly, the owner. Ciaran is my Not-Da. In that he's dating my father but has yet to ask him to marry him, despite myself and his daughter dropping several very heavy-handed hints that he should get on with it, already." She sighed, somewhat dramatically. It was seemingly out of character for her to be so theatrical, but she'd spent enough time around Caty that it tended to happen at times. Specifically when talking about their idiot fathers inability to get on with things.

spaceAs always, Anandi went straight towards the chocolates, eyeing the inventory with interest.
                                              "What do you like? What sort of flavors? Ciaran likes to get... inventive, sometimes, so there's probably a little bit of anything you can think of sitting around." Personally, Anandi was looking for anything with a hint of spice in it. She always liked the sweet-and-spicy combinations, something she knew Ciaran was well aware of. She'd suspected that some of the newer offerings of that sort were because of her, in fact, though she wasn't quite brave enough to ask him outright, not wanting to show her hand if she was reading too much into things. Meanwhile, she had no clue what her friend would like, but she hoped they found something soon. She wanted him good and buttered up so they could discuss his impending marriage. And what a disaster it was going to be if he was stupid enough to go through with it.

נυѕт, ¢σмє αи∂ σρєи υρ уσυя fσℓ∂ιиg ¢нαιя иєχт тσ мє
                                              му fєєт αяє вυяιє∂ ιи тнє ѕαи∂ αи∂ тнєяє'ѕ α вяєєzє
                                              тнєяє'ѕ α ѕнα∂σω - уσυ ¢αи'т ѕєє му єуєѕ
                                              αи∂ тнє ѕєα ιѕ נυѕт α ωєттєя νєяѕισи σf тнє ѕкιєѕ

wнere - Ciaran's Shop - Front Room
                                              wнen - Afternoon - Summer 2041
                                              wιтн - Julius
                                              - ooc -
                                              blah blah blah

murruelecreuset

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:03 pm
User Image
                                                  ╔═══════════════════════════╗
                                                  Brianna Overton
                                                  Gryffindor Alumna - Twenty Four - Muggleborn - Pest Sub-Division
                                                  Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures

╚═══════════════════════════╝

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

Brianna was stuck on babysitting duties. She supposed ‘stuck’ may not be the correct term since she had volunteered to take care of Charlotte as her brother and his wife deserved a day off. They were both young and working extra hard with raising their first child and running their own businesses. Besides, if Bree didn’t start hanging out with Charlotte alone, how would the baby know who the cool aunt was? And what kind of a cool aunt would she have been had she not taken the child out to a candy store? Of course, she had run this idea by the parents first considering Brianna had no idea what kind of sweets were appropriate to give babies. Through asking, she discovered that cupcakes or ice cream would not pose any problems. Having been to Sticky Wicket Sweets before, Bree knew they had a lot of options for children over and under the age of five.

“I’ll get a single chocolate cupcake aaaand – errrrm – a slice of apple amber, please,” she ordered after pondering over the menu for a moment. Brianna much preferred fruit over candy although she did enjoy both, so she figured she’d order a fruity pastry for herself. The chocolate cupcake, on the other hand, would probably be a safe bet for Charlotte as well. Reaching into her purse, she fiddled inside of it looking for 7 Euros, and then presented them to the clerk. Once Brianna had paid, she moved herself and the stroller carrying Charlotte out of the way so the next gentleman in line could order for himself.

I've got a f e e l i n g you could use a little smile, h o p i n g you could stay there for just a little while.
                                                  Makin' a lot of n o i s e up there, t h r o w your hands up in the air.

Winsome Fey

Shopping in the UK

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces