Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Law Office of Tobi Fallrein ~ London, England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:25 pm
User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

The Law Office of Tobi Fallrein is a small law firm owned and marginally operated by Tobi Fallrein. The office is situated about three blocks away from the Ministry of Magic and offers an array of services to both the Ministry as well as the general magical populace. The office consists of a small waiting room with a password protected floo and a magically expanded office for Tobi to meet with potential and current clients.

Business hours are usually between 8am and 7pm since Tobi has a family and children he'd like to see and ultimately tuck into bed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:36 pm
Sᴇʀᴠɪᴄᴇs Oғғᴇʀᴇᴅ

Tobi offers defensive services in the face of Ministry or personal allegations against a client but does also offer personal law services in the face personal lawsuits such as broken contracts, neighbor spats, restraining orders, etc. He is also licensed to officiate weddings and notarize wedding certificates.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:52 pm
Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Lᴀᴡʏᴇʀꜱ

Tobi Fallrein
Gideon Reid
Diantha Warlow

══════════════════════════════════════════

Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ Pʀᴏsᴘᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇ Cʟɪᴇɴᴛs

Current Clients:
That list is classified, rude.

Prospective Clients:

If you wish to be represented please first send a letter detailing the service needed along with the backstory of why it's needed. If your service letter is accepted you will be sent back a letter with the time of your appointment. At the appointment is when Tobi will make the final say of whether or not he will take your case. Please be honest and forthright; he cannot help you if you withhold information or worse, lie.
[b]Name:[/b] (Name of character with profile link)
[b]Age:[/b] (Must be 17 years or older to legally require service unless under special circumstance)
[b]Service needed:[/b] (What service is needed)
[b]Background:[/b] (General basics of why it's needed. Only use specifics if needed, details will be gone over at the appointment)

**In Training

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

ℱ𝓸𝓻𝓶𝒆𝓻 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓸𝓻 𝓓𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℛ𝓱𝔂𝓼 ℬ𝓵𝓪𝓴𝒆

Gideon had spent the summer recovering from his spinal surgery, and since that was a surprisingly boring activity, he'd also been studying up on Law. Sure, he didn't have to go to university and pass a massive exam to become a lawyer in the wizarding world, but it was still great to have a full study built up. Luckily, Gid had a wonderful boyfriend with a penchant for finding very helpful books, so he was never without something to review. In fact, he'd ended up taking notes, piling them all together to rival even Rhys' Transfiguration notebook. Finally, toward the end of summer, he felt not only confident enough to go for an interview, but recovered enough to handle the trip and a day in London.

On the day he'd decided to meet with the owner of what he'd discovered to be the best magical law firm anywhere around. His mum, still being off work for summer holidays, drove him up to London after he donned a very spiffy suit. He rolled over to the building and inside, taking a moment to collect his thoughts before boarding the lift. He took it to the correct floor, then wheeled off, staring at the door dead ahead. It was the one with the name of his (hopeful) future boss, so he scooted over and knocked, hoping he wasn't interrupting an important meeting or anything as he straightened his tie.

Yukina101

Tʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ɪs ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ, ɪᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘs ᴍᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ. Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ꜰʀᴏᴍ sᴛᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
I ᴀᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs, I ᴀᴍ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ʙᴇsᴛ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ
Tʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ. I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅᴇᴅ, I'ᴍ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ
I sᴛɪʟʟ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ
I'ᴍ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴ' ᴏɴ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ʜᴀɴɢɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ... 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝒶𝒾𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝑜𝓀𝒶𝓎...

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:06 pm
I've been grinding so long, been trying this s**t for years
And I got nothing to show, just climbing this rope right here
And if there's a man upstairs, he kept bringing me rain
But I've been sending up prayers and something's changed
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image

FatherMarried Knower of OcculumencyIllegitimate Nott

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi was totally not asleep at his desk. Because that would be highly unprofessional. And because if Marius caught him asleep at his desk asleep again he was promised a whole lot of pain and suffering. Along with the no sex. Which should technically count in the pain and suffering part but his husband could be especially cruel and merciless. It was partly the reason he fell in love with the angry man. Thankfully he was woken up not by his unreasonably angry attractive husband but by an owl landing on him and pecking at his head until he woke up. Which, in case anyone has said otherwise, is not a pleasant way to wake up from a midmorning nap. He scowled up at the bird after waving it away from his head and took the mail it offered as well as his own two fingered bird as it flew out an open window. Rubbing his eyes and yawning he opened the letter to see another bit of correspondence from a would-be client. If he was stupid of course. There was no way he was getting involved in this legal ********. Even if the pay they were offering was..one....three...well. Maybe he was about to get involved with a legal ********. If they paid upfront. He was writing back with his expressly hypothetical help when he heard a knock at his down and frowned. He didn't have a client meeting until noon. At least that's what his calendar said. And it usually yelled at him if he forgot. Tobi buttoned his vest back as he walked over to the door and opened it to find a young man in a wheelchair. He wasn't entirely sure which was more surprising; the guy who looked like he was barely out of school or the fact that he was in a wheelchair but obviously magical. Then he realized he'd been staring and promptly backed away from the doorway so the kid could get in."Sorry for starin', come on in." Tobi told him with a sheepish grin closing the door behind him. "So! Wha' can I do for ya? I don' ge' many drop-ins so i' mus' be somewha' importan'."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX╚═══════════════════╝

Miss GryffindorK

I think I finally found my hallelujah
I've been waiting for this moment all my life
Now all my dreams are coming true, ya
I've been waiting for this moment

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gideon stared at the door, feeling his heart race in his chest. What were those calming techniques Rhys taught him?! Oh lordy this was going to be hard. Finally the door opened, so Gid looked at the man, trying to figure out if he looked like he'd just woken up or if he was going for the windswept hairstyle. Finally, they realized they were staring at each other, rather than actually talking, and luckily for Gid, Tobi spoke first. He apologized for staring, and honestly, Gid didn't blame the man a bit. He'd gotten funny looks around Diagon too, and hell, even people around his hometown looked at him weird. Whatever. "It's alright, I know it's weird to have some guy in a wheelchair come visit." He flushed, wanting to facepalm and hide in a hole all at once. Instead, he scooted into the office, wheeling over to the desk for what he hoped would be a successful interview.

Tobi mentioned that he was a drop-in, and Gid felt his nerves returning harder. Damn it! He even knew he'd forgotten something! ******** what if he didn't get this job?! "Mmm yea, sorry about that... I meant to send an owl last week... but I don't own an owl and couldn't make it to London to go to the post office..." Dammit he had to calm down! He took a deep breath, then continued. "My name's Gideon Reid and, well, I was hoping to apply to work with you. I've been in love with the study of law since I was little, since my dad's a lawyer, though a muggle one. I-I studied a lot, and took Wizard Law too. I got an O on both OWLs and NEWTs for the course." He grinned, hoping above all hope that this was going better than he was envisioning it. To him it seemed like a bloody trainwreck. He wanted to mention he'd be up and walking around before too awful long, but was pretty sure it didn't quite go with the conversation, at least now. Maybe if the older male asked about it...

Yukina101

Tʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴄʟᴏᴄᴋ ɪs ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛ, ɪᴛ ʜᴇʟᴘs ᴍᴇ sʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ. Mᴀʏʙᴇ ɪᴛ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴏᴘ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ ꜰʀᴏᴍ sᴛᴇᴀʟɪɴɢ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
I ᴀᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴜʙᴛs, I ᴀᴍ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ʙᴇsᴛ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ
Tʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ʟᴏᴄᴋs ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ. I ᴛʀɪᴇᴅ ᴍʏ ʙᴇsᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɢᴜᴀʀᴅᴇᴅ, I'ᴍ ᴀɴ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ɪɴsᴛᴇᴀᴅ
I sᴛɪʟʟ sᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇꜰʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ᴘᴜʀᴘᴏsᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ sᴛɪʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴋɪɴɢ ꜰᴏʀ ʟɪꜰᴇ

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:45 pm
User Image

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi visibly winced at the young man's choice of words concerning his wheelchair but wasn't so obtuse to try and apologize a second time. The guy probably had enough of that already; definitely didn't want to add to it. As he went back to his desk he eyed the man noting he seemed rather nervous about something. Was he being sued? That could definitely make the kid nervous. Maybe it was a personal injury lawsuit. He hadn't really done any of those. Well not from the attacking side more from the "they were drunk and still came to work" side. He gave a slow blink as the kid started rambling on about how he was going to send an owl but he didn't own one and blibbity blahblah before he finally got to the real reason he was there. And he had to give a slight smile so he wouldn't start cackling. He'd been waiting for a fresh faced newbie to come stumbling through his door to help with his steadily rising business. Though maybe he had put some bad karma into the universe when he specified "stumbling." "Firs' off, glad my place was the firs' you've come to. I'm assumin' o'course, please don' burst my bubble." Tobi told him with a joking wink. "Secon', I'm goin' ta need to see documentation o'yer OWL's an' NEWT's, purely for recor' keepin' an', yaknow, ta make sure yer no' lyin'. Not tha' I'm sayin' ya are, but ya know, appearances. Third, I'ma need a bit more motivation from you than jus' 'm'dad was a lawyer' an' all tha'. I'm a lawyer an' I gotta kid tha' wan's ta be a dentist an' ano'her I'm sure woul' be happy runnin' a punk rock cat shelter. So tell me, Gideon Reid; why the hell do you wan' ta be a lawyer?" Tobi sat back in his chair with a skeptical look and crossed arms while on the inside he was still cackling. Let's see what bollocks this guy was hiding.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gideon felt a bit stupid when Tobi looked uncomfortable at his mention of his wheelchair. Stupid, stupid! He figured he'd blown his chances sky high as he watched Tobi sit. Hopefully he could push aside his nerves and salvage this whole thing. If he didn't he'd have to figure out something, since he was needing money on the hopes of moving out... and proving he'd matured. He didn't want to forever be stuck living with his parents because he wasn't adult enough to get on out... though spinal surgery had a good excuse.

When Tobi spoke, Gid felt relief in that his first words were a thanks. That was a good sign, right? The second was that he'd need to verify OWLs and NEWTs, which caused Gid to nod. He had brought a copy in case Tobi needed them, though he was a bit embarrassed because he had a couple failing grades. Nonetheless, he pulled out the papers and offered them over to the man. The third thing... was to prove his motivation? He grinned when Tobi spoke about his kids, one wanting to be a dentist... and the other wanting a punk rock cat shelter? What sweet action was a punk rock cat shelter? "In regards to the first, you're the only one I've looked at thus far, take that as you will. Second, there's a copy of my grades for each year, for your records, of course. Third," he paused to grin, "Third is my favorite. See, ever since I was a toddler, I used to go to work with dad, that escalated to me dressing up all dapper and sitting at his office pretending to be a lawyer. When I hit primary school, I realized that arguing kids got in trouble, but those that could debate like a lawyer often avoided trouble.. and occasionally baffled the teacher. But it was in my final year of Primary before Hogwarts that I used that knowledge to help someone else. She was getting bullied, which was something I'd always struggled with... Well, long story short, she snapped and the bully ended up trying to get her in trouble. I managed to talk her out of trouble and get the other kid there suspended. That was when it cemented, I guess. As soon as I found out I'd be going to Hogwarts, I was upset because you can't get into uni on a magical school's transcript."

He sighed, trying to pace out his winded tale before resuming. "Then after getting there and befriending an older kid, I realized there was such a thing as magical law and my school views turned on end. The second I got my requests for third year, I signed up for law and we went to Diagon... and I remember asking the bookstore clerk for every magical law book they had in the shop. Since then, I've been studying all the law books I could get my hands on, both magical and muggle... in preparation for this very day." He offered a nervous grin, hoping hie nervous rambling hadn't scared the man away from considering him. It had been a hard enough struggle just to just coax his nerves into letting him come here, but to actually be halfway through an interview was a very, very different situation. He hoped his nerves wouldn't have Tobi deny him, as people in law had to be level-headed, but he could be... just not in his very first interview ever.

Yukina101

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:39 am
User Image

╔═══════════════════╗

Tobi took the offered copy silently impressed that the guy had thought ahead, especially since he remembered himself at that age,
                                              and listened with rapt attention to his spiel. He thought it was the father in him that wanted to coo at the thought of the young man pretending to play lawyer with his dad and perhaps thought of his own sons and their usual pretend playings for a brief second. Though honestly out of all fo them Heath had to be the one he was most worried about considering his appeal to heights and death-defying ventures. He was then brought back to the present by a loud sigh and hearing the young man continue his tale. Good lord he asked for a reason not his life's story. He finally finished and though he was rather twitchy his argument was rather sound, and wasn't that all he really needed? That and a thorough background check. "Well, Reid was i'? Well Mr. Reid I gotta say tha' I think you're exactly wha' I'm lookin' for. If your backgroun' check clears, then you can star'..hmm...Monday's a goo' place. Jus' so you know, you won' be flyin' solo in a courtroom fer a while bu' you'll be observin' o' even sittin' secon' chair in a few o' my upcoming cases. Though jus' because you won' be doin' th' excitin' par's doesn' mean you won' be workin'. Buuuu' we'll talk more abou' tha' later. Come back th' res' o' th' week so we can ge' ya settled an' then we can talk abou' yer real work, alrigh'?" Tobi leaned forward slightly over his desk to offer the guy a handshake and a grin.

Miss GryffindorK

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games