Milestones
and
limitations

I see myself as a lot of things; either good or terrifying. Even if it's from a nightmare or dream. I can be model of heroism, of bravery, courage, kindness, "Hope"; though I could also be a model of fear, war, terror, The End.

Determination and empathy is what we all need, it's what our world would want us to have. I've claimed responsibility for causing 1/3 of the exact opposite in 1944-1945, yet I was given a pass for aiding the Allies. A third of the prisoners felt my inhumanity and only half of them saw my humanity; yet to this day their emotions carried on even to their children's children. I have no regrets even though those of kind-hearted believed that I live with regret even after their passing, they want to believe. I accepted all responisibilities, whether morally or mentally; I accepted. "It's all for research," the only false truth I can give as an answer to any "why" questions, when I was actually afraid of being caught stealing documents from the Axis powers.

Befriending prisoners is a bitter sweet idea for any common reasons, using them to create distractions and in return I "promised" their freedom; if only I could. All for freedom yet dread lingers everytime I plan on stealing more files, so when a shot is heard, I tremble in anguish; but only my heart felt like it sank and my body did not. There isn't a moment where I don't remember the faces of those men who were willing to do what it takes to help their bretheren and set them free.

Auschwitz, Poland, 1944-1945. A time in history where I had my first look into human research, their anatomy, their psychology, etc. I also began my research in recovering what the nazi party stole from the world; I became bored on my 10th expedition, but gained interest in interrogation and human limitation from finding leads on the artifacts they stole. Six hundred and twenty one prisoners, fourteen prisoner agents, twenty one former nazi soldiers during interrogations, and fourteen former nazi officers with stolen artifacts; a total of six hundred and sixty six dead during my course, 666, I may be close to being the devil even though I'm not really like him. From here on out, I will always hate this number; even if it's just numbers.

I began my research on human limits but then I began writing theories of applying the same methods I used on humans and wanting to use it on an immortal being and finding their limits. Yet there are no such thing as an immortal beings or a god no less.

I postponed my research on immortal beings and began another research into dimentional doors. Locating former german scientists and allied researchers within a month was stressful and only a handful of those who's field into physics, rocketry, and particles were willing to help me in my research. Then we found one dimentional door and looking inside it, it felt like a world of fantasy from the pictures we took with the drone we sent in. They opted we sent in a soldier or at least a willing subject to go through the door, I quickly volunteered but they didn't want to risk me having to go in since they claimed I may have no experience in combat. I told them that I actually came from 2041, they laughed, but then I showed them a device that would turn their mockery into shock; they believed me now. Five years of being in the "real" German army and spending two years in Auschwitz, I was fully capable in adapting to life in a different timeline. Upon entering the door my research into dimentional doors ended and my previous research started once again.

Taking things into consideration, I had to put my research aside and start working on adapting to the culture and customs of this unfamiliar world. Places like these may have similar periodic elements, like similarities in the old days of human history or rather it may be like walking into a medieval fair except everything is real and the myths we've written are true. With that set in mind, there could be newly undiscovered minerals or periodic elements that we have yet to discover or create.

First of I need to set up a base of operation where I can set up a waypoint for the dimensional door to open for me to drop off any samples I find, but for the mean time this area will be a temporary placed for me to come by and drop off samples for the guys to take a good look at it. It may be pointless but to find a permanent location to open "the Door" is neccessary because if it's out in the open then almost anyone can open it. We're still not sure as to how we can create doors to other worlds, the lab is quite large since the design of the device is larger than we thought and the door frame mainly act as a medium to open up a way to another dimension. Coordinates were set for a certain location here, but until we've recieved a geological map of this world we'll just have to keep it as a theory. So as of this moment, I'll be living in an unknown world and making camp near the Door. If house hunting comes empty handed, we'll just have to build a house here and deal with any problems that may come from it.

Despite wearing clothes worn during the 1950s, people took me as a foreigner from a far away country, some mistook me to be an apprentice mage or student of magic due to the lab coat and backpack, though I've had this backpack ever since I came from 2041 and to them it looks like a satchel filled with potions or enchanted items.

Their language is somewhat similar to Gaelic but my initial thought is that it's not their native language since most of the words they say are a bit off, well they mostly mispronounce some words and some even add words from their language into the sentence, so communication is challenging even if I couldn't really get what they're saying to me in "Aenglish," after being asked by some of the city folks who approached me and by the merchants I visited though their pronounciations are better.

During my time in 1945 I did stole a few gold bars and a few other gold items after sanitizing them, but, as appreciation for some of the prisoners who helped me in the camp I repaid them for the troubles even though it wouldn't mean much to some of them. I do still have quite a fortune though; about 10 million dollars worth of gold items which is surprising that I was able to get away with committing a heist during WWII yet alone hiding it in my office at the officers' building. Currency in this world is different though they have more coin dollars or Haels as they call them and their printed money having more value but are around 10k, 50k, 100k Haels. Before heading here though, I told the scientists about how much gold I stole from the Nazis and after them explaining how much the equipment we need to build the Door generator and how finding a building for us to use as a lab would cost; I have about 10 gold bars in my possession. I have a feeling that I should've hired an accountant.

In exchange for four gold bars which weighs about 20lbs each I recieved about 900k in printed money, 55 Haels, and 10 coins, a small fortune for a beginner merchant if I ever plan on opening a magic shop; or a book store...

Night approaches but I wasn't able to set up camp near the Door's location so I found a place to stay at a popular local inn that charges about 300 Haels a night. A family owned inn with friendly atmosphere and a lot of adventurers come here for the ale or beer or whatever kind of beverage they serve though I couldn't really tell since I don't drink, I dislike alcohol but I do drink a pint rarely and I prefer hard apple cider which I don't think this world have had any alcohol made from apples; well not in this region I suppose. I should note that one of these days I'll have to change the term for the Door's "Location" since using that term makes it a bit difficult to understand; although I'm not sure if Door Frame works.

The next morning I headed back to the Door and although it's been about 18 hours since I arrived into this world, no one has discovered it and with that being said I decided to make things easier for me if I head back through the Door and get a camp kit to bring back as well as a few provisions that'll last for at least several weeks before I'm able to grow or hunt for food. As for making sure no one is able to see the Door in Fantasy world, I'll have to pay my old home a visit and get that dusty kamo tarp and maybe since it seems alright to be carrying a blade in the other world I guess it's time to bring my piece, hmmm an apprentice mage carrying a meter long custom claymore with the blade made from bronze and dense carbon alloy and a silicon fiber hilt which in the 20th century makes no sense since it's just imaginary but it worked for me even though in some missions I carried a modernized flintlock frame pistol with hollowpoint ammo for anyone who gets too close. Difficult for some since holding a huge single edge sword on one hand and a pistol on the other is hard to master, well not that anyone has tried even though Exos made it easier.

Armor should also be a concern but given the fact that they have mages or other similar classes, they would have magic shields and stuff though it would still be useful to have some armor under these clothes and luckily I still have my old combat gear, graphene wool laced with steel threads can stop a rifle round from medium and close range with the exception of feeling the impact even if the round couldn't go through the cloth, but, it can stop a blade or arrow so that's a win.

Now I'm happy that I've set a path for new research and such, but, I appreciate it if they just let me be the one to be in Fantasy world all by myself; oh how wrong I was. One of the other scientists was hanging out with friends and got a little too confident in keeping their drinking under control so now we've.... I've got a dozen scientists coming along with me, two of them are from the army and have gotten some combat training while the rest are civilian scientists ranging from botanist to environmental science and geologist.

I'm babysitting these people for all I can say, at least if we need to build a homestead, I have some people who can help build a house; I'm not saying that they've never picked up a hammer, I'm just saying if they want to be in a different world to do research in, they'll have to do the same thing I did when I first lived in their world... er... timeline... They'll have to adapt just as I have without using a lot from my timeline. Better safe than sorry; even though I'm responsible for creating a different dimension when I arrived in their timeline.