Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RP for 1x1 - RP Search and Ads
Shadow's List of Roleplays (Always Accepting)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Table of Contents:

Prologue: Introductions.

1. Expectations

2. RP genres/Pairings

3. Story Plots (If Any)

4. Possible Roleplay Sources/Links

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:37 pm

User Image

For anyone who has stumbled upon this page, welcome. I have done the whole searching through RPs multiple times. Whether it is because of boredom or if real life is not that great, roleplays can be a great escape. I am twenty-one years old going to be doing my last year of college...so it might be the year where I can roleplay fully before the adult life comes to me and I might be on my way....or not, it will honestly depend on what happens.

I am also explained as a 'respondent' Roleplayer as I respond as many as the other gives me. I also have a thing where I stopped having 'inspiration' so sometimes, out of random, I can lose inspiration and want to go somewhere else. But let's hope that doesn't happen again.

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:42 pm
User Image

With roleplaying comes expectations, with that I would like this.

- Someone who can play both male and females (Which roleplayers only doing females is the unfortunate demographics nowadays). But I want this because depending on the plots and pairings, I would like a flexible partner as it can help expand it.

- Now I would like someone that can post once a day unless noted. That means you let me know if something goes on in life, let me know. Or else I think you abandoned it. It's why in the last post, there will be some way to contact me outside of Gaia.

- Story wise, please do not make me push the story forward. I am guilty of this too (and should be notified if otherwise), as it is hard to continue the Rp when only one person is putting effort to the RP while the other just simply follows. What also counts is when your character does absolutely nothing. What do I mean? I mean when my character entices a conversation and your character just responds, not contributing to the conversation, nor to the RP at all. That is the easiest cause of me abandoning the RP (I even had to let the roleplayer know that they needed to contribute more and the Rper did nothing about it)

- So with that, I will add that I would like someone who is not afraid to explore. I put down ideas based on things I see, like Youtube. For some reason, JustKiddingNews is my best source for coming up with ideas...even a few video gaming people like Markiplier and jacksepticeye. So don't be afraid to come up with anything, even if it's slightly stupid...stupidity can sometimes make things funny. Even Manga (that you can read online for free) can give inspirations.

- I also ask posting lengthwise, you post a good two to three paragraphs, a paragraph can be defined as five to seven sentences. And depending where we post...you will have to provide the name of your character and the picture of your character in a post. It just helps me to remember what your creation looks like.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:04 pm
User Image

Now you guys might not be aware of how many genres there are! Of course, most of these genres can be combinations and most of the time these genres can be put in the bigger genres. What types? I'll tell ya.

Major Genres:

- Comedy
- Drama
- Adventure/Travel
- Religious/Mythological
- Historical Fiction
- Romance
- Satire
- Tragedy
- Horror
- Fantasy
- Science Fiction

Minor Genres:

- Adventure fiction: stories in which characters are involved in dangerous and/or exhilarating exploits

- Allegory: a story using symbolism to express truths about the human condition

- Bildungsroman: a story detailing the emotional and moral growth of a character

- Black comedy: a story in which the humor derives from the misfortunes and/or reproachable behavior of characters

- Comedy-drama: a story with both humorous and serious elements

- Comedy of errors (farce): a story involving energetic action revolving around humorous predicaments and coincidences

- Comedy of manners: a story that mocks class pretensions and/or prejudices

- Crime fiction: stories based on the commission and/or investigation of wrongdoing

- Detective fiction: stories in which the protagonist investigates a crime

- Epistolary fiction: stories constructed as a series of letters exchanged between characters

- Fictional biography: a story structured to resemble a factual life story

- Gothic fiction: stories often taking place in an isolated setting and involving strange and/or perilous happenings

- Magical Realism: a story where magical or unreal elements play a natural part in an otherwise realistic environment

- Melodrama: a story that emphasizes action over characterization and features exaggeratedly dramatic plot elements

- Mythopoeia: a fiction piece where characters from religious mythology, traditional myths, folklores and history are recast into a re-imagined realm created by the author.

- Picaresque: an episodically structured story featuring a rogue or an antihero as the protagonist

- Parody: a story mocking the pretensions or weaknesses of a particular author, style, or genre

- Screwball comedy: a fast-paced story involving improbable situations and antics from which the humor derives

- Swashbuckler: an adventure story in which the hero accomplishes great feats to aid a noble cause

- Tragicomedy: a story with both humorous and heartbreaking aspects

- Travelogue: a story with a plot centering on a significant amount of travel

It's surprising how many genres there are, and hopefully it can give you inspiration. Now due to how long this post will be, this part will be continued in the next post below

l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
l
V

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:28 pm
User Image

PART TWO

Now this post will be dedicated to Rp pairings, it's the big huge tool in how roleplays started. It is the main reason the story/plot is created in the first place. But of course, one has to find the perfect pairing. It is nearly impossible to get all the pairings but it's always good to know the possibilities after all. Remember, most of these pairings can be combined, feel free to imagine! Also, it's really hard to list every Rp Pairing that exists...like ever, so please bare with me. If there is three people in one pairing, that means two out of the three can be paired...remember...I had to research multiple threads so they are typed very differently:

Vampire x Human x Vampire Hunter
Teacher /Principal x Student
Jock x Nerd x Rebel
Celebrity x Non Fan
Popular x Outcast
Rich x Poor
Kidnapper x Victim
Demon x Human x Demon
Master x Slave
Evil Lord x Princess x Knight
Elf Princess x Human Knight
Witch x Human
Goddess x Human
Angel x Human x Demon
Fallen Angel x Human x Fallen Demon
Werewolf x Human
God x Human x Devil
Good Girl x Bad Boy
Rebel x Nerd
Assassin x Princess
Male/Female Native x Female/Male Settler
Animal Guardian x Poacher
Stepbrother x Stepbrother x Stepsister
Survivor x Survivor
Male/Female Concubine x Servant Girl/Guy
Roommate x Roommate
Friend x Friend
Royalty X Mystical Creature
Royalty X Royalty
Royalty X Peasant
Royalty X Mage
Royalty X Knight/Warrior
Royalty X Maid/butler
Royalty X Captive/Prisoner of War
Knight/Warrior X Peasant
Traveler X Barmaid/Waiter
Traveler X Traveler
Traveler X Villian
Betrothed Villagers
Pirate/Commander X Captive/Stow Away
Pirate/Commander X Commander/Pirate
Pirate/Commander X Royalty
Pirate/Commander X Mystical Creature
Human X Mystical Creature
Mystical Creature* x Mystical Creature
Slayer X Mystical Creature
Band X Fan
Inner band relations
Band-Member X Manager
Model x Photographer
God/Known Mythological Deity (Grim Reaper) x Human

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:05 pm
User Image

Plot #1:

There has been much news of a mysterious vigilante who was so fast that no one can ever find him, or reveal the identity of the mysterious stranger. This stranger is known unfortunately to steal from the rich and politicians and the money is lost, or so some think.

A female reporter by the name of ________ soon finds the connection that the money stolen from the rich, famous, and politicians are being sent to low-income communities and charity organizations like the Cancer Society, and Dog Rescue Groups. The reporter makes a connection with that to a Modern Robin Hood, hidden from everyone to help the poor.

The female reporter, however, comes from a very rich family, in a way she did not want to depend on. One day she gets a call, from one of her parents who was retired, turned out that hired someone to help cook meals since most of the cooks are retired. She decided to go meet this person, turned out to be someone who was really young and the name being Jaylan Anker. What she did not know is that man in front of her was the 'Robin Hood' and his plan to steal from the family was going to be initiated.

((This can also be a male reporter as well, so this story can be a straight RP or a Yaoi RP))

Plot #2:

Vampires have been known to be very dangerous creatures and have no control of their bloodlust. It is unknown how Vampire children are born, but it is very rare since most Vampires are immortal. The only way to get a vampire baby is if the male goes after a female, the female bares the child, and the vampire female bites onto the child, replacing the human female's DNA with the vampire female's DNA.

Well, it one day happened, the vampires had chosen the wrong female. The female victim was the governor's daughter and her fate had caused an uproar with the humans. It took them a year to find the vampires and go on a manslaughter. Blood had spilled, and many vampire and human bodies piled together in a darkened forest. The humans had finally won, they celebrated their victory and the end of their fear of bloodsuckers.

That's what the humans think.

The vampires had lived on, but very few are alive...and they are trying to find the leader's daughter. Yes, the leader and his female were the ones to bring in the child. The child was missing for fourteen years, living in the forest like an animal...feeding on animals and drinking blood. That is what caused human fear, the death of their livestock by the loss of blood.

That is your duty, _________ is one of the hunters, whether he was the hunter that contribute to killing vampires eighteen years ago, the relative of those hunters, or just an apprentice. Either way, the vampire hunters have not been active since the killing, often going to bounty hunting work or law enforcement. But since there had been signs of vampires, __________ took the duty to find out who it was. It took ________ only a few days to find the source, a girl no older than seventeen years old. And her appearance was shocking as she resembled the governor's lost daughter, so she was taken to the human village, in hoping to somehow figure out how to make her human and lose the vampire characteristics. Once the news has spread about her appearance, the vampires want that girl back. The bloodsuckers had reassembled more people to their coven, and they want the human city to give her back.

Now it's another war between humans and vampires, but this time, there is no sure way to know who wins.

((Depending on the situation, the thing can be changed to a male vampire and the female human/vampire hunter finds him.))

Plot #3:

Summer Vacation, it is normally the best thing that kids can ever have. A break from school, a break from homework, and some...a break from the physical, mental, and emotional abuse from their peers.

Tristah is one of the victims. She used to be a fun-loving individual who did not let a small mishap become a mountain as she was the type to explore, have fun, and talk to strangers. But that was when she was in elementary school. Once she hit middle school and high school, her whole personality went through an 180. She ended up being reserved, wearing very baggy clothes, her face never smiled, and she mostly stayed in her room. Her parents were in shock, they found out she was bullied so badly. So badly one thought it only happened in the movies.

She has bruises and scratches to prove it. Her parents could do nothing but to try to find her a better school. And that was what they are trying to do. On her freshman year of high school, the parents had her go to their summer home while they were working on finding another school.

But they didn't know that one of the bullies also had a summer home there. Whether _______ was the main cause of the torture, a friend of the torturer, or just a bystander, _________ had contributed to the pain. He had everything for him; scholarships (whether athletic or intelligence), and many friends. The two of them would meet occasionally, and it is up to the both of them whether they will keep a very tense and hostile form between them, or if they can rehabilitate themselves to bring a better future.

Many things can happen in the summer time.

Plot #4:
Devansha is a student that is struggling to get through life. Her parents have died when she was really young, her grandparents are a bit abusive [Traditional Japanese] and the only time she is happy is if she does some rather 'bad' things. She hangs out with the wrong crowd and is homeless because she rather have it that way than live with people who don't want her around. It gets to the point where she decided to quit school because it was a waste of time and knew she had to work right away.

But her journey would get interrupted by her teacher, Mr.____________ who wants her to consider to continue her education. How? By trying to call her grandparents which are NOT what she wanted. Now to make sure the teacher does not call her grandparents, she begged him not to go back as she showed him the bruises as prove of the abuse. Mr._________ now would have no choice but to have her stay with him temporarily as to help her get out of the situation. But with her hanging out with the wrong crowd, it will be hard to go through an abuse case, followed by now a possible custody case since there is no other family.

Plot #5:

The war is finally over, and with that, it means the men who were out in the battlefield can now go home and return to their worry-stricken families. Peace has returned throughout the kingdoms, including Kagint in which is where the story will take place.

You were the higher ranked man in the army, a commanding officer who had led men through battle. Your reputation of your bruteness and lack of mercy has spread far and wide. And now since the war is over, you now have been ranked down to nothing but a babysitter to a royal ninny. The Princess who you are looking after had almost been kidnapped which is why your expertise in fighting was needed. But once you are able to meet the queen and king, you do not see the princess but instead a prince. Confused, you wonder where's the princess. Then you discover the Prince...is actually the Princess.

The Princess thinks she is a male and any convincing that her family tried to do was nothing but a failure. She dresses like a guy, acts like a guy, and sometimes thinks like a guy. You have your hands full with this interesting individual, as she wants to be free and trained to be a soldier. Would you try to convince her she is a girl and always will be? Or will you play along with her game, just to see where things will go?

Time will tick down, enemies will be coming for another attempt of attack, another war is possible, what you do during this tie of foreseeable danger will determine the outcome of you, the bodyguard, and the 'feminine prince'.

Plot #6:

A man by the name of Rantu was a student at a prestigious magic academy where only people with magic can attend. Mingan was known to be a very magical archer where his arrows were infused with all the elements, being the most powerful of the world. He was considered a valedictorian but what caused him to not attend the school anymore? Well, it turned out he held a grudge....a very bad grudge.

Being Native American. he hated every white/caucasian person he met. And that was most of the student/teacher population. He made sure his friends were only of the minority; black, latino, Asian, and middle-eastern. His aggression led the school to put him not only on suspension but to force him to go to human school and learn the biggest lesson of all: 'forgiveness'

So Rantu was forced to go to a human school for a year, not being able to do magic and to learn how to forgive the past for its wrongdoings. Forced to be surrounded by privileged whites, he felt the eyes stabbing his back and whispers about his race, making his anger rise. only one girl can cure his anger and the suppression he feels. Whether she was white or not, she seemed to understand his pain and eventually be the one to know of his magic, making him be a better person than he once was.

Plot #7:

((This plot is based off a video game called 'Okami', look it up))

It had been many many centuries since Amaterasu had fought against the demons and Yami, the god of darkness. She and her son, Chibiterasu had been able to retire up at Tamagahara and live in peace. They had watched the world below change and innovate on technology, some good things happened, some bad things happened. It wasn't until the year of 2010 when they had decided to go to earth one day, seeing demons go inside 'airplanes' since the country called the United States did not believe in the right gods to fight them off. So now it was time for Amaterasu and her son to follow them all the way to America.

Once landing, they will soon have to fight the demons that are spreading like wildfire, causing mayhem against the people and even possessing the humans, to do awful deeds...as minor of stealing to major as killing and body violations. The only chance Amaterasu has is a teenage boy by the name of __________ that can not only see the red lines on their bodies but their human forms as well. The boy will be the only way Amaterasu and Chibiterasu can fight off the evil. But to make it shocking, Amaterasu recognizes the boy to resemble Ushiwaka, her old and complicated friend.

Plot #8:

He is a very known star that seems to have everything: Money, fame, fans [mostly girls], and a mansion with servants to do his bidding. One thing about him though is that he is 17, and he has no high school degree. Thankfully, his parents knew he could only be a star for so long. So his parents got rid of everything from him: His money and access to a mansion he calls 'home' and makes him move in with them to go to school. He was downright outraged that his parents took everything from him, even though his parents house was a bit big. But the house was not nearly as big as the mansion he owns. So his parents got him registered for school so he can at least get a degree so he could maybe go to college. He wasn't happy, but when most of the high school girls swoon over him he admits that this year may not be as bad.....

Meanwhile, she is the loner at school by choice. She had moved from her old town to this one because of whatever reason. When he shows up to school one day, she didn't pay much attention to him like any of the other girls. So when she goes to her class, seeing that he was there as well, she couldn't help but feel somewhat agitated. And now her teacher had the guts to assign a project to everyone that will last a semester; leaving the both of them to deal with each other for a whole semester. With 200 points in this project, she knew that not only will the project be stressful for the two....but they would have to suck it up and somehow work together.

Plot #9:

There has been a kingdom that was at war for many years, but when the population of each side was almost non-existent, it was time to call it quits. Morde, known as the 'Country of the West' and Darnvia, known as the 'Country of the East' had a bitter truce so that they can rebuild their kingdoms, but it does not mean that prejudice and paranoia went away once the war ended.

Morde's were known to have marks on top of their head, burned and engraved since birth so it was not easy to hide their identity unless they wore a hat or a headband around their forehead.

One such Morde man was escaping fate, he had ran away from the country for unknown reasons. Bleeding and to the point of exhaustion, he collapses in front of a peasant's house that was in Darnvia's territory. Whether the homeowner was nice or sent him to the prison's to be interrogated, the man's presence will change Darnvia.

((Can be a Straight or Yaoi RP))

((More will come))  

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:20 pm
User Image

As we all know, there are many different ways to roleplay and ways to do it. So I decided to give them a try, so what are they? Here they are.

Threads - The things you are reading right now. usually, it is done in Gaia Guilds or Forums. Some people like them as it is easier to be notified (as long as you quote them) and reply right away. But other people can disagree

Pm's - Otherwise known as Private Messaging. It is easier since it can be a private RP and no one will be able to see it. The problem is sometimes Pms can be lost or merely forgotten. As there had been problems with me sometimes not getting the Pms.

E-mail - I have recently found this source. I don't know the benefits or cons but I heard it's easier on people who are on the go (since they can just use their phones). So if you're the person whose always on the go, this can be an easier thing to do.

Roleplay Now - If you don't know of this site, it's because it is doing its job. That's right, it's a private website (use for free) where one can set up a roleplay and can invite people that they want to join. The only way to get into roleplays though is to have the url...that's right, the only way to access the roleplays is if you have the URL. Here, I'll give you an example:

https://rpnow.net/rp/UoJsEwrp

You can change the color of the bubbles to indicate if it's an OOC, Narrator (basically story), and when your characters are talking (You mark your characters in a certain color so if the bubble is red, then you know its a certain character). It's a great way to roleplay privately.

Also, this website has very good phone features, and you can be notified (I can't confirm through the phone) on the computer immediately when your character posted as long as you have it opened. And what I mean is if you are watching through youtube in one tab and the rpnow.net is on another tab, that tab will bing when I post. It's a great tool and you can save the RP (or check out the old posts through the archives).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:45 pm
*bump*  

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Partygoer 500

ShadowStream-chan

Wealthy Gaian

10,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200