Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the Old Bloods-A game of Good & Evil CLOSED! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:26 pm
Okay, done my nap/break!

PupSage
Bramble Thornside

I decided to switch to team good

I have your point buy stats at 26 (starting values before modifiers: 14 15 14 10 16 cool .

You're missing your 1 Action Point.

I have you at 151 hit points.

I have you at 10 surges.

You forgot your Fey Origin and Hardy Form racial abilities.

You should at least list one of your three Nature's Aspect powers (the one you start with) - though you have room for all 3.

I don't see your class bonus to AC from Armor of Faith listed with your scores.

You don't appear to have any of your paragon path powers listed.

I can't find the Deepening Gloom power (I assume it's a Utility 16 or Utility 6, since those are ones you're missing but you have two Utility 2's).

Your feats confuse me. Why spend feats on both Polearms AND Spears? sweatdrop

Your feat bonus from Unarmored Agility should be 2, not 5. I don't see feat bonuses to AC from anything else, but in case I missed it, feat bonuses don't stack.

If you have Darkhide armor, you can't benefit from Unarmored Agility OR Armor of Faith. In case of the latter, it was errata'd, if you missed it:
"Armor of Faith
Page 33: Replace the second sentence with the following:
“While you are wearing cloth armor or no
armor and aren’t using a shield, you gain a +3 bonus
to AC.” This change reflects the feature’s design
intent. Avengers are not supposed to gain the benefit
of this feature while wearing leather or hide."

I assume 'Gouge' is a weapon. I don't see it anywhere...

I'm going to end my audit here until a few things get cleaned up. I still have to thoroughly check equipment. But it sounds like things might get changed around...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:10 am
PupSage
Bramble Thornside

I decided to switch to team good

Rain Yupa
I have your point buy stats at 26 (starting values before modifiers: 14 15 14 10 16 cool .

+2 con from Belt of Dwarvenkind

Rain Yupa
You're missing your 1 Action Point.

k

Rain Yupa
I have you at 151 hit points.

Generator had me at 149, brooch of vitality adds 10 hp
151+10 =161 hp

Rain Yupa
I have you at 10 surges.

Corrected

Rain Yupa
You forgot your Fey Origin and Hardy Form racial abilities.

k

Rain Yupa
You should at least list one of your three Nature's Aspect powers (the one you start with) - though you have room for all 3.

As these can be changed with an extended rest, I figured I would announce my form on the first post based on what she knew that she was walking in to.

Rain Yupa

That was put in with the feat bonus category, +3 +2 = +5

Rain Yupa
You don't appear to have any of your paragon path powers listed.

Didn't know that I got them for free, thought that I had to choose.

Rain Yupa
I can't find the Deepening Gloom power (I assume it's a Utility 16 or Utility 6, since those are ones you're missing but you have two Utility 2's).

PHB3 skill power for stealth

Rain Yupa
Your feats confuse me. Why spend feats on both Polearms AND Spears? sweatdrop

Because my original feat I had there was banned and I panicked and thought that they stacked. Will change.
Polearm momentum states that it applies to both polearms and spears. Changed weapon expertise to spears though.

Rain Yupa
Your feat bonus from Unarmored Agility should be 2, not 5. I don't see feat bonuses to AC from anything else, but in case I missed it, feat bonuses don't stack.

See above

(Gotta go to work)

Rain Yupa

If you have Darkhide armor, you can't benefit from Unarmored Agility OR Armor of Faith. In case of the latter, it was errata'd, if you missed it:
"Armor of Faith
Page 33: Replace the second sentence with the following:
“While you are wearing cloth armor or no
armor and aren’t using a shield, you gain a +3 bonus
to AC.” This change reflects the feature’s design
intent. Avengers are not supposed to gain the benefit
of this feature while wearing leather or hide."

Will swap for mindweave then.

Rain Yupa
I assume 'Gouge' is a weapon. I don't see it anywhere...

Apparently it's dark sun, I will look for an alternative.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:53 pm
Fixed  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:08 pm
Mongooseh
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=896511

Just need to do equipment and fluff. But most of the hardcore mechanical stuff is there to be checked.

Next read-through:

Were you going to include the attack/damage workspace, and/or quick look-up? Just wondering. Not mandatory but it helps.

How do you have +4 feat bonus to Reflexes? Lightning Reflexes only grants 2 and feat bonuses aren't stackable... (I think it might be the Essentials version that grows with tier?).

What's 'W/Siberys Shard Of Radiance +3 (17K Gold)'? I don't recognize what this is.

Armor bonus from Weavemail is +10, not +15. The other 5 is your Enh bonus. Also, don't forget Weavemail grants +1 Will.

Ritual components don't work that way. Discern Lies, Hallowed Temple, and Hand of Fate are Religion. Raise Dead is Heal. Create Campsite is Nature.
What you'll want to do (as per p300 of the PHB), is have, say, 500 gp worth of Rare Herbs (the Nature-based component), 500 gp worth of Mystic Salvse (the Heal-based component), and 2000 gp worth of Sanctified Incense (the Religion-based component). When you cast one of those, subtract the component cost from your listed total (so using 200gp worth of Sanctified Incense reduces your total from 2000 to 1800).

It's late so I'll do a gp total for your inventory probably Friday or Saturday.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:26 pm
Rain Yupa
KytanaTheThief
Aaaand figure might as well toss my Dragonborn in for a pass. I can't tell if my sheet's a mess, but I've got everything recorded in a separate document, so I can tell when I did what, etc, if something doesn't add up on the sheet.

Dragonborn Paladin of Bahamut

Blah, I lost the audit/post -_-

Some of your paladiny things are listed as PHB2. It's silly.

Your hit points are off, I have 170 total (be wary of your surge value changing).

Your attack/damage stats for your weapon and implement are wrong.

You forgot your Divine Mettle Channel Divinity power.

Your cloak's Enh bonus is listed in the wrong column. ^-^'

I have a different final gold total than yours (20190). I also don't see any components for your rituals anywhere (which might make up the difference?).

Everything else seems to be okay smile

I'm, uh... not sure what 'Greataxe +6' and 'Implement +6' mean for your QLU sweatdrop

That's the only hang-up I see now. Everything else is great smile

A background/description would be nice tho.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:42 pm
Rain Yupa
MichelleJHowe
Alrighty. Throwing in a Tiefling Invoker, worshiper of Lolth for the evil side with a taste for dragonborn maidens. :3 It's gonna be fuuuuuun. Not old blood, though, so my spot is technically still open until the 5th. xD

Sheet is done for the base mechanics. Slow going since I'm new to 4e. There's a couple errors I'm going to go back and correct and one or two things I plan on changing, but mostly there. Needs items and rituals. Alllllll the rituals. <3

Tiefling Invoker

Stats are good.

Missing your Low-Light Vision Found it.

I have you at 106 hit points (10 base, 16 con, +4 hit points 20 times).

You haven't listed which Covenant you've taken. Looks like...... Wrath?

Just making sure you don't short yourself: For invoker powers, you have a level 3, 7, and 13 encounter attack power. You didn't want to swap any out for a level 17 attack power?

Otherwise, powers look good.

As a heads up, Fiery Rebuke (feat) and Crown of Infernal Legacy (item) were changed to reflect a newer version of Infernal Wrath, if you decide to take it. I'll message you about the racial power change.

Otherwise, feats are good.

Do you mean your armor is +5? You have +4 listed. I assume that's your level 22 item... Also, technically your armor bonus is 1 (you have 6 listed) and in your defenses, you should have an Enh bonus of 4 (5?).

Since you listed some item powers, I don't see your Robe's power listed.

What level is your Burning Gauntlets?

What level is your Crown of Infernal Legacy?

What level is your Gem of Colloquy?

What level is your Cloak of the Bat?

Everlasting Provisions is the PHB one, Chime of Awakening is AV ^-^

That's all I can do for now until the equipment section gets clarified sweatdrop

I have you at -965 gp (I didn't charge for your two Free rituals or your Standard Adventurer's Kit). Though, Bridle of Conjuration might be worth ditching, if you have a horse-summoning ritual. Let me know if you don't agree with my total.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:28 pm
*Checks pocket watch* Never enough time, never enough time.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:06 pm
PupSage
Rain Yupa

+2 con from Belt of Dwarvenkind

Is this the same Belt of Dwarvenkind in Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium? Because I see no modification to ability scores there. In fact, I've never seen a magic item modify ability scores in 4th edition, ever.

So yeah, I still have your ability scores wrong because I don't see a Con bonus from this item.

Quote:
Rain Yupa

That was put in with the feat bonus category, +3 +2 = +5

Armor of Faith isn't a feat bonus though.

Semi-related: Why do you have an armor bonus of +5 and a feat bonus of +5? As far as I can tell, you should have 0 armor bonus, 3 class bonus, 2 feat bonus (Unarmored Agility), 5 enhancement bonus. If you're getting bonuses from other things I'm not seeing, can you let me know what they are?

You don't have your Resist 10 radiant listed under your resistances (from your Sunleaf armor).

I have you at +25 to hit with your spear, not +24, when you use Wisdom to attack. 10 (half level) + 7 (Wisdom) + 2 (feat) + 2 (proficiency) + 4 (enhancement).

Likewise, I have you at +18 damage (+7 wisdom, +3 feat, +4 item from armbands, +4 enhancement).

I can't find your bonus to Fortitude listed under 'Enh'. I understand Will from Mindweave (which is an armor bonus to will, not an enh bonus to will, for the record; that's why you can have it stack), I can't find the Fort source.

I have you WAAAY overcosted for your equipment. Here's a copy/paste from notepad:

Brooch of Vitality level 20.
Sunleaf Armor 22

85k Thundergod Spear
45k armbands
45k helmet
5k strikebacks
65k Belt of Dwarvenkind
1k bag of holding
2.6 Boots
4.2k tattoo
1k instant campsite
840gp provisions
13k foestone

Assuming your spear (next most costly item) is your other 'given' magic item, I still have you at 57,640 gp over budget.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:06 am
Rain Yupa

Is this the same Belt of Dwarvenkind in Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium? Because I see no modification to ability scores there. In fact, I've never seen a magic item modify ability scores in 4th edition, ever.

So yeah, I still have your ability scores wrong because I don't see a Con bonus from this item.

I have you WAAAY overcosted for your equipment. Here's a copy/paste from notepad:

Sunleaf Armor 22

85k Thundergod Spear
45k armbands
45k helmet
5k strikebacks
65k Belt of Dwarvenkind
1k bag of holding
2.6 Boots
4.2k tattoo
1k instant campsite
840gp provisions
13k foestone

Assuming your spear (next most costly item) is your other 'given' magic item, I still have you at 57,640 gp over budget

Lets just nix the belt altogether, and I will just keep the 7,360 gold difference.

Rain Yupa

Semi-related: Why do you have an armor bonus of +5 and a feat bonus of +5? As far as I can tell, you should have 0 armor bonus, 3 class bonus, 2 feat bonus (Unarmored Agility), 5 enhancement bonus. If you're getting bonuses from other things I'm not seeing, can you let me know what they are?

Cloth armor gets a +1 at lvl 16

Rain Yupa

You don't have your Resist 10 radiant listed under your resistances (from your Sunleaf armor).

I have you at +25 to hit with your spear, not +24, when you use Wisdom to attack. 10 (half level) + 7 (Wisdom) + 2 (feat) + 2 (proficiency) + 4 (enhancement).

Likewise, I have you at +18 damage (+7 wisdom, +3 feat, +4 item from armbands, +4 enhancement).

Fixed

Rain Yupa

I can't find your bonus to Fortitude listed under 'Enh'. I understand Will from Mindweave (which is an armor bonus to will, not an enh bonus to will, for the record; that's why you can have it stack), I can't find the Fort source..

Wildren get a +1 to fort  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:42 am
PupSage
Rain Yupa

Sunleaf Armor 22

85k Thundergod Spear
45k armbands
45k helmet
5k strikebacks
65k Belt of Dwarvenkind
1k bag of holding
2.6 Boots
4.2k tattoo
1k instant campsite
840gp provisions
13k foestone

Assuming your spear (next most costly item) is your other 'given' magic item, I still have you at 57,640 gp over budget

Lets just nix the belt altogether, and I will just keep the 7,360 gold difference.

Rain Yupa

Cloth armor gets a +1 at lvl 16

Rain Yupa

Fixed

Rain Yupa

I can't find your bonus to Fortitude listed under 'Enh'. I understand Will from Mindweave (which is an armor bonus to will, not an enh bonus to will, for the record; that's why you can have it stack), I can't find the Fort source..

Wildren get a +1 to fort

Ah. The defenses thing is hard for me to keep auditing because you aren't typing your bonuses right. I keep having to go over everything to see "Am I missing something for X and you're missing something for Y, or did you just log it wrong". sweatdrop

Where does Cloth Armor get a free +1? I've never seen or heard of that before.

You seem to have removed your +2 will bonus for Mindweave armor, for some reason?

As far as I can tell, your defenses should be thus:
AC = 20 + 6 (arm/ability) + 3 (class) + 2 (feat) + 5 (enh) = 36
(With Armor Bonus being 0)
Fort = 20 + 4 (ability) + 1 (class) + 4 (enh) + 1 (misc/race) = 30
Ref = 20 + 6 (ability) + 1 (class) + 4 (enh) = 31
Will = 20 + 7 (ability) + 1 (class) + 4 (enh) + 2 (misc/armor) = 34
Or how you have it: Will = 20 + 9 (arm/ability) + 1 (class) + 4 (enh) = 34

While you don't have to change it to reflect these numbers, I'm posting it here so if I have to go back through again I can reference the numbers they should be and if they've changed, why. Though I do strongly recommend changing them, because when you level up and/or get new equipment, it'd be easier to update and if your sheet changes (say, from ability score boosts and/or levels), it doesn't automatically remove it without you realizing it. One of the dangers of an automated online sheet. I'm honestly not just being neurotic about it sweatdrop

Now I have your stats too low, since you removed the "belt bonus". This is what I have as your base stats (after epic destiny bonus to strength, -2 to all stats, -4 to wisdom and dexterity from level bonuses, and -2 wisdom and dexterity from racial bonuses):
14 13 14 10 16 08
= 22 points out of the 25 I've allotted. Did you have different numbers?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:49 am
I couldn't really sleep, so I built a creature for the game[if it's not to late].

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=910116  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:23 am
Rain Yupa
Where does Cloth Armor get a free +1? I've never seen or heard of that before.
I believe, Pup is referring to the change from basic cloth to Feyweave[PHB p.214].The +4 M.E.B.[minimum enhancment bonus] is passed when one can purchase a level 16 item.  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:34 am
While that is true, pupsage is using Mindweave armor from Adventurer's Vault, not Feyweave. The armors in AV tend to sacrifice the extra AC bonus that we could get at that level for extra Fort/Ref/Will bonuses. He gets an extra +2 Will in this case, but stays at the +0 AC bonus.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:27 am
I'd join up, if you want or need players.

I'm thinking a two-handed charging ranger (with Str + wis) multiclassing cleric using heavy armor. It would be difficult to pull off, but I can do it.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:30 am
KytanaTheThief
While that is true, pupsage is using Mindweave armor from Adventurer's Vault, not Feyweave. The armors in AV tend to sacrifice the extra AC bonus that we could get at that level for extra Fort/Ref/Will bonuses. He gets an extra +2 Will in this case, but stays at the +0 AC bonus.

That's exactly it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces