Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the Old Bloods-A game of Good & Evil CLOSED! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:52 am
[ Character Sheets ]

TEAM GOOD

[ Premise/Foreword ]

A game of good PCs forced to ally with evil PCs, but both sides know that the alliance is tenuous, and likely to break down at any moment...

This is a 3-chapter quest (running 21st level thru 25th level), where the party will have to first find a powerful artifact of Good, seek out the enemy base, and finally, disrupt a powerful ritual that might result in the end of the universe as we know it.

But, upon completion of the quest, you will be standing side-by-side with the enemy, heroes of the opposite team. Good players, if you succeed in keeping the artifact from them, each of you will be rewarded one powerful magic item of your choice in an existing or future campaign that I run. The item can be up to 10 levels above your character level.

However, the Evil gods want the artifact for themselves. After the primary threat is over, the sole evil player that manages to secure the artifact will be given an artifact of my choosing in an existing or future campaign that I run.

Of course, if you fail (or let the campaign die off from inactivity), no one gets anything.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Generic D&D setting with regular 4e pantheon.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

The forces of the Abyss have made a major assault against the gods, who were able to fend them off, albeit with heavy losses on both sides. It was unclear if they had any objective beyond wanton destruction at first, but it was later discovered that the libraries of Ioun were raided while attention was diverted, and a powerful ritual that had, ages ago, been intended to reform Io was stolen.

However, the gods of Evil soon approach them, led by Vecna. Calling for a temporary ceasefire, they reveal that their most powerful high priests have been assassinated and their holy symbols stolen. Taking consul with one another, they piece together that the dark forces of the Abyss intend to use the ritual they stole to merge all the gods of Evil into one being - it is unclear what such a being would be like, but it would be unstoppable, and would easily slay the gods of Good. If it could be controlled or corrupted further by the Abyss, it would be the end of everything. The gods of Evil, not wanting to lose their individuality, do not wish for this outcome either.

Sending a handful of heroes they deem suited for the task, they will have to retrieve a long-forgotten artifact that can disrupt any ritual, but only when wielded by a good, pure, mortal soul. Such an artifact would be a devastating loss to the side of Good if Evil snatched it away or possibly converted it to work for their side, but there is no time for such trickery - not yet, anyways.

The forces of Good and Evil must work together to thwart the ritual. Afterwords, the Good heroes are expected to return the artifact - while the evil ones are expected to steal it away, on behest of their dark benefactor.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Player's Handbook 1, Player's Handbook 2, Player's Handbook 3*, Martial Power 1+2, Divine Power, Arcane Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power*, Adventurer's Vault1*+2*+Magnificent Emporium*, Eberron Player's Guide*, Forgotten Realms Player Guide*
Restricted Resources: Player's Handbook 3 (No Hybrids; no Ardent, Battlemind, Psion). Psionic Power (No Ardent, Battlemind, Psion). FRPG (Swordmage, Warlock Dark Pact available, and any appropriate Paragon Paths and feats not specific to that setting). EPG (Artificer available, and any Paragon Paths and feats not specific to that setting).
Banned Resources: Anything not from these books, including Essentials and Magazine stuff. If I can't look it up in my books, it's a no-go.

ECL: 21st
Gold: Standard
Races: PHB 1-3 races. Some monster races may be allowed if they suit an evil deity (drow for Lolth, etc). Check with me.
Classes: Any divine class; Any other permitted class with paragon multiclassing into a divine class; Any other permitted class with a divine multiclass feat and divine paragon path.
Ability Scores*: 25 point buy
Alignments: Lawful Good or Good for one team; Evil or Chaotic Evil for the other.
Pantheon: The gods listed in the PHB. Max one player per deity.
Backgrounds: Make 'em good!

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1] There MUST be at least 2 players on each team, but no more than 3.
2] This game is open until 8/5 for any player that has been reasonably active in any past game of mine. After that point, it stays open for all until 8/12.
3] Players will not be replaced if they stop posting. Don't join unless you can commit, because someone on your side dropping will weaken your chances. Don't be that person.
4](Pending further details)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:22 am
Hrrm....*gets to work creating a character*  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:53 am
Just tweaked the class list a bit more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:59 am
Do we choose our rivals/teammates?*Hops into a hole to start a character*  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:10 pm
*goes back and reworks his character* ><  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:30 pm
Is this just an excuse to run a game that only has prep up till one moral quandry to see then how long the two sides fight before they come to blows? I can foresee this being the only thing happening constantly.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:34 pm
Mongooseh
Is this just an excuse to run a game that only has prep up till one moral quandry to see then how long the two sides fight before they come to blows? I can foresee this being the only thing happening constantly.

Nope! Dungeon, then Expedition, then Assault. The only moral quandries that will exist is whatever the players provide themselves.

That said, purposely provoking in-party fighting until it comes to blows and your numbers dwindle, will only hurt your chances, not help it. I'm not replacing players OR characters (so the 'raise dead' ritual might be important, folks).

Also, this is an experiment for me to see if I can get a good-and-evil party to work. This story came from my thought process of how I could justify getting both sides to work together, because typically it's nigh impossible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:35 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Not officially. You can go "I'm playing X class of Y deity" but that's about it. It's up to you lot to figure out who's going to volunteer for what.

EDIT: I'll laugh if no one coordinates and you all show up with the same character.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:41 pm
Rain Yupa
Nope! Dungeon, then Expedition, then Assault. The only moral quandries that will exist is whatever the players provide themselves.

That said, purposely provoking in-party fighting until it comes to blows and your numbers dwindle, will only hurt your chances, not help it. I'm not replacing players OR characters (so the 'raise dead' ritual might be important, folks).

Also, this is an experiment for me to see if I can get a good-and-evil party to work. This story came from my thought process of how I could justify getting both sides to work together, because typically it's nigh impossible.

Also, a DM philosophy for me running things here, is I will tweak encounters as they happen to reflect the current party size. If it's a party of 6 and 2 drop right before combat starts, I'll make it a 4-party encounter.

Not in this quest. However many players there are to start, every encounter will be set for that many players.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:58 pm
As far as things going, I'm looking at a half elf fighter/Justiciar of Asmodeus.

*does thecoordination thing*  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Rain Yupa
SCN_ Grey_fox

Not officially. You can go "I'm playing X class of Y deity" but that's about it. It's up to you lot to figure out who's going to volunteer for what.

EDIT: I'll laugh if no one coordinates and you all show up with the same character.

Yeah I was thinking rather than shouting "making character!" might be useful to shout out what you're making so there aren't dupes and then knife fights over it.

Also Old Blood  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:04 pm
Rain Yupa

so the 'raise dead' ritual might be important, folks.

YAY! I'm ahead of the game! Do we get the Epic stuffs for being level 21?  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

KytanaTheThief
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:47 pm
Damn, everyone's on top of this lol. Hopefully I'll be able to get to my books in time lol  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:58 pm
KytanaTheThief
Damn, everyone's on top of this lol. Hopefully I'll be able to get to my books in time lol

I'm just s**t posting. Haven't decided if to throw my lot in. Interested mostly cus its a Rain Yupa game and High level but apprehensive on the concept. So only 2/4(6)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:10 pm
KytanaTheThief
I am not officially into this one ether; I want to, but I dislike the divine... Something about worshiping a sky fairy never sits well with me...

Edit: There is one class I wanted to play...  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff