Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:53 am
Yoritomo Misaki would look up towards Ide Goro, before nodding slowly. "I believe I have for now. The interesting styles of the Unicorn should prove to be a new challenge, but I am already thinking of ways to incorporate them into some of the classic kimono designs to try something new." He stretches slightly. "I also saw some people who could be interested in my services, though I may need a more diverse stock on hand before I speak to them more."

Looking back at the city, he'd rub his chin, then back to Ide Goro. "So, the other item on our agenda for my time here. Who else am I to travel with and when and where should I be meeting them?"  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:03 pm
Seijun mulled over his words for a bit, thinking about them. Was that so? It did explain a bit, but that couldn't be it alone, right?

"I see..." she said after a moment. She gave a small nod, before looking at him. "I don't suppose you would have something I could borrow to fabricate myself something?"  

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:29 pm
Aneksi rolled her eyes and laughed at her husband's antics. Bravery indeed. "Mm, yes, an Otomo of all people wanted to talk. Paid for our room and everything. We'll be having tea with him later this week."

She nodded and ruffled his hair as she joined in the walk to the stables. No shame in seeing her dear friend situated personally. Even if it was a duty she was getting more used to relegating to Jinyu these days, she still took a great deal of care and pride in her steed, and their bond was all the stronger for it.

"I would have stayed at the gate, but since we're here so long I figured it was worth the extra care." she explained, more to her husband than the servants who had actually brought up the subject. Though she couldn't help but smile at their marveling. Chishiyo would indeed put any Imperial steed to shame.

She took Chishiyo from Jinyu when they arrived at their designated stalls and got her situated personally, removing riding gear, giving her a good brushing, and making sure she had suitable food befitting a horse of her size and lean build. Once that was all settled she stretched and dusted herself off, coming to the realization that, "Perhaps a bath is a good idea after all."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:28 pm
"Politics as usual, then. Though I think our time is a small price to pay for such generosity." He would aid in the stabling of the horses, though focusing more on Chiyuuai and letting his wife handle Chishiyo. His esteemed wife sometimes had pressing matters and those times he would handle Chishiyo himself; but he realized the importance that rider and steed maintain such a connection as much as possible if they were to truly rely on one another.

"Before you depart, dearest wife... what of Ide Goro? We should be seeing him at some point, to inform him of our arrival. Would you like to do so sooner or later?" Asking her this, he would peer over the top of Chiyuuai's rump from the next stable over, tilting his head unnecessarily back for dramatic sake.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:07 am
Asura waited for a few moments to let his 'guests' leave before going downstairs to see the innkeep.

"My guests have left me more food and tea than I can handle if your staff and yourself want some then go ahead."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:31 am
"Mm, assuming that's all he asks for. But it's not like I can say no to an Imperial. Unless he goes too far, which he won't. Hmph." She clearly wasn't happy about it, but she wasn't all that upset either, having gone over it in her head as she left the man's company. Politics as usual. Yes, that fit quite well. Bleck. The sooner they leave the better.

She quirked a brow at his question and silly antics, casually picking up an oat from Chishiyo's feed and tossing it over stall and haunch to properly bop him on the forehead. "Before we depart." she corrected, "I want you clean for tonight too. As for our charge... it's late. He'll appreciate us waiting 'till morning to meet."  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:33 am
Jinyu-Zhe would flinch and rub his forehead after the impact.

"Heresy. I'm as fresh as the spring cherry blossoms," he would retort. "However, if it would please the prestigious Utaku Aneksi, I have no recourse but to oblige thy wishes and humor thee."

Return fire with an oat of his own! Though not a well-aimed one.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:42 am
@Utaku Aneksi and Utaku Jinyu-Zhe

The next sounds you would hear would be the stable boys leaving you to your antics, but within earshot should you need anything of them. Otherwise, you're alone.

@Togashi Seijun

The old man would rummage through his traveling sack before pulling out a blood red kimono and stare at it, as if lost in a reverie. It would be a moment before he actually hands the thing to you. "Here. You can use this."

@Shinjo Asura

The manager would politely bow and point out that it would be improper for him or his staff to consume the gift that is meant for Samurai-san. He would then ask if anything else is needed.

@Yoritomo Misaki

The rotund Ide would gesture out towards the city. "They'll be trickling into the city over the week. You'll all meet before the caravan leaves. It will be in six days. The Ide raised a hand to his chin as he considered the group of outriders he was assembling. "You'll be traveling with a pair of Utaku, a breeding pair." Goro would snicker. "Also, Shinjo Asura, a man well trained in these kind of things, I hear. Perhaps one other, if she can see in the merit of the position I'm offering you."  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:50 am
"No." Replied Asura slightly perturbed that his offer had been rejected he would go back upstairs and pick at the food and drink before going to sleep.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:09 am
"Ha." she huffed out playfully, reaching out a bit to catch his wide-aimed counter attack and throw it back at him. "Blossoms that a hot, sweaty Chiyuuai has been rubbing up on for days, perhaps."

The stable boys would likely be entertained by the sight of her dragging her husband out of the stables, even if he was willing, and towards the nearest bathhouse. Unless there are any encounters, Aneksi's night can be considered concluded. Cleaned up and then settled down into their room.  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:57 pm
Jinyu-Zhe would relent to his wife's wishes and likewise bathe and retire for the evening.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:44 pm
The monk may have been oblivious, but even she could tell when there was hesitation. "Brother, is this important to you?" she asked. "I can simply go procure some fabric from the market..." she paused to look around.

"... if you could tell me where it is."  

Glory Sieg

Dangerous Grabber

11,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:02 pm
Misaki nodded to himself, mostly. "A interesting group. So a total of four or five of us, before adding in the caravan proper. Then it seems I shall spend this week in the hospitality of this city and it's inhabitants." He shifts, slightly, looking back out towards the city. "I think I shall use that time to work on the unique Unicorn styles and see what I can do. I'll have to find someone able to help me take care of some things though."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:49 am
@Yoritomo Misaki

Ide Goro would nod. "Will Tampopo-chan do? Or do you need someone with a different set of skills?"

@Shinjo Asura

The food is excellent and the tea is awesome, even cold. You then retire for the evening.

@ Utaku Aneksi and Utaku Jinyu-Zhe
The room is well appointed and comfortable and you retire for the evening.

@Togashi Seijun

The old monk would scoff at you a little. "That makes it something that I should really give up. Heh. They shouldn't train children to be monks. They don't have a life to give up before they enter the monastery." He would then set the kimono down in front of you. "Take it if you want, or not. The market's that way. I do have one favor to ask of you though.If you'll accept. I need someone to take this letter to a roley poley Ide named Goro. He's going to be heading a caravan out into the kami forsaken wastes a week from now. Should be leaving by the south gates." He would then lay the letter on top of the kimono.  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:58 am
"I'm certain she'll do just fine. It's mostly just as a guide and handling cloth and clothing and all."  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff