Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Desert Winds
Desert Wind Chapter #1: Playing Samurai and Indians Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:54 pm
Weasel uses a void point to drop his damage down to 25!

Misaki!

Aneksi Reminder: One more round before something happens.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 8 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 8, 2, 6, 1, 9, 5 Total: 38 (8-80)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:15 pm
Misaki would shake his head. "Ara ara, are you certain? Oh well." With a mirthless smile, he'd dive in after the arrow, twin kama spinning around his hands as he goes in for a strike.

Knives/Agility - 5k3 + 1k0 Storm Kama
4, 3, 8, 2, 6, 1 = 18

Off chance it hits, 4k2
4, 9, 6, 8 = 17  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm
Weasel Ronin goes down with a strange look of shock and relief in his eyes. He collapses with a smile on his face.

ASURA! roll vs. 23 for grapple control.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:22 pm
Asura decided he's harming Bear again....and kills bear in the process.

Combat is over.
Aneksi collapses to her knees. (Unless she wants to give me a willpower roll vs, 15 with a 1k1 penalty)  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:30 pm
Misaki wipes his kama off on the weasel's kimono and then slips them away under his wide obi. He would then grab the dead ronin by the kimono and start dragging him back to the others. "We should probably search these two, see if they have any notes or identifying marks that will let us know who they work for." And if he happened to make some zeni off anything they might have had of value, well, that was just business.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:09 pm
The Sands of Time Shift...

Asura was obviously outclassing this man in jiujutsu and kept himself as the dominating force in the grapple. One forceful shove later and the bear was on his back but unfortunately for him had seemingly fell on his partner's tanto that was thrown at Asura. Shock must've overtaken the bear as he was immediately unconcious from then on.

Asura knelt down by the man and pulled the tanto out examining the bloody blade as if itself was a curiousity,

"This man needs medical attention. I want to ask him a few questions once he is able to talk."  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:22 pm
"Oh, he's not dead? Good. Always better to have a live capture to question than try to figure out things from what could be coded instructions."  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 10-sided dice: 5, 1, 4, 7, 4, 5 Total: 26 (6-60)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:14 pm
Sighing, in relief, Jinyu-Zhe would resheath his wakizashi. Turning and smiling at Aneksi, not knowing her state was pending a willpower roll yet rolled, he would then approach the Bear samurai, as requested.

"Let me take a look."

Quote:
4k3 intelligence roll to examine if Bear is alive and treatable, or passed on. Because corpses.

Result: 16

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:24 pm
OOC: Mea Culpa. I must've missed this. ><

Jinyu-zhe. You will notice that Bear is barely alive. He is bleeding out and will likely die in an hour or so if he is untreated.

Misaki: Between Bear and Weasel, there are maybe like two koku, their weapons, clothing, and a small amount of food.  
Rain Yupa rolled 12 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 8, 2, 2, 6, 5, 2, 6, 8, 8, 5 Total: 62 (12-120)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:10 pm
"He's definitely on his way out," Jinyu-Zhe would say, squatting down near the ronin and holding a hand near his face to feel his breathing. "Do we really want to question them, though?" he'd ask, turning to look at some of the others.

"I'd hate to waste the energy on some passer-bys who decided randomly to be assholes. This hardly seemed like an organized strike, so I think it was just a confrontation engineered by people who deigned their lot in life as 'be confrontational'. If I do this by hand, we'd likely either have to wait here until he's up to talking to us, or bring him along. I'm not comfortable with either. And is he really worth the blessing of the kami to seal his wounds? Sorry, I'm not seeing it."

He would pause. "Sorry if you were expecting a more go-get-em response than that. Pretty sure my responsibilities are to our people first, and these aren't our people. In fact... let's see if these jokers were sloppy. And, for their sake, they took down our watchmen without bloodshed, then I'd be more than happy to patch him up."

Jinyu-Zhe would stand, making it a point to step over the ronin to go to the people who were keeping watch, seeing if they needed first aid or magical healing.

Quote:
2 rolls! First, another Intelligence/Medicine 4k3 (dice 1-6) = 18 to see to the wounds of our sentries, if they are still alive.
Second, Perception/Battle 4k3 (dice 7-12) = 19 to see if this might have been more than simply a couple of overly violent buffoons who liked playing with swords.

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:16 pm
Utaku Jinyu-zhe finds that both of the drovers are dead. Furthermore, he finds that there were indeed only two of them. Your knowledge of tactics and the movements from the short battle and the bit before reveal to you that they were interested in someone around the campfire. Either that, or they were just picking on the weakest groups first.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:18 pm
"To be fair, I'd like to know if we were heading into an area where there is more of them." He'd slip the money away while looking at the ronin's weapons and food. "Should we take the weapons or let them keep that small bit of honor? And if the small bit of food they have is at all good, every bit helps."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:46 pm
Everyone BUT Misaki needs to roll a preception/investigation (notice) roll against 10.  
Paidi tou Selini rolled 8 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 5, 4, 7, 7, 1, 3 Total: 40 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:05 pm
Close, but no kiseru. The mysterious illness plaguing her had taken on a mind of its own, and refused to let a good day's rest get in the way of its warpath. She almost made it, hardened stoicism holding her upright for a few moments longer than it might have otherwise, but eventually she had to succumb, doubling over in pain once the adrenaline had worn off and coughing her lungs raw. Yet even that wouldn't stop her, eyes open and alert to any dangers that might yet linger in the ambush.

"Tch. Jinyu-Zhe's right. Nhh... th-these scum aren't worth the resources or time. Let them rot where they lie. I- -cough-... t-trust our eyes more than the venom he'll try to spit to save his miserable hide. We're a scouting party. Tomorrow we'll make use of those skills."

[Raw Willpower 2k2 - 1k1 vs. TN 15 (First 2) = 13
Perception/Investigation (Notice) 5k3 - 1k1 vs. TN 10
Roll: 5, 4, 7, 7 = 14]  

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:49 pm
As Aneksi goes *ploop* and falls on her bottom, she sees Misaki do something shady with something he's pulling from the ronin's bodies.  
[L5R 4e] Desert Winds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff