Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
{Pathfinder}Two Worlds Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:48 am
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]
  • 5]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
It started as night terrors as a child; vivid nightmares of battling other worldly creatures. As the years progressed your nightmares continued, as if one was watching an action horror movie; until the Agents of the Basement came and took you away from your parents.

Giving you a new name and new parents, the agents taught you to take control of your dreams and in doing so gaining the mystical abilities and skills of the dream state for the real world...

[ Setting Information/Background ]
Most Humans of Earth know Purgatory as a place for lost sinners, but that is far from the truth. The truth, Purgatory is a world similar to a 14th century Earth, and Haven is one of many sanctuary cities for the sentient races of Purgatory.

663 years have passed since the recapture of Haven, from the Dark Horsemen Pestilence, closing the chapter most humans call The Black Plague. A impossible feat, if not for a new magic known as Soul-linking.

Today, many of Haven's warriors part take in the soul-linking ritual to gain power over wounds and disease, but at the cost of their own mind and a shortened life...

In the mountains of Montana, sits a school for the children who have agreed to link their souls with the warriors. Aside from being forced to live out the warrior's life every time they close their eyes, the children gain unbelievable power/skills. The school teaches the children how to control these dreams, and prepares them to combat the Dark One's forces who slip into Earth.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Purgatory, as the Supernatural nerds have started call their living dream state, is a world of vampires, werewolves, monsters of all shapes and sizes. All trying to destroy Haven, a peaceful city within the dream, and gain access to the "Real World".

Fighting a losing battle, few warriors of the Haven have been known to call out for aid from the human world. Children have been the most attune to these prayers, and have unknowingly agreed to help. As the child ages the warrior slowly loses themselves, until the child takes over or both die.

You are once such child...

[ Character Creation ]
If you like to type, or making things harder than they need to be, you can type it out. Otherwise, I would suggest Myth Weavers, something like it.

Available Sources: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/
Banned Resources: Unchained, Occult, Technology, and Mystic

ECL: 10
Gold: 80,000 gp
Races: Any race without wings, but you will have a human appearance(will go over later)
Ability Scores*: Known as a Dice pool. On this page 20d6 dice roll, re-roll ones once, and rearrange in any pattern you wish. Minimal grouping 3d6, Highest stat no greater than 20, before level adjustments, magic items and racial bonuses.

xxxxxxxxxxOr 25 Point buy.

Hit Points: Max First level Roll after, re-roll anything less than half the die's value.
Alignments: You will have to give me a really good reason, why you want to be evil. And because it is fun, sucks for a reason... So does, I want to screw the party... A Paladin/Monk/Barbarian can do that just as easy... In short, NO EVIL scream
Pantheon: Open to interpretation, (again, will go over later)
Backgrounds: Two stories, one character... (Do I have to say it, again.)

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]
2] To Be Announced...
3]  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:05 pm
The library closes in under ten, but you are free to start rolling and whatnot. I will post a background come Monday.

I can answer any questions over my cell, just can't do large amounts of typing. sweatdrop Sorry.  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:07 pm
Alzzak
Known as a Dice pool. On this page 28d6 dice roll, re-roll ones once, and rearrange in any pattern you wish. Minimal grouping 3d6, Highest stat no greater than 20, before level adjustments, magic items and racial bonuses.

I'm confused by this. I got 28d6 reroll 1s, but then I'm stuck. I'll have 28 dice but I'm choosing the best 18 of them (6 groups of 3 results), effectively? How would that get a stat greater than 20?

That seems a bit powerful o_o  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:24 pm
Rain Yupa
Alzzak
Known as a Dice pool. On this page 28d6 dice roll, re-roll ones once, and rearrange in any pattern you wish. Minimal grouping 3d6, Highest stat no greater than 20, before level adjustments, magic items and racial bonuses.

I'm confused by this. I got 28d6 reroll 1s, but then I'm stuck. I'll have 28 dice but I'm choosing the best 18 of them (6 groups of 3 results), effectively? How would that get a stat greater than 20?

That seems a bit powerful o_o
You can have groupings of more than 3. Three 3's, a 4, a 5 and a 2 equals 20, but would leave you with 22 die left and 5 more stats.

You may have dice left, if you roll extremely well.

It has been in Dnd rules, as well as Pathfinders, though not many want to play with it  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa rolled 28 6-sided dice: 3, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6, 1, 1, 1, 4, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 3, 1, 6, 5, 3, 6, 3, 2 Total: 87 (28-168)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:26 pm
Aha! It sounds like a similar one I've seen once before where you declare dice before you roll, but not one where you choose from the dice after you roll. That's what threw me off.

This isn't definite that I'll play (especially if I feel the party size is too big; I've grown wary of larger games), but I'll create a character anyways.  
Rain Yupa rolled 5 6-sided dice: 2, 1, 4, 3, 4 Total: 14 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:28 pm
I count five 1's to reroll.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:34 pm
3, 4, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 3, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 2, 4, 3, 6, 5, 3, 6, 3, 2, 2, 1, 4, 3, 4
=
1 (one)
2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2 (six)
3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (ten)
4, 4, 4, 4, 4 (five)
5, 5, 5 (three)
6, 6, 6 (three)
Total: 96  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:51 pm
Pathfinder question:

Are Weapon Finesse: Melee Touch and Weapon Focus: Melee Touch options as feats?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish rolled 20 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1, 1, 4, 6, 5, 1, 4, 5, 6, 6 Total: 69 (20-120)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:27 pm
Well, let's give this a try. Got feedback and approval on the mortgage hunt way faster than I'd been told to expect, so we'll have to see if I have to table this a few weeks/months or not within the next week or two, probably.  
Psychofish rolled 8 6-sided dice: 3, 5, 6, 4, 1, 1, 3, 4 Total: 27 (8-48)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:31 pm
Far from surprised at the number of one's and twos. I wonder how bad I'd have to roll to be worse off than point buy?  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Alzzak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:10 pm
Rain Yupa
Pathfinder question:

Edit

Weapon finesse is a feat that can be applyed to all weapons mentioned in the feat. Melee touch(like with spells) are light weapons

That is a grey area, but I will say yes.  
Psychofish rolled 5 6-sided dice: 5, 2, 1, 3, 5 Total: 16 (5-30)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:16 pm
Rerolling ones. Then I need to figure out what kind of class I'll want to give a go in my first Pathfinder game.

SCORES
1 (x1)
2, 2 ,2 ,2 ,2 ,2 (x6)
3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (x5)
4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 (x6)
5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (x5)
6, 6, 6, 6, 6 (x5)  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Alzzak
Rain Yupa
Pathfinder question:

Edit

Weapon finesse is a feat that can be applyed to all weapons mentioned in the feat. Melee touch(like with spells) are light weapons

That is a grey area, but I will say yes.

After seeing my stats, I won't be needing Weapon Finesse. Weapon Focus is a go though?

EDIT: Also, are you suuuuure about this ability score generation method?  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 28 6-sided dice: 4, 6, 5, 3, 1, 1, 1, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1, 6, 6, 5, 1, 4, 2, 3, 3, 5, 6, 2, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2 Total: 100 (28-168)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:47 pm
******** it, I want to actually play a game with Rain.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Raganui Minamoto rolled 5 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 2, 6, 1 Total: 18 (5-30)

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:54 pm
rerolling 1s

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items