Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Old player seeking new game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:53 pm
sweatdrop

You don't say...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:20 pm
Better 3nodding

Though... you could have rearranged your stats to reflect the new array. You didn't have to put it into one of your two dump stats ninja

Especially since you probably want either Strength or Charisma to be really high, since you attack off one (or both) of those stats. ninja  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:53 pm
Was going to, then Real Life delivered a sneak attack with food.

Back now and it is fixed..  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:07 pm
So, a few questions about your background/character (I'm still not home to do a proper audit, sorry):

Was it 'born' in Cresca?
Did the woman in the story live there?
Do either live there now?
Are they still in each other's lives?
What has it been doing for most of the 10 years since?
What reason do you have in mind for how you can enter the story?

A lot of the questions mostly have to do with how the princess herself would react to Sy-9 when she saw him, if she's one of the king's children in your background. Excluding how you enter, that's mostly what I'm fishing for.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:49 pm
Was it 'born' in Cresca?
- No, but within a boardering allied nation.

- She was originally from Cresca, but moved to the other nation in order to find work as a woodworker and artist.

- The woman moves around, see below, Sy-9 is stationed in a temple.

- Since then she has became a Cleric of Moradin who, ontop of seeing to the well fair of orphaned children, councils to broken families.

Sy-9, although has accompanied her a number of times, Is often kept seprate of her by orders from high in the church.

- After a period of poking and prodding, as members of the church(and other places) tried to debunk the claim of divine touch; Sy-9 under went combat training and have been sent on a few simple missions. Though, in his spare time he would walk the streets, face and body covered, to observe civil life and in an attempt to learn people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:40 pm
Alzzak
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=814151

I will finish power selecting and odd bots, tomorrow. Backstory is done... And I can' seem to read the PHB. sweatdrop

You need to include the Warforged Resolve racial power.

Likewise with your Channel Divinity powers.

You should start with 1000 XP for level 2.

You have 1 too many surges (10+Con Mod(3) + Feat(2)).

I have your gold wrong and I checked it twice. I have you at 354 gp left vs your 346 after 1 magic item and 6 mundane items. Also, as a tip, you can get Plate armor at 50 gp, or +1 Magic Plate Armor at 360 gp. You'd have a lot less currency left, but it's +1 Armor. You can even squeeze out a +1 magic longsword instead and REALLY be cutting it close.

Your quick-lookup stats are wrong. You should have +7 to hit, not +6 (just look to the right of it).

Aaaand audit done.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:54 pm
Alzzak
Was it 'born' in Cresca?
- No, but within a boardering allied nation.

- She was originally from Cresca, but moved to the other nation in order to find work as a woodworker and artist.

- The woman moves around, see below, Sy-9 is stationed in a temple.

- Since then she has became a Cleric of Moradin who, ontop of seeing to the well fair of orphaned children, councils to broken families.

Sy-9, although has accompanied her a number of times, Is often kept seprate of her by orders from high in the church.

- After a period of poking and prodding, as members of the church(and other places) tried to debunk the claim of divine touch; Sy-9 under went combat training and have been sent on a few simple missions. Though, in his spare time he would walk the streets, face and body covered, to observe civil life and in an attempt to learn people.

Well, there's one really quick way to get you into the story. How's the thought of Sy-9 happened to be traveling through the region, and stopped in Cresca for some people-watching; it was caught and subsequently torch-and-pitchfork mobbed a couple days ago a la Frankenstein's Monster; he fled to the sewers to escape angry mob justice and was waiting for things to die down before trying to slip out of town. The party is just entering the sewer and there's no initial encounter planned in chamber 1, so they can find you instead.

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:35 pm
Speaking of copper, how much would a large cloth robe to fit over plate?

I can make that story work.

(editing sheet)  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:35 pm
Cloth armor is 1gp, so I imagine it wouldn't cost any more than that.

(Also, though its not in the PHB, 1 pint of oil costs 1sp; not sure where you'd carry it, though)

But otherwise, you're done!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:52 pm
Alzzak
I can make that story work.

I'll write you in as soon... as people start posting. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:49 am
Hopefully you won't mind me encroaching on your thread a little, but I felt a little silly to go and make one of my own when there was one up already.

I talked with Rain about coming back along with Tabi, or possibly running a game. Unfortunately given the situation with my work computer I don't think it's feasible to run a game to fill dead time on the slower periods in the week, since I can't keep game resources on my work machine, but I should be able to at least post my dice rolls on my phone and write my post's bodies to paste up in a break or afterwork. So for now if there are any games looking for an extra head, or planning to start soon, I'd be interested in hearing.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:19 am
I am thinking of starting a Pathfinder game, once I fix my computer. Or just start going to the library again...  

Alzzak

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:46 pm
Never played Pathfinder, but I'm not opposed to trying if there's an opening that's not adverse to someone new to it. It plays more or less like D&D 3.75, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:15 pm
More or less. If you played 3.5, it won't be hard to grasp.  

Alzzak

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:57 pm
The biggest thing to adapt to for Pathfinder, at least for me with me playing D&D 3rd ed since its release up until 4th was released, was that the skills work differently. I think there's a cap on how many ranks in a skill you can (I think equal to your level or something), but you get +3 if you have at least 1 rank in a skill, or something? I haven't actually gotten a good play of PF yet to know it down pat yet.

After that, it's also less restrictive for multiclassing.

The classes are SLIGHTLY different, but otherwise, the rest pretty much looks identical to 3.X.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff