Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Introductions
Learning the ropes.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spyke Poleris

Fashionable Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:32 pm
Hi all! I'm new. If you have any tips on how to get the gaian ball rolling as it were I'd appreciate them. Thus far all I've managed to delve into is achievements and trying to find a way to build a fun avatar. Any and all help is appreciated.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:42 am
Spyke Poleris

Hello there and welcome to our delightful guild!
Oh gosh, yeah getting to know Gaia can be a little bit of a tricky thing, mostly because I (personally) think there´s more to Gaia than what meets the eye. But lucki for you, we have some guides to help us all get on the way!

Luckily for us, the lovely Miss Ebania has made us this wonderful thing!
The guide to guides thread! it contains pretty much everything you need to know, but if you -do- have questions, please feel free to ask them biggrin

What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"
I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:39 am
    This is such a sweet and kind answer! But I must give credit to Daypaw, who composed the original Guide to Guides. I simply did some reformatting. 3nodding

Madeleine Heilburg

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm
Welcome to the NSTG! You're already off to a great start by being here. Cuz all teh cool kidz join nstg.

As for getting around Gaia, there's a lot to do here. Guides are awesome. I personally recommend playing booty grab (you get free goldz) in the aquarium forum. It's great for starting out on saving up goldz for market place shopping.

I also recommend the games- fishing is fun, but Lake Kindred is also good for amassing the shiny goldz. It's kinda like Pokemon. The Bunny Planet in particular is lucrative. Aside from gold, you get RIG drops and kindred pets you can also sell on the MP for goldz (or you can open the RIG and see what item you xD) .

And dumpster dive. A lot of peops seem to overlook this one. You usually get junk, like bugs or papers, but sometimes you find something really nice in there. biggrin And it's free, so why not? Just go to your inventory and toss back any junk you get. It's the gift that keeps on re-gifting. emotion_awesome  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Spyke Poleris

Fashionable Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:19 pm
Wow! Ok I'll look into all of that. Any other recommendations I should be aware of?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:55 am
Spyke Poleris

There are a few things I can think of.
Watch out for gold generators. Items that promises you gold when you open them, like fishing holes (You can get a Sakura fishing hole and a Frozen fishing hole from Fafnir´s Peak) and pink link (A gift-box that sometimes flies around on your screen). Gold generators generate a random amount of gold into the system, which just makes the already bad inflation worse :C
I mean it´s entirely up to you to choose what you do, of course ^^

What road do I take?
"Where do you want to go?"
I don't know.
"Then, it really doesn't matter, does it?"

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:06 pm
Also... with gold generators... they aren't worth it anyway. XD ...At least from reports I've seen. Gold generators give you a random amount of gold. You have to be mega lucky to get a good payout. In the end, you usually could make more gold if you just straight up bought a cash shop item and sold it in the marketplace. ... It's a bit more detailed than that, but that's the basics. Just.. don't do the gold option. It's never (rarely?) worth it anyway.

I think everyone already hit the basics.

Be sure to check the Free Gaia Cash Tree. I have the most luck with watching videos for cash. It's a little bit.. but it eventually adds up. I've bought 499gc items and such all for free.

Also, it doesn't hurt to click these links: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guides-and-resources/official-grant-archive-updated-6-30-16/t.85823129_2/#2
They're a one-time grant for items. A lot are silly, but some are useful. And subscribe to the thread to make sure you won't miss any when new links appear.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:44 pm
Spyke Poleris
Hi all! I'm new. If you have any tips on how to get the gaian ball rolling as it were I'd appreciate them. Thus far all I've managed to delve into is achievements and trying to find a way to build a fun avatar. Any and all help is appreciated.

Hello there!
In addition to what they've said, I'm big on alchemy. I finally found an awesome thread with great info I really wish I had had starting at level 1-like the component lists for formulas that don't show it in the Bi Frost.
If you're interested in alchemy, let me know! I can link the thread, answer most questions, and I have some components that could use a good home with someone working on the beginning alchemy levels.
Also, I have a shop in the Charities, Contests and Games thread-the Arcane Spell Exchange. Its for crafting spells kind of like alchemy, but right now I also have a RNG game going for the summer that you can play once per day and win goodies to help with Gaia activities or fab items!

Another hint is to vote daily on the runway. Its a good way to generate gold and get a look at what's out there, and if you do, every 8th day I think you get a bonus prize. So far its just been the [kindred]chirpette bundle-so the market is flooded with them, but the 100% ally 10 pack is great if you get into Lake Kindred.  

LotusInChains

Dapper Strawberry

28,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Party Animal 100
☆ Introductions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items