Entrepreneur FAQ's

Q: Why change the name for this subforum?
A: Not all businesses could fit in either the "Artisan" or "Diagon Alley/Knockturn Alley/Hogsmeade" subforums. Some businesses offer a service, instead of a product. Previously, those businesses would either be kept [npc] for simplicity, or were scattered around the guild in the "Streets of the UK and Muggle World Attractions" subforum. With the new subforum changes, ("Artisan" to "Entrepreneurs" ) this allows businesses a clear-cut place to be posted, and for other roleplayers to know that they are allowed to visit and roleplay in these establishments.

Q: Okay, but what's the difference, in character, between being an artisan, an entrepreneur, or a shop owner?
A: Almost all artisan's can be considered entrepreneurs because they organize and operate their own business, much like a shop owner. But not all entrepreneurs would be considered artisans, because unlike shop owners, they don't always have a product to sell. Instead, they are selling a service or a skill (e.g. daycare services, housekeepers, party planners, etc.) In this case, they don't need a store, but they might need a workshop, an office, a studio, a greenhouse, or even an entire building or warehouse.

Q: So what about the subforums? What's different about the "Entrepreneurs" subforum and the "Shopping in the UK" subforum? Aren't they the same?
A: The "Entrepreneur" subforum specializes in businesses, offices, and workshops. (IE: "This is an office you come into for X reason".) The "Shopping in the UK" would specialize in merchandise, shopping centers, cafes, or restaurants (IE: "This is a store you walk into and buy things".) Both will allow Muggle and Magical opportunity and both will allow NPC owned businesses/shops.

Q: So what if my character is both? An entrepreneur and a shop owner?
A: Lovely! You do not have to apply to be an entrepreneur. Simply fill out your application in either DA/KA or Shops of the UK and your character will be automatically assumed to be qualified in their profession (so long as their scores are not contradictory.)

Q: What do I do if my character is an assistant to a shop in Diagon Alley first and then wants to become the Owner/Entrepreneur? Like becoming an alchemist?
A. Like above, you do not need to apply to be an entrepreneur if you are going to open a shop in-guild. You would only apply to become an Entrepreneur if you do not want to work at or own a shop and would prefer to have an office for research purposes or to sell to NPC "vendors" or other in character Store Owners.

Q: Does my entrepreneur have to be magical to be able to post here?
A: Not at all! Wizard, Squib, or Muggle, there are plenty of jobs to go around. In fact, some businesses' might even be both! In those cases, you will have to show a distinction between the two worlds. One way to do that would be to separate the magical portion of your business to your workshop in this subforum (like enchanted paintings), while having only muggle aspects in your muggle storefront in the "Shopping in the UK" subforum. If you choose to do so, be sure to specify which is which in the first post of your business or shop.

Q: But I don't see the profession that I want for my character, can I request to have one added?
A; Yes you can! In order to do so, PM Essy ze Ninja with a PM titled "Entrepreneur Request". The Captains and Vice-Captains reserve the right to refuse professions if deemed unfit for the guild.

Q: Can I hire assistants to work at my business?
A: Yes! This subforum is going to operate similarly to DA/KA. There is now an "Entrepreneur Basics and Information" which runs parallel with the "Shop Owner Basics and Information". Once your business is approved, you will be responsible for hiring and firing applicants who have applied to work at your business.

Q: Can I work in an NPC Owned Business as an assistant?
A: Of course! There are applications specifically for assistants to NPC Owned Businesses in the Assistant Skeleton thread. Just read the instructions and post your application, a checker will be by as soon as possible to review it.

Q: If I don't want to run my own Entrepreneur business, can I request to have an NPC Business added?
A: Yes you may! Simply PM Essy ze Ninja with the message titled "NPC Entrepreneur Request". Feel free to include any specific notes, picture, or preferences, such as: location; whether it's magical, muggle, or both; etc.

All recent changes and updates will be detailed in red.