Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Resources
Aquarium & Booty Grab Guide Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:57 am
User Image

Computer/Browser Tips

• Fewer tabs is better. Have no more than 5 tabs open when playing booty grab. Tabs with a lot of media on them, such as YouTube videos, can increase lag.
  • Install an advertisement blocker, such as AdBlock Plus
  • Firefox is one of the best browsers to use for Booty Grab. Google Chrome is used by some users.

General Game Tips

• Access the game through a direct link if provided. Sometimes the glow timer in a user's post is also the direct link to the game.

• When you first open the game start tapping the center of the tank before the timer and instructions appear. Some fish will congregate and stay here during the pre-game countdown.
    User Image

• Frequently tap the blue bar at the bottom of the screen once the game starts. Certain fish will stay where they are when you do this. If you manage to get them to the center, all you have to do for a great game now is stay under the fish as they rain gold on you. Don't forget to keep tapping the blue bar or else the fish will spread out!
    User Image

• Change the quality setting to low and turn the game sound off.
    User Image User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:28 am
User Image

Platinum Granting Issues User Image

• There are several different issues around platinum grants in booty grabbing; one of the most frequent issues at the moment is the platinum "cap". Some users are affected and other users are not. Affected users usually find the first handful of games grant the amount displayed on the post game screen (e.g. 59:1); at some point the games start granting 0 or 1 platinum even though the post game screen still shows larger numbers. (If you compare your pre- and post-game platinum amount you can see how much you actually got from the game).

• Two possible solutions for users affected by the platinum cap: 1) Use gold currency for bumping glow threads, collecting daily chance, and voting in runway - use platinum currency for playing booty grab games; 2) If you have an alternate account, use one account for bumping glow threads and the other for playing booty grab. (Thank you, Klatt!)

• Another thing to keep in mind: sometimes closing the game too soon may forfeit your earnings. Make sure the game progresses from the screen showing your earnings to the screen showing the regular tank with the tank's music playing.

Already Played This Tank User Image

User ImageUser Image
  • For some games you may see a message at the bottom of the screen saying: You have already played this game. If you have already played the game, this is not a glitch, as you can only play each glow once. The message usually (but not always) occurs when a user has an Aquarium Submarine Ticket in their tank.

• Ignore the message if you have not played the glow yet! You can still play the game! The Booty Grab image appears in front of the error message after the game begins.

Overseer Stuck in Corner User Image

User ImageUser Image
  • After the game begins your overseer is stuck in the bottom left corner. Your avatar is probably gone as well.

• If you've verified that this is not due to your mouse being out of battery juice (if you have a wireless mouse) or a bad connection between the mouse and your computer (this applies to both a wireless and a wired mouse), this may be due to the occasional glitch that pops up.

• At the moment there is no verified cause for the glitch or any suggested solution. The glitch only lasts one game and resolves itself within a few seconds or after the game ends.

500:500 Result User Image

User ImageUser Image
  • Sometimes the results after a game will display as 500:500 instead of the amount of gold you should have received based on your score. Players are granted 500 to 506 gold when this glitch occurs. Most of the time this glitch randomly pops up, so there is no set way to eliminate it.

• If the glitch occurs on almost every game played for a specific tank it is likely due to an error in the coding for the direct link. Inform the tank owner that you frequently get the 500:500 error when playing their tank and suggest they re-enter the direct link for their tank. The most common coding error is changing the Tank ID in a different user's direct link and not changing the User ID. Both numbers have to be changed for the direct link to grant properly.
    User Image

Changes to Tank not Saving User Image

• There are two different versions of this problem. The first (non-glitch) version occurs when you try to add more fish to a tank with 17 fish. 17 is the maximum number of fish that you can have in a tank. Before you can add more fish, you have to wait for your current fish to die or move some of them to Barrett's tank. If you aren't sure how many fish you have, check your analysis or the tank stats in your signature tank.

• Unfortunately, I do not have any solutions available for the second (glitch) version. For this version of the problem, users are not trying to add more than 17 fish and are still having problems saving. If the problem persists over several days, I recommend filing a ticket to report the problem. You can submit a ticket by clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page and then selecting the tab that says My Tickets. Some users find making one change at a time (saving between each change) works for them.

• If you are having trouble saving the background or terrain, sometimes removing the current background/terrain first helps.

Party Ball Log Out User ImageUser ImageUser Image

• If you have an Aquarium Party Ball in your tank and continuously see a message saying that there was a problem loading your tank and that you may have logged out, you may have the party ball glitch.

• Removing the party ball(s) from your inventory should resolve the glitch. It is possible this glitch occurs more frequently in the tanks of users who don't visit Gaia very often.

Less frequent glitches and issues available here.

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:30 am
User Image

FISH

How do I feed my fish?
- In the bottom left corner of your tank there is a series of options, which includes Food. Select this option. After selecting Food, you will see the food available for your fish. Select each type to feed your fish.
User Image

Will some fish eat other fish?
- No.

Where do you buy fish food?
- You are not currently able to feed your fish anything other than the two free food types available with your tank.

Can I overfeed my fish?
- No.

Does having happier fish and better overall tank health influence booty grab scores?
- No. You may get better daily rewards from the Overseer though.

If I don't feed my fish, will my fish glow less or give out less gold?
- No; however, you should log in to Gaia within 24 hours of your last log in to make sure glows are triggered.

Can my fish mate or reproduce?
- No.

Do certain fish only like to be in the tank with specific types of fish?
- No.

What types of fish are there and are some better than others when playing booty grab?
- Some fish glow more frequently when in a tank with other fish of the same type and some fish do drop more gold than others. Check out the fish lists on page 2 (organized by how much a fish drops) and the details for each fish on pages 3 (low yield) and 4 (moderate and high yield).

Do fish get bigger?
- Yes; however, the trick behind bigger fish is not clear. Some guides suggest the fish size is randomly determined - other guides suggest a combination of time in tank and fish happiness are related to fish growth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:31 am
User Image

BOOTY GRAB

Can I play my own tank?
- No.

Why can't I see my own tank glowing?
- This is probably to prevent you from attempting to play your own tank. Other users can see your tank glowing though!
- If you want to know if your tank is glowing or not, check out your tank analysis or a glow timer with your tank ID (scroll down for information on glow timers).

Why is no-one playing my tank or bumping my glow thread?
- Check the section on common glitches and issues. If you have any of the items mentioned in that section, such as Aquarium Snowflakes or Aquarium Goldfish, try removing the items or adding different fish types.
- Interact with other users in the Aquarium Forum. The more often you bump and play other users' glows and talk to users, the more likely your glow will be noticed and played.

How can I find a glowing tank?
- Usually the topics at the top of the Gaia Aquarium forum contain a glowing tank on the first page (excluding Stickies and Announcements).
- If you are part of a Booty Grab guild, most guilds contain a list of tanks. When you go through this list, you can usually find a few tanks that are glowing.
- Some users have put together tank lists in the forums as well, such as Shamantras Booty Buddies (tank lists are on even numbered pages).
- The most tedious method, but often used when a user is new and not part of a guild, is to find an aquarium thread with a lot of pages and start scrolling through pages until a glowing tank is found.

How do I know when my next glow is?
- If you aren't receiving notices in My Gaia that indicate what time your glow will start between, check your Feed Preferences in Account Settings. Increase the feed for "Other notifications (includes auqarum)" by shifting the marker all the way to the right (+ More Feeds). If this doesn't work, reduce some of the other feeds settings by shifting their markers to the left.
- The notices in My Gaia provide a 10 minute period in which your glow is expected to start. Your glow may begin right at the start of the 10 minute period, sometime in the middle, or right at the end.
- You will only see one of these aquarium notices at a time. For example, if you were away all day and your tank glowed, you will not see any notices for the past glows, only the notice for an upcoming glow.
- Visiting My Aquarium a few minutes after your glow finishes will make the next glow time notice appear more quickly.
- Make sure you know what time zone your account is set to, as the time stamps on Gaia are not standardized. If you haven't adjusted the time zone in your account settings, your account is probably set to Pacific Time (PST/PDT).

What is the maximum amount of gold I can get per day playing Booty Grab?
- At the moment the Booty Grab daily gold cap is not known. One user made over 26 million Gaia Gold in one day playing BG.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:51 am
User Image

OTHER

How do I make a glow timer?
- Note: Timer versions 1 and 2 are currently broken.
- The codes below contain TTTTTT; this part of the code needs to be replaced with your tank ID. See the next question for more information on Tank ID.
- Version 1: User Image User Image
This timer is the most popular timer used. It indicates how long the tank has been glowing for and how many users have played the tank. The timer also indicates the tank is about to start glowing within 1 minute of the glow starting and displays the number of plays for 13 minutes and 5 seconds after the glow stopped. Don't be surprised if the timer changes with the seasons to say Happy Holidays instead of Not Glowing.
[img]http://www.awesomolocity.info/g/i/?TTTTTT[/img]

- Version 2: User Image User Image
This timer is becoming more popular. It indicates how long the tank has been glowing, the number of plays, and if the glow will start glowing within 1 minute or that the glow is over and the tank had a certain number of plays. If you place the timer at the bottom of your signature, it looks like part of your tank.
[img]http://www.awesomolocity.org/gtools/fishSig.php?id=TTTTTT[/img]

- Version 3: User Image
This timer is not as popular as the other two timers, as it opens the game in a new window, which usually results in more laggy game play. Booty Grab Glow Indicator is available through Gaia Labs and appears next to the user's name, quote, and tip options when their tank is glowing. It is not visible when a user's tank is not glowing.

- There are other types of timers available. The three listed above are the most common timers used in the forums.

What is my Tank ID?
- Open your tank through direct link or through your signature. The set of numbers listed after EnvironmentId in the URL is your Tank ID.

User Image

What should I include in my signature?
- I recommend three things: 1) Your tank, 2) Link to bump thread (preferably the post composition), and 3) Glow timer
- I have seen users add more to their signatures though, including Direct Links and mule tank information.
- Including Guild and Guide banners is completely up to you.

Which direct tank link works best?
- Some users find that direct links that end in "false" (instead of "true" ) are more likely to have a delay at the start of the booty grab game, as all the decorations have to load before the game starts.
- One of the most reliable direct links is provided below; don't forget to change TTTTTT to your tank ID and UUUUUU to your user ID.
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/tank/UUUUUU/?version=133&userEnvironmentId=TTTTTT&gsiUrl=www&isInEdit=false&firstTime=&location=popUp&quality=low&graphicsServer=http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/&isGameActive=true]Direct Link[/url]

- If you would like to put a direct link in your signature, but are struggling with the character limit, two shorter versions of the direct link are provided below. The first code contains GameActive=true, which is recommended, but the second code is shorter without that component. (Thank you, Klatt!)
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/tank/UUUUUU/?userEnvironmentId=TTTTTT&gsiUrl=www&location=popUp&isGameActive=true]Tank[/url]

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/tank/UUUUUU/?userEnvironmentId=TTTTTT&gsiUrl=www&location=popUp]Tank[/url]

User ImageWhat is Barrett's Tank?
- This is a place where you can store your fishes if you won't be using them for a while. For example, if you were going on vacation for several weeks and don't have someone to watch your glows for you, you can put your fish in Barrett's tank to wait until you get back. While in Barrett's tank your fish will not glow, appear in your signature tank, or age.
- To put your fish in Barrett's Tank, click on the fish you want to move and select the option at the bottom of the fish profile that says "Remove From Tank".
- To remove your fish from Barrett's Tank, open your Aquarium Inventory on the tank page, select Barrett's Tank, and click and drag your fish from Barrett's Tank to your tank as you would a regular fish or item.

How do I remove the item Aquarium Jaws (AKA overseer) from my tank?
- You can't remove the item from your tank the way most items can be removed.
- Moving Aquarium Jaws to your Locker/Storage will make it disappear. A word of warning though: certain bugs have been known to happen when users move items to Locker/Storage.
- If you really don't want to see the overseer, you can hide it behind a large decoration, such as Aquarium Tubeworm (sometimes starts small and grows larger over time), Aquarium Shipwreck, or Aquarium Rock.
- This item is frozen to your account, so you can't trash, trade, gift, or sell it.

How do I remove an equipped background without equipping another background?
- Same way you remove tank decorations. If you hover over the background of your tank for a few seconds a small 'x' will appear in the top right hand corner. This button is very hard to see; if you can't find the 'x', move another decoration in the tank. The save button will appear in the top right corner; the 'x' is located next to the save button on the right hand side, near the top.

I tapped my tank several times, so why isn't the number of taps in my signature increasing?
- The signature takes a while to update. Wait 24 hours before checking to see if the number changed.

What do I do if my bump thread is said to be old and decrepit?
- Post in it. As soon as the owner of an old and decrepit thread posts in their thread, other users will be able to post in it.
- You can also make a new thread if you wish, but the method above is much easier.
- Users trying to post in an old thread with see the following messages: "Sorry, this thread is now old and decrepit. Please find a newer thread about this topic or create your own to continue discussing!" and "Oops, we found the following problems: Error: Sorry, this thread is now old and decrepit. Please find a newer thread about this topic or create your own to continue discussing!"
- If you notice a user's signature links to a thread that is old and decrepit, let the user know so they can post in the thread or edit the signature link so it directs users to a newer thread.

How do I display my tank in my profile?
- Current Profiles: Click "edit my profile layout" at the top of your profile. There is an option for content, click this. Select the button beneath "My Aquarium" that says "+ Add". Position your aquarium wherever you wish, save your profile, and your tank should now be visible on your profile.
- Classic Profiles (Method 1): Find your tank ID (instructions for finding tank ID are listed earlier in the FAQ section). Add your tank ID to the following code and then post the code in the multimedia section for your profile.
http://s2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/aquarium/ProfileView.swf?gsiUrl=www&userEnvironmentId=TTTTTT&version=084&quality=low&location=profile

- Classic Profiles (Method 2): Click here!
- Current or Classic Profiles: Post your glow timer in the "About Me" section with links to your bump thread and/or tank.

Is it worthwhile setting up a tank?
- Yes! Even if you don't plan to spend much time and effort on the tank, you still get to rake in some extra gold when other users play your glow! If your tank is in your signature, posting during forum events can generate a lot more plays and gold.
- There is the potential to make a lot of new friends and become a member of some amazing guilds through Booty Grab. Many of these guilds offer in-guild games for a chance of scoring avatar items, bundles, and fish.
- If you're looking to get a lot of gold fast, however, Lake Kindred will probably get you more gold in the span of a day. Playing 110 Booty Grab games can get you over 25 million Gaia Gold; playing 110 games in the first area of Lake Kindred (Lake Kindred, stages 1 - 5) can get you about 300k Gaia Gold; playing 15 games in the Zen temple area (stage 6) can get you over 1 billion gold depending on the kin you fight.

Why does my booty grab thread have so many negative votes?
- You are not doing anything wrong! Really! Some users have nothing better to do than down vote threads - other users will down vote a thread if it doesn't have a full tank of fish that they think are the best.
- If you keep playing booty grab and make a lot of friends in the booty grab community, the number of positive votes will go up over time!

Additional Frequently Asked Questions available here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:55 am
User Image

BACKGROUNDS

Sky
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Landscapes
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Seascapes
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Buildings
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

People, Animals, Mermaids, zOMG Monsters
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Other
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:03 am
User Image

TERRAINS, ROCKS, AND SHELLS

Pebble Terrains
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Other Terrains
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rocks
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Shells
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:05 am
User Image

PLANTS & SEA ANIMALS

Trees, Grass, and Tropical Plants
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Flowers
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Asian
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Underwater Plants
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User Image

Sea Animals
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:14 am
User Image

OTHER DECORATIONS

Asian
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Antiques
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Earth and Space

Animals and ZOMG Monsters
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Stickers
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Other
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Not Available
User Image Aquarium Driftwood - Poor tagging in the marketplace; can't find the listing. Owners say the item is locked and cannot be sold.

Glitched - Do Not Use!
User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:19 am
User Image

These fish do not glow and do not drop gold or items. They are usually inexpensive or moderately expensive and can often be found when Dumpster Diving. Many of the fish in the Low Yield section that aren't Mini Monsters have a lite version. The lite versions are distinguished by the word "lite" in brackets in the name and on the item image.

User Image When a lite fish dies, they yield the item Fish Drop [lite]. This drop has the potential to give you one of many different items, including gold, fish, aquarium decorations, avatar items, and game items.
User Image Goldfish yield Goldfish Drops after death. Thhis drop will give you one of the following items: Gold Tiara, Gold Wrist Watch, Gold Heart Hairpin, Black Reading Glasses, or Goldfish Scarf (rare).
User Image Party Ball yields the item Beach Ball after death.  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:42 pm
User Image

Players can usually expect to earn 3k to 50k Gaia Gold while playing tanks full of these fish. More information on these fish is available on page 3.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:46 pm
User Image

When using the tips for improving score and reducing lag, players can usually earn 50 to 100k Gaia Gold while playing tanks full of these fish. More information on these fish is available on page 4.

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:18 pm
User Image

When using the tips for improving score and reducing lag, players can usually earn over 100k Gaia Gold while playing tanks full of these fish. More information on these fish is available on page 4.

User Image Box Fish
User Image Dolphin
User Image Gwee Horse
User Image Irrawaddy Dolphin
User Image Memphis the Mermaid
User Image Watermeat

User Image Mini Monsters Airshark
User Image Mini Monsters Giant Stone Coatl
User Image Mini Monsters Landshark
User Image Mini Monsters LT. Grunny Sub
User Image Mini Monsters Outlaw Wolf

★ These two fish have a reputation for being the biggest and baddest fish in the sea! When you get a full glow, use tips for reducing lag and improving score, and get the best possible combination of buffs it is possible to earn over 800k Gaia Gold in a single game.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:22 pm
User Image

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:02 pm
User Image

☆ Resources

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff