Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 5e] Firefall: Ignition [ON PAUSE]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:24 pm
Okay, so I've really been trying to motivate myself to actually build a proper campaign. I've been working on it for a few months now and I've playtested the beginning a few times. It still isn't perfect by any means and has undergone numerous changes over time. So here's my plan. I'm going to offer this game as a secondary playtest. The party will be limited to three players and the game will not go further than the games opening (which is actually rather long). It will mostly be for me to get criticisms and make improvements on the general tone and style of the campaign. If the players found the game and the plot enjoyable, then I will open a new full game with a six player max, giving priority to the playtesters.

It is an extremely open-ended campaign where players can pick and choose various mini-quests to go on, punctuated by major events, all with a final goal in mind.

Here are the details

Character Sheets:

1]
2]
3]

Premise/Foreword:
Only known among the highest of priests, the War of the Banners was more than just a war of civilization vs monsters. It was a war of gods. Gods of chaos planted the seeds of war and destruction in the hearts of monsters and men. They ravaged the land as one cohesive army known as the Green Army. The war is now over and the gods of chaos have been put back in their place and balance has been restored. But the ripples of the divine war still linger, and something much darker is stirring in the abyss of the Celestial Plane.

Setting/Background:
Its been 55 years since the War of the Banners ended. The Alliance of the Flame, the great conglomerate of states and kingdoms that fought the Green Army, has broken up and the world seemingly returned to its normal state. Our story begins in the city-state of Flamesreach. Once a great fortress town ruled entirely by the Dragonborn to fight off the Green Army, Flamesreach is now a flourishing trading port.

Adventurer's guilds dot the land. Groups of warriors and heroes for hire. Every major city has a guild of their own, each with a unique name and personality. Ten years ago, Lord Rendrag, a wise old dragonborn, hardened by the war, had his son and the captain of the guard found the Flamesreach Guild of Adventurers. His son, Nave, was a ruthless pugilist and became the guild leader. The captain of the guard, Grayan Heartscale, was nearing retirement and decided to run the guild as the Guild Master. This guild became known as the Firefall Guild. It gained this name for its unorthodox methods and Dragonborn majority. The guild gained fame and fortune over the course of five years. With people coming from all around to request the aid of the famed Guild. But nothing good lasts forever, and both Grayan and Nave, the Guild Master and guild leader, went mysteriously missing. Presumably murdered because soon the other members started disappearing, either turning up murdered or simply missing. The killer or killers were never found and the guild was disbanded.

Game introduction/Plot:
Five years after the guild disbanded, you find yourself in the fortress city of Flamesreach. There is a festival going on marking the 55 year anniversary following the war. News had spread of the Firefall Guild reforming. No one wants to join. Some say its cursed, the elders say its been dishonored, and others say the new guildmaster is simply not worthy. But regardless, you find yourself at the large wooden doors of the guildhouse, ready to join.

Character Creation:
Available Sources: Any official 5e resource (and some homebrew on request. Details must be provided and approved)
Banned Resources: I retain the right to deny the use of any resource

Homebrew in use:
Expanded Divine Domains (Details in Pantheon Doc)
Gunslinger (New Class+weapons) link
Pugilist (Altered Monk, still a new class) link

ECL: Level 1
Gold: Class and Background Appropriate
Ability Scores: Point buy only. I will do the math don't test me.
Hit Points: Normal hit point gain per level
Alignments: No Evil characters, no exceptions (unless you are extremely convincing)
Pantheon: Ashen Pantheon, described here (NOTE: THIS PANTHEON IS INCOMPLETE AND USES UNTESTED THIRD PARTY DIVINE DOMAINS, I CANNOT PROMISE THAT I WILL KEEP USING THEM)
Backgrounds: You MUST follow or at least revere a god, and it CANNOT be a god that someone else follows. This will make sense soon. I promise.

House Rules:
WORKIN ON IT  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:43 pm
I may be interested. Question though, Wild sorcerors ability, tides of chaos. Can we house rule the the effects happen instantaneously instead of dms discretion? Its less for you to keep track of and basically says that I get the option of having advantage when I want with a 1 in 20 chance of insta death for me.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:46 pm
PupSage
I may be interested. Question though, Wild sorcerors ability, tides of chaos. Can we house rule the the effects happen instantaneously instead of dms discretion? Its less for you to keep track of and basically says that I get the option of having advantage when I want with a 1 in 20 chance of insta death for me.

I'll look into it and get back to you ASAP!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:23 pm
PupSage

Alright, I have decided to make an altered feature:

Tides of Chaos

Starting at 1st level, you can manipulate the forces of chance and chaos to gain advantage on one attack roll, ability check, or saving throw. Once you do so. You must finish a long rest before you can use this feature again. Any time before you regain the use of this feature, the DM can have you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table immediately after you cast a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher. Alternatively, following the casting of a spell of 1st level or higher you can expend an extra spell slot of any level to push your powers beyond their limit and roll on the Wild Magic Surge table. You then regain the use of this feature.  

aqua_inc

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:46 am
Mmk, I am going to make a swashbuckling rogue from sword coast adventures.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:51 pm
PupSage
Mmk, I am going to make a swashbuckling rogue from sword coast adventures.

I take it that means you arent going with a Sorcerer then?  

aqua_inc

dbz2010

Obsessive Prophet

13,400 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:02 pm
I have a Dwarf fighter that I can toss in here. I have most of her information ready to go in a D&D character sheet that I made online. I just need to roll for her stats and HP  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:05 pm
dbz2010

Just as a heads up so you don't get put off by a lack of response, Aqua is currently on vacation traveling for like, another week. Something like that. I figure it would be better for me to let you know than to say nothing.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

dbz2010

Obsessive Prophet

13,400 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:06 pm
Rain Yupa
dbz2010

Just as a heads up so you don't get put off by a lack of response, Aqua is currently on vacation traveling for like, another week. Something like that. I figure it would be better for me to let you know than to say nothing.

ah ok. thank you for letting me know  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff