Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Freeform Dungeons and Dragons rp?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akemi Mercuraki

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:17 pm
Would anyone be interested?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:47 am
What do you mean by free form?  

Kowsauni
Crew

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:20 pm
What's the point of freeform if you're going to lock it behind a rule set...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:21 pm
Kowsauni

I said Freeform not Free Form.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeform_role-playing_game
Closest I could find to the first time I had to get a site to explain that, but it's not an RPG. As it's just a regular Gaia RP. I've had one before.  

Akemi Mercuraki

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Akemi Mercuraki

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:23 pm
Mongooseh
What's the point of freeform if you're going to lock it behind a rule set...

No, Systems except for events. All my Rps these days are in my own guilds, so I'd need to use 20k of my gold to make it..
Edit: I am not sure why I said systems were events.
Even Freerform RPs have rules. I just mean no Stats or dice. I recently discovered 5.0, almost finished with my library's version, but some how skipped out on the equipment chapter and of the two two I had on hold of what I think are 5th edition the Monster Manual is still on hold, so yeah I got plenty of other library books on hold and here to keep me busy and my computer, but that's not at it's best right now.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:45 pm
Akemi Mercuraki
Kowsauni

Closest I could find to the first time I had to get a site to explain that, but it's not an RPG. As it's just a regular Gaia RP. I've had one before.

You're coming off as condescending here. Kowasuni probably knew what you meant and wanted an elaboration not the definition. Same as I did and the way you just described what you wish to achieve sounds like an aimless game. So what? The adventurers just faff about town till something happens? I am failing to realise the point of this.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Akemi Mercuraki

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:13 pm
Mongooseh
Akemi Mercuraki
Kowsauni

You're coming off as condescending here. Kowasuni probably knew what you meant and wanted an elaboration not the definition. Same as I did and the way you just described what you wish to achieve sounds like an aimless game. So what? The adventurers just faff about town till something happens? I am failing to realise the point of this.

No, seriously have you ever done Barton RP?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:41 am
Akemi Mercuraki
Mongooseh
Akemi Mercuraki
Kowsauni

Yes and I think I described it aptly. The players are either fighting amongst themselves or are just dilly rallying about. Then the Lord almighty Gm decides something shall happen.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Akemi Mercuraki

Unbeatable Hero

12,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:17 pm
Mongooseh
Akemi Mercuraki
Mongooseh
Akemi Mercuraki
Kowsauni

DND like settting but GMs don't exist in Rps.

Yes and I think I described it aptly. The players are either fighting amongst themselves or are just dilly rallying about. Then the Lord almighty Gm decides something shall happen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:01 pm
There is a reason most of us are here instead of an rp guild. No need to worry about powerplayers, autohitters, god complex, anime bullshit.

No kings. No gods. Only dice.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 pm
PupSage
There is a reason most of us are here instead of an rp guild. No need to worry about powerplayers, autohitters, god complex, anime bullshit.

No kings. No gods. Only dice.

And a rule set.

And @Akemi no GM? What is the person then who starts the RP and controls the NPC's this is just semantics. And DND setting unless you have a specific one in mind Faerun, Forgotten Realms, whatever the hawk one is, Eberron and etc. If it isn't one of those then it's just generic medieval fantasy setting no. 7294.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games