Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain panders to the new blood - A new D&D 4e game! CLOSED Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 am
[ Character Sheets ]

Optional
  • 4] Flint, Longtooth Shifter Ranger
  • 5]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
The king's health has been diminishing due to a strange and mysterious illness, and he has finally passed during the night. His rightful heir, Prince Adrian, has fallen ill with the same affliction, and his mother, Queen Rosalia, has assumed the throne in his stead, supposedly at Adrian's request.

You are swords for hire, either mercenaries or adventurers looking for some quick coin. You are approached by an individual claiming to represent the twin sibling of Adrian, Princess Bianca, the king's only other child. This person wishes to hire you to help the princess escape the castle, hinting at something much darker is going on behind the scenes.

[ Setting Information/Background ]
Generations ago, the Kingdom of Cresca was paramount in the formation of a multi-kingdom Alliance that helped unify the land in a time of great turmoil and war. Each of the six kingdoms have helped bring stability and peace, with Cresca seen as the leader. During the current reign of King Alfonse Cresca, the kingdom has moved from the forefront of politics and governance to more of a back seat. Politics as they are, the other five kingdoms were quick to grab at any extra power Cresca had relinquished.

As such, King Alfonse Cresca was seen as somewhat unpopular by the majority of their citizens, but peace still remained and the kingdom's people remained loyal to their king. At the time, rumors that the king's marriage to a woman named Rosalia from the Kingdom of Sarvucci - a kingdom not part of the Alliance but has ceased hostilities with it as a result of the marriage - had something to do with it. But nearly twenty years have passed since then and rumors had faded into a mere footnote in the history books as people moved on with their lives and did their thing.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
You will initially be hired to help evacuate the princess from the castle during the queen's supposed coup, and soon find yourself fighting to take down an entire kingdom in order to save it, and many more from an unseen threat.

[ Character Creation ]
If you need a good online character sheet, I strongly recommend Myth Weavers!

Available Sources: Player's Handbook 1, Player's Handbook 2, Player's Handbook 3*, Martial Power 1+2, Divine Power, Arcane Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power*, Adventurer's Vault1*+2*+Magnificent Emporium*, Eberron Player's Guide*, Forgotten Realms Player Guide*
Restricted Resources: Player's Handbook 3 (No Hybrids; no Ardent, Battlemind, Psion; no Wilden, Shardmind, Minotaur). Psionic Power (No Ardent, Battlemind, Psion). AV1/2/MME (See starting equipment). FRPG (Swordmage, Warlock Dark Pact available, and any appropriate Paragon Paths and feats not specific to that setting). EPG (Artificer available, and any Paragon Paths and feats not specific to that setting).
Banned Resources: Anything not from these books, including Essentials and Magazine stuff. If I can't look it up in my books, it's a no-go.

ECL: 2nd level
Gold: 800 gp; you may not purchase any magic items higher than level 1.
Races: As above.
Ability Scores: 4d6 drop the lowest, 7 times drop the lowest score. If you dislike the score and it's under 25 points in the point-buy system (p17), you may reroll once. If you still are weaker, then just use the point buy already! Geez! If one player is much stronger/weaker than the others, I reserve the right to tweak low stats.
Hit Points: It's 4e.
Alignments: No chaotic evil.
Pantheon: Standard 4e
Backgrounds: If you really want; I find them too restrictive personally.

[ House/Optional Rules ]
Standard Rain rules, as seen here. The only real major one to worry about is that you can use multiple Action Points in one battle, just not in one round.

[ Recruitment ]
This thread is created on the 22nd of May. Currently, only people who are not in any games yet may apply. This is to allow new players the opportunity to join a game!
On the 27th of May, if any slots are not yet filled, the game opens up to people who are actively DMing a game. If you've posted within the last 2 weeks as a DM, then that counts as active.
On the 29 of May, the game opens up to everyone else.
On the 1st of June, opportunities to join will close (if you haven't at least submitted a 1st draft character sheet, then sucks to be you). If the minimum slots have been filled, game will begin shortly afterwards. Otherwise, I'll see if I can shoe-horn the interested 1-2 players into Orb of Kendar instead.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:21 pm
This is cool!, I wanna join it, I never really played Dnd 4e though so I will be very nooby at it. I'll get a CS up in a bit  

Madokamagica123

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:21 pm
The other D&D 4e game I have going, Orb of Kendar, was originally designed for 2 brand-new-to-D&D-newbies, but I can still link you to the thread I helped guide them through the processes. If you have any D&D experience with different editions, you could probably gloss by the first page since it's mostly stuff like, "Here's what rolling for stats means! Here's why you might want certain stats higher than others! Here's what skill checks mean!"

Something to note for 4e: Most classes are categorized by "role", which reflects how they were designed.
  • Defenders are good at keeping enemies locked down in combat with them so they don't bother allies. They're usually pretty tanky. Fighters, Paladins, Wardens, and Swordmages are examples of Defenders.
  • Strikers are damage dealers. They kill things good. Rogues, Rangers, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Barbarians, Monks, and Avengers are examples of Strikers.
  • Leaders are classes that buff or heal teammates. Even those that aren't focused on healing can still heal though. Clerics, Bards, Warlords, Shamans, Artificers, and Runepriests are Leaders.
  • Controllers debuff and manage enemies, and usually have access to more area-of-affect attacks. They can be good at taking out squads of weaker enemies too, or can focus on locking down one enemy at a time. Wizards, Seekers, Druids, and Invokers are all Controllers.

I bring this up so what you may play might be influenced by what other people do. A well balanced party will have all the roles covered (some classes can "fake" a role if you build them a certain way, like an extra-healy paladin or a really damage-dealing wizard). Also, that's the full list of classes available too smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:30 am
Rain Yupa
The other D&D 4e game I have going, Orb of Kendar, was originally designed for 2 brand-new-to-D&D-newbies, but I can still link you to the thread I helped guide them through the processes. If you have any D&D experience with different editions, you could probably gloss by the first page since it's mostly stuff like, "Here's what rolling for stats means! Here's why you might want certain stats higher than others! Here's what skill checks mean!"

Something to note for 4e: Most classes are categorized by "role", which reflects how they were designed.
  • Defenders are good at keeping enemies locked down in combat with them so they don't bother allies. They're usually pretty tanky. Fighters, Paladins, Wardens, and Swordmages are examples of Defenders.
  • Strikers are damage dealers. They kill things good. Rogues, Rangers, Sorcerers, Warlocks, Barbarians, Monks, and Avengers are examples of Strikers.
  • Leaders are classes that buff or heal teammates. Even those that aren't focused on healing can still heal though. Clerics, Bards, Warlords, Shamans, Artificers, and Runepriests are Leaders.
  • Controllers debuff and manage enemies, and usually have access to more area-of-affect attacks. They can be good at taking out squads of weaker enemies too, or can focus on locking down one enemy at a time. Wizards, Seekers, Druids, and Invokers are all Controllers.

I bring this up so what you may play might be influenced by what other people do. A well balanced party will have all the roles covered (some classes can "fake" a role if you build them a certain way, like an extra-healy paladin or a really damage-dealing wizard). Also, that's the full list of classes available too smile

I'm gonna try a Ranger since they look like a good beginner role. I'll roll up a CS soon.

Also I have a question: What are some good character idea's for this Campaign?.  

Madokamagica123

Madokamagica123

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:57 am
I have a question. can my character be the b@stard son of the king?.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:20 pm
Madokamagica123
I have a question. can my character be the b@stard son of the king?.

I'm going to have to say 'no' to this, because of [REDACTED]. I try not to have my plots be quite so black-and-white, and that would throw major complications into the storytelling sweatdrop My apologies.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

TheDeadPanVirus

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:28 am
Yes! I'd like to join!~ All that information helped a great deal. I'll get my character sheet up tomorrow, it's like 2 30 am here. gotta sleep at some point.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:36 pm
Hey there! This seems fun! Mind if I join up?

I originally had a character that used a lot of the supplementary content. But I gave a new character a shot and I think it looks pretty good.

Here it is  

aqua_inc

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:17 pm
Not at all! But you still need to roll for your stats here ^-^

It's a twofold reason. One, is if you have a stronger character than anyone else that's not fair for everyone else. Two, is if everyone else has stronger characters than you it's not fair for you.

My old DM used to tweak weaker stat sets (i.e., usually mine) after rolling so it's my go-to procedure for stat gen unless I have something more thematic in mind.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:14 am
Rain Yupa

It's a twofold reason. One, is if you have a stronger character than anyone else that's not fair for everyone else. Two, is if everyone else has stronger characters than you it's not fair for you.

My old DM used to tweak weaker stat sets (i.e., usually mine) after rolling so it's my go-to procedure for stat gen unless I have something more thematic in mind.

Okay I'm putting the finishing touches on my CS, I'll be able to have it put up by somewhere around this morning. I re-rolled my stats since I forgotten too

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also PS: I finished my CS!. Some dude  

Madokamagica123

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:18 am
I'll have to hunt for my 4e character generator...  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:14 am
Rain Yupa

I actually used the point buy system from the DDI character creator. I had a PDF character sheet, but the export is broken so it came up blank xp
If you still want me to roll, then I can do that

I'm also working on a healing focused cleric character if we are in need of a leader  

aqua_inc

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:19 pm
I guess at this point, I should make some sort of formal, official proclamation concerning stats:

According to the character generation guidelines in the first post, you must roll for your stats. In addition, you must roll here, in this thread.

For the most part, many DMs in the guild won't accept dice rolls unless they can see them (most games either have you roll in the main RP thread, and/or in a separate dice roll thread).

Madoka, I'll let that go because I can see what you rolled in that image and they really aren't that good, but you really should roll in here. In addition, if you use the point-buy method to see what that set is worth (dropping the 7), it comes out to 18 points. You may use your one reroll to aim for better stats, but it must be done in this thread.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:09 pm
Okay, okay, I think I get the idea sweatdrop

So, 4d6 7 times. Do I roll using the forum's rolling action or...? (I've never done play by post before, please bear with me)

or should i just tell you the results of the rolls?

4,4,4,6 = 14
2,4,3,1 = 9
5,6,3,2 = 14
5,4,4,2 = 13
5,6,5,1 = 16
6,2,2,5 = 13
3,5,4,6 = 15

Final Array = 14,14,13,16,13,15

Not as much specialization as I would have liked. But hey, that's how the dice fall, right?  

aqua_inc

aqua_inc

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 7:30 pm
New character and old character using new rolls:

Lucan, Elf Cleric
Iados, Eladrin Rogue

I would like to play as Lucan the most, but ill play as Iados if we are in need of a striker.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff