Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Post here to keep your Artisan Thread!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:10 pm
Post Here to Keep Your Artisan Thread!

In the next upcoming weeks, a few subforums will be undergoing a few renovations. Namely, the Artisans subforum, the Streets of the UK and Muggle World Attractions, and the Forests, Lakes, Mountains, and Cities. These changes are going to hopefully allow more freedom for roleplayers to own a variety of shops and businesses in both the muggle and wizarding world. The Artisan subforum will soon be renamed to the Entrepreneur subforum, which is essentially the same thing as an Artisan, however, there are a few key distinct differences.

1) Entrepreneurs offer a wider range of business opportunities for characters.
2) The new changes will offer a bigger range of flexibility for jobs for squibs, muggles, and magicalfolk.
3) NPC businesses will now be added, similar to Diagon and Knockturn Alley's NPC shops.
4) Characters do not have to run or own a business, they can be assistants to NPC businesses' unlike Diagon and Knockturn Alley.

So! If you would like to keep your character as an Artisan/Entrepreneur, please post in this thread stating so. Otherwise, your threads will be moved to the Graveyard during the revamp.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:11 pm
I posty to keep Rem's Office.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:12 pm
I'm keeping Jessamine, my spell inventor's, thread.  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 6:16 pm
PIPER'S DEAD DELETE HER SHIZZ

And she's not even my only artisan, Damien's one too, he just doesn't have an office in this subforum because he also owns Ollivander's so (o3o)/  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:03 pm
Yes goodness! I'm keeping Niall's Mind Healer and Naitainna's Art artisan offices.
Though I might change his room a bit since he's had some -ahem- complaints about the color  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 11:14 pm
keep mine, please!
Milo's still a musician, though he doesn't have an office because he owns a shop
Tiffany's a potioneer, though she's also in the MESP... so idk if she needs to be an astaisain anymore...  

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:28 am
Don't know if I need to post but I'm Samuel.

He's is a musician. He just doesn't have an office because I never got around to making one. Though at this point he should have found a more stable job as like a part time shop person or something... again something I never got around too.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:58 pm
I'm going to make a PSA since this has come up three separate times since this thread was posted yesterday >.>

Potioneers do not fall under Artisans

Because of the canonical existence of The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers, they have their own job application thread, and their own subforum, which is where their offices should be posted. You do NOT need to post here concerning your Potioneers, as they are a separate thing within the guild.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 10:23 am
I'm keeping Benji as a spell inventor, but Benji doesn't have an office thread as he has his shop instead.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 pm
Whoops, sorry about the confusion, y'all.

Here's PSA 2.0

This is for those who already have a thread posted in the Artisan's subforum. If you do not have a thread currently posted, don't worry about this.

However, I would suggest waiting for the new revamp before posting your character's threads if you have not already done so (unless necessary for roleplay reasons.)

This is because of the new procedures regarding the layout of how Entrepreneur threads should be set up.

If anyone has any questions, you can feel free to ask them in this thread.

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:59 pm

If you've been quoted, you currently have a thread posted in the Artisan/Entrepreneur Subforum.

When you can, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the changes outlined in the Entrepreneur FAQs.

The official revamp has rolled out and the new guidelines for how threads should be set up have been detailed in the Entrepreneur Basics and Information thread.

If your second and third post are already taken up with roleplaying posts, you do not need to worry about making sure those posts align with the new set-up. Consider yourself exempt.

The main (and important) changes that should be updated in your threads however have been bolded below.

Threads that have not been updated by the end of the September will be removed.

Quote:

+ Title the thread as "Business Name ~ Profession ~ Location".

+ The first post should be about your business, where you are located, what service or product you are selling, who works there, if you are magical and/or muggle, etc. (Not all entrepreneurs have to run their own shop. Instead you can own a workshop and supply goods to another business or store. Such as wand-makers/broom-makers would offer to Diagon Alley shops, etc.)

+ This is important! At the bottom of the first post, there should be a short note detailing the magical/muggle/both status of a business. it should read similar to "The Theatre is Muggle Only." Or "The First Floor is Muggle Only. The Second Floor is Magical Only." Or "This Club is Magical Only." Etc.

+ The second post should be more in depth about the products you are selling, how much they cost, how many are in stock, a list of clientele, open or booked appointments, etc.

+ The third post should be reserved; in this post you can look for assistants if you'd like, or place announcements there for customers to see.

Yukina101
Niall Hughes and Naitanna Hawthorne

The Forgotten Weasley
Jessamine Walsh

Violet the Maestro
Amanda Barrington

The Graveyard (Trash)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items