Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
It started with a drink,. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noname 51

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:17 pm
Not sure, this is how buying slaves recruiting for campaigns was done. So if wrong, Tell me and I will blame someone else.

That said, and before I get to the accepting part, there are a house rule I play with and foreknowledge I want to share.

*Gold or Reputation: Every PC has an unlisted stat, Reputation, that has just as much or more pull with NPC's as a good Charisma modifier. And the best part of this stat, the player's manage it with their actions/levels/words and once per day can reroll a bad Social roll swapping their Reputation score for Charisma.

- And I normally run with light campaigns(3 or less players), and we meet some night on a weekend. So, I may be busy on the weekends. You have been warned.

Now, I pose a question to the sexy players, which D&D era would you like to play the most? Rain said, he would play a 4e campaign, and I wonder of the rest.
Edit:

[ Character Sheets ]

• 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
With conformed sightings of undead and werewolves in the northern Law nations and rumor form the Choas(I keep wanting to call these, Alliance and Horde. sweatdrop ) has The Cursed King taken ill to an unknown disease with the Union Talks a month away. A worrisome tension sweep the land leaving many wonder what the future will hold.

Mean while in the forest nation Swabia, The flavorful meals, strong house ale, and cheerful sounds of the Right Hand Confession; almost makes such worrys seem worlds away.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources:
Banned Resources: Heroes of the ... Books, and 2 for 1 feats

ECL: 1st.
Gold: 100 gold And 1+2 level magic item
Races: No flying races, and those found in the banned books.
Ability Scores*: Three choices; 4d6 dropping the lowest die per stat, 18d6 then arranged as you see fit(No set greater than 18, nor less than 8 ), or 22 point buy. No rerolls and if you don't like your roll...Point buy
xxxxxxxxxx*
Alignments: Open, though the reputation of Evildoers will take a hit.
Pantheon: Because, I can't find my gods... This is limited to 4e's genaric pantheon.
Backgrounds: Allowed, and encouraged, But not required. (Just don't blame me if your character feels like a player controled NPC)

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]
2]
3]

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:56 pm
Could you provide some information on what setting you're going for and the peculiarities of it?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Noname 51

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:02 pm
Sorry, haven't had to drag this out for a bit. All of my games run in this world...A lot is based on The DarkSun setting, with bits of other settings I liked.
Quote:
User Image
Welcome to the lost continent of Xira where almost anything can happen. On this continent there are two unions to the west resides the nations of law who represent judgment, mercy, and fairness. A calming and beautiful region where the Laws nation relies on divine magic and sleek technology to live. While on the far east of the continent lies the Chaos nations were things are lead by power, industry, passion, and wildness.
There is no good or evil side.

Things unlisted, Arcane magic suffers a horrible sitgma and, depending on the country involved(North March, Moravia, and Thuringa, for example, 5 years ago saw a lich awaken and try to control the Terrasque. And the creature's 3 year rampage that followed, before The Cursed King was able to place it back in to slumber. Leaving those, and parts of the surrounding, nations barren.), is often blamed for tragedies.

Slavery is allowed in both unions. In the Chaos Nations, slaves are normally used in dangerous jobs, for entertainment as prostitution or in the Bavarian Arena, where the law of the land loosely says, the owner has to provide food and given housing. In the Law Nations, slaves are those unable to provide for themselves or have debts they can't pay. They are provided training in a field of study, food, housing, and medicine; for a set number of years of service to a benefactor.

All non-slaves persons are given, and expected to carry a passport, those caught without are treated as slaves, unless if they can prove their identity(Reputation/Charisma score works, in most cases).

All that said, the campaign will start in Swabia, near the southern boarder, in a three story tavern called "Right Hand Confessions". A favored stop for the adventurous, wanting to brave the mountains, and fair weather travelers, alike.  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:25 pm
So...basically the HRE. it looks >< All of the instincts built up playing CK2 tells me that this world must be destroyed ><  

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:46 pm
Plainsfox
So...basically the HRE. it looks >< All of the instincts built up playing CK2 tells me that this world must be destroyed ><

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZkO8CclhI

Is this the right CK2?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:32 pm
Mongooseh
Plainsfox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ZkO8CclhI

Is this the right CK2?

Pretty sure that's the right one.

Anyways, I do enjoy Dark Sun. Though a bit of that dynamic may be the tyrannical God-Kings that control everything and are destroying the world little by little to gain more might vs the various outposts of resistance and elemental clerics (not to mention any druids that may be passing through).

Of course, my main knowledge of Dark Sun is of that gladiator city in the desert.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:38 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzkVTDfxIUI

Nah. Not that one. This one.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:19 pm
Aaaanyways, for DnD, I currently have two I prefer. 5e and ADnD 2e. And guess which one I probably won't ever find someone running.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

dbz2010

Obsessive Prophet

13,400 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 6:54 pm
sounds like an interesting campaign. will all characters start off at lvl 1? and i vote for 5e since that is the one i am most familiar with/have a player handbook for  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:18 pm
My interests lie with 4ed and Pathfinder, 5th just has too little character options for me right now. After the games has been out for a few more years and they have released more stuff it might hold more interest for me.

4ed I just know best and I find has the most fun combat. All classes feel equally powerful so you don't have mages overshadowing the fighters at later levels. My only wish is it had more out of combats rules such as a crafting system.

Pathfinder is great just for the sheer amount of character options it presents and its all available online for free. I have just never been a fan of the spells per day combat system.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Noname 51

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:51 am
This one will be using 4e, but give me a or two week for a 5e. The 5e one will probably take place in the frozen desert, North March. And if at least three will play, I will look for my AD&D stuff and will run a third. Not certain where...

Each group will be 3-5 players... I feel as if I must say; I don't mind off the wall, or shattering the fourth wall, gameplay. As long as it is in good taste and follows the good gamer rules. Play On._.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:38 pm
i will more than likely wait for the 5e one. i've only ever played 3.5e and 5e and i like 5e better than 3.5e. not really sure about 4e  

dbz2010

Obsessive Prophet

13,400 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:17 pm
Noname 51
- And I normally run with light campaigns(3 or less players), and we meet some night on a weekend. So, I may be busy on the weekends. You have been warned.

So, you're running this game live rather than PBP?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 5:52 pm
Rain Yupa
Noname 51

So, you're running this game live rather than PBP?
No, My real life group normally meets two days on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday; usually made earlier that day. The other weekdays I am free to run a game, or 3, by post.  

Noname 51

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces