Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Out of Campaign Chat.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 2:42 pm
This guild needed a place just to chew bubble gum and do nothingness ... No, I am not board... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 6:49 pm
A new person signed up today who only owns 4e books, so she might replace the Drow *makes a face* Rogue in OoK. However, that'll hinge on NoName starting a campaign or not. If he runs one she can play in, if he wanted the OoK slot I'd give it to him, for "DM preferential treatment". But if it doesn't show up by the time combat ends, it may go to the other newbie instead.

It won't be too terribly long; the horses have crap defenses. You guys have just been rolling REALLY low.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

kmnana

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 am

I'm v confused of where to look for open quests/accepting players :< Also, most of the quests here are 5e
could someone bring back old school 3.5e?

btw PAX plays at 5e, right? Or was is 4e?

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:18 am
kmnana

I'm v confused of where to look for open quests/accepting players :< Also, most of the quests here are 5e
could someone bring back old school 3.5e?

btw PAX plays at 5e, right? Or was is 4e?

PAX has gone from 3.5 to 4e to 5e, since they are sponsored by Wizards of the Coast they keep with whatever is newest.

Idk other peoples reasons, but after 13 years of playing 3.5 I have broken it every which way possible. The second you give me access to anything beyond the core books I will break your game. And as fun as that can be, its a pain for a DM and the game gets old quick when everyone is a god.

Thats why I like 4e and 5e more. 4e to a lesser extent for me because I have to use a character creator to keep it straight, but since 5e is still in its infancy its not as broken yet.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Noname 51

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 6:26 pm
Rain Yupa
However, that'll hinge on NoName starting a campaign or not.
You doubt my powah!? xp

What kind of campaign can't she play in?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:47 pm
You'll need to work that out with
TheDeadPanVirus

if you want a definite answer!  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

TheDeadPanVirus

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:20 pm
Rain Yupa
You'll need to work that out with
TheDeadPanVirus

if you want a definite answer!

Quote:
Noname 51

*pops head out of romance roleplay section of gaia* Hmm? Oh, i'm pretty adaptable. I would prefer 4e since i have a few of those books including the players manual, but i can look up stuff online if it's not. Oh, and as a personal preference i'd rather not be set in modern day. I get enough of that. That is all.  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:18 pm
Chehehehehe~

I just dislike the balance of 3.5 since I prefer martial characters and the like and 3.5/PF is all about spellcasters being gods among men. Plus I've created characters only to have someone make them invalidated by their special builds that take feats and classes and rules from books I've never looked at or what not. Or are just a wizard able to Transmogrify themselves into a form able to just be better at my job than me and still have their magic... or just have spells that auto-do my job.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces