Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Writer's and Reader's Corner
[writing_in_waters_star] Statics Illusionary Noise (Story)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Like?
  Interesting, yes
  Perhaps
  Not at this time
View Results

writing_in_waters_star

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:46 am
Chapter 1: Lost Search

A young man looked up at a large building labeled with a simple VR logo at the top above the front door. He took a deep breath and pulled his hands out of his pockets of his jacket. This had to be done. I'll find you, I swear it. He thought as he advanced forwards up the stone steps of the large building. You won't stay lost forever. The doors opened for him once he had neared close enough to trigger their sensors.

Turning his hazel eyes up to the stylish interior of the business, he took another deep calming breath. The light blue almost white tiled floor allowed his chestnut brown shoes to tap and echo off the walls. His jeans came down to cover and hide the tops of his shoes as the bottom of his green shirt hid the top of his jeans. Over this was a long jacket similar to a trench coat of dark orange.

A young woman looked up that wore a rounded earpiece over one ear and had short cropped brown and orange hair. "Hello! Welcome to VR. How may I help you today?" her greeting was cheery and nothing he didn't not expect.

"I would like one of your systems for three hours if you have any open today." He responded with a pleasant tone with a kind smile and slight tilt to one side of his head. This caused strains of his autumn colored, short hair with loose bangs to fall around his eyes.

"Let me check." She went to typing on her computer, checking for any openings in the server. Moments later she nodded. "Yes we have an opening." She looked to the young man. "Any server you would be preferring today?"

"Is there one open linked in with the Sigma Server today of Adermillia?" he was hoping so and silently crossed his fingers once his hands retook their hiding spot inside his jacket pockets.

He watched as she turned her attention back to the screen, searching on a different screen. It took a few moments longer before she nodded, a few green icons appearing. "It looks like we do today. Floor 3 and it will be in room 4 if that is fine with you."

"That works fine. Thank you." He pulled out and handed her a card which she took and swiped. The green chair icon turned red to indicate it had been reserved with a timer on the screen.

"There you are. It's all set." She returned the card and gave him a paper with a passcode. "Use this code and you're all ready to go." He took both the card and paper with a nod. "Have a fun time and if you have any trouble just press the aid button under the arm of the chair."

He gave a brief nod starting to step away to head to the elevator. "I will, thank you again madam." He was glad he could get a set to get into the server he wanted to look in first. Pressing the button and waited, boarding once the double doors opened and pressed 3 then waited. He folded his arms in front of his chest with a thoughtful look taking hold of his face.

His eyes closed some on the floor of soft colored brown. This day...it seems she might be there. But... his thoughts trailed off as the doors opened after the machine stopped. Stepping off he made his way down the hall looking to the doors and pushed in the code. The door opened for him and he entered, walking over to a special chair that was designed for this system the building hosted.

A virtual world rumored to steal the souls of those who lose to the final boss, a dragon that some have deemed the Soul Dragon. If she fell to it and is inside this thing then, he sat down and leaned back in the slanted seat. He slipped his hands inside the special gloves after he lowered the visor helmet. He slipped his feet into slim forms which could be compared to portable ice spikes that one could put on and take off their shoes whenever needed.

I'll find it and destroy it to bring you back. He thought sternly as he looked at the unlit screen. "Operate!" he ordered and the machine kicked to life, lighting up and he felt a tingling in his head. This feeling he wasn't sure he'd ever get used to. But he had to if he was going to keep to his promise to find her. To find her he'd need to locate the data her known as a Souless or a Lostling. The last term was a take on the names given to a baby goose.

He narrowed his eyes and went though the login process, moving his fingers to type in his information, scrolled through to pick his person and after a breath nodded, "open" he said and the game went dark before opening to a vast and beautiful landscape. It was where he had left off last which seemed like so long ago now.  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 6:40 pm
The landscape was vast, full of grass and flowers with some trees here and there along with hills. Inhaling and sighing he moved his legs, causing his character in dark black and orange clothing with a sword on is back. I'll locate you, believe me on that and just wait for me. he thought silently as a wind blew his character's dark violet bangs around his orange eyes.

His name now was Shojin and he was a decent level. As he hadn't played often he was high enough to not be an easy kill but not high enough to be of worth being killed by PKer's, or Player Killer's. But where to begin? as he stepped on wards through the grass he pondered where to start. He could start in the nearest ST or Server Town. That seemed like as good an option as any other.

Shojin stepped down a hill carefully as he made his way the minute so walk across the tranquil scene before finding metal gates that lead into a moderate sized city. They opened for him as he approached and he stepped inside, ignoring the soldiers standing guard and paid little to no mind to the other players that chatted away with each other.

The cobblestones below his feet clicked with his shoes and he wove his way when needed between couples to groups of people who stood in the street talking. The sun was warm above his head and the wind was comforting as it wasn't too cool or too warm. He continued his advance until he finally came to the center of the town, staring at the running water fountain.

Staring at its detailed stonework it was still impressive the level of detail the designers managed to get inside of an online game. Looking around the area of people he approached an NPC, or Non-Player Character and began to ask questions to see if he could get any lead way.

Above his head a female swung her leg, looking down at him with scarlet red eyes. She was debating and pondering while watching him walk from NPC to NPC before seeing him even start to talk to other live players. She found him interesting but was going to hold her tongue and form until later. For now she planned to observe this rodent. At her side rested a large two sided axe with a line in the middle of the handle.  

writing_in_waters_star

Writer's and Reader's Corner

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff