Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Pheroh's Cometh- Fantasy Age! (LFP's)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silaninil

Shirtless Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:26 pm
Hey all, long time player and DM just finding the guild. I've been looking to run a Fantasy Age game in a custom built setting for a while ( basically since they made the system after I enjoyed the Dragon Age setting so much). If any players are interested please let me know! I'd prefer something during the week if possible (my time zone is AST) evening or day I'm not picky.

We could use Roll 20 and Discord/Skype per majority rule. There is already a character sheet on Roll 20 to be used and I'm getting more familiar with it ( though not comfortable enough to be mapping). If anyone is interested please reply here and I'll start sending out pm, if I can get three people willing to commit to play once a week ( or once every other week) in a solid 4-5 hour session that would be preferable. I can make any setting specific information available through the roll 20 forums once the game is made!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:21 pm
Volke the foresaken
Hey all, long time player and DM just finding the guild. I've been looking to run a Fantasy Age game in a custom built setting for a while ( basically since they made the system after I enjoyed the Dragon Age setting so much). If any players are interested please let me know! I'd prefer something during the week if possible (my time zone is AST) evening or day I'm not picky.

We could use Roll 20 and Discord/Skype per majority rule. There is already a character sheet on Roll 20 to be used and I'm getting more familiar with it ( though not comfortable enough to be mapping). If anyone is interested please reply here and I'll start sending out pm, if I can get three people willing to commit to play once a week ( or once every other week) in a solid 4-5 hour session that would be preferable. I can make any setting specific information available through the roll 20 forums once the game is made!

Just going to hedge any expectations for you. I don't think I've seen any real time skype session ever get off the ground here.

Reasons tend to reside around:
Most people play here due to play by post allowing them to play unsociable hours because of other life commitments.

The other is due to scheduling issues due to time zones. Gaia is a international website so say if I wanted to play AST means nothing to me since I'm from the UK sure I google it and find out AST means I'm 5 hours ahead of you. So assuming usual life stuff going on for the other players places the start of the session places the start of the session about midnight.

I don't think I've seen many other reasons but I hope I haven't come across as aggressive or dissuasive all the power to you... Just don't be too disappointed.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Silaninil

Shirtless Genius

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:27 pm
Mongooseh
Volke the foresaken

Just going to hedge any expectations for you. I don't think I've seen any real time skype session ever get off the ground here.

Reasons tend to reside around:
Most people play here due to play by post allowing them to play unsociable hours because of other life commitments.

The other is due to scheduling issues due to time zones. Gaia is a international website so say if I wanted to play AST means nothing to me since I'm from the UK sure I google it and find out AST means I'm 5 hours ahead of you. So assuming usual life stuff going on for the other players places the start of the session places the start of the session about midnight.

I don't think I've seen many other reasons but I hope I haven't come across as aggressive or dissuasive all the power to you... Just don't be too disappointed.

No problem and I appreciate the advice! I wouldn't be opposed to GM'ing through here but I'll admit it's not something I'd done before, I would need to spend time reading through a few other of the rp's here to see if I can get the flow of it before I commit to doing a rp game non-verbally.

I've played a few games with UK players, mostly video, normally just means I start in my afternoon and they start in the evening. I'm not against playing in the forum here if people are interested!

just more research for me to do before we can start. smile  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff