Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruitment: 5 Edition: As the Wheel Turns... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:37 pm
Here, have a backstory.

Lyd Headtoss is a halfling with short brown hair. He wears ink blue, loose pants and shirt, with a dark purple sash and vest. He always seems to have a bit of a playful grin.

Lyd was born and lived in Gallia til he was sixteen, when his temper finally got him into more trouble than it was worth it for him to stick around. Hiding on a caravan wagon out of the city (didn't ask which way), he found himself in a small village when he finally slipped away from the caravan. Intrigued by the lands and new sense of 'adventure', he began exploring, which he found to be a slightly dumb idea once he encountered a pack of goblin raiders.

Outnumbered and with only a swiped dagger, he tried to hold his own. If not for him to have been stumbled upon by a wanderer, he'd probably have not survived. The man, for it was a human male, deftly dealt with the goblins, his hands striking like vipers and more than a few goblins finding themselves smashing into the dirt. Lyd became fascinated with the man. And you probably all know this old song and dance. The boy bugged him incessantly to teach him, while the man did his best to drive the halfling off.

Still, after years of self-indentured servitude (stubborn, ain't he), he picked up on the man's, who claimed the name Saban, way of combat and some of his way of life. Wandering, resting, and just the sights and sounds of the world and the multitude of people within. Saban spun tales of adventure at times, and warnings of dark things he expected to come.

Then one day he awoke, only to find the man gone. The only sign of his existence was the inherited skills he had and the scrolls of notes he was left with. So he decided to do as the man did, and wander and share the enlightenment he found.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:45 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Here, have a backstory.

Lyd Headtoss is a halfling with short brown hair. He wears ink blue, loose pants and shirt, with a dark purple sash and vest. He always seems to have a bit of a playful grin.

Lyd was born and lived in Gallia til he was sixteen, when his temper finally got him into more trouble than it was worth it for him to stick around. Hiding on a caravan wagon out of the city (didn't ask which way), he found himself in a small village when he finally slipped away from the caravan. Intrigued by the lands and new sense of 'adventure', he began exploring, which he found to be a slightly dumb idea once he encountered a pack of goblin raiders.

Outnumbered and with only a swiped dagger, he tried to hold his own. If not for him to have been stumbled upon by a wanderer, he'd probably have not survived. The man, for it was a human male, deftly dealt with the goblins, his hands striking like vipers and more than a few goblins finding themselves smashing into the dirt. Lyd became fascinated with the man. And you probably all know this old song and dance. The boy bugged him incessantly to teach him, while the man did his best to drive the halfling off.

Still, after years of self-indentured servitude (stubborn, ain't he), he picked up on the man's, who claimed the name Saban, way of combat and some of his way of life. Wandering, resting, and just the sights and sounds of the world and the multitude of people within. Saban spun tales of adventure at times, and warnings of dark things he expected to come.

Then one day he awoke, only to find the man gone. The only sign of his existence was the inherited skills he had and the scrolls of notes he was left with. So he decided to do as the man did, and wander and share the enlightenment he found.

I like it, plenty of room for a personal quest there as well, what with the missing master and all that.

The only touch up I would say is consider what is going to draw your character to vanguard. Is he just wandering? You don't even have to put that part in, it's just something you'll need to think about.

With that, we have all the players needed for the subforum so now I'm just waiting on that to get approved.  

The Ghost of Xmas Awesome

Colette Brunnel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:10 pm
4laugh Yaaaaaaaaay~! heart That was faster than I thought! So I guess Rains the one to ask about that...?

Also Ghost...

User Image

You went shopping.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 pm
Colette Brunnel
4laugh Yaaaaaaaaay~! heart That was faster than I thought! So I guess Rains the one to ask about that...?

Also Ghost...

User Image

You went shopping.

I did!

Apparently Gaia cash is worth insane amounts of gold now, and you use it directly in the Market place. I had some left over from back in the day and splurged. 50,000,000 per GC, goes a long way.

And yes, I've already contacted him on the matter.  

Colette Brunnel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:17 pm
Colette Brunnel

Also Ghost...

User Image

You went shopping.

I did!

Apparently Gaia cash is worth insane amounts of gold now, and you use it directly in the Market place. I had some left over from back in the day and splurged. 50,000,000 per GC, goes a long way.

eek Whoa! I still have some too! Holy crap! BRB xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:30 pm
Colette Brunnel
Colette Brunnel

Also Ghost...

User Image

You went shopping.

I did!

eek Whoa! I still have some too! Holy crap! BRB xd

xd  

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:29 pm

Give your wife my compliments, very good work.

That said while a harpy like this would draw notice intensely outside Sol, Wendel and Bandore, I think we could make it work. Galia is likely where you get the most curious looks, but that's all.

Keep in mind that all the characters need a reason to bring them to the city of Vanguard, which if you look on the map is right where the borders of Bandore, Strahta, and Seirun intersect. You may come up with her own reasons, and being drawn there by an odd compulsion your barely aware of IS adequate, but by all means get creative. My vision for how the more unique races fit in was that they really only mixed with civilization in Bandore, who made a point of inducting any sentient races they could pin down, and Sol, where everyone has a free do right by my wallet/me and I'll do right by you/ unless your a half elf then your mechandise, kind of attitude.

Wendel of course gathered all sorts of magical races over the years, and they are very used to seeing new and interesting magical things there, so they wouldn't even blink.

Weave this into your back story at your pleasure and get back me! 3nodding

Edit: She may have heard that harpy's like herself were actually accepted openly as a part of society in Bandore, and on Sol their bad reputation would be muted somewhat, due to the fact that it's mostly the mainland that had to deal with them. She could be accepted elsewhere, but living peacefully amongst her own people again could probably only happen in Bandore, ironically.

wink But that's the fun in nations that are morally ambiguous.

That's fine. She's a bird she can fly anywhere, (though she would have to hitch a ride on a boat to cross an ocean). To be honest I wasn't expecting anyone to be welcoming to her, as her race is well known for it cruelty and luring people to their deaths to feast on them. Up to this point she has just been hanging out on the edges of towns scavenging to get by until she is forced to leave by the residents. So if there was a place that might be remotely more accepting of her she would definitely head there.

I have my irl dnd session today in a few hours but I'll try to get my character sheet done before then. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:29 pm
Kowsauni

Give your wife my compliments, very good work.

That said while a harpy like this would draw notice intensely outside Sol, Wendel and Bandore, I think we could make it work. Galia is likely where you get the most curious looks, but that's all.

Keep in mind that all the characters need a reason to bring them to the city of Vanguard, which if you look on the map is right where the borders of Bandore, Strahta, and Seirun intersect. You may come up with her own reasons, and being drawn there by an odd compulsion your barely aware of IS adequate, but by all means get creative. My vision for how the more unique races fit in was that they really only mixed with civilization in Bandore, who made a point of inducting any sentient races they could pin down, and Sol, where everyone has a free do right by my wallet/me and I'll do right by you/ unless your a half elf then your mechandise, kind of attitude.

Wendel of course gathered all sorts of magical races over the years, and they are very used to seeing new and interesting magical things there, so they wouldn't even blink.

Weave this into your back story at your pleasure and get back me! 3nodding

Edit: She may have heard that harpy's like herself were actually accepted openly as a part of society in Bandore, and on Sol their bad reputation would be muted somewhat, due to the fact that it's mostly the mainland that had to deal with them. She could be accepted elsewhere, but living peacefully amongst her own people again could probably only happen in Bandore, ironically.

wink But that's the fun in nations that are morally ambiguous.

That's fine. She's a bird she can fly anywhere, (though she would have to hitch a ride on a boat to cross an ocean). To be honest I wasn't expecting anyone to be welcoming to her, as her race is well known for it cruelty and luring people to their deaths to feast on them. Up to this point she has just been hanging out on the edges of towns scavenging to get by until she is forced to leave by the residents. So if there was a place that might be remotely more accepting of her she would definitely head there.

I have my irl dnd session today in a few hours but I'll try to get my character sheet done before then. xp

We have our thread open, so post in the chat there when you have it ready.

As for Harpies reception, we'll say they don't exist on the mainland outside of Bandore, and I've made a point of having all sentient NPC Races subjugated by the empire have their alignment changed to Lawful Neutral, or Lawful Evil, or True Neutral, depending on the race and what I believe their circumstances would be. Therefore there would be many otherwise hostile races, from Bandore, who were civilized and not necessarily evil. People on the mainland, at least, would distinguish between these types and the way they are in their native state, the same way they would between civil men and wild men.

Or City Elves, and the Elves who stay locked away in their communities. They would assume, by virtue of her walking amongst people that she was not dangerous, at least until she gave them reason to think otherwise. So yes, she would indeed be FAR more welcome on the mainland than Sol, where her more wild sisters would dwell.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:26 pm
Any more openings?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items