Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruitment: 5 Edition: As the Wheel Turns... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 3, 1, 3, 1, 1, 1, 5, 3, 1, 2, 1, 4, 2, 5, 6, 3, 6, 6, 2, 4, 2, 5, 2, 2 Total: 71 (24-144)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 pm
Rolling set 2

wow...I think that is the worst set of stats I have ever rolled. Definitely going for set 1  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:25 pm
Croco_D_Isle
Raganui Minamoto
Actually, I'll roll it up later... deciding between which monastic orders I wanna do... Traditional Monk halfling, ninja halfling, or Final Fantasy Tactics inspired Monk Halfling (Yelling out attack names, going with the 4 Elements one)

Can't go wrong with Midget Ninjas. Although shouting out attack names like a Shounen Anime appeals to me on a deep and fundamental level...A conundrum then...

Let's test run then.

"Burning Anger Rising, BURST! WAVE FIST!" The tiny monk, punches forward, sending a blast of air impacting into his opponent.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:41 pm
Ok, I would like to make an Aarakocra Monk which I will be mutlticlassing into fighter as soon as we hit level 2. I need the 1 level in monk to make her talons viable as weapons.

Thematically though she is not an Aarakocra but rather a Harpy that has lost her magical voice and has been outcast from her tribe. She now hangs out on the fringes of coastal towns in Sol where she steals shiny things from merchant caravans or does favors for people who trust her in exchange for food, coins, shiny baubles, etc.

Here is her picture drawn by my wife

User Image

If this isn't ok though I will come up with something else, but this is what I am most interested in playing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:25 am
Kowsauni
Ok, I would like to make an Aarakocra Monk which I will be mutlticlassing into fighter as soon as we hit level 2. I need the 1 level in monk to make her talons viable as weapons.

Thematically though she is not an Aarakocra but rather a Harpy that has lost her magical voice and has been outcast from her tribe. She now hangs out on the fringes of coastal towns in Sol where she steals shiny things from merchant caravans or does favors for people who trust her in exchange for food, coins, shiny baubles, etc.

Here is her picture drawn by my wife

User Image

If this isn't ok though I will come up with something else, but this is what I am most interested in playing.

Give your wife my compliments, very good work.

That said while a harpy like this would draw notice intensely outside Sol, Wendel and Bandore, I think we could make it work. Galia is likely where you get the most curious looks, but that's all.

Keep in mind that all the characters need a reason to bring them to the city of Vanguard, which if you look on the map is right where the borders of Bandore, Strahta, and Seirun intersect. You may come up with her own reasons, and being drawn there by an odd compulsion your barely aware of IS adequate, but by all means get creative. My vision for how the more unique races fit in was that they really only mixed with civilization in Bandore, who made a point of inducting any sentient races they could pin down, and Sol, where everyone has a free do right by my wallet/me and I'll do right by you/ unless your a half elf then your mechandise, kind of attitude.

Wendel of course gathered all sorts of magical races over the years, and they are very used to seeing new and interesting magical things there, so they wouldn't even blink.

Weave this into your back story at your pleasure and get back me! 3nodding

Edit: She may have heard that harpy's like herself were actually accepted openly as a part of society in Bandore, and on Sol their bad reputation would be muted somewhat, due to the fact that it's mostly the mainland that had to deal with them. She could be accepted elsewhere, but living peacefully amongst her own people again could probably only happen in Bandore, ironically.

wink But that's the fun in nations that are morally ambiguous.  

The Ghost of Xmas Awesome

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:35 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
In terms of people's interested, how many are there currently? lol

Sorry to say we've hit my max of five. If someone drops out, I can pm you immediately.

Sure, I was more interested in lurking the game, to learn how the system runs.

I bought the first three books a while back and besides first glimps though them, they are collecting dust(along with other RP books no one plays sweatdrop ).  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:52 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox
SCN_ Grey_fox
In terms of people's interested, how many are there currently? lol

Sorry to say we've hit my max of five. If someone drops out, I can pm you immediately.

Sure, I was more interested in lurking the game, to learn how the system runs.

I bought the first three books a while back and besides first glimps though them, they are collecting dust(along with other RP books no one plays sweatdrop ).

biggrin Ah, well then by all means lurk away. I'm hoping to keep things entertaining. Feel free to chime in in the chat when we've got the sub forum up.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:53 pm
Huh, A friend tells me that the Elemental Monk is a 'trap'.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 24 6-sided dice: 2, 5, 4, 1, 6, 1, 3, 3, 2, 2, 6, 1, 1, 6, 6, 4, 4, 1, 2, 3, 1, 4, 6, 1 Total: 75 (24-144)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:58 pm
Right, I can kinda see what's going on... the elemental monk is suppose to get 'oh you can cast elemental spells' but it saps your ki fast as all hell. Time for some stats.

2, 5, 4, 1 - 11
6, 1, 3, 3 - 12
2, 2, 6, 1 - 8
1, 6, 6, 4 - 16
4, 1, 2, 3 - 9
1, 4, 6, 1 - 11  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:58 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Huh, A friend tells me that the Elemental Monk is a 'trap'.

Its cool flavor, but only two of the spells are really viable in the long run.

Shadow monk is pretty great, especially if you dip into some warlock.
Quivering palm is cool for dmg.
Long death can keep the party up.
Sun Monk stacks beautifully with Dragonborn for a fire monk.  
Raganui Minamoto rolled 24 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 1, 4, 6, 3, 5, 1, 3, 5, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 4, 6, 1, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 2 Total: 76 (24-144)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:01 pm
Yea, I don't have SCA, so I'm sticking with 'traditional'... but expect some attack naming.

4, 3, 1, 4 - 11
6, 3, 5, 1 - 14
3, 5, 2, 3 - 11
4, 1, 2, 4 - 10
6, 1, 6, 4 - 16
3, 2, 1, 2 - 7  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:18 pm
If I can't get you to quote Domon from g gundam by the time this campaign is done, I will consider it my failure as a Dm. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:21 pm
If in any way I get powerful, heat based glowing hands (gloves or even finding a big golem I can control from the inside), I will go full G Gundam.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:25 pm
Raganui Minamoto
If in any way I get powerful, heat based glowing hands (gloves or even finding a big golem I can control from the inside), I will go full G Gundam.

xd Indeed. I'm going allow anyone who gets the finishing blow go full on cinematic with it, (adds flavor and helps with a sense of accomplishment, I think) so you can keep that in reserve for a major victory.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:54 pm
Alright people, here we go.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=773043

Lyd Headtoss, Halfling Monk of the Saban's Way.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm
Raganui Minamoto
Alright people, here we go.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=773043

Lyd Headtoss, Halfling Monk of the Saban's Way.

You can use the description block to add in his backstory, what did you have in mind?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff