Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruitment: 5 Edition: As the Wheel Turns... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:42 pm
Disgaea is one of my favorites. I love RTS.

You should really look at the two new ones from sword coast adventurers guide Raganui.

Way of the Long Death and Way of the Sun Soul.

Both are pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:42 pm
In terms of people's interested, how many are there currently? lol  

SCN_ Grey_fox
Crew

The Ghost of Xmas Awesome

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:44 pm
Kowsauni
Kowsauni
Won't be able to work on this until I get home from work, but I would like to throw my hat into this. I have a water genasi storm cleric already made from a different game I never got to use. I just need to adapt her back story to this setting.

I could also make a fighter. It will just take me a bit longer to pull together a character sheet. I'm going to read about the setting in more detail and see what inspires me.

Oooooh this IS interesting. A genasi. Tell me bit about what you have planned for the character. You can use him, no problem there, but it should be noted that in Wendell there is plot thread involving them. What sortve plans did you have for his back story?

Hmm, I don't have a very good feel for this character yet. She is water genasi so I was thinking about having her hail from the coast of Sol or perhaps be a member of the Stravah navy. Once I get home this evening I'll review my books and old character sheet to see what I want to do.

To be honest. After reading the setting I kind of liked the idea of making a haughty half elf Dragon blood sorcerer that escaped being a slave. But I feel the party is already pretty magic and elf heavy.

True. Then take your time. Coast of Sol would make sense. That's where I pictured a good deal of the aquatic races mingling with the surface dwellers. Strahta too, to a lesser extent. Whichever you decide, I'll have something different I'm going to impart to you. I'm telling each of you something different according to your backgrounds, that your character would be aware of, and when you all finally cross paths you'll be able to compare notes, so to speak.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:46 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Sorry to say we've hit my max of five. If someone drops out, I can pm you immediately.  

Croco_D_Isle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:49 pm
Kowsauni
Kowsauni
Won't be able to work on this until I get home from work, but I would like to throw my hat into this. I have a water genasi storm cleric already made from a different game I never got to use. I just need to adapt her back story to this setting.

I could also make a fighter. It will just take me a bit longer to pull together a character sheet. I'm going to read about the setting in more detail and see what inspires me.

Oooooh this IS interesting. A genasi. Tell me bit about what you have planned for the character. You can use him, no problem there, but it should be noted that in Wendell there is plot thread involving them. What sortve plans did you have for his back story?

Hmm, I don't have a very good feel for this character yet. She is water genasi so I was thinking about having her hail from the coast of Sol or perhaps be a member of the Stravah navy. Once I get home this evening I'll review my books and old character sheet to see what I want to do.

To be honest. After reading the setting I kind of liked the idea of making a haughty half elf Dragon blood sorcerer that escaped being a slave. But I feel the party is already pretty magic and elf heavy.

True. Then take your time. Coast of Sol would make sense. That's where I pictured a good deal of the aquatic races mingling with the surface dwellers. Strahta too, to a lesser extent. Whichever you decide, I'll have something different I'm going to impart to you. I'm telling each of you something different according to your backgrounds, that your character would be aware of, and when you all finally cross paths you'll be able to compare notes, so to speak.

And based on what I got told, something foreboding as all hell.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:50 pm
SCN_ Grey_fox

Sorry to say we've hit my max of five. If someone drops out, I can pm you immediately.

Aw...you couldn't make an exception...? sad  

Colette Brunnel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:53 pm
Colette Brunnel
SCN_ Grey_fox

Five was my exception. Four would have been more ideal. With that many people on a forum like this it would take forever to do anything. This is for everyone's sake, trust me. If things kick off and we're moving faster than I thought possible, they will be the first one I'll inform of an open spot.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:55 pm
Colette Brunnel
SCN_ Grey_fox

Five was my exception. Four would have been more ideal. With that many people on a forum like this it would take forever to do anything. This is for everyone's sake, trust me. If things kick off and we're moving faster than I thought possible, they will be the first one I'll inform of an open spot.

Fair.  

Colette Brunnel

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:25 pm
Hannibal "The Cannibal" Hancock James  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:05 pm

I love him, a few notes though. The Azure Cross are an elite unit that, while very famous, is actually rather small. They are the pinnacle of Strahta's military, and are not something any first level character would have seen up close assuming they were on the wrong side of them. Further more, Strahta as a whole probably wouldn't tolerate a mass abuse of power like this without some kind of conspiracy going on. The soldiers would follow any order without question, but there would have to be a malicious hand behind it. Corrupt politician, officer gone bad, something like that. Basically the story works, but the Azure Cross wouldn't be the face of it. Something specific who covered up the violence of the attacks, and regulated them to look like mere incursions with criminals.

Also, since you've made elves a foundation for his character, make note that he would make a distinction between high born elves, those that are still sequestered away in their communities, and city elves, who would be the ones he was encountering. The elves that remain closed off from people do not allow half elves into their community, but most seem to show pity for half elves as a whole. They wouldn't show open distain like most people in the world do towards them.

You don't need to change a thing there, just something to remember for the future when you encounter those kinds of elves, as it's something Hannibal would probably be aware of.

Other than that, I love it. Just get back to me on the small revision whenever, you can consider yourself approved.

Edit: If you still want to have encounter a member of the azure cross, say he saw ONE once. And that it was ******** terrifying. xd . His captain could be the one that fought them and defeated them, but it would be like watching the terminator. they could lose limbs and still keep on fighting like mad men, all the while keeping a soldiers reserve. There are around 50 of them, and most of them are stationed with the highest echelons of power in Strahta at all times. Feel free to have fun with it, but just keep in mind the level of threat were talking about.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:16 pm

I love him, a few notes though. The Azure Cross are an elite unit that, while very famous, is actually rather small. They are the pinnacle of Strahta's military, and are not something any first level character would have seen up close assuming they were on the wrong side of them. Further more, Strahta as a whole probably wouldn't tolerate a mass abuse of power like this without some kind of conspiracy going on. The soldiers would follow any order without question, but there would have to be a malicious hand behind it. Corrupt politician, officer gone bad, something like that. Basically the story works, but the Azure Cross wouldn't be the face of it. Something specific who covered up the violence of the attacks, and regulated them to look like mere incursions with criminals.

Also, since you've made elves a foundation for his character, make note that he would make a distinction between high born elves, those that are still sequestered away in their communities, and city elves, who would be the ones he was encountering. The elves that remain closed off from people do not allow half elves into their community, but most seem to show pity for half elves as a whole. They wouldn't show open distain like most people in the world do towards them.

You don't need to change a thing there, just something to remember for the future when you encounter those kinds of elves, as it's something Hannibal would probably be aware of.

Other than that, I love it. Just get back to me on the small revision whenever, you can consider yourself approved.

Hrrrm ... would it be feasible for the Azure knights to have killed his captain? While the guy was a hero in my characters eyes, he was stealing a lot of food and money.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:22 pm
PupSage

Hrrrm ... would it be feasible for the Azure knights to have killed his captain? While the guy was a hero in my characters eyes, he was stealing a lot of food and money.
Ah, I made an edit above, sortve an adendum. And yes. If you want him to go out like a bamf say that a team of three of them were waiting. This would be a sign they took him very seriously. It would also fit given what's causing Strahta's behavior, if they believed him to be something he wasn't. Can't say more, but yes, that would work.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:36 pm
Edited:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=772915  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:39 pm
PupSage
Edited:
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=772915

wink Perfect. That works swimmingly.  

Kowsauni rolled 24 6-sided dice: 4, 3, 4, 6, 2, 2, 2, 5, 1, 3, 6, 6, 4, 4, 1, 3, 5, 1, 6, 6, 4, 6, 5, 1 Total: 90 (24-144)

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:52 pm
Rolling stat set 1

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items