Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]
CHANGING TIDES ✿ [X/Starting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
View Results

YEETED INTO THE ABYSS

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
S T A N D I N G x I N x T H E x H A L L x O F x F A M E x

A N D x T H E x W O R L D ' S x G O N N A x K N O W x Y O U R x N A M E

C A U S E x Y O U x B U R N x W I T H x T H Ex B R I G H T E S T x F L A M E

A N D x T H E x W O R L D ' S x G O N N A x K N O W x Y O U R x N A M E

A N D x Y O U ' L L x B E x O N x T H E x W A L L S x O F X T H E x H A L L x O F x F A M E x

User Image

─────────────── ───────────────

xxxLike clockwork, the slow morning began to pick up speed. Calls poured into Tim's desk far faster than even he could handle. With the assistance of John to delegate phone calls, things slowly became easier. No matter the influx, Tim managed to remain composed.

"Yes sir...no sir...I promise you sir that it will be safe...." Most of the calls came from fishermen and local bait shops, upset with the local push for shark conservation. Shark meat was an expensive delicacy that often brought in quite a bit of revenue, so for the Cousteau kid to say something against shark hunting was badly hurting the business. The young man exuded poise nonetheless throughout each phone call, especially as CORAL director Benjamin Jergen kept his eye on the office floor. Just as the situation seemed to calm down around lunch break, Timothy stretched and began to pull out a homemade meal from his mother when--

"Mr. Cousteau, a word in my office please." Quickly, the young man rose from his chair and adjusted himself before following the older man into his office. He remained standing as Jergens began to take several folders from his desk. It was eerily silent for a solid minute, save the paper shuffling, before finally Jergens spoke up.

"Tim, when I first hired you two years ago, I honestly tried my best to keep my expectations low. You are a Cousteau, but I didn't want that to cloud my basic judgement. I looked up to your grandfather and his children, so to hear that a Cousteau wanted to work in my lab...well..." A chuckled escaped the older man's lips. "It was like a fever dream. You've not only excelled in your work, you completely changed the town's perception of us. Us old folk, we just--we just don't get all that social media, and sometimes it feels like the world is leaving us behind. You helped not only make our name common enough for the younger folk to know, but you also made those younger folk inspired enough to pursue a future in conservation and biology."

Tim remained quiet at his boss spoke, feeling vaguely bashful at the compliments.

"You're not your grandpa, kid. You're Timothy Cousteau." With this, Jergens revealed Tim's employee observation records, showing none other than consistently good scores. "I know you're leaving us come the end of the summer for school. Nothing's going to change that. But with your record...I want to give you an opportunity not generally granted to high school graduates. I see the way you look at the marine biologists that come around...how would you feel like becoming one?"

Immediately, Tim beamed up in excitement. "Sir, this is the opportunity of lifetime." Jergens chuckled yet again, his low growl of a voice echoing in the office.

"Now, now. I want you to be working in the biological research and conservation department. The entire department will be yours alone for the summer. I'm sure you know what the job entail," Jergens lifted his brow, and with utmost poise, Tim began to answer.

"Yes sir. It is the department's job to collect and observe dna from local marine life and to determine the need for life conservation," He spoke eloquently with a smile on his face, bringing yet another laugh to his boss' voice.

"Very well. You will begin your duties tomorrow. Here's the key to your lab, now off you go eat," Jergens commanded as he placed a key into Tim's hand and gently shooing him out.

"Thank you so much, sir," Timothy departed, closing the door behind him. Looking around to make sure he's alone, Tim did a small dance in excitement on his way back to the desk. Grabbing his items and looking at his phone. One missed phone call from Maxwell Thompson and one voicemail, presumably from Max as well. With a huge grin on his face, Tim listened to his voicemail.

"You're being a butt. Anyway, tonight's party is going to be a hit. We got the Erickson girls coming. And they know how to have some fun. You better be fun tonight no stick in the mud old man personalities allowed around here. All party poopers get thrown in the pool. See ya!" Tim shook his head, still grinning as Max's words added more reassurance to a great day. The Erickson sisters definitely had their own reputations, all vastly different from each other. Nonetheless, if all three were to come, then perhaps the stars truly are aligning. Quickly, Tim grabbed his coat and hat from the rack and headed outside for lunch, ringing back Max.
                                                            xxx

─────────────── ───────────────

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC: I hate to do this, but there has been a long enough wait, so gaia_gaiagold I'm also willing to double up

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:49 pm
    CHANGING TIDES ☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤
    ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      Vote Closed
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Seeing as the vote was up for the last month I'm moving forward with re-casting. Merrily, if you feel comfortable taking on another role that's fine with me. When you get a chance please PM me the profile and the place holder for the front page so I can replace it.

If any one has any concerns or questions on this feel free to PM me. smile

NoSmokingPeriod

lulu228

merrily mari

PieknyMotyl

GrayEnvy
      Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
      • Battle: Cleric 100
      • Tycoon 200
      • Cat Fancier 100

GrayEnvy
      Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
      • Tycoon 200
      • Cat Fancier 100
      PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:14 pm
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

XxXxxx▌█ Jaylin Marie Erikson - "Jay"▌xxxXxX

XxXxxx❀ Sunshine Mixed with a Hurricane ❀xxxXxX

Jay was blissfully trapped in the realm of unconsciousness. However, one smell always permeates that realm, Bacon. With a groan and a long stretch, the eldest Erickson roused from her slumber. Blinking open her eyes she looked to see her sister "Food. Yeah, I probably need that." With a huff, she tossed her hair to the side and sat up quickly digging into her breakfast. "Thanks, sweetie, this really hits the spot." Jay smiled at her sister until she noticed the time on the clock then she glared at her. Jaylin Erickson was many things, but a morning person even a late morning person was not one of them. Setting aside her plate, half-eaten,
                                          the lanky ebony haired girl rose from her bed scratching the back of her head.

Going through her 'morning' routine Jay pulled her phone from its charger and settled to sit back on her bed to continue her breakfast whilst scrolling through something on her phone. Blue eyes looked up to pat the space beside her, silently requesting Niamh to sit beside her. "What are your plans for the day?" Jay asked between bites of food while her attention was on her twitter account now. As she scrolled to the CORAL post "Sunny skies, high tides, and a positive outlook for today!" she smirked, as she commented on the CORAL post. 'Shark Party tonight! Erickson's incoming.' She chuckled at her comment knowing that the account was maintained by Tim. Jay thought of how Max had bragged about his friend getting the position. While they hadn't been all that close when they were both in school Jay felt like she knew Tim pretty well, through Max and the rare occasions they spoke.

[quote="NoSmokingPeriod'][quote="Merrily Mari'][quote="PieknyMotyl'][quote="lulu228']

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:06 pm
      Tнere were ѕoмe Moυɴтαιɴѕ, sтorмѕ rαɢed, sтoɴe ѕplιт, tιмe wore oɴ.

Aɴd тнere ɢreαт нeιɢнтѕ, were redυced тo тιɴy grαιɴѕ. mιllιoɴѕ oғ тιɴy grαιɴѕ. ╳

User Image

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Heαт αɴd αιr αɴd тнeɴ glαѕѕ. So мυcн вeαυтy. Froм ѕυcн вeαυтy αѕ вeғore ιт. Aɴd ιɴ reғlecтιoɴ oғ тнe вeαυтy ιт ιѕ ɢιғтed тo. Yoυ.

Niamh Erikson | Mermaid? | Sister | Eighteen | Single
                                                      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                      ∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

Niamh smirked as Jay glared at her. "If you don't get up now, you wont," She told her, taking a seat at the table they had in their room. It was really only a small desk they had used to do their homework on- when they bothered to do it. "And I made you bacon, be grateful," Niamh smirked at her, before moving quickly to sit on her bed with her legs crossed, her coffee in her hand. She drank slowly as Niamh finished up her eggs. Niamh was in a solemn mood, and the rash on her upper legs had begun to itch. She ignored, under the impression that scratching would make it worse. However after a few minutes it was unbearable, and she began to rub it with the palm of her hand. At Jay's question, Niamh looked up with a smirk. "Since you're forcibly making me attend a party, I need to go out and pick an outfit," She took a sip of coffee before continuing. "I'm taking you with me," Niamh smirked. If Jay had other plans she didn't have to come. Perhaps Niamh would benefit from solo shopping? She snorted, she hated shopping.

Wearing- PJ's |Current read- Before I Go to Sleep Location- Bedroom | OOC:

GrayEnvy

No Smoking Period

Merrily Mari

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

GrayEnvy
      Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
      • Tycoon 200
      • Cat Fancier 100
      PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:40 am
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxxxxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thinking on her day, Jay knew she had nothing planned so she easily nodded to her sister's request. Knowing that Niamh typically abhorred shopping, unless it was for books, Jay knew that she'd need some guidance. Thankfully Jay was pretty good at shopping now. "Do you think little Ashe will want to tag along with her two boring older sisters?" Jay said with a chuckle before returning to her breakfast. Polishing off her breakfast she looked at her sister curiously while she rubbed her leg. Once her food was swallowed Jay nodded to her sister's leg "The rash still bothering you?" Jay asked in a softer voice. It hadn't been there long but still knowing that her sister was in pain did not sit well with Jay.

Anxiety and worry were not knew emotions but they did tend to prompt Jay into some sort of action. So the brazen teen easily stood from her bed and began dressing for the day. She flitted from drawer to drawer before finalizing her choice for the day. Not really bothering with her hair she sat beside her sister while she tied on her sneakers. Jay was worried, but she didn't want to nag her sister about her health. Afterall Jay hated it when people become overly concerned when she got sick.

[quote="NoSmokingPeriod'][quote="Merrily Mari'][quote="PieknyMotyl'][quote="lulu228']

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:31 pm
      User Image
      I've got sunshine in my dreamsI've got dandelions in a vaseI've got hopes you can never erase
      I've got sunshine in my dreamsI've got dandelions in a vaseI've got hopes you can never erase

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
        • ─────────────── ───────────────
          All morning, Ashe had spent her time in bed scrolling through different social media feeds. Liberally pressing like buttons and sharing links to articles that fascinated her. Having a room to herself, there was no one to judge her. It wasn't until 11 A.M. that the soon-to-be-senior got out of bed and started getting ready for the day. Her hair was only slightly wavy from a long night of tossing and turning, but it was nothing a little brush-up into a half-do couldn't fix.

"I am...in the mood for...red!" She exclaimed to herself after looking at the vibrant red flats on her shoe rack. All too quickly, her outfit came into an organized presence. With a happy glance into the vanity mirror, she slapped on a vibrant red lipstick, prepared a simple winged eyeliner, and slipped out of her room into the kitchen, scavenging for food to satisfy her growling stomach. Her sisters already seemed to have eaten, currently giggling off in their room in solitude. With a sigh and a glance in their direction, Ashe bit her lip in silence. Their last summer together and, as usual, they remained closer to each other in their own little world.

'...Yogurt,' she distracted herself with food again, grabbing a small container of yogurt and eating it almost instantly. Hours of remaining cooped up in her own room had caused her hunger to only grow. Grabbing an apple to add onto her breakfast, Ashe looked outside the kitchen mirror, contemplating her plans for the day. She saw the shark party event information on Twitter (I mean, who hasn't already?), but the idea of a pool party never quite piqued her interest. Not to mention, older kids and cooler kids were the obvious attendants. She, on the other hand, didn't have a great time at school with such kids. Being the younger Erickson, she was compared to both of her sisters constantly, only to end up president of an obscure club that further radiates her oddities. She was personally proud of who she was and her responsibilities. The other kids in school? Not so much as far as she was concerned. However, Ashe remained unaware of the truth on how others perceive her. She was seen as a unique person--that's for certain--but the beauty that ran in the family alongside her confidence in who she was warranted an odd amount of respect and notability.

Biting into the apple, Ashe made the decision that a shark party wouldn't be too bad. So long as she avoided the pool and had at least a friend to accompany her, nothing can go too bad. It's not like someone was going to sprout a shark fin and razor sharp teeth to consume the guests. Besides, Tim was a familiar sight. Both of them were nominated in the recent year for homecoming and prom royalty. Obviously, he won alongside captain of the cheer squad, but all nominees had to hang out at sport events. He seemed cool; sure, he was a bit of a formal and perfect guy, but he knew how to hang loose if the situation allowed it. He certainly got along with Ashe what with their mutual interest for documentaries. It made Ashe almost eager to see him again, although she was aware most of his time might be spent hanging out with people his age.

─────────────── ───────────────[x]

OOC: n/a

YEETED INTO THE ABYSS

Romantic Gardener

13,125 Points
      • Buggin' 500
      • Harvest Hazard 500
      • Conventioneer 300

lulu228

Cunning Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 pm
      Anthony "Tony" Green

When Tony got a response from Max, he sighed.
      In his head he was thinking that pizza sounded good, but had already gotten Chipotle. After reading back the text, Tony got a little confused on whether or not Max was offering pizza or if they needed to pick up pizza for the party.
      Max did have a nice car that Tony always wanted to go for a ride in.
      It would appear now is a good time to take Max up on that offer of a ride. He was a little annoyed by the request to be a wingman, but he knew he was probably a good bet for that role. Once he had his reply in head he started texting. "So you just need me to pick up some pizzas? I will take you up on that offer of a joyride and I guess wingman too."
      As soon as he was happy with what he wrote he hit send and sat back with his bowl and went back to watching TV on his computer.

Quote:
      GrayEnvy

Quote:
      Merrily Mari

Quote:
      No Smoking Period

Quote:
      PieknyMotyl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:23 pm
      [User Image
      Thε [̲̅p̲̅][̲̅a̲̅][̲̅r̲̅][̲̅t̲̅][̲̅y̲̅ [̲̅p̲̅][̲̅r̲̅][̲̅i̲̅][̲̅n̲̅[̲̅c̲̅[̲̅e̲̅]
      Maxwell "Max" Thompson

A hero always get remembered...

[Max was directing the final touches of where things were going to be set up. However, the song on the speakers stopped to announce a call coming through. The blonde made a quick dash to the phone snatching it off the dock. Noticing who was calling Max grinned as he answered in a falsetto tone pretending to be a girl. "Oh, my gosh Kingpin Tim is calling me!" He let out a mocking squee before laughing and breaking character. "Hey man, you finally taking a break from taking over the world to get some food?" He asked with a chuckle still in his voice.

Absentmindedly, he put the call on speaker so he could text back little Tony. 'Sure kid I'll be your wingman for one night. Just one hear me? No, I don't need you to pick up any pizza the caterers are handling food. I need an assistant too many people asking me questions. I'll be out for a bit need someone to watch for the deliveries while I'm out. Come on over pronto hombre.' Max rolled his eyes at the text while he began collecting his things to meet up with Tim for lunch.
      ]

...But you know Legends never die

GrayEnvy

PieknyMotyl

lulu228

jerkuelyn

No Smoking Period

PieknyMotyl

Garbage Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:58 pm
      Tнere were ѕoмe Moυɴтαιɴѕ, sтorмѕ rαɢed, sтoɴe ѕplιт, tιмe wore oɴ.

Aɴd тнere ɢreαт нeιɢнтѕ, were redυced тo тιɴy grαιɴѕ. mιllιoɴѕ oғ тιɴy grαιɴѕ. ╳

User Image

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

Heαт αɴd αιr αɴd тнeɴ glαѕѕ. So мυcн вeαυтy. Froм ѕυcн вeαυтy αѕ вeғore ιт. Aɴd ιɴ reғlecтιoɴ oғ тнe вeαυтy ιт ιѕ ɢιғтed тo. Yoυ.

Niamh Erikson | Mermaid? | Sister | Eighteen | Single

Niamh thought of her little sister. She briefly wondered where she was. Niamh and Jay were so close, they often unintentionally excluded her from their plans. She smiled weakly. "I'm not sure, you should ask her," She said finally turning to look out of the window. Her coffee was beginning to cool so she took the last few swigs and placed it down on her bedside table.

Looking down at her leg, which was now red and sore she answered Jay's question with a sigh. "It won't go away, no matter what I do," She sighed, patting it furiously in a feeble attempt not to scratch it. "Maybe I should go to the doctors..." She mused looking it over as Jay got dressed. It seemed to be scabbing. But its formation was strange, as each scab was the same shape. She wanted to rip them from her skin.

sorry this took so long...

Wearing- Outfit |Current read- Before I Go to Sleep Location- Bedroom | OOC:

GrayEnvy

No Smoking Period

Merrily Mari

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Finishing with her sneakers Jay looked down to the offending rash. Gently she covered Niamh's hand with her own, "Rember what Mom said about picking at it." She chided softly and gave her an affectionate squeeze before releasing her hand. Her eyes left her sister's face to focus on the irritated skin and nodded. "I think at this point a doctor is a good idea." Jay agreed and easily rose from their seated position, before turning and ruffling her sister's hair. "We'll figure it out, we always do right?" She shugged confident that they could get through anything together.

The eldest Erikson stretched her back before she proceeded to pop her knuckles she looked at her dear sister and smiled. "You call the doc make an appointment. I'll get Ashe to join us. It'll be a sister day!" She said with a smile and snatched up her bag before waltzing out the room and calling out, rather loudly. "Yo Ashe! We're going out and you're coming too!" She yelled as she slid down the stair rail and appeared in the kitchen looking over the youngest Erikson she nodded in approval "Lookin good little one." Jay peeked at her own makeup, much more of a grunge look than anything else. Casually she shrugged and grabbed a pair of sunglasses before tousling her own hair.

GrayEnvy
      Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
      • Tycoon 200
      • Cat Fancier 100
      ~The Group Hangout~ [Multiplayer Roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash