Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain's going to try 5th edition! Need to roll up some stats.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Rain Yupa rolled 28 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 5, 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, 4, 3, 4, 6, 2, 2, 2, 2, 5, 1, 2, 3, 2, 6, 3, 4, 5, 3, 1, 3 Total: 92 (28-168)

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm
It's a big group and I'm not sure how fitting it into my schedule's gonna work. But it's gonna be a druid because the only source of healing the party has is a Cleric with the Death domain. sweatdrop

Playing a casty druid. Stat rolls are 4d6 (reroll ones), 7 times, drop the lowest stat.

6, 3, 5, 1, 2 = 14
4, 3, 2, 5 = 12
4, 3, 4, 6 = 14
2, 2, 2, 2 = stare
5, 1, 2, 3, 3 = 11
2, 6, 3, 4 = 13
5, 3, 1, 3, 6 = 14  
Rain Yupa rolled 6 6-sided dice: 2, 3, 6, 6, 1, 4 Total: 22 (6-36)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:16 pm
Rerolling those 3 ones. Doubling the dice in case more 1s happen.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:32 pm
I suck neutral  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:16 pm
Lol! Apparently we're doing Curse of Strahd. I didn't even know that until like half an hour into my first session.

We got sorta-TPK'd a couple hours in and had to restart the campaign (half the players were missing from last week). TECHNICALLY I didn't die, due to very generous Fireball and Falling Damage rolls, and a decent Deception roll to play dead. So I technically lived to fight another day, but yeah, I abandoned all hope and fled. Re-used the same character for the restart though.

All told, 3 PCs have died. The wizard and monk/warlock from the first run, and the DM's added PC/NPC for the restart. Taking 101 alchemist's fire explosions to the face at level 3 is usually kind of fatal sweatdrop

All told, I haven't actually healed any damage yet. Every time damage has happened, it's been like, 70-80 damage at once. sweatdrop  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:18 am
Reminds me of an old 3.5 game I was in... had a guy who would keep buying bagfuls of Alchemist Fire (and I mean the big bags), that he would carry around to use as a one-shot attack at anything that was big, mean, and nasty enough for it.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:41 pm
I don't think they're intended to stack on a 1:1 basis. I think the 101 bottles of alchemist fire was 10d10 damage; while a lot, it's not, say, 101d6 damage. It was a one-shot thematic trap that robbed us of treasure inside while alerting nearby werewolves to our location sweatdrop

I've definitely been playing healbot a lot so far in 2 sessions. I can't wait for the time when I have to wildshape into a bear and maul a sucker because I'm confident my fellow players forgot I can do that ^-^'  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas