Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
Lake Kindred? (A) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

remly

Everyday Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:16 am
✵【remly】:
Hi there c: I just wanted to ask what's this game called Lake Kindred.
I have a very slow internet connection so I can't check how it goes. I plan to play in the future and do you have any tips on playing the game? Also, could you tell me more about the starter (pokemon? lol) or whatever you call it haha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:38 pm
remly
✵【remly】:
I have a very slow internet connection so I can't check how it goes. I plan to play in the future and do you have any tips on playing the game? Also, could you tell me more about the starter (pokemon? lol) or whatever you call it haha

Alright, some quick basics. It was released last year. Gaia usually puts focus on its newest games/features, so it's getting a lot of love right now.
Actual game mechanics are easier to explain once you've seen the game. Sooo I'll skip over that for now. Basically, it's a verrry bare bones Pokemon. If you like Pokemon, you might like this game. However, you might also get very bored. XD

There are two areas (Zen Temple, Fafnir's Peak) that have RIGs/CIs* as random drops. These RIGs have the potential to grant rare, expensive items. For the most part, you'll get cheap items. However, the main point here is: you get items.
For this, any kin can be used. It does help to have strong kin, because the kin at both those places pack a wallop. However, even starter kin can take on these areas. (I'd just raise them a bit at Lake Kindred (the first area) first, and then fight lower leveled kin at the Temple/Peak.)

The way that many users are making gold is by defeating the trees (Sycamortes kin) in Kindred Wilds. Sycamortes have a chance of dropping 1 or 2 billion gold when defeated. And I've seen users say that they can make about 30b an hour if they focus on killing the trees. Though, I'm not sure if that's still true because Gaia is still tweaking the game mechanics.
Not all kin are created equal. Only a handful of kin can defeat the trees. So, if your main goal would be to defeat trees, I'd recommend getting a tree-killing kin asap. LK is very time consuming because you'll have to put in many hours (or spend a lot of gold on potions) to raise your kin up to a level where it can defeat the trees.

I personally don't have much to say about the starters. > < Whatever starter you choose will be soulbound to your account and you won't be able to trade it away. However, you can get the other starters in game (as random drops) or buy them from the marketplace.
Basically, the starters are very weak and not worth investing time into. ^^; I'd recommend reading the guides that I'll link. They'll suggest strong kin... which are usually expensive. They also will give tips on which of the "cheaper" kin are strong and worth investment.

Prep for LK: So... before you play the game, here are some ways to prep:

Vote everyday in the Runway. It doesn't matter what category, just make at least one vote. Do not skip any days. You get bonus gold rewards for voting. But, on the 8th day, you'll get a bundle. That bundle has 10 potions that you can use to increase your kin's level by 1. That's ten free levels! That saves a whole lot of time.
On that note, I wouldn't use those potions unless a kin is at least level 25 or so. It'll seem like it takes forever to get to level 25, but it takes even longer as you continue to raise. You'll save time if you wait and use them when your kin is a higher level. At least, that's what I've been told.
And, even once you get that bundle, keep voting! You can repeat those rewards to keep getting that bundle.
(This reward system was released in the last month or so. So far, users get the same chirpette bundle each time, but that doesn't mean that the prize won't change. To my knowledge, we don't know if the staff plans to switch up the prize or not.)

User Image
This is an excellent thread. It'll give you more explanation as to the many reasons why people play LK, what kin you should look into getting, and what steps you can take (by playing LK) to save up for the tree-killers. And many, many other tips.

If you're trying to figure out which kin is a good investment, the guide above will give examples and reasons. This guide linked below has the stats on each kin. If you're trying to decide on a kin, knowing their level 50 stats might help. (Level 50 is the max level for kin, currently.) Alternatively, the Kin Level Rewards guide (linked further below) also lists the level 50 stats in an easier format.
Pet Stats Guide

Once you're playing:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This thread answers a lot of the questions that will arise once you start playing the game.

As you play, you gain experience by defeating kin. You gain levels from that experience. You will gain levels for your own personal character (avatar) and your kin will gain levels as they fight. (In terms of pokemon, there's no experience share. Kin must fight to earn rewards. You also can't switch out kin during a fight.)
You will get a reward each time you gain a level. This thread lists the rewards that your avatar and that each kin get at each level. If you're curious.

Detailed Leveling Guides
Depending on what kin you've chosen to raise, there might be a guide here that will help you know which area would be the best/fastest to raise at.

This thread lists the potential rewards for each LK area.

RIG Item Lists
This thread links you to the item lists for a lot of the RIGs. This way, you can see what each RIG has a chance of granting.

If you're a glutton for guides, here's a list of guides.
You'll see that Salathielly has an excellent thread that list kin by their stat types. ;3

On last tip:
The official url for LK is www.gaiaonline.com/pets
However, there's also another url: www.gaiaonline.com/pets/lite
That version works on mobile devices. It's also less laggy in general.
I don't know the data usage of the game. But, if you're just worried about a slow connection and not data usage, I'd check out the game. I don't think it's graphics heavy. And it's turn-by-turn play, so it's not like you'd get attacked while waiting for frames to load.

*laughs* When I clicked to reply to this, I was just gonna leave those first 3 paragraphs as an answer. ...but then I kept typing. XD; Sorry about the wall of text.

*If you see people say "RIG (or rig)" and "CI," they're talking about the same type of item. There are just two terms for it. There wasn't an official name for those types of items when they were first released. Users affectionately referred to them as RIGs because the odds were rigged. ;D Sooo, after a while, Gaia gave them the official name of "Chance Items" or "CIs" for short. I usually try to say CI, but old habits die hard.
RIG = Random Item Generator
CI = Chance Item

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

remly

Everyday Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:00 pm
sdrawkcab
remly
✵【remly】:

Alright, some quick basics. It was released last year. Gaia usually puts focus on its newest games/features, so it's getting a lot of love right now.
Actual game mechanics are easier to explain once you've seen the game. Sooo I'll skip over that for now. Basically, it's a verrry bare bones Pokemon. If you like Pokemon, you might like this game. However, you might also get very bored. XD

There are two areas (Zen Temple, Fafnir's Peak) that have RIGs/CIs* as random drops. These RIGs have the potential to grant rare, expensive items. For the most part, you'll get cheap items. However, the main point here is: you get items.
For this, any kin can be used. It does help to have strong kin, because the kin at both those places pack a wallop. However, even starter kin can take on these areas. (I'd just raise them a bit at Lake Kindred (the first area) first, and then fight lower leveled kin at the Temple/Peak.)

The way that many users are making gold is by defeating the trees (Sycamortes kin) in Kindred Wilds. Sycamortes have a chance of dropping 1 or 2 billion gold when defeated. And I've seen users say that they can make about 30b an hour if they focus on killing the trees. Though, I'm not sure if that's still true because Gaia is still tweaking the game mechanics.
Not all kin are created equal. Only a handful of kin can defeat the trees. So, if your main goal would be to defeat trees, I'd recommend getting a tree-killing kin asap. LK is very time consuming because you'll have to put in many hours (or spend a lot of gold on potions) to raise your kin up to a level where it can defeat the trees.

I personally don't have much to say about the starters. > < Whatever starter you choose will be soulbound to your account and you won't be able to trade it away. However, you can get the other starters in game (as random drops) or buy them from the marketplace.
Basically, the starters are very weak and not worth investing time into. ^^; I'd recommend reading the guides that I'll link. They'll suggest strong kin... which are usually expensive. They also will give tips on which of the "cheaper" kin are strong and worth investment.

Vote everyday in the Runway. It doesn't matter what category, just make at least one vote. Do not skip any days. You get bonus gold rewards for voting. But, on the 8th day, you'll get a bundle. That bundle has 10 potions that you can use to increase your kin's level by 1. That's ten free levels! That saves a whole lot of time.
On that note, I wouldn't use those potions unless a kin is at least level 25 or so. It'll seem like it takes forever to get to level 25, but it takes even longer as you continue to raise. You'll save time if you wait and use them when your kin is a higher level. At least, that's what I've been told.
And, even once you get that bundle, keep voting! You can repeat those rewards to keep getting that bundle.
(This reward system was released in the last month or so. So far, users get the same chirpette bundle each time, but that doesn't mean that the prize won't change. To my knowledge, we don't know if the staff plans to switch up the prize or not.)

User Image
This is an excellent thread. It'll give you more explanation as to the many reasons why people play LK, what kin you should look into getting, and what steps you can take (by playing LK) to save up for the tree-killers. And many, many other tips.

If you're trying to figure out which kin is a good investment, the guide above will give examples and reasons. This guide linked below has the stats on each kin. If you're trying to decide on a kin, knowing their level 50 stats might help. (Level 50 is the max level for kin, currently.) Alternatively, the Kin Level Rewards guide (linked further below) also lists the level 50 stats in an easier format.
Pet Stats Guide

Once you're playing:

This thread answers a lot of the questions that will arise once you start playing the game.

As you play, you gain experience by defeating kin. You gain levels from that experience. You will gain levels for your own personal character (avatar) and your kin will gain levels as they fight. (In terms of pokemon, there's no experience share. Kin must fight to earn rewards. You also can't switch out kin during a fight.)
You will get a reward each time you gain a level. This thread lists the rewards that your avatar and that each kin get at each level. If you're curious.

Detailed Leveling Guides
Depending on what kin you've chosen to raise, there might be a guide here that will help you know which area would be the best/fastest to raise at.

RIG Item Lists
This thread links you to the item lists for a lot of the RIGs. This way, you can see what each RIG has a chance of granting.

You'll see that Salathielly has an excellent thread that list kin by their stat types. ;3

On last tip:
I don't know the data usage of the game. But, if you're just worried about a slow connection and not data usage, I'd check out the game. I don't think it's graphics heavy. And it's turn-by-turn play, so it's not like you'd get attacked while waiting for frames to load.

*laughs* When I clicked to reply to this, I was just gonna leave those first 3 paragraphs as an answer. ...but then I kept typing. XD; Sorry about the wall of text.

*If you see people say "RIG (or rig)" and "CI," they're talking about the same type of item. There are just two terms for it. There wasn't an official name for those types of items when they were first released. Users affectionately referred to them as RIGs because the odds were rigged. ;D Sooo, after a while, Gaia gave them the official name of "Chance Items" or "CIs" for short. I usually try to say CI, but old habits die hard.
CI = Chance Item

✵【remly】:
Wow thanks so much for the info emotion_hug It really helps a lot and I'll check/subscribe to those links c: and I don't mind the huge wall of texts hehe since it's very helpful. usually other people would get annoyed on how after typing in huge amounts and get little replies in return but I don't know what else to say, besides thank you hehe since I was struggling on how I could earn more gold here to achieve my quest hehe xD I really appreciate all the effort you put into this ;D and I hope I could give LK a try hehe thanks for the tip too ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:41 pm
remly
sdrawkcab
remly
✵【remly】:

User Image

Pet Stats Guide

Once you're playing:

Detailed Leveling Guides

RIG Item Lists

On last tip:

CI = Chance Item

✵【remly】:
Wow thanks so much for the info emotion_hug It really helps a lot and I'll check/subscribe to those links c: and I don't mind the huge wall of texts hehe since it's very helpful. usually other people would get annoyed on how after typing in huge amounts and get little replies in return but I don't know what else to say, besides thank you hehe since I was struggling on how I could earn more gold here to achieve my quest hehe xD I really appreciate all the effort you put into this ;D and I hope I could give LK a try hehe thanks for the tip too ^_^

No problem! Check them out whenever.
And XD thanks for trying to write a lot in the reply, but that's okay! I understand that you wouldn't have much to reply back about yet. >3 That's why you asked the question. ^^

Yes. Right now, I think LK is the best way to earn gold here. I hear that it will take quite a bit of time investment in the beginning, but it pays off in the long run.
You can also earn free Gaia Cash. The videos and offers do add up. Before you know it, you'll have enough cash to buy and sell an item in the marketplace for gold. Or, heck, save up 499gc in case there's a kin you want. XD;
It also doesn't hurt to check the Dumpster from time to time (every 5 mins).

Oh! Also, my friend told me today that she only got 10 mil gold instead of the Chirpette bundle. > < Hopefully that's not the new prize. Buuuutttt that tip I gave you about voting in the Runway might be defunct. ^^;

Oh oh, one more thing:
Darkerdemons has an awesome giveaway thread. She's giving away lots of kin and LK items that will help you out. (And equippable items for your avatar).

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

remly

Everyday Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:15 pm
sdrawkcab
remly
sdrawkcab
remly
✵【remly】:

User Image

Pet Stats Guide

Once you're playing:

Detailed Leveling Guides

RIG Item Lists

On last tip:

CI = Chance Item

✵【remly】:

No problem! Check them out whenever.
And XD thanks for trying to write a lot in the reply, but that's okay! I understand that you wouldn't have much to reply back about yet. >3 That's why you asked the question. ^^

Yes. Right now, I think LK is the best way to earn gold here. I hear that it will take quite a bit of time investment in the beginning, but it pays off in the long run.
You can also earn free Gaia Cash. The videos and offers do add up. Before you know it, you'll have enough cash to buy and sell an item in the marketplace for gold. Or, heck, save up 499gc in case there's a kin you want. XD;
It also doesn't hurt to check the Dumpster from time to time (every 5 mins).

Oh! Also, my friend told me today that she only got 10 mil gold instead of the Chirpette bundle. > < Hopefully that's not the new prize. Buuuutttt that tip I gave you about voting in the Runway might be defunct. ^^;

Oh oh, one more thing:
Darkerdemons has an awesome giveaway thread. She's giving away lots of kin and LK items that will help you out. (And equippable items for your avatar).

✵【remly】:
Thanks! I will c:
Thanks for being understanding too sweatdrop Do you play the game as well?

I see. Yeah I do watch the gcash vids when they're available. I usually get the virool one. sad and it doesn't give gcash even after completing the offer. Yeah I check the dumpster too lol I get most of my items there haha

I see o: I hope it isn't permanent.

Thanks again! <3 If you don't mind could I add you here? c: You've really helped me out alot!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:28 pm
Just as sdrawkcab said it, LK is the best way to earn gold here biggrin
I playLK myself, but not fanatically as in I need all the special kins and such. I honestly just play it for gold.
But yeah! LK is a grand way of earning gold.
Each battle you complete, if you take a place like Fafnir´s Peak, offers you around 10K to 15K, or a RIG item. Just be careful not to generate gold with the Fishing Hole RIGs (there is a gold option), since it can damage the already horribly inflated economy of Gaia emotion_8c

But, yes, you get RIGs at Fafnir´s Peak, besides that you also earn an item or gold whenever you level as a trainer, or level your kindreds.
The way I used to earn gold was actually play a lot of LK and just grind loads of potions (these you can earn in the "normal" zones) and sold them on the Market Place, because I really didn´t have much use for them so, eh.
Sometimes you can get some swell RIGs that you can sell on MP (Market Place), but sadly it´s not everything that really gives you bang for your buck. However you can be as lucky as to get a "Winther Trunk" when you fight in that Zone, and that´s great! A Winter Trunk can grant some swell items, but it can indeed also grant Ticket Fragments which can be sold for a good price on MP. I know because I actually was lucky enough to get one myself biggrin

I can provide some useful links to LK.
A list of Drops found in each zone of Fafnir´s Peak X

Possibly one of the biggest Lake Kindred Guide Threads there is X

Spread-sheet of the Kin Level Rewards X

Hope it helps, and have fun~ emotion_bigheart  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:43 pm
remly
✵【remly】:
Thanks! I will c:

I see. Yeah I do watch the gcash vids when they're available. I usually get the virool one. sad and it doesn't give gcash even after completing the offer. Yeah I check the dumpster too lol I get most of my items there haha

Thanks again! <3 If you don't mind could I add you here? c: You've really helped me out alot!

I play LK sometimes... mostly while I watch TV. Lately, I mostly play in Zen Temple for the RIGs.

Ugh. Yeah, I get annoyed by the ads too. And XD same. Before they put these RIGs in LK, I got all my clothing from the dumpster too. XD;

And sure! I sent a request.

Madeleine Heilburg
I playLK myself, but not fanatically as in I need all the special kins and such. I honestly just play it for gold.
Each battle you complete, if you take a place like Fafnir´s Peak, offers you around 10K to 15K, or a RIG item. Just be careful not to generate gold with the Fishing Hole RIGs (there is a gold option), since it can damage the already horribly inflated economy of Gaia emotion_8c

But, yes, you get RIGs at Fafnir´s Peak, besides that you also earn an item or gold whenever you level as a trainer, or level your kindreds.
The way I used to earn gold was actually play a lot of LK and just grind loads of potions (these you can earn in the "normal" zones) and sold them on the Market Place, because I really didn´t have much use for them so, eh.
Sometimes you can get some swell RIGs that you can sell on MP (Market Place), but sadly it´s not everything that really gives you bang for your buck. However you can be as lucky as to get a "Winther Trunk" when you fight in that Zone, and that´s great! A Winter Trunk can grant some swell items, but it can indeed also grant Ticket Fragments which can be sold for a good price on MP. I know because I actually was lucky enough to get one myself biggrin

OoOoOOOo~ lucky! Congrats on the fragment!
My favorite RIGs are those Winter Trunks and those Ice Fishing Holes. I got an OMG from one of the fishing holes. That's been my best pull so far. :D
I also really like the Village of Fairies. Zen Temple drops a lot of them. I like that it's a RIG of RIGs. There is a lot of variety. o wo It's a nice break for when Fafnir's Peak won't give me trunks and fishing holes. XD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:25 am
sdrawkcab

I was sor surprised to see the fragment, but it sold for quite a bit on MP, so I was pleased ^^
And oh gosh I know what you mean! Fishing holes and Winter Trunks are the best biggrin  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

remly

Everyday Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:11 pm
sdrawkcab
remly
✵【remly】:
Thanks! I will c:

I play LK sometimes... mostly while I watch TV. Lately, I mostly play in Zen Temple for the RIGs.

Ugh. Yeah, I get annoyed by the ads too. And XD same. Before they put these RIGs in LK, I got all my clothing from the dumpster too. XD;

And sure! I sent a request.

Madeleine Heilburg

OoOoOOOo~ lucky! Congrats on the fragment!
My favorite RIGs are those Winter Trunks and those Ice Fishing Holes. I got an OMG from one of the fishing holes. That's been my best pull so far. :D
I also really like the Village of Fairies. Zen Temple drops a lot of them. I like that it's a RIG of RIGs. There is a lot of variety. o wo It's a nice break for when Fafnir's Peak won't give me trunks and fishing holes. XD

✵【remly】:
Ohh I see. hihi thanks I accepted it <3 yay~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:51 pm
Madeleine Heilburg

✵【remly】:
Ohh thank you <3 It was really helpful heart I actually got started recently and have 5 kins? lol I think I'm doing well even if the highest level kin I have is just 4 haha sweatdrop I actually get sleepy from playing the game lol

and I'll check those links out when I my kins get stronger hehe

remly

Everyday Phantom

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 pm
remly

I have a ton of kins, should you ever want some.
What kind of kins do you have now? smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:10 am
Madeleine Heilburg
remly

I have a ton of kins, should you ever want some.
What kind of kins do you have now? smile

✵【remly】:
wow thank you emotion_kirakira Well I have 2 cubdrops, 1 Flyvern, 2 brilliant Tanuki, and 1 leafkit hehe

remly

Everyday Phantom

remly

Everyday Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:37 am
Madeleine Heilburg

✵【remly】:
Thank you so much emotion_hug I've been having hard time and just thank you ;w ; I hope I could repay you in some way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:14 am
remly

Oh gosh, you´re so sweet! No need to repay me! You just go out there and have fun, okay? 3nodding  

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

besha_bazona416

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:20 pm
so far I heard good things about that game but haven't checked it out yet  
☆ Questions and Assistance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items