Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Rain tries to talk Kowsauni into In Nomine Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:33 pm
Ravanan
Rain Yupa

Yeeeeeeeeeesss.

Time for me to learn everything about this game o,.,o And then probably end up playing it only once in my life.

Ha, this'll be my second time if it happens (which it sounds like it will, at least for you).  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:46 am
Rain Yupa
Ravanan
Rain Yupa

Yeeeeeeeeeesss.

Time for me to learn everything about this game o,.,o And then probably end up playing it only once in my life.

Ha, this'll be my second time if it happens (which it sounds like it will, at least for you).

Although I have no idea how to play it and it seems that the only PDF on the internet I can find has been squashed down to a size it's impossible to read it o,.,o

Sad Snek  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:36 am
Raganui Minamoto

Rain Yupa

I will fight you two over this.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:59 pm
Ravanan
Rain Yupa
Ravanan
Rain Yupa

Yeeeeeeeeeesss.

Although I have no idea how to play it and it seems that the only PDF on the internet I can find has been squashed down to a size it's impossible to read it o,.,o

Sad Snek

D666 system! You roll 3d6 any time you have to make a check. 2 are added together, and the 3rd is a "check digit", which measures the level of success. Typically, your target number is something like your Trait (Strength, etc) + whatever skill you're doing, and you have to roll equal or lower than that. So if we were simply swording, if I got a 3 and you got a 9, it doesn't matter we'd both hit if it meets or beats the TN. The check digit, in this case, will be how hard you hit.

Another example: a race. Out of all those who made the check, the highest check digit wins, and then proceeds downward. But even the lowest check digit still beats anyone who failed the roll.

There's also a mechanic called Divine and Diabolic Intervention. If you ever roll 1,1,1, that's called Divine Intervention. It's the best possible result, miraculous even, if you're an angel. A critical success. But if you're a demon, that's a critical failure; Heaven just flipped you the bird white dove.

Same with 6,6,6, just in reverse of who it helps and who it hurts. So even if your stats were good enough as an angel where you'd still succeed on a natural 12, if your check digit is a 6 as well, you've done gone eff'd up, son.

That's the nitty gritty of the system as a whole. Everything else is just special stuff that some characters can do and others can't.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:11 pm
Oh, and the Archangels from the core rules:

Blandine, Archangel of Dreams
David, Archangel of Stone
Dominic, Archangel of Judgment
Eli, Archangel of Creation
Gabriel, Archangel of Fire
Janus, Archangel of the Wind
Jean, Archangel of Lightning
Jordi, Archangel of Animals
Laurence, Archangel of the Sword
Marc, Archangel of Trade
Michael, Archangel of War
Novalis, Archangel of Flowers
Yves, Archangel of Destiny

And the 7 choirs:
Seraphim, the most holy, who can generally tell if someone is lying to them simply by feeling it in the Symphony (think the musical "fabric of the universe").
Cherubim, the guardians, who's duty it is to protect someone or something at all costs.
Ofanim, the wheels, the swiftest angels who can become unstoppable forces going where ever they are needed, but are poisoned by inaction.
Elohim, the powers, the most balanced angels who embody objectivity and eschew subjectivity.
Malakim, the virtues, divine warriors that live eat and breathe honor.
Kyriotates, the dominations, who seldom have forms of their own but instead borrow mortal hosts and try to guide them to better lives.
Mercurians, friends of man, incredibly social angels who love humanity more than anyone else (including humanity itself).  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:30 am
Rain Yupa

Oh so this doesn't have like... real solid statistics for everything like Pathfinder or Dnd does? It just kinda relies on a small group of numbers for everything?  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:37 pm
I'm afraid that I don't understand the question sweatdrop

Examples, please?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:17 pm
Rain Yupa

It works on that D666 thing, so does that mean there's no like feats and such that flesh out things for specific actions?  

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:21 pm
ok, its been a crazy week, but I am back, sort of. My life is now scheduled around the whims of a tiny baby but I have some free time now while I'm off work.

Usually I'm not really into angle vs. demon stuff but I could give this a try.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:30 pm
Kowsauni
ok, its been a crazy week, but I am back, sort of. My life is now scheduled around the whims of a tiny baby but I have some free time now while I'm off work.

Usually I'm not really into angle vs. demon stuff but I could give this a try.

Ah. I was mainly suggesting this game because you tend to value good > evil, and I wanted to try to reward you for diligence and hard work in the guild. I have other options.

I've been thinking of finally splurging and getting a copy of Everway (it's like, Fantasy 'Sliders'), if you're more keen on the thought of adventure rather than the eternal battle of good versus evil. I also have an incredibly fun game called Monster Hearts, which is a very social game where the PCs are teenage monsters disguised/fitting in with normal people dealing with teenage problems! Like group projects, dating, your parents, the status quo, sex, fellow supernatural entities that threaten to rip the world you know asunder... y'know, normal teenager problems.

Alternatively, Nobilis, which is about ascension into godhood and is like, the most abstract setting and it makes my left-brained self weep.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:56 pm
Ravanan
Rain Yupa

It works on that D666 thing, so does that mean there's no like feats and such that flesh out things for specific actions?

-Still- not sure what you're asking ^-^ But let me tell you some of the things involved in your character sheet, and maybe that'll answer it?

• Your Forces/Characteristics. They're like attributes in D&D. 6 in total. You can be balanced, or specialized, as you see fit.
  • Attunements, which are the things you get for being X-choir angel in service to Y Superior. You get that for free, and can spend some of your starting points to get more (but only your Superior's attunements are available to purchase). Those are probably the closest thing to 'feats' here. Random example: Cherubim of Laurence Attunement: "Cherubim working for Laurence may utilize their natural resonance of attunement not with a touch, but upon anything they see." In addition to the choir attunements I just mentioned, each Superior has special servitor attunements. Example, Laurence's 'Hunt' servitor attunement: "This attunement grants to a servitor the ability to unerringly track any being he has fought, however great the distance between them. He may keep track of a number of his opponents equal to his Ethereal Forces."
  • Resources, which are the conglomeration of everything else. These are artifacts, roles, servants, skills, songs, and vessels. Artifacts are special equipment, roles are basically "secret identities" that you use to infiltrate human society and not be conspicuous, servants are what they sound like, skills are what they sound like, songs are like "spells", and vessels are bodies you 'wear' while on Earth.

So, for example, my angel has the Fast Talk skill with 3 ranks. Fast-Talk uses the Will Characteristic, and let's say I have a Will of 4. With my d666 roll, I need to roll 7 or less (3 ranks + 4 will) on 2d6, and the final 6 is the measure of success.

Everyone has a pool of points called Essence, which is often used to fuel some of your supernatural abilities. Essence can be spent to increase your roll, raising the threshold of what you need to roll under. So if I REALLY wanted to make sure I made that Fast Talk, I could dump 2 points of Essence and have to roll 9 or less instead.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:12 am
Hmm, a game where I can play a teenage monster girl, in a modern setting, you say. That might kinda pique my interests.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:23 am
Kowsauni
Hmm, a game where I can play a teenage monster girl, in a modern setting, you say. That might kinda pique my interests.

The different "types" of characters you can play are called Skins. There's 10 in the main rulebook
Chosen = Monster slayer (think Buffy), human
Fae = What it says on the tin
Ghost = What it says on the tin
Ghoul = What it says on the tin
Infernal = Struck a pact with a dark entity for power
Mortal (basically the helpless boyfriend/girlfriend), human
Queen = Leader-type with groupies. Human, but certainly doesn't act like it.
Vampire = What it says on the tin
Werewolf = What it says on the tin
Witch = What it says on the tin

(Also, some more released in an expansion kickstarter that I backed; after each "season", players can start new characters if they want, and I'll offer those at the start of season 2.)

The different Skins are a free download on the main page here if we end up playing it.

I've run this on another forum so I'd just have to copy/paste the rules over here if I run it. Simple system of 2d6 whenever you need to make a roll; 10+ = best possible success, 7-9 = mixed success, anything less is a failure. Your 4 stats will range from -2 to +2 (between char gen and advancement) to your roll.

I generally encourage rolling as little as possible and just roleplaying it out, because repeated failures will make repeated and multiple bad things happen to you; however, advancement will generally require to roll at least a little. 2 of your 4 stats will be "highlighted" and you gain 1 xp when you roll that stat; 5 xp can buy you one advancement (such as a new ability or stat boost). 1 stat is highlighted by the MC (me), the other by another player. You might have a really high Volatile stat (for punching things!), but maybe I highlight Cold because I want to see you try ending a conflict non-violently for a change, and another player highlights your Hot stat because they want to see you struggle with dating for their amusement. Highlighted stats can change "session to session" (for PBP, I do it by episode/thread).  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:52 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

The different "types" of characters you can play are called Skins. There's 10 in the main rulebook
Chosen = Monster slayer (think Buffy), human
Fae = What it says on the tin
Ghost = What it says on the tin
Ghoul = What it says on the tin
Infernal = Struck a pact with a dark entity for power
Mortal (basically the helpless boyfriend/girlfriend), human
Queen = Leader-type with groupies. Human, but certainly doesn't act like it.
Vampire = What it says on the tin
Werewolf = What it says on the tin
Witch = What it says on the tin

(Also, some more released in an expansion kickstarter that I backed; after each "season", players can start new characters if they want, and I'll offer those at the start of season 2.)

The different Skins are a free download on the main page here if we end up playing it.

I've run this on another forum so I'd just have to copy/paste the rules over here if I run it. Simple system of 2d6 whenever you need to make a roll; 10+ = best possible success, 7-9 = mixed success, anything less is a failure. Your 4 stats will range from -2 to +2 (between char gen and advancement) to your roll.

I generally encourage rolling as little as possible and just roleplaying it out, because repeated failures will make repeated and multiple bad things happen to you; however, advancement will generally require to roll at least a little. 2 of your 4 stats will be "highlighted" and you gain 1 xp when you roll that stat; 5 xp can buy you one advancement (such as a new ability or stat boost). 1 stat is highlighted by the MC (me), the other by another player. You might have a really high Volatile stat (for punching things!), but maybe I highlight Cold because I want to see you try ending a conflict non-violently for a change, and another player highlights your Hot stat because they want to see you struggle with dating for their amusement. Highlighted stats can change "session to session" (for PBP, I do it by episode/thread).

That seems pretty groovy.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:53 pm
Hmm, not quite the monster game I had in mind. This game sounds like trying to role play Twilight or True Blood. (My own opinion, but I hate sexy vampires.) Supernatural YA romance isn't really my thing. This game system seems like its trying really hard to be dark and edgy but I guess its all how the DM wants to play it. I'll have to think about it.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff