Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4E, Heart of a Monster [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noname 51

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:53 am
Would you allow an AOE attack to be centered on an open square? I want to play a wizard, but I don't want to hit other PC's; and I have been in campaigns with both rules.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:23 pm
Of course you can attack an open square. I have never heard of someone disallowing that. I am pretty sure it is in the rules. How else are you going to try and hit an invisible monster?

So, yes, if you have line of sight and line of affect to a square you can attack it or center an AOE on it.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:05 pm
Kowsauni
Of course you can attack an open square. I have never heard of someone disallowing that. I am pretty sure it is in the rules. How else are you going to try and hit an invisible monster?

Oh crap are we surrounded by invisible monsters right now? eek  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:22 pm
Rain Yupa
Kowsauni

Oh crap are we surrounded by invisible monsters right now? eek

Hehe, well if you remember Nathaniel, he wasn't teleporting around. He was turning invisible and just running past you guys with his incredible speed. His stealth was good enough you never heard him running around.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Noname 51

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:48 pm
I hate coming up with backstories...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=807617  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 1:33 am
Noname 51
I hate coming up with backstories...

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=807617

Cool, looks good at a cursory glance. I will build it in the character builder tomorrow to make sure everything checks out. I will need you to provide me with a back story. At least a paragraph or so but you can get as elaborate as you like. Once that is done I will PM you with how your character will be joining the party.  

Kowsauni
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas