Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4E, Heart of a Monster [Full] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:03 pm
Kowsauni

Sorry, I'm going to have to deny that request. Changing keywords is kind of a big deal. On my wizard I had to wait till paragon to take a feat just to add the fire keyword to one power.

Don't be sorry that's my ignorance of 4e showing there. I'm used to pathfinder where sorcerer level 1 is just like "Im a fire bloodline sorcerer everything now does fire damage".

Meanwhile progress on background 729 words written. Considering scrapping that draft to try from a different angle.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni

Sorry, I'm going to have to deny that request. Changing keywords is kind of a big deal. On my wizard I had to wait till paragon to take a feat just to add the fire keyword to one power.

Don't be sorry that's my ignorance of 4e showing there. I'm used to pathfinder where sorcerer level 1 is just like "Im a fire bloodline sorcerer everything now does fire damage".

Meanwhile progress on background 729 words written. Considering scrapping that draft to try from a different angle.

You can actually pick up something at level 11 that lets you swap out the word on a single power.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:27 pm
Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

Hey, everyone. I haven't forgot about you all. I just have been busy with my baby being born and stuff. My wife Alphabetfish has volunteered to make a bard for the group so once she has time to do that we'll get the ball rolling on this. I anticipate getting "Heart of a Monster" started in the next week or so.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 5:58 pm
Kowsauni
My wife Alphabetfish has volunteered to make a bard

MOAR TIEFLINGS I humbly welcome her presence.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:59 am
Would people welcome a hybrid avenger(ph2)/rouge?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:25 pm
Sure, though you do understand that you can only use sneak attack on rogue attack powers and the same for the avenger class abilities with avenger attack powers?

The main thing is I'm looking for people to meet the activity requirements I posted above and to play characters that wont be antagonistic to the other player characters or the npcs.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Lavander42

Dapper Star

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:05 pm
I know that and I'll try.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm
Okay, I've got my profile all set up. 3nodding

Here's Twyla the Bard's sheet!  

AlphabetFish

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:11 pm
Mongooseh

PupSage

Rain Yupa

Alright, I will officially be starting "Heart of a Monster" on March 8th. Rain could you please change the title of my subforum to "Heart of a Monster" and un-sticky the Beast of a Thousand Knives main role play thread. Thanks.

Lavander42

Lavender, I'll be happy to have you on board but I will need your completed character profile before march 8th when I begin this. Otherwise, you might have to wait on the side lines until I find a convenient time to work your character into the campaign.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:35 am
6 days to get this background done? Challenge accepted.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:22 am
Done.

Also, a note to the new melee types about my paladin build; being a Tiefling, I get +1 attack vs bloodied foes; I also have a feat that grants +1 with at-will attacks vs bloodied foes, and another feat with +1 if me, or my target, is next to a bloodied ally. One of my at-wills is Enfeebling Strike, which will give a marked target a further -2 to attack rolls (if I hit).

So ideally, if you're a melee type and you're bloodied, stick close to me and help me tag-team a baddie, and I'll do what I can to make sure you don't get hit.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:34 am
Rain Yupa
Done.

Also, a note to the new melee types about my paladin build; being a Tiefling, I get +1 attack vs bloodied foes; I also have a feat that grants +1 with at-will attacks vs bloodied foes, and another feat with +1 if me, or my target, is next to a bloodied ally. One of my at-wills is Enfeebling Strike, which will give a marked target a further -2 to attack rolls (if I hit).

So ideally, if you're a melee type and you're bloodied, stick close to me and help me tag-team a baddie, and I'll do what I can to make sure you don't get hit.

I should redo my powers to all the bloodied one and we will be the tiefling blood buddies.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 am
Up to you! Revenge is made to be a "when the going gets tough, the tough gets going" kind of Paladin.
Dazzling Flare (Encounter pew pew laser) - Target takes -2 to attack rolls.
Glorious Charge (Daily charge) - Nearby allies gain hp back.
Martyr's Blessing (Daily Utility) - I take an attack instead of a nearby ally.

Most of my stuff is built around supporting everyone else, especially if you're in close proximity to me. The only ones that aren't is an encounter that grants me a saving throw, on the off-chance I'm immobilized and I need to shake it so I can run over and lay-on-hands one of you the same turn; and a daily on the off chance I'm still flush with healing surges and everyone else is low, for more damage.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:09 pm
Kowsauni
Lavender, I'll be happy to have you on board but I will need your completed character profile before march 8th when I begin this. Otherwise, you might have to wait on the side lines until I find a convenient time to work your character into the campaign.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=736120
Character backstory: Lavander was an orphan growing up in a human town, her elf parents killed by orcs. She learned the tricks to staying alive as an orphan, stealing, begging, and doing whatever it takes to survive. It was this mentality that made her accept the offer to be trained as an avenger of Corellon. They promised food and shelter in return and Lavander was unaware of the trials and dangers that would follow....  

Lavander42

Dapper Star

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:40 pm
Lavander42
Kowsauni

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=736120
Character backstory: Lavander was an orphan growing up in a human town, her elf parents killed by orcs. She learned the tricks to staying alive as an orphan, stealing, begging, and doing whatever it takes to survive. It was this mentality that made her accept the offer to be trained as an avenger of Corellon. They promised food and shelter in return and Lavander was unaware of the trials and dangers that would follow....

Where are you getting your stats? That is way more then 20 point buy. If you want to roll your stats with dice you have to roll them in this thread here so I can see the results. The rules for rolling your stats is posted on the front page of this thread.

A few other things.

You should only have a +1 bonus to REF from your Rogue Hybrid class, not +3

You can train in 5 skills, but I have you only trained in 4. Also, you cannot train in diplomacy as neither hybrid class grants it. If you took a background benefit that allows you to train in diplomacy I need to see it listed on your character sheet.

You cannot have both dazing strike and setup strike. One of your encounter powers needs to be an Avenger power.

I only see three items on your sheet
Magic Short sword +2 (lvl 6 item)
Blood Thread Cloth Armor +1 (lvl 5 item
Everlasting provisions (lvl 4 item)
Nothing is wrong with that but you have 840 gold to buy additional items if you so desire.

Did you pick a background with a background benefit, or a theme? If you did I will need to see those listed as well.

Other wise everything else looks good so far, though I would like a little more backstory. Did you finish your training as an Avenger? Why have you come to Gladesdale? How did you come to work as an employee for a shop owner?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff