Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
D&D 4E, Heart of a Monster [Full] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:43 pm
Hello guildmates: this is the follow-up adventure to the one shot I began last year. I have 2, possibly 3 players from the last chapter and will accept up to 3 new players for this new installment.

First, let me go over the ground rules. I expect players who join this game to be active. I need to see at least 2 posts a week from each player during roleplaying. For combat, when it is your turn, you have 24 hours to post—otherwise you will be skipped or your character will be controlled by me for that turn. However, I do not count weekends.

If you have stuff going on IRL that prevents you from meeting these requirements, please let me know. If you go a week without posting you will be contacted. If I have to contact you too much, you will be dropped. If I don't hear from a player for over 2 weeks, they will be dropped from the game.

[ Character Sheets ]

1] Valac
2] Twyla
3] Lavandar

[ Setting Information/Background ]
Gladesdale is a tiny little tourist hamlet nestled in forested hills far removed from the nearby bustling port cities. It is a popular vacation spot for nobles and well-to-do merchants to get away form the hustle and bustle of daily life. Five years ago, the town was all but wiped out by some mysterious event. Buildings were razed, bodies were scattered in the streets and no one who'd witnessed what happened survived to tell the tale. This would have been the end of little Gladesdale if it weren't for some of the wealthy patrons who frequented the town investing in its reconstruction. Now, Gladesdale is once again the thriving little hamlet it was before, though a monument has been built in the center of town for the victims of the mysterious disaster.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]
Three weeks ago, a woman by the name of Abby came to Gladesdale and bought a small shop specializing in selling antiques and unique wares. Abby is a kind and generous woman. Her personality is cheerful though, her manner seems tinged with a sense of sadness and loss. She never talks about her past and will redirect the conversation if asked. Nonetheless, she seems quite eager to begin her life anew in Gladesdale and has hired you to work in her shop and help get it all set up. Over the past few weeks, she has used you to unpack things in the shop, do heavy lifting and deliver purchases to the nearby cities. Today she has summoned you to the shop for her biggest errand yet. It sounds like it's going to be quite the delivery.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Anything official; if I can build it in the character builder it goes.
Banned Resources: Nothing homebrew.

ECL: Characters begin at level 5
Wealth: One lvl 6 item, one lvl 5 item, one 1vl 4 item, 840gp
Races: No Changelings, no Pixies—all other races are okay, though character options that grant flight are not allowed.
Ability Scores: 20 point buy OR roll 4d6 and drop the lowest. If you choose to roll, you can attempt one re-roll if you don't like your first roll. At this point, you can't go back to using your first roll. If you're unhappy with your second roll result, you may use point buy instead. Please do your stat dice roles here in this thread.
Alignments: No evil of any kind.
Pantheon: Any non-evil.
Backgrounds: Any, please provide me with a written background for your character; this must be at least a paragraph long and should tie into your background benefit if you choose one.
Themes: Any.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:59 pm
The existing players are a Tiefling Paladin, a Goliath Ranger, and a Hengeyokai Assassin.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:46 am
Kowsauni
First, let me go over the ground rules. I expect players who join this game to be active.

I just woke up from a 16-hour slumber >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:24 pm
Kuori

Female Goliath Ranger
Level 5
Unaligned
From Waterdeep
Representing PupSage

Strength 16 (+3)
Constitution 11 (+0)
Dexterity 17 (+3)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 18 (+4)
Charisma 12 (+1)

Height: 7' 8"
Weight: 310 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Black
Hair: Dark Brown Dreadlocks

Maximum Hit Points: 43
Bloodied: 21
Surge Value: 10
Surges / Day: 6

Size: Medium
Speed: 6 squares
Vision: Normal

Initiative: 1d20 +7 = 2 [half level] + 3 [dexterity] + 2 [quick draw]
Armor Class: 19 = 10 + 2 [half level] + 3 [dexterity] + 4 [Hide +1]
Fortitude Defense: 16 = 10 + 2 [half level] + 1 [ranger] + 3 [strength] + 1 [Item]
Reflex Defense: 16 = 10 + 2 [half level] + 1 [ranger] + 3 [dexterity] + 1 [Item]
Will Defense: 17 = 10 + 2 [half level] + 1 [Goliath] + 4 [wisdom] + 1 [Item]

Armor: Hide +1 (25 lb)
Shield: None

Attacks:
Unarmed Melee: +5 [base strength attack] vs AC; damage 1[W]=1d4+3 [strength bonus]
Greatbow: 9 vs AC [+5 dexterity attack] [+2 half level] [+2 Magic items]; damage 1[W]=1d12+3 [dexterity bonus] range 25/50 5 lb (Bow) Load free
Add +1 damage for Weapon Focus -- Bow
Nimble Strike +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC
Twin Strike +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC
Two Fanged Strike (ranged) +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC
Split the Tree +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC
Disruptive Strike (ranged) +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC
Splintering Shot +9 [base dexterity attack] vs AC

Base Saving throw: d20 vs 10

Encumberance 4e
Normal Load: 160 lb.
Heavy Load: 320 lb.
Maximum Drag Load 800 lb.

Languages: Common; Dwarven; Giant

Skills:
Acrobatics: +4 = 3 [dexterity] + 2 [half level]-1 [armor]
Arcana: +2 = 0 [intelligence] + 2 [half level]
Athletics: +11 = 3 [strength] + 2 [half level] + 2 [Goliath] +5 [class training]-1 [armor]
Bluff: +3 = 1 [charisma] + 2 [half level]
Diplomacy: +5 = 1 [charisma] + 2 [half level] + 2 [Waterdeep]
Dungeoneering: +11 = 4 [wisdom] + 2 [half level] +5 [class training]
Endurance: +1 = 0 [constitution] + 2 [half level]-1 [armor]
Heal: +6 = 4 [wisdom] + 2 [half level]
History: +2 = 0 [intelligence] + 2 [half level]
Insight: +6 = 4 [wisdom] + 2 [half level]
Intimidate: +3 = 1 [charisma] + 2 [half level]
Nature: +13 = 4 [wisdom] + 2 [half level] + 2 [Goliath] +5 [class training]
Perception: +11 = 4 [wisdom] + 2 [half level] +5 [class training]
Religion: +2 = 0 [intelligence] + 2 [half level]
Stealth: +13 = 3 [dexterity] + 2 [half level] +5 [class training] + 2 [background] -1 [armor] +2 [Boots]
Streetwise: +3 = 1 [charisma] + 2 [half level]
Thievery: +4 = 3 [dexterity] + 2 [half level]-1 [armor]

Feats:

Markings of the Victor [PH2]
Weapon Focus -- Bow
Weapon Proficiency -- Greatbow

At-Will:

Melee Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+3 [strength bonus] [standard action]
Ranged Basic Attack: By weapon, damage 1[W]+3 [dexterity bonus] [standard action]
Bull Rush: +5 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Grab: +5 [base strength attack] vs reflex [standard action]
Move grabbed target: +5 [base strength attack] vs fortitude [standard action]
Escape: +4 [acrobatics] vs reflex / +11 [athletics] vs fortitude [move action]
Hunter's Quarry [Ranger][minor action] [see online revision]
Nimble Strike [Level 1]
Twin Strike [Level 1]

Other Standard Actions: Administer a potion; Aid another [revised: skill check vs. 10+level/2, success helps +2, failure hurts -1]; Charge [+1 to basic melee attack or bull rush]; Coup de grace; Equip / stow shield; Ready an action; Total defense; Sustain standard action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics -- fast escape; Bluff, Heal -- first aid (use second wind DC10, stabilize the dying DC15, grant a saving throw DC15), Intimidate, Thievery depending on circumstances);

Other Move Actions: Crawl; Run [speed 8]; Stand up; Shift; Squeeze; Walk; may include some skills during combat (i.e., Acrobatics, Athletics); half of a Double Move (if taken in place of a standard action)

Other Minor Actions: Draw / sheathe weapon; Drink a potion; Drop prone; Load a crossbow; Open / close a door; Pick up an item; Retrieve / stow an item; Perception -- active (as per revision), Sustain minor action; Some skills during combat (i.e., Insight)

Other Immediate Actions: Readied action
Other Opportunity Actions: Opportunity attack
Other Free Actions: Drop held items; End a grab; Talk
Other Non-Actions: Delay; Endurance checks; Insight to counter Bluff; Knowledge checks; Perception -- passive
Short rest: Healing surges as available
Five minutes: Normal escape from restraints (Acrobatics)
One hour: Forage; Streetwise check

Encounter Powers:
Second Wind
Spend an Action Point [free action, not in surprise round]
Stone's Endurance [Goliath][minor action]
Two Fanged Strike [Level 1]
Disruptive Strike [Level 3][immediate interrupt]

Daily Powers:
Split the Tree [Level 1]
Oak Skin [Level 2 Utility][minor action]
Splintering Shot [Level 5]

Goliath/Half-Giant
+2 strength, +2 constitution or wisdom (already included, you chose wisdom.)
+2 Athletics, +2 Nature
Mountain's Tenacity (+1 will, included)
Powerful Athlete
Stone's Endurance once/encounter

Player characters from Waterdeep get to choose one additional language, have diplomacy as a class skill option, and get a +2 bonus to diplomacy checks.

Ranger
This ranger chose the Prime Shot class feature.
This ranger chose the hunter class feature. This gives the equivalent of the quick draw feat [not listed above].
Hunter's Quarry [see online revision] -- bonus damage 1d6 [minor action]
Player's Handbook I rangers get base 6 healing surges but Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms rangers get 7. Perhaps your ranger should get an extra daily surge.

Kuori's Equipment:
Arrows (quiver of 30) x3
Backpack
Bedroll
Blanket, winter x1
Block and tackle
Candle
Canvas (10 x 10)
Chalk
Crowbar
Flint and steel
Grappling hook
Hammer
Lantern (bullseye)
Lantern oil (pints) x3
Mirror
Pitons x10
Pot
Pouch (belt) x1
Rations (1 day) x10
Rope (50', hempen) x1
Soap
Spade / shovel
Sunrods x2
Torches x2
Waterskins x1

Total 126 lbs

Magic items:
Greatbow of Speed +1 x1
Sylvan Hide Armor +1 x1
Cloak of Distortion +1 x1
Boots of Stealth (heroic tier) x1
Bracers of Archery +1

Kuori hails from a clan of Lightlost Goliaths, or subterranean Goliaths. Since age 13 she has been a hunter within the clan and takes great pride in the speed and precision with which she handles her greatbow. She also takes great pride in outperforming veterans and men her age.
When not hunting Kuori can be found observing her future prey or reading about creatures others have encountered.
When she turned 17 she left for the surface to see and fight these creatures herself.

In the last adventure Kuori took on a sort of interest in Revenge. She can't pin down if its pity or genuine friendship, but she is motivated to reunited him with his love and see if that makes him a little less cranky.

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:50 pm
What is that? A character sheet for ants?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:45 pm
Mongooseh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Object of Affection 150
  • 50 Wins 150

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:48 pm
lol, I think they waited a little long for Zoolander 2. Its going to be like grandpa's strutting down the stage.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:32 am
PupSage
Mongooseh

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I mean it might be normal size on other peoples screens I have the below so everything might be small to me.
http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM95C

@Kowasuni I wouldn't mind playing the only day I will be unlikely to post would be thursdays due to work thats immediately followed by a RL sesh of 5e. If that'd be an issue I'll hold off.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:52 pm
That's fine I have my own IRL games on Wednesday and Saturday as well so I understand. If your combat turn falls on Thursday you wont be penalized. The main thing is i want people to be active and communicate with me when they cant.  
Mongooseh rolled 20 6-sided dice: 6, 3, 4, 5, 6, 1, 1, 6, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5, 5, 4, 2, 5, 4, 4, 1 Total: 74 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:03 pm
Kowsauni
That's fine I have my own IRL games on Wednesday and Saturday as well so I understand. If your combat turn falls on Thursday you wont be penalized. The main thing is i want people to be active and communicate with me when they cant.

Alrighty, Attempt numero uno on stats  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 3, 4, 3 Total: 11 (4-24)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:05 pm
Last 4 dice

Edit: Results

6,3,4,5 = 15
6,1,1,6 = 13
3,2,4,3 = 10
5,5,4,2 = 14
5,4,4,1 = 13
1,3,4,3 = 10  
Mongooseh rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 4, 5, 5, 6, 1, 4, 5, 2, 4, 4, 3, 6, 5, 6, 1, 5, 4, 1, 3 Total: 75 (20-120)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:10 pm
Previous roll can be bought exactly with the 20 point buy. Might as well try my luck. AGAIN!  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 4 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 3, 4 Total: 13 (4-24)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:11 pm
Second Last 4

1,4,5,5 = 14
6,1,4,5 = 15
2,4,4,3 = 11
6,5,6,1 = 17
5,4,1,3 = 12
4,2,3,4 = 11

Mucho better will be keeping this one.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:35 pm
Kowsauni
Poke

Need your ruling on something. I ended up looking at my avatar right now and decided to make a barbarian tiefling. I currently have a set up that when I reduce a non minion target to 0 hp I get two free action melee basic attacks. Now RAW thats fine but free actions do say that its up to gm discretion so best n** this in the bud rather than surprise it on you.

Is that kosher to you?  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:05 pm
Mongooseh
Kowsauni
Poke

Need your ruling on something. I ended up looking at my avatar right now and decided to make a barbarian tiefling. I currently have a set up that when I reduce a non minion target to 0 hp I get two free action melee basic attacks. Now RAW thats fine but free actions do say that its up to gm discretion so best n** this in the bud rather than surprise it on you.

Is that kosher to you?

Hmm I know the free MBA is part of one of the barbarian class mechanics but where is the second one coming from?  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff