Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Avatar Aficionados Anonymous. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gold?
Heck ye!
100%
 100%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 9

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:31 am
Hello, my name is Madeleine, people call me Maddy, and I am an AAA. What is an AAA well it is just a spoof, so no worries, it´s nothing serious! It´s just for us who love dressing our avi´s, perhaps a wee bit too much.
Can you spend hours a good while looking for the right items on MP? How long does it take for you to dress your avi? Hours? Do you often finding yourself changing your avi´s look and style, and finding that you just never have enough room in your wardrobe to satisfy your needs for -favorite- avi sets?
Then you might belong here! Sit down and talk about your avi! Show me your favorite outfits, or your favorite colour combinations. Is there a dream avi, or maybe more, you´re working towards? Then share them here biggrin

gaia_star You´re are more than welcome to share avi ideas.
gaia_star You´re allowed to give constructive criticism of an avi, if permission is given by the creator.
gaia_star This is not a sales thread, please PM each other of you find that you can trade/sell items the others might need.
gaia_star Show us your creative side!

And just for the fun of it, I am giving away 5.000.000.000g!

How can you win this neat little sum of gold? You post your dream avatar and I will pick a winner, easy, right? Now go and have fun, you crazy kids heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:34 am
I'm way, way too addicted to dressing up my avi. I will easily spend an hour or more sometimes coming up with a good look. (Though that can be very frustrating, too haha). Especially when you have a look you like but something is missing- the finishing piece- and you just don't know what it is. rofl rofl

I can't say I have a favorite color combination. I do have "seasonal" looks I go for, like in winter I break out the wintery looks, fall= fall themes, spring is springy, etc. Or sometimes if I'm binge-reading a manga I'll reflect my avi to go with that (school manga= school girl avi, One Piece= pirates) Or if there's a holiday, I'll do a holiday-themed avi. Or if there's an event, I'll dress up to go with that.

......hmm....I think I like themes emotion_awesome

I'm also fond of nudity. rofl  

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:16 am
Madam Chai

Oh gosh I know the struggle all too well. I can seriously spend hours too, just planning my avatar and come up with new combination ideas. And I totally do the same, work out from a theme, since I find it easier. Some of my favorite themes are cute (Like candy or cake inspired), divine like angels, magic and some form of saint (like with some of the items from St. Ciel) emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:51 pm
I've definitely spent hours making avatars. And XD usually, it ends with me just giving up. I never have the perfect item to finish off what I see in my mind. So then I only wear (an outfit I spent hours making) for several hours before changing it again. XDD
> <

I've actually gotten less picky over the years. I don't care as much about the flaws since I know I'll be changing my avatar soon anyway.

I've always thought that my weakness is that I don't have a favorite item or color combination. I don't have that go to look that defines my character. ... Well, that's sort of changing. I do have some looks in my closet that I return to now. But they're all so different that they don't define one character either.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:36 am
sdrawkcab

Sounds so very much like me, hahaha. I can´t stop changing my avi. Sometimes I will keep an avi for a while, if I really like it but then I´ll go back to changing it when a few days has passed.
Normally I really love colours like: Mint green, light blue. Light blue/gold, gold/red/black, white/gold, pastel pink and brown/cream colours.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:13 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
sdrawkcab

Sounds so very much like me, hahaha. I can´t stop changing my avi. Sometimes I will keep an avi for a while, if I really like it but then I´ll go back to changing it when a few days has passed.
Normally I really love colours like: Mint green, light blue. Light blue/gold, gold/red/black, white/gold, pastel pink and brown/cream colours.

*laughs* Yeah, sometimes I wonder why I put lots of time into an outfit that I will only wear for a short time. > < However, I think I get most of my fun while creating the avatar, not while using the avatar.

And XD that's a lot of colors! But a lot of good colors. o wo
Over the years, my standard colors were always pink, blue, orange and gray. I used all different colors, but those were the colors of the items that I liked the most. I loved the Jacked Up Shoes and the Gaia Tshirts. And I had gray hair. XD We didn't have wigs, and it was easier for me to hide the gray hair than if I had bright pink or yellow hair. I always made avatars in the matching style.

Gaia has so many new color palettes though and I want to wear them all. * o* Lately, I really like demure, peony, ivory and offblack. And raspberry and pumpkin. And amaranth pink. And @ .@ I could just keep listing colors and color schemes....

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:35 am
sdrawkcab

Same here! I have so many colours I just love, but I admit I do have some I like more than others.
But oh gosh yes, haha! Back when I first started Gaia, I wanted my avatar to be dark, cool and gothic or punk, so I was madly in love with the bat wings you could wear on your head, the Black Long Coat, the X_X Blue Raving Goggles and the Bio-Mask. But that was back then, when I thought everything was more awesome if I was a dark and broody goth rebel emotion_facepalm *dies a little on the inside* At least now I allow many more colours to enter my palette, compared to before.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:13 pm
I thought I was one of the only people that spent hours choosing outfits for my avi, glad I'm not alone.
I try to not click the avatar button, otherwise I'll be wasting hours instead of doing my homework, but it's just so difficult. It frustrates me so much that sometimes I just can't find the last item I need to make my avi prettier or cooler. I think I just try to change once per day for the runway and leave it until the next day. Lol. xp
Once tektek starts working again, I'll probably spend a few weeks or months trying to create my dream avi... sweatdrop So right now, I'm glad tektek won't work, but I want it to waork at the same time. Ugh, my thoughts are so contradicting.  

pandabear206

Fluffy Bunny

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:07 am
pandabear206

I don´t think TekTek is ever returning, sadly. One can always hope. But I think it is gone for good now, unless someone makes a new TekTek version, other than Gaia´s own Avatar Builder sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:16 am
Madeleine Heilburg
pandabear206

I don´t think TekTek is ever returning, sadly. One can always hope. But I think it is gone for good now, unless someone makes a new TekTek version, other than Gaia´s own Avatar Builder sweatdrop

I see. I kinda liked tektek, but I hope someone will create a better version of tektek. whee  

pandabear206

Fluffy Bunny

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:33 am
pandabear206

Trust me, my dear, we´re all hoping for it ;w;
TekTek was such a great tool for planning new avis!
But due to some problems between Gaia and Tekton, I hardly think the website will return. But do tell me, dear, do you have any ideas for an upcoming avi you wish for? Any themes or specific colours you´re trying to aim for? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:33 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
pandabear206

Trust me, my dear, we´re all hoping for it ;w;
TekTek was such a great tool for planning new avis!
But due to some problems between Gaia and Tekton, I hardly think the website will return. But do tell me, dear, do you have any ideas for an upcoming avi you wish for? Any themes or specific colours you´re trying to aim for? biggrin

I didn't know what was happening with tektek, so thanks, i learned something today. whee
As for colors or themes, i go with light colors like pale yellow, oink , and sky blue. But I also like making ghost avis. I just dont have many ghost like items.
What about you? How do you usuualy choose your avi's outfit?  

pandabear206

Fluffy Bunny

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:04 pm
pandabear206

It various, haha! Sometimes I just find a source of inspiration, like music, movies, series, a drawing or a roleplay idea (been a roleplayer for 12+ years now!), and sometimes I just get the idea, based on an item I have in my inventory where I think "Hey, this would go great with this!", which is actually the case with the current look! I tried to make sure she´d have ginger hair (Madeleine Heilburg is the game of my main roleplay character), but it didn´t really match all too well with the design ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:36 pm
Madeleine Heilburg
pandabear206

It various, haha! Sometimes I just find a source of inspiration, like music, movies, series, a drawing or a roleplay idea (been a roleplayer for 12+ years now!), and sometimes I just get the idea, based on an item I have in my inventory where I think "Hey, this would go great with this!", which is actually the case with the current look! I tried to make sure she´d have ginger hair (Madeleine Heilburg is the game of my main roleplay character), but it didn´t really match all too well with the design ^^

Your avi looks very pretty. I don't play much role playing games so I have no idea who that is, but I watch a lot of anime, and sometimes I'm like that too. I'll see something in my inventory that looks sorta like an anime character, and I'd spend the next hours trying to find items that would make my avi look just like the anime character.  

pandabear206

Fluffy Bunny

Madeleine Heilburg

Colorful Sweetheart

25,715 Points
  • Married 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:51 pm
pandabear206

I don´t expect you to know who she is, hahaha! She´s my own OC (original character) biggrin it´s the name of my avi here on Gaia and she´s just made out from inspiration of my OC. Normally Madeleine (or Mini and Maddy as she´s also called at times) has ginger hair, blue eyes and freckles, but sometimes my outfits just do´t match with the hair, so I have to chose something new biggrin
But mostly my outfits are made for Mini, just to see what she would look like in various outfits and costumes heart  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff