Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
But That's Heresy!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:27 pm
Considering my inability to find a game that you know, Happens, I was thinking of making a game of Dark Heresy.

Wanted to see who was interested in diving into the world of Warhammer 40k.

Somethings you should probably know:

Dark Heresy is Massive. There will probably be mistakes on the rules and such as time goes on, simply because of how many there are in all the different books. Some of them actually contradict each other.

I'm probably not going to be the greatest DM. I prefer to play and I've only Dmed one game of 3.5e. Dark Heresy is far, far beyond that.

See that guy over there that's a little strange? He's probably a heretic.

Be prepared. You will almost -always- lose someone within a DH Campaign. Often times in the most brutal and gory way imaginable. There is no Resurrection.

Nurgle Loves You.

The game centers around Acolytes under an Inquisitor, but it can be changed around using the different books to turn it into Imperial guard, Eldar, Orks,Chaos cultists or even, should you be feeling evil, Chaos Daemons. Although they will have to all be from the same god, considering how they feel about each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:00 pm
Ah 40k, that big ball of 'what the ********' at times. Love it.

I would like to take a moment to politely help out your explanation. The system started with Dark Heresy and it's long line of splatbooks. It then went into Rogue Trader, where you play as the titled Rogue Trader and his group, and it's line of splats, which are compatible. After that was Death Watch, which was Spess Mahreens, and compatible with the other two.

Then came Black Crusade. This game changed a lot of the base rules and how character progression (A lot more freedom) worked. It also rebalanced a lot of gear. FOR CHAOS! This proceeded into Only War where they fiddled with the progression a bit more and all, for Guardsmen.

After that, we come back to Dark Heresy 2e. An updated version of the game designed around the new progression, rules, and balance started in Black Crusade.

*cough*

Sorry, just like it. Would you be using DH1e or DH2e?  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:24 pm
Raganui Minamoto

"What the ********" Is right. More about Dark Heresy than 40k itself.
I've never been more confused about a tabletop game.

It would be 2e, since most things in 1e I've seen are pretty much trash aside from the bosses.

I say that loosely, considering it will probably be some strange amalgamation of rules and adaptions if Eldar, Orks or Daemons are chosen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 am
Eldar and Orks I'd probably leave to running Rogue Trader. Daemons... I actually don't know of any rules for playing those, except for some dealing with Daemon Princes if you pull off having the Infamy when you hit the corruption limit in black Crusade.

Course unofficial rules made by people may be found online, but I'm not certain.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Ravanan

8,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:05 pm
Depending on the type of Daemon that was chosen I would give them most, if not all of the rules/traits/talents of the Troop version of that enemy.

Most of it would have to be subterfuge until Cultists can summon you since Daemons cant travel very far in the material world without Shrines along the way, corrupting things from the sidelines depending on who you are, working on gaining gifts and favour from your god, Etc.

And then just avoiding anything Grey from there on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:31 pm
Right. I've done a stint as a Gretchin similar to that. It was rather fun, til the nat 100 on a demolitions check while I was planting explosives on some Dark Eldar Raider vehicles. At least he took out the Raiders and a chunk of DE with him.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces