Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Questions and Assistance
How do I change my Avatar's Features? (A)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Granous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:10 pm
I checked around the General Gaia Forums for an answer to this question, but they all seem to be outdated. I am aware of how to dress my avatar, but as far as skin tone, eye color, hair, etc., how do I change these? Many other Forum Posts have stated that one needs to delete their avatar,and they give instructions as to how. They say to go to the page in which you dress your avatar, and look for the "Delete Avatar" button, but I don't see it! I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me, and thanks in advance! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:40 pm
Granous
I checked around the General Gaia Forums for an answer to this question, but they all seem to be outdated. I am aware of how to dress my avatar, but as far as skin tone, eye color, hair, etc., how do I change these? Many other Forum Posts have stated that one needs to delete their avatar,and they give instructions as to how. They say to go to the page in which you dress your avatar, and look for the "Delete Avatar" button, but I don't see it! I would greatly appreciate it if someone could help me, and thanks in advance! 3nodding

Avatar deletion is a defunct option that no one uses anymore. (I used to do that daily back before we had wigs and contacts. Yeeeeaarrrrss ago. XD) It still exists, but the staff sort of frown against its use... and there's no way to get to it without knowing the link.
I did do a quick search and found the deletion page. Someone said that it gave them an issue... so I'm not sure if it's safe to use.

To change your eyes and hair, go to Salon Durem.
To change your skin tone, go to Skin Tyte. Buy the Human Potion in the color you want. (You can also change to an elf, centaur, etc. To change back, buy a human potion in the skin tone you want.)
      .... Which is not to be confused with changing between human and animal bases. That's done easily without permanent potions.
To change your gender, buy a Gender Bender potion from Skin Tyte. You also get two free potions from your settings page (upper right section). If you're collecting achievements, you'll have to swap genders to collect one of them.
The potions permanently change your base avatar. To "undo" them, you buy a different potion. The hair and eyes in Salon Durem are also a permanent change to your avatar. To "undo" them, you buy other hair and eyes. ^^

Past that, most users are using items to change their features like wigs, skins and contacts. The default options are limited and it's likely that you'll eventually use those items too.

Edit; Sorry about the links in that last paragraph. Just dawned on me that you might still be in the first 3 days (without access to the marketplace). Those links might not work. <.< >.>

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Granous

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:10 pm
sdrawkcab
Granous

Avatar deletion is a defunct option that no one uses anymore. (I used to do that daily back before we had wigs and contacts. Yeeeeaarrrrss ago. XD) It still exists, but the staff sort of frown against its use... and there's no way to get to it without knowing the link.
I did do a quick search and found the deletion page. Someone said that it gave them an issue... so I'm not sure if it's safe to use.

To change your eyes and hair, go to Salon Durem.
To change your skin tone, go to Skin Tyte. Buy the Human Potion in the color you want. (You can also change to an elf, centaur, etc. To change back, buy a human potion in the skin tone you want.)
      .... Which is not to be confused with changing between human and animal bases. That's done easily without permanent potions.
To change your gender, buy a Gender Bender potion from Skin Tyte. You also get two free potions from your settings page (upper right section). If you're collecting achievements, you'll have to swap genders to collect one of them.
The potions permanently change your base avatar. To "undo" them, you buy a different potion. The hair and eyes in Salon Durem are also a permanent change to your avatar. To "undo" them, you buy other hair and eyes. ^^

Past that, most users are using items to change their features like wigs, skins and contacts. The default options are limited and it's likely that you'll eventually use those items too.

Edit; Sorry about the links in that last paragraph. Just dawned on me that you might still be in the first 3 days (without access to the marketplace). Those links might not work. <.< >.>

I see. Thanks so much for the help! I was under the impression that I was somehow blind to this magical button that allowed me to edit my character's appearance.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:49 pm
Granous

I see. Thanks so much for the help! I was under the impression that I was somehow blind to this magical button that allowed me to edit my character's appearance.

XD I used to consider it to be magical, yes. <3
It used to be the only way to change eyes and skin tone before Salon Durem got eyes and Skin Tyte got the potions.

... OH. I just deleted my character and recreated it... but it didn't work. It reset to what I had before I deleted it. o: So > < well, here's the thread I found earlier with the link. It's true that it no longer works though. @ .@ Whoa.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
☆ Questions and Assistance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items