Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Bridgepuddle (4e) complete Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:48 am
[ Character Sheets ]

4e Party
  • 1]
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]

[ Premise/Foreword ]
    Brutal winters and mild summers, Two hundred years ago the land Bridgepuddle now resides was part of the Wilderlands, and home to Elves, gnomes, and many other races of the Wilderlands. This changed when the sorcerer-king, Edmond took his armies and marched into the dense forests along the Blue river, burning and killing all in his path until the river turned crimson.

The chaos only ended, when the Lords of Wilderlands joined forces and called on the raw primal power, unseen since the dawn wars, against the King's armies resulting in the death of thousands on both sides.

A memorial now stands inside the walls of Bridgepuddle, where a peace treaty was finally signed(signing over the burnt lands to the kingdom). With resentment and anger still in the hearts of Wilderlandians and Countrymen; An uneasy truce now resides over the countries, and the City of Bridgepuddle is in the center of it all.

[ Setting Information/Background ]

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You are employed by Old Tom, an information broker, freelance exploration guru and all around nice human. As one of his agents you are given wealth(10gp per week plus other bonuses), discount of his services, free lodging and an Identification Passport to leave and re-enter the city(tolls, taxes and any outstanding fees/fines; still need to be payed upon return). All for you to explore old ruins, dismantle dangerous situations, and/or to act as message carriers.

Given your lack of experience your assignments were boring carry jobs a crossed the city. But, today is different... Today rumors abound of two newly discoveried places... And Today, Tom requested your presence at his office.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources:
    4e Party; Rain's 4e Rules
    Banned Resources: Not of the Available Sources, ask.

ECL: 1st level
    Gold: 100
    Races: Open
    Ability Scores*: 4d6, drop the lowest, seven times; Or 32 Pathfinder's point buy...
    xxxxxxxxxx*
    Hit Points: Normal
    Alignments:Open
    Pantheon:Open
    Backgrounds: Yes,Please!!

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]
    2]
    3]

• Rain Yupa rolled 28 6-sided dice: 4, 2, 1, 5, 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 3, 2, 2, 5, 3, 5, 2, 6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 5, 2, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 Total: 94 (28-168)
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:54 am
    Why is it that sorcerer-kings are always a-holes, while you never hear about the wrongdoings of wizard-kings?! #SorceryIsLove

There's a 4e character build I wanted to work on. I think it might be better suited for the quicker progression of IRL play, but I want to make a beastmaster ranger/druid multiclass. (The plan is to focus on Druid magic and Beast Companion melee combination by investing purely in Wisdom)

But, of course, that hinges on if it'll be a 4e version, or a 5e version (or if you're running both?).

I'm not necessarily sold on the character, though, so I'll let others pitch in what they want, if they want to do 4e.

I'm still gonna roll my stats now, though!
    4, 2, 1, 5 = 11
    6, 5, 4, 3 = 15
    1, 3, 2, 2 = I don't want to talk about it.
    5, 3, 5, 2 = 13
    6, 1, 4, 2 = 12
    5, 5, 2, 2 = 12
    2, 3, 4, 5 = 12

Blah. Is the 7-set dice roll permanent, or do you allow a "if you drop the ball you can replace it with a point buy" thing?

If not, that's DEFINITELY not going to be the ranger/druid sweatdrop

Character concepts I want to do:
    An Elf Monk with some dabbling into rogue or ranger. (Striker)
    A Half-Elf Ranger/Druid multiclass. (Striker'ish?)
    A "Rain will never tire of Fighters" Fighter (Defender)
    I wouldn't mind playing a Wizard or Invoker (depending on which would be more 'appropriate' for the setting; I don't even know what the PC's roles will be yet) (Controller)
    A Longtooth Shifter Bard (Leader). My music is howls!  

Rain Yupa
    Captain

Enduring Member

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
    • Person of Interest 200
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Hygienic 200
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:59 am
    Do you intend for the two parties to meet and/or interact at all? Cos if they end up fighting, it's no contest...the 4e group will always win.

That being said, this also interests me as a player, as there are a number of possible characters I would enjoy trying. As for which one to go with, I'll wait to see what others play  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:48 pm
    I would be interested in joining, (more interested in 4th than 5th). But I want to be up front with this. I plan on playing a good character who would not tolerate evil actions or characters. If anyone plans on playing this kind of character, then I will politely bow out now.  

Kowsauni
    Crew

Rain Yupa
    Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:00 pm
    No worries from me in that regard, Kowsauni!  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:02 pm
    Ryssa Blackblood
    Do you intend for the two parties to meet and/or interact at all? Cos if they end up fighting, it's no contest...the 4e group will always win.

That being said, this also interests me as a player, as there are a number of possible characters I would enjoy trying. As for which one to go with, I'll wait to see what others play

Is it a two party game? I wasn't sure, but I got the impression it was a "4e OR 5e game" game.  

Rain Yupa
    Captain

Enduring Member

Ryssa Blackblood

High-functioning Sex Symbol

11,215 Points
    • Person of Interest 200
    • Treasure Hunter 100
    • Hygienic 200
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:04 pm
    *chuckles* I can make a good guy for once

and yeah, the OP mentioned before about a dual-party thing  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:10 pm
    @ Rain: Because Wizard-Kings are old and cranky, Sorcerer-Kings are young and bored.

I bought the 5e books about a month ago, and besides reading the DMG, they have sat on my bookself collecting dust waiting on someone to make a game. So, I decided to make my own. I know there are more 4e people in the guild, and running two games in the same key location wouldn't be so hard.

I do intend to run both games. If I can get at-least 3 people for both, that is. sweatdrop

I will allow "point buy replacement", if you really don't like your rolls or they didn't equate to 32 points.

@ Ryssa

What the characters want to do in the town, is up to them ... within the town's laws. ninja I will freely allow players of the two parties to interact and talk about their exploits. As for battling ... I will just say the town has no temple, a jail house and guards, but no temple.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
    Vice Captain

Rain Yupa
    Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:53 pm
    ... it sounds then to me, like Ryssa and I are waiting for Kowsauni to declare a character before either of us decide?  
    PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:05 pm
    I'm working on this. The problem is I pay for and use the online character builder, so all the characters I'm currently interested in playing involve either a feat, race or powers that are not from the allowed materials.

For example I have a hengeyokai assassin;
    a dragonborn ranger who fights with her claws, which requires me to take a monk multiclass feat from a Dragon magazine to get unarmed strike;
    an ice-specialized dragonborn sorcerer which relies on some Dragon magazine feats to hurl her breath; etc.

I also have a question about the point buy; I'm curious where you got the number 32 (which is awesome). Pathfinder rules only go up to 25 for high fantasy settings and D&D 4e point buy is 22.

Also I was curious if I could potentially use this character of mine. Game mechanic wise she is identical to a dragonborn but thematically she is an old school half dragon created through a magic experiment or dragon/human crossbreeding, which ever fits better for the setting.  

Kowsauni
    Crew

Rain Yupa
    Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 pm
    The fighter I'd probably pick would be a Dragonborn, either two-handed weapon if we're lacking a striker, else sword-and-board. What class would she be, Kowsauni?  
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:03 am
    Well, originally I played her as a ranger with the monk multiclass feat I mentioned above so she could attack with her claws. As of now I'm trying to find a class that still carries the same feel. Perhaps monk but the stats don't line up quite right and she's suppose to be a bestial brawler kind of character, not a zen martial artist.

Other then that I'm looking at perhaps and elf barbarian but I don't have anything I am happy with atm.  

Kowsauni
    Crew

Rain Yupa
    Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:11 am
    Kowsauni
    she's suppose to be a bestial brawler kind of character, not a zen martial artist.

Why not the "Brawling Fighter" build from MP2?  
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:46 am
    I know almost nothing about 4E but there has been a 5E character idea I've been dying to play around with.

Sabrina Michaelis
    Age 19
    Class: Warlock, Pack with The Fiend
    Race: Half Elf

A b*****d of a noble human man and a elfish prostitute. She spent the majority of her childhood in her siblings shadows, never being granted the same rights or education as them. When her father died of a poisoning (of which she believes her oldest brother had a hand in) her stepmother sold her to her brothel several towns away. During her first few nights of "training" a voice would call out to her as she was abused, whispering sweet promises of power and vengeance into her ear, and on the third night when the last shred of innocence was to be taken from her, she accepted. She quickly killed her client, and most of the staff before leaving in the night.  

Chisami1

PupSage

Dapper Dog

20,850 Points
    • Beta Critic 0
    • Object of Affection 150
    • 50 Wins 150
    PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:03 am
    Well ... since I can't make a 4e without DDI and chrome, edge, and firefox no longer support silverlight or java ...

5e it is.

One thing that I will say, I know that you said nothing else, but they did just release the Sword Coast Adventurers guide, which has like 14 new classes and a few new races.

There is also the Elemental evil players companion, which is available online for free and has 4 new races and some spells.

And the DMG actually has 2 races in it as well.

If you will allow those I will be playing a Aaroka Sun Fist monk.
    If not, then I will do either a rogue or a Undying Light Warlock, bladelock.  
    The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces
    Fun Stuff